5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Excalabur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey pinsiders,

I and my girlfriend are going on a road trip from Winnipeg through to Calgary (and back) over the next month or so. Having a look at the public pin locations map leaves me expecting to go through withdrawal.

So: does anyone want to have some random strangers over to play pinball, or give us tips on where in public is the place to go to play?

#2 5 years ago

You bring the beer... I'll open the door! lol.

#3 5 years ago

Done.

Should be in calgary around the 18th and then again about the 28th. PM me contact details and we'll get in touch.

#4 5 years ago

Come by for a visit here to.
    Always nice to meet new pinheads

You could also visit the Flames arena here in Calgary.
    I believe they have 8 games on location there now,might be more.
    5 minutes from my place

Dan

#5 5 years ago

Go Flames Go!

#6 5 years ago

Yeah man there isn't a whole lot here....(yet, hopefully), if u were coming north of Calgary to Edmonton I'd extend an invitation, and of course there is West Ed Mall here too.....

#7 5 years ago

Weirdly, the Calgary Airport is a last stronghold of arcades in the city. There are six or seven of them hiding all over the departures level, and a few of them have a pin or two hiding inside.

#8 5 years ago

Airport arcades used to be everywhere: what the heck else are you going to do while waiting. They seem to have disappeared over the last few years, though: the one in brisbane disappeared in the last two years.

Quoted from volkdrive:

Yeah man there isn't a whole lot here....(yet, hopefully), if u were coming north of Calgary to Edmonton I'd extend an invitation, and of course there is West Ed Mall here too.....

Edmonton might get added to the list depending on family and so on. Will let you know.

Quoted from pingod:

You could also visit the Flames arena here in Calgary.
    I believe they have 8 games on location there now,might be more.

That seems like an odd place to route games, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Excalabur:

Airport arcades used to be everywhere: what the heck else are you going to do while waiting. They seem to have disappeared over the last few years, though: the one in brisbane disappeared in the last two years.

Edmonton might get added to the list depending on family and so on. Will let you know.

That seems like an odd place to route games, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

They have them in a lounge and big hallway outside the Olympic lounge.
    Well maintained games,serviced a couple of times a week.

#10 5 years ago

There are few a far between places in Alberta for pinball, the best in Calgary I believe would be the Olympic Lounge, heard good things about it, the next time I am down there I am going to check it out since it is close to friends of ours.

If you are in Edmonton, I would extend an invitiation as well, however, there are a lot of great collectors that have awesome collections in Calgary that would extend out invitations. I have met a few of them some good people out there...

Have fun on your trip and drive carefully wicked time of year for a road trip, lol...

#11 5 years ago

Saskatoon is a little out of the way, but I've got a decent line up at my location at Sports on Tap. 4 currently, with 3 more going in soon (old school with Mystic and Quicksilver, and possibly JM or St Pro).

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondie7575:

Weirdly, the Calgary Airport is a last stronghold of arcades in the city. There are six or seven of them hiding all over the departures level, and a few of them have a pin or two hiding inside.

Last I was there, there were two arcade near the food court and each one had 4-6 machines in them. Whenever i fly back to bc, i book the long layouver in calg!

Quoted from smokedog:

Saskatoon is a little out of the way, but I've got a decent line up at my location at Sports on Tap. 4 currently, with 3 more going in soon (old school with Mystic and Quicksilver, and possibly JM or St Pro).

SOT is awesome! I frequently go to 'stoon for work and always spend my nights there crankin back nachos, scooners and pin!

--

I live 3 hours west of winnipeg on the #1.
    You bring some beergies and we can smash out some Spidey! When do you plan to start your trip? Only problem is that Im often out of town for work

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

SOT is awesome! I frequently go to 'stoon for work and always spend my nights there crankin back nachos, scooners and pin!

Send me a note when you come through. Free* pin when I show up

*disclaimer* Free pin may involve buying me a pint.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Send me a note when you come through. Free* pin when I show up
    *disclaimer* Free pin may involve buying me a pint.

Oh you have yourself a deal my friend. Hell, considering I drop $20+ into those machines, ill get ya a couple pints!

#15 5 years ago

Well, my pins dont quite measure up to Pingod's but ive got a few other things to play as well.

Pm, sent.

Pingod.... Id love to play a few of your games one day myself!

-Spencer

#16 5 years ago

Are you insane dude? Do you know how cold Alberta gets in dead winter?? Wait until July when the ice sometimes breaks.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Well, my pins dont quite measure up to Pingod's but ive got a few other things to play as well.
    Pm, sent.
    Pingod.... Id love to play a few of your games one day myself!
    -Spencer

Anytime Spencer,always good to meet someone else in the hobby.
    Picking up another game tomorrow,so busy then

#18 5 years ago

I'm in Elm Creek, MB now, and planning on heading to SK mon-tue next week and calgary after that. I'll get in touch with people as I travel assuming that the internet exists (which is marginal here...)

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Are you insane dude? Do you know how cold Alberta gets in dead winter?? Wait until July when the ice sometimes breaks.

Unfortunately not an option. I'm here now, so there you have it. Sometimes you don't get to choose when things happen.

Quoted from smokedog:

I do believe we'll be thru Saskatoon next week--I'll stop in and have a flip or two. Thanks for the tip

#19 5 years ago

Regina has about 8 beat up pins and a woz at Wonderland. I'll be in Jamaica but if you're coming thru Swift, Lucky Charlie's has an Xmen and an Apollo 13.

#20 5 years ago

I was in there over december and no WOZ... MB, T2 x2, RnB harley and some others.
    Games were beat tp $#!+ as well

If anyone in the area Does know of a woz, id be REALLY stoked tp know about it!!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Excalabur:

I do believe we'll be thru Saskatoon next week--I'll stop in and have a flip or two. Thanks for the tip

Crap. I'd better go clean the machines

Send me a PM when you are planning to be there. If I can join you I will!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Excalabur:

Not the Saddledome but the "Flames Community Arenas". In the Oilympics lounge upstairs like mentioned above. I look after the pins there, solid player's machines, set up properly, clean and level. All features work, flippers are strong, if even a switch goes out I get a text and I'm there within an hour.

Would be great if you made it out to play, we put in a lot of work on those pins so it's nice to see them appreciated!

Right now we have:

Revenge From Mars
    The Addams Family
    Batman (The Dark Knight)
    Metallica (Master of Puppets)
    Creature From the Black Lagoon
    Terminator 2
    No Fear
    Indiana Jones (Williams)

Coming soon:

Theatre of Magic
    The Shadow
    World Cup Soccer

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/calgary-flames-community-arenas-4092-calgary-ab-canada

#23 5 years ago

Stopped by Sports on Tap in Saskatoon today--is recommended. A few niggles with the machines, but generally in good shape and the venue is nice, too. (If a bit odd.)

#24 5 years ago

Thanks for stopping in!

I sent you an email earlier on why I couldn't join you and apologizing in advance for the 'niggles'. I have not been able to get to the location for a couple weeks. Life gets in the way sometimes! I hope to get there this weekend to bring in two more machines and clean up what's there.

Still have to fix that locked on 3x LED on AC/DC.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I was in there over december and no WOZ... MB, T2 x2, RnB harley and some others.
    Games were beat tp $#!+ as well
    If anyone in the area Does know of a woz, id be REALLY stoked tp know about it!!

WOZ is still there, it's in the front section with the vids not in the back with the other pins.

Although the condition has gone down since the last time I played it. Right flipper in now an old Williams and 90% of the lights were out. There was also an upside down error message in the crystal ball.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimbeam42:

WOZ is still there, it's in the front section with the vids not in the back with the other pins.
    Although the condition has gone down since the last time I played it. Right flipper in now an old Williams and 90% of the lights were out. There was also an upside down error message in the crystal ball.

Damn it, why do I always B-Line it to the back!?
    Do you go there frequently?

1 week later
    #27 5 years ago

I work downtown, so I head over there at lunch every once and a while.

3 weeks later
    #28 5 years ago

Homie! Did you make it back through? Highways have been absolute HELL the last couple weeks, sure hope you kept'r between the rhubarb. Post up if ur safe n sound!

1 week later
    #29 5 years ago

Yep. Safe and sound. Will write up a summary of the pin-parts of the trip soon.

Now in NoCal---there's lots of machines on route down here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside