Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    71SbQD0G87L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    71LEd+tWfUL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    61y63e9eI+L (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

If you like working under the playfield with the power on, you need an insulated screwdriver set.

These Wera drivers are made in Germany, won't roll off the glass, and have laser etched tips to bite down on stuck screws.

Amazon Deal of the Day:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085NTQJK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

61y63e9eI+L (resized).jpg61y63e9eI+L (resized).jpg

71LEd+tWfUL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71LEd+tWfUL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Damn. That's a solid deal. Thanks for posting. WERA makes great tools. I put off replacing some I ruined. This is great.

#3 6 years ago

nice deal. horrible lead time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

nice deal. horrible lead time.

I'd hope that for a Deal of the Day they will be able to do a little better, lol

#5 6 years ago

haha yeah i just saw that too when i tried to check out

#6 6 years ago

vid1900 I can always count on you to help me find ways to spend money! Thanks for the heads up!

#7 6 years ago

Also DoD:

Wera Joker Set Imperial Combination Wrench-Set $128 (still in stock for 2 day delivery)

==========

If you are still using regular combination wrenches, these are probably the best in the world.

Watch this video if you need to know why these things are worth the normal $260 price.

Guy pronounces Wera wrong (it's pronounced **Vera**) but otherwise a great video.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CS2KHBU/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_dlpa4ce6_cdl_1

71SbQD0G87L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71SbQD0G87L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Those joker wrenches are BA, I want a set but I just haven't felt like ponying up the cash just yet. Maybe now is my chance

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you like working under the playfield with the power on, you need an insulated screwdriver set.
    These Wera drivers are made in Germany, won't roll off the glass, and have laser etched tips to bite down on stuck screws.
    Amazon Deal of the Day:
    amazon.com link »

And the tips are presumably made of solid metal that won't degrade like the usual cheap stuff from you-know-where.

Ordered those bitches.

#10 6 years ago

On a related note, there is another German company called Wiha. I had a chance on a job to use some of their Allen (or hex) wrenches like these. This was like night and day compared to the usual cheapo ones I use. Hardened steel for the win. I'm going to get me some of these one day. I am gradually spending money here and there to get good tools, especially anything that comes from Germany. The day will come when that source won't be available any more and the only choice will be the China stuff.

These tools are pricey to be sure, but they can make your work go so much better. The only drawback is that it would be a pain to lose any. That is one advantage to the cheap stuff. Lose one? Go to Harbor Freight, get a new set for cheap, and get a free tarp. All those are in my "sure you can borrow my tools" pile. These other ones...not for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-66992-MagicRing-L-Key-Holders/dp/B000LF2LJM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims

#11 6 years ago

Wiha makes great tools.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

All those are in my "sure you can borrow my tools" pile. These other ones...not for you.

Long ago I sprayed all my travel tools hot Barbie pink.

Guy: Hey, can I borrow a Dead Blow Hammer? I'm right over there, I'll bring it right back!
    Vid: Here you go (handing him a completely Hot Pink hammer)
    Guy: Dude! Why???
    Vid: I'm gay.
    Guy: Uhhhh....thanks anyway....

Works every time.

#12 6 years ago

I ordered this same set the last time Amazon had it as a deal of the day. They are really nice and high quality. The only thing is I wish it had more than 2 phillips head screwdrivers, as I rarely use flathead.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

. The only thing is I wish it had more than 2 phillips head screwdrivers, as I rarely use flathead.

You need more Gottliebs....

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago

Just got mine. They look great, although haven't used them yet. They come in the most absurdly nice quality box you will ever see for a pile of screwdrivers. Also, I wonder why the holder has slots for 7 screwdrivers when there are 6 in the set?

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Also, I wonder why the holder has slots for 7 screwdrivers when there are 6 in the set?

That's so you can put a big junker screwdriver front and center for your wife to pry open paint cans with.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Wiha makes great tools.

Long ago I sprayed all my travel tools hot Barbie pink.
    Guy: Hey, can I borrow a Dead Blow Hammer? I'm right over there, I'll bring it right back!
    Vid: Here you go (handing him a completely Hot Pink hammer)
    Guy: Dude! Why???
    Vid: I'm gay.
    Guy: Uhhhh....thanks anyway....
    Works every time.

Haha I just now caught this thread...this had me cracking up! I kinda dig overly bright colors...always fun. Thanks for the cheap laugh.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's so you can put a big junker screwdriver front and center for your wife to pry open paint cans with.

All joking aside, I just figured out what would really be nice would be another phillips, you've got 4 flats and just 2 phillips.

Phillips are shown here:

http://products.wera.de/en/screwdrivers_kraftform_plus__series_100_vde_162_i_ph_vde.html

Probably the most convenient would be to get a smaller one. It comes with the 2 size and the 1 size, so to fill it out you would want to 0 size, that is part number 05006150001

Here it is on Amazon, the damn thing is $12 that's almost half what the whole set cost!

https://www.amazon.com/Wera-05006150001-Screwdriver-Phillips-insulated/dp/B0001P17H4/ref=sr_1_1

But this company has it for a more reasonable $6.40, although out of stock right now. Maybe I'll get one from them when they get stock.

https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-006150-ph-0-x-80mm-vde-insulated-phillips-screwdriver/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsqjKBRDtwOSjs6GTgmASJACRbI3fXztPvjl5jRYFQ_FaydrcWeqyCfYR_147Ic15MrP1sBoCLyrw_wcB

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

On a related note, there is another German company called Wiha. I had a chance on a job to use some of their Allen (or hex) wrenches like these. This was like night and day compared to the usual cheapo ones I use. Hardened steel for the win. I'm going to get me some of these one day. I am gradually spending money here and there to get good tools, especially anything that comes from Germany. The day will come when that source won't be available any more and the only choice will be the China stuff.
    These tools are pricey to be sure, but they can make your work go so much better. The only drawback is that it would be a pain to lose any. That is one advantage to the cheap stuff. Lose one? Go to Harbor Freight, get a new set for cheap, and get a free tarp. All those are in my "sure you can borrow my tools" pile. These other ones...not for you.
    amazon.com link »

I have two sets of these (work tool allowance) and I love them. They really hold up well. Use them every day at work for a few years now and they still look like new. No twisted ends with these. You can also get single replacement ones at their website if you lose em.

#19 6 years ago

I have the Wera stainless steel screwdriver set - simply incredible. I use it for work and at home.

Wera, Wiha, Knipex, NWS, Stahlwille, etc. Awesome tools. Once you're in with tools from these companies, it's difficult to go back to buying other brands. They're that good. Lots of online retailers with specials and sales all the time - in the end, if you keep an eye open for deals and such, you can get these higher quality tools for not much more than buying something similar from HD/Lowes/Sears/Ace. They'll last a lot longer too.

Side note - a lot of the tools, like Wera screwdrivers, aren't necessarily made in Germany. I think my stainless steel screwdriver set was made in Hungary and in the Czech Republic. Still top notch.

#20 6 years ago

saw this 12 days too late

#21 6 years ago

any recommendations for a nut driver set?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

any recommendations for a nut driver set?

Klein magnetic with 6" shaft are great!

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-647M-Magnetic-Driver/dp/B000MKIUYQ

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

amazon.com link »

Agreed!

#24 6 years ago

I carried this knipex around as a grainger rep in y2k.

Looks pretty good for a barely used older tool.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#25 6 years ago

My point was these tools are bad ass, some of them. They will last you the rest of your life. Possibly. If you pick the right one. I can't wait to get a workshop. Near future...

#26 6 years ago

I probably sold about 20 extra in y2k by carrying it around.

I finished 1st place that year in the la district at grainger. Not saying much. The devastation of 9-11. I guess it is saying much. I had to be inventive to snag sales.

I would get a good tool like this. It was newer then. Carry it around. Some of my accounts I would bring four and give them away to the guys, and girls. Next thing you know People are getting excited when the grainger guy comes.

Tools are awesome.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

amazon.com link »

I've looked at those before, but some of the reviews of the magnets shattering has me concerned spending that much money on them. Don't mind paying good money for a good tool, but I expect it to last....

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I've looked at those before, but some of the reviews of the magnets shattering has me concerned spending that much money on them. Don't mind paying good money for a good tool, but I expect it to last....

Klien has lifetime warranty on everything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wera-insulated-professional-screwdriver-set-28-dod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.