Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BoP
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I could have sworn they were at the Allentown show; across from Pinball Inc... but I can't find their website anywhere... at least not one that will load.

Does anyone know what's up with Mayfair?
    I wanted to inquire about a part I saw at the show and maybe some backglass.

#2 10 years ago

PM sent with an email address I used to communicate with them before the show.

#4 10 years ago

Could you send me that as well. I am trying to buy a black knight back glass from them as well.

Thanks!

#5 10 years ago

They were at Allentown. I heard somewhere that they were getting out of the business and Allentown was one of their last liquidation type events. Can't remember where I heard that though.

#6 10 years ago

Steve was definitely at the show. Published phone # is 718-417-5050. I hadn't heard about the business closing, but it is certainly possible.
    Harry Irvin

#7 10 years ago

Yep, it was on RGP. Webpage down, and email no longer working.

#8 10 years ago

Well. So much for the email I sent

#9 10 years ago

This is bad news... I bought a couple of really nicely refurbed original boards from them. If I remember correctly, Mayfair actually farmed the work out on the rebuilds. Wonder if that person will still be doing them?

#10 10 years ago

Please don't take this as a bash against Mayfair, but at Allentown my ToTAN died. Power driver board. Worked out nicely that Mayfair was there with boards. Bought one from him. Powered up machine...but after the show, closer inspection showed the board was really poorly refurbished to the point that normal board repair shops wouldn't even touch it.

But everything is all unofficial at this point...anyone call and talk to him, let us know!

#11 10 years ago

I was going to get a Black Knight back glass from him, this sucks now. Maybe parting it out now.

#12 10 years ago

[email protected]
    Try this email, Steve replied to me from it a couple weeks after Pinfest.

#13 10 years ago

I was just in contact with Steve and he said rest assured they aren't going anywhere.

There was a glitch or something that has affected their website. It's being worked on and will be back up online next week.

#14 10 years ago

Don't be so quick to shovel dirt over his coffin, try emailing him, I think he has quite a few thousand backglasses he might need to get rid of before he goes anywhere.

#15 10 years ago

I just got a email reply from him this AM, about a back glass. So he is still around.

#16 10 years ago

Same here!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I just got a email reply from him this AM, about a back glass. So he is still around.

Good to hear, he has the best selection of NOS BG's in the business. I've gotten several from them in the past and all were awesome.

1 week later
    #18 10 years ago

Well I may have spoke too soon, I mailed a money order almost two weeks ago and have even emailed him and have not heard a word from him. Now I am getting worried.

#19 10 years ago

Can someone post Steve's email? I am also looking for a couple of backglasses.

Thanks!

Lee

#20 10 years ago

I'd like to order a backglass as well.

Does anyone have Mayfair's contact info?

#21 10 years ago

His email address and phone # is in this thread. Still have not heard any thing from him, so I would not send any money to him. I am going to try and stop payment on the money order I sent him now over two weeks ago.

#22 10 years ago

that sucks...im looking for backglass and was expecting to order one from them...I hope the inventory turns up somewhere

#23 10 years ago

Anybody have any recent info on whats up?I think we all know that this was a pretty important resource for otherwise impossible to get backglasses.

#24 10 years ago

Any updates?

#25 10 years ago

I finally got a email back from him with the tracking #, and then the next day or two the glass showed up, and was packed well. So he is still around just very hard to get a hold of him now days.

#26 10 years ago

I just sent an email to him. Im on the hunt for a Firepower BG. Ill post if i hear anything.

#27 10 years ago

I got a reply this morning. The Firepower BG he has looks great! Arranging payment today.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

His email address and phone # is in this thread. Still have not heard any thing from him, so I would not send any money to him. I am going to try and stop payment on the money order I sent him now over two weeks ago.

Just saw your post. Some of us have bought many things from Steve over the years and know he would never rip us off.

#29 10 years ago

Im sending postal money order to Steve today. I have ZERO worries!

#30 10 years ago

I agree - I've known Steve for at least 15 years and he's top notch!

-Al-

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I just sent an email to him. Im on the hunt for a Firepower BG. Ill post if i hear anything.

I got a gorgeous FP reproduction that BW did in the late 90s from Mayfair. Really nice glass. Got that about 3 or 4 months back and he had a few then.

#32 10 years ago

The picture he sent looks great. Its a BW 90's repro. Good price and great communication from Steve!

#33 10 years ago

I got a gorgar backglass from them last year. It is absolutely beautiful. Buy with confidence.

2 weeks later
    #34 10 years ago

I'm new to this site & pins, got a hold of Steve for a backglass, but am worried about sending anyone a money order in advance especially with no web site and an @aol email address.

Any of you long-timers here & have done business (hopefully recently) with him vouch?

Thank you,
    Ted

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from kitcarted:

I'm new to this site & pins, got a hold of Steve for a backglass, but am worried about sending anyone a money order in advance especially with no web site and an @aol email address.
    Any of you long-timers here & have done business (hopefully recently) with him vouch?
    Thank you,
    Ted

Ted, if you read back through this very thread you'll see that lots of us have (recently even) done business with Mayfair with excellent results. I love the Firepower glass I got from him.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from kitcarted:

Thank you,
    Ted

I did get my glass from Steve, it just took some time for him to respond. All is good. I have dealt with him before with no problems, just a little slow now a days.

1 month later
    #37 10 years ago

Just received a stunning BG for my Firepower from Mayfair,fast shipping and great communication. Thanks again Steve!

1 week later
    #38 10 years ago

Anybody know if Mayfair are having issues with there web site or if its just me? No problems viewing it this morning but now the server can't be found.

#39 10 years ago

Not sure if Steve's having problems with the site, he's always been difficult to contact, however; I've ALWAYS gotten my orders, and they have ALWAYS been spectacular. Call his number???? It's in this thread.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Not sure if Steve's having problems with the site, he's always been difficult to contact, however; I've ALWAYS gotten my orders, and they have ALWAYS been spectacular. Call his number???? It's in this thread.

Thanks for that. I've sent an email so hopefully ill hear back soon.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/were-did-mayfair-amusements-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.