(Topic ID: 59358)

We're all looking for an new original theme pin, so what's your idea?

By JoeinNJ

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
greasy-bacon-590-1282238110.jpg
th-12.jpeg
9q7kmPM.jpg
th-1.jpeg
th-2.jpeg
P1010529.JPG
image.jpg
Spawn.jpg
dragon.jpg
image.jpg
lunker.jpg
lunker3.jpg
lunker-full.jpg
Lunker_(Baron_2012).png
2008-11-13-heavy_metal-533x777.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sly_old_devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Ghost train or Runaway Train!

More like train wreck, it'll be choo choo instead of ker ching I reckon, ghost theme might have a chance

Quoted from lowepg:

Ok, I exaggerated a bit.... but here's the last 3 years of THEME variety from Stern
Comic/Superhero: IronMan
Movie: Avatar
Movie: tron
Band: Stones
Movie: xformers
Band: ACDC
Comic/Superhero: Avengers
Comic/Superhero: Xmen
Band: Metallica
Not sure if those are in perfect order, but its pretty close- and that's 3 of the last 6 band themes... with the rest showing little to no theme creativity as well.

Why not combine them in a monster bash stylie for example DC heros glam rock destroyers or Marvels Metal Marauders Batman on triangle and Hulk with Maracas

A Manga/anime theme would have amazing art just leave pikachu at home.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Zombies time has come and gone, just like ninjas, space marines, and vampires. Next big thing is carrier pigeons. Mark my words, carrier pigeons.

That'll never fly ....although might have some legs er I mean wings....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361089/......but that would make it a movie tie-in

#128 10 years ago

Travel theme, visit capital cities around the world, London, Paris, Tokyo, Washington etc lots of toys potential with the landmarks, planes, trains and automobiles with travel times, lost passport mode and get to the airport on time etc. Jet lag multiball also avoid the pick pockets, visit the attractions and upset the locals special sub games/wizard modes.

Special excursion bonus video mode to the middle of nowhere where you have to haggle over a shitty rug in the local market which is actually a magic carpet that flys you to anywhere in the world (within the game) that you want to go

Score is currency with random/changing exchange rates that affect the overall score and you have to pay for trips, flights etc taking away currency earned, faster travel modes cost more but slower modes might mean more accommodation costs (extra night in hotel) etc.

Actually.....how do you patent game ideas and yes we could add a visit to the local topless beach for titysiders

#179 10 years ago

Agatha Christie......Murder on the Pinball express theme.....Poirot

Sherlock Holmes, Sweeny Todd, Jack the Flipper those sorts of themes have a slightly more older generation theme.

How about an Mount Olympus/Greek god type of theme, plenty of myths and legends to pick from as well.

This thread shows that there is a ton of stuff that would make a great change from the movie/music tie-ins, maybe Stern should make a one in three or four original decision in thier schedule, although one would be a start

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm working on Wrath of Olympus - a Greek themed pinball machine. Check out my thread and the very first flips from my prototype. Planning on having a flipping machine at the Chicago Expo this year.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=1lGnAfdBBec&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1lGnAfdBBec%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development#post-469715

Good work T-8hundy, artwork and pin itself look awesome, Greek Mythology eh I knew I was on to something there so much scope to work with. Good luck at the expo if you get there, bit too far for me to pop over and try a few games unfortunately.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

A special ops pin would be pretty cool!!!
Just imagine every mode being a mission.

It would have to take your 6k, play through all the wizard modes then refund your 6k right under your nose without you knowing it had happened, otherwise it would not be a special ops pin it would just be an ops pin

Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I never knew I had one once Only clue was the bacon rashers in my fridge had been liberated.......

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I call it Bartender.
Think of all the great shots.
Shaker Motor for the Martini Mode Multiball

I want one, shaken not stirred of course

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sly_old_devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/were-all-looking-for-an-new-original-theme-pin-so-whats-your-idea?tu=sly_old_devil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.