(Topic ID: 55604)

Were is the Metallica snake mods with fangs already? It's been 2 weeks 8-)

By Pinballpal

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CIMG4833.JPG
CIMG4831.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
one-tooth_snake.jpg
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2038.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
lego_horns.jpg
P7030023.JPG
P7020021.JPG
P7020016.JPG
P7020015.JPG

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Anybody currently working on this? Some prototype pics would be would be great.

#3 6 years ago

It's late spelling fixed teach .

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Anybody currently working on this? Sum prototype pics would be would be great.

Some*

#6 6 years ago

Working on it, but we need a snake! That's a few weeks out still...

#7 6 years ago

Here's mine!! He had a dental implant the next day after he got here (6/28) Added the tongue yesterday. The biggest problem is it is a PITA to get the snakes head off!! They're flexible so they won't break and haven't noticed too much interference when the ball hits them...Unfortunately it is too tough to take the whole assembly loose to get to the screws to take the snakes head off. and they used lock-tite on the screws in his head so that makes it more of a pain. I have taken it off a couple times now might have to do it again when I decide on lighting his eyes up!! I started on Sparky too, in the last pic you can see his hair! I don't do MODS for a living though so this isn't going to be for sale just for my personal machine.

Phoebe

P7020015.JPG

#8 6 years ago

Here's mine!! He had a dental implant the next day after he got here (6/28) Added the tongue yesterday. The biggest problem is it is a PITA to get the snakes head off!! They're flexible so they won't break and haven't noticed too much interference when the ball hits them...Unfortunately it is too tough to take the whole assembly loose to get to the screws to take the snakes head off. and they used lock-tite on the screws in his head so that makes it more of a pain. I have taken it off a couple times now might have to do it again when I decide on lighting his eyes up!! I started on Sparky too, in the last pic you can see his hair! I don't do MODS for a living though so this isn't going to be for sale just for my personal machine.
Phoebe

Don't know what is up if its my computer or internet...but it didn't add all the pics!! Sorry if it double posts!!

Phoebe

P7020016.JPG

#9 6 years ago

Very nice!

#10 6 years ago

Ok I guess were doing 1 pic at a time!!

Phoebe

P7020021.JPG P7030023.JPG

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Ok I guess were doing 1 pic at a time!!

Phoebe

LEGO FTW!

#13 6 years ago

I like the fangs, and the tongue looks good. ....but *IMHO*, the tongue would look better if it stuck out from the lower jaw. TO ME, it just doesn't look right coming out the top.

EDIT - I realize it may not be possible to have the tongue on the bottom as it would mess with the gameplay.

#14 6 years ago

What did you use for the fangs and how did you mount them? Thanks!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTilt:

Those are lego horns like I said. LEGO FTW! lego_horns.jpg

#16 6 years ago

Looks awesome Phoebe!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I like the fangs, and the tongue looks good. ....but *IMHO*, the tongue would look better if it stuck out from the lower jaw. TO ME, it just doesn't look right coming out the top.
EDIT - I realize it may not be possible to have the tongue on the bottom as it would mess with the gameplay.

Yeah I thought of that, but there is no way the tongue would work on the lower jaw piece...had to reposition fangs a couple times to keep them out of the way. The ball still hits the fangs but they are rubbery and light weight so they don't break and move when the ball hits them.

Quoted from OnTilt:

Mounting them was a PITA!! Getting the whole snake assembly out was bad, but I pretty much had to take it all apart. I ended up drilling holes in the upper jaw plate to mount the fangs through, I've had the fangs move so I had to reposition them a couple times but so far they haven't fallen out. Still testing so I want to see how they hold up before I get everyones hopes up. I had to do a bit of trimming on the snakes upper jaw where they had originally removed the fangs for the tongue to sit right.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Those are lego horns like I said. LEGO FTW!

Nope sorry NOT LEGO fangs! Never even knew there was such a thing!

I'm sure someone will come up with better ones that are easier to install. I will keep testing mine out (Play testing always a good thing!! ) and if they hold up I will post what they are..no sense anyone else drilling holes if they don't hold up for the long haul!!

Phoebe

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I will keep testing mine out (Play testing always a good thing!! ) and if they hold up I will post what they are..no sense anyone else drilling holes if they don't hold up for the long haul!!

interested

#19 6 years ago

Cool I might just get a set of lego fangs and superglue them too the top of the snakes mouth and hope for the best if they get knocked out just re super glue them .

#20 6 years ago

So,no trace of someone doing this mod ? i bet it's THE mod that people will buy the most!

#21 6 years ago

I have an idea that I think will work, just waiting on my snake!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I have an idea that I think will work, just waiting on my snake!

What do you mean ? you bought a snake ?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

you bought a snake ?

2K by Christmas

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What do you mean ? you bought a snake ?

No, I bought a Pro, but its not here yet! The snake is attached to my Pro, as long as Stern doesn't decide to scrap the whole thing before then.

I played a friends LE and got an idea of the size. Picked up several sizes of 'fangs' and we have a design that might work, but I need to tinker with it. Should be fairly cheap if I can get it to work.

1 month later
#27 6 years ago

any update? this needs to get done by our awesome modders.

2 weeks later
#28 6 years ago

Anybody come up with any ideas yet?

#29 6 years ago

My snake came with fangs. Is that because I got an early run?

#30 6 years ago

Spot on swampfire, the second runs had the fangs removed. The wife and I were bummed when ours showed up toothless.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My snake came with fangs. Is that because I got an early run?

Yup

#32 6 years ago

That makes me feel much better about all 1st-run problems I had to fix (nothing serious, just a little aggravating).

1 week later
#33 6 years ago

No official snake mod yet?

#34 6 years ago

I second the bump.

#35 6 years ago

I still don't understand why stern (other than the reason "money"), didn't originally make the head of the snake a generic looking mechanism w/ a rubber snake "skin" head w/ fangs that slipped over it (like those rubber snake toys that you can buy for a couple of bucks).

it would have given the whole piece a more realistic look as well as solving the whole fang issue

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I still don't understand why stern (other than the reason "money"), didn't originally make the head of the snake a generic looking mechanism w/ a rubber snake "skin" head w/ fangs that slipped over it (like those rubber snake toys that you can buy for a couple of bucks).
it would have given the whole piece a more realistic look as well as solving the whole fang issue

Come now, we all love the alligator, right?

#37 6 years ago

I am bumping again as this for me is the only thing missing from the pin.

#38 6 years ago

Might have to invent one my self .

#39 6 years ago

Necessity is the mother of invention...

#40 6 years ago

My snake misses a tooth since today sooner or later it had to happen

So I hope somebody comes up with an idea

#41 6 years ago

My snake lost a tooth one day one of my NIB unboxing. Kindof a bummer...

#42 6 years ago

at least yours came with teeth. they broke mine off at the factory

#43 6 years ago

I would try using GOOP glue and form it into a fang and paint it white. That stuff flexes but doesn't break.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I would try using GOOP glue and form it into a fang and paint it white. That stuff flexes but doesn't break.

White Lexel dab it on glass and pull up and let it cure then cut it off with a blade.
Dab some on the ends and stick them on the snake and let it cure.
The stuff is tough as nails and shouldn't break off.

#45 6 years ago

Defanged mine today of his last tooth. One tooth really doesnt look well

While I had it out I made some pics for the developers among us, perhaps it helps them. I think you can get the snakehead off without dissassembling the whole thing. It has a screw on top and at the back which can be removed easily. The one in the mouth is the tough one but can be done I think. A well, thats for next time when I thought of something to replace the fangs

IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2039.JPG

#46 6 years ago

BY the way, the snakehead is hollow between the upper layers plastic and the bottom so I guess leds in the eye can be done but than ofcourse you would have to drill a hole in the eyes to get the light out and I prefer reversible mods. A hole in the eye is not really reversible. If I would make it I think 1 led in the hollow space + a hole in each eye could do the job.

Some more pics

IMG_2038.JPG IMG_2039.JPG IMG_2040.JPG

#47 6 years ago

Defanged mine today of his last tooth. One tooth really doesnt look well

why are you lookin' at me funny like that?

one-tooth_snake.jpg

#48 6 years ago

Stern are the ones that should make and provide to all MetallicA owners!!!!

#49 5 years ago

I think I found a solution here is a pic, tell me what you guys think. They are rubber. I have to wait 24 hours for drying time and put a bunch of games on it to make sure they will hold.

image.jpg image.jpg

#50 5 years ago

Very nice, but they look more like vampire teeth... try to give them a little curve and you got it covered

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside