(Topic ID: 224600)

Were the current remanufactured Bally Playboy bumber caps all done sloppy?

By swampwiz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've got some caps that I had installed back in the '90s that I would like to update. Looking around, I see these caps being offered:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3713-42

ebay.com link: Bally Playboy Pinball Machine POP BUMPER CAP SET

It can be seen on both that the screw holes are quite a bit misaligned, and as well, the starburst triangles have sections that are missing ink, or with poor edges. In the last few years, I've gotten these from some vendors and had to send them back because of how sloppy they were. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that whoever did this manufacturing run (ultimately done by some little place in China?) really screwed up? Were there any from this run that turned out as properly quality? Anyone know if anyone is planning on remanufacturing these at proper quality?

#2 5 years ago

You tried Pinball Resource?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

You tried Pinball Resource?

Pinball Resource does not carry this anymore.

#4 5 years ago

Seems like I remember PinballPimp doing a run of these.
    Contact him?

#5 5 years ago

Those may be prototypes or something I would ask Marco for a picture of the actual set, they usually have good quality control in my experience.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I've got some caps that I had installed back in the '90s that I would like to update. Looking around, I see these caps being offered:
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3713-42
    ebay.com link » Bally Playboy Pinball Machine Pop Bumper Cap Set
    It can be seen on both that the screw holes are quite a bit misaligned, and as well, the starburst triangles have sections that are missing ink, or with poor edges. In the last few years, I've gotten these from some vendors and had to send them back because of how sloppy they were. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that whoever did this manufacturing run (ultimately done by some little place in China?) really screwed up? Were there any from this run that turned out as properly quality? Anyone know if anyone is planning on remanufacturing these at proper quality?

I bought a set from Jeff at Classic Arcades several years ago and they were sloppy just like the Ebay auction. /does not look like he improved them.

#7 5 years ago

I bought a set from PBR about 10 years ago, and they are perfect. Of course, it was ten years ago....

Yves

#8 5 years ago

When all the licensing stuff went kablooie I think PBR was pushed out on Playboy, so the original stamps got pushed out as well, so you get what you get from "it's good enough".

PS: Drop targets too, I think...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/were-the-current-remanufactured-bally-playboy-bumber-caps-done-sloppy?hl=arcane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.