7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Played almost every pin over 3 day stay. The first time I ever played Iron Man I got the #1 score and found the game boring. Part of this might have to do with the 5 ball game with outlanes set to super easy. Put about 5 games on Transformers LE and was not impressed. Partly due to theme and cluttered feel. Played a lot of TOTAN and its good, but not as good as I remembered thinking it was. Played a lot of AFM for the first time since it came out brand new to my bowling alley years back. I remembered it as a fun pin, but it is much more than that. I love this game now and it just jumped TAF as my 3rd favorite pin behind TZ and MM. I liken AFM-RFM to Spyhunter-Spyhunter II. Great game followed up by a turd. But I digress. Surprisingly, I generally had more fun playing all the em's over the SS pins. Love those card themed em's with drop targets that award higher points for better hands. Also like the bells and chimes and scoring reels.

#2 7 years ago

I as well didn't like Iron Man. I really liked the music,lighting,and sound effects though. Did they have a BBH?

#3 7 years ago

Aah, good to hear someone had more fun with the EMs. DMDs are fun and all, but I've always found EMs more challenging.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I as well didn't like Iron Man. I really liked the music,lighting,and sound effects though. Did they have a BBH?

Yes they do

#5 7 years ago

All the games there set on 5 ball??? Hoping that all the DMDs are 3 ball.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

DMDs are fun and all, but I've always found EMs more challenging.

They definitely are.

Quoted from RGR:

All the games there set on 5 ball??? Hoping that all the DMDs are 3 ball.

Most are three ball , all em's ans early SS games (bigger difficulty, no ball save, etc) are five ball.
    The only dmd games that are five ball are the new stern releases, and some classic rarities like CC, MM, and MB. Or basically the games that everyone is going to want to finally play on location as they usually only reside in personal collections nowadays. Probably easier said as 1996-Present DMD's are set to 5-ball play.

#7 7 years ago

I'm sure that they moved IM to 5 balls because it would be frustrating for the average player because of quick game times. Maybe they overcompensated too much by closing the out lanes. Too bad you did not like it, it is one of the newer Sterns that I do like.

Agree with you on the EM games they have. Pop(Drop)-A-Card brings back fond memories of a game I pumped quarters into as a kid. Loved playing it there last year.

#8 7 years ago

Hmmm, the NGCOA (national golf course owners, sorry) conference is in Las Vegas this year. How late is the PHOF open?

I was going to send my wife this year but maybe I have a BIG reason to go instead!

#9 7 years ago

Finally stopped in to the PHOF today after a long dry spell to check out Transformers LE. I was fairly impressed! I really liked the Ironhide mini-playfield a lot more than I thought I would. Sound package is awesome and the gameplay is fast and brutal. I really liked the finish on the lockdown bar and rails too.

Also checked out AFM for the first time. Never understood the appeal of AFM in the past, but that was based on just looking at the playfield. I finally played it today and now realize why so many rate AFM so high--what a great pin! Lots of cool modes, video graphics, etc. Loads of fun...

#10 7 years ago

PHOF is open 11am-11pm sun-thurs, 11am-midnight fri,sat. Quite a few of the em's are set to 3 ball. On Rolling Stones, they replaced the Mick Jagger moving target with a Butthead Figure(or was it Beavis). The one thing I liked on Transformers was the Ironhide mini-playfield. It is innovative. There was a fair amout of people in there including some decent looking women. They need to invest in a big professional looking sign though. The building is plain looking with just a cheap looking banner. You could easily miss it if you weren't looking for it.

#11 7 years ago

As far as signs, they finally added a yellow and black plywood sign that sits next to the road in front of the building. Still not much, but I suppose it is easier to see than the banner on the wall. As for Rolling Stones, Mick is now Butthead but they also added a Beavis to one of the other band members even though that plastic isn't broken. Pretty funny actually...

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

PHOF is open 11am-11pm sun-thurs, 11am-midnight fri,sat

Thanks!

Quoted from vicjw66:

There was a fair amout of people in there including some decent looking women

Another reason to leave my wife at home???

Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

now realize why so many rate AFM so high--what a great pin

Indeed. It is amazing.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

As far as signs, they finally added a yellow and black plywood sign that sits next to the road in front of the building. Still not much, but I suppose it is easier to see than the banner on the wall. As for Rolling Stones, Mick is now Butthead but they also added a Beavis to one of the other band members even though that plastic isn't broken. Pretty funny actually...

can someone get some video of the rolling stones with the bevis and butthead mods and post them?i would love to see that.

#14 7 years ago

great holiday place cheaper then slots. I go there if I haven't played a pin just to get used to it before buying one for myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside