image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Great place to go if you are in the VA, NC area or heading down to Nags Head or Kitty Hawk for vacation. It has been mentioned here before many times but just wanted to update for people who do not know what a great place it is to stop and play some pinball. Flippers is located in Manteo NC.
They have about 50-60 pinballs and many other arcade machine for play. All pinballs are just .50 to play. all are in very good to new condition. Most have many mods and even color DMD's. All of the "Big Boy" machines are here...MM,CV, LOTR, WOZ, CC, Tron, BBB, SS, ST, MET etc.... the Sterns are mostly LE's. I played Star Trek and Metallica for the first time. Very nice and helpful staff. No one was there when we got there and they turned on all of the machines so my 2 1/2 son could see and play. Great place to put some time on a machine that you have not seen or played yet. They have a very nice Big Bang Bar (no. 9) there. How many other places would set up a $20,000 game on location? I have been there a couple of times now and will stop there every time I am down there to support them. They have something there for the entire family. (games, food, gas, shopping etc..)

100_2356.jpg100_2356.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Best pinball place on earth as far as I'm concerned! Loved playing BBB and Cactus Canyon, plus every Stern LE ever created.

#3 10 years ago

more pics

100_2355.jpg100_2355.jpg 100_2357.jpg100_2357.jpg
#4 10 years ago

pics

100_2358.jpg100_2358.jpg 100_2359.jpg100_2359.jpg
#5 10 years ago

some more

100_2360.jpg100_2360.jpg 100_2361.jpg100_2361.jpg
#6 10 years ago

I've still never been

I'ts.... it's just so beautiful... *cries*

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Best pinball place on earth as far as I'm concerned! Loved playing BBB and Cactus Canyon, plus every Stern LE ever created.

I agree. I know there are other places around the US but this is the closest to me and one that I have been to. You can see how much money and time that has been invested in this collection. When you see the front of the "gas station" you can not tell how much room there is, but when you walk in it is like you are a kid in a candy store. It is very deceiving.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I've still never been
I'ts.... it's just so beautiful... *cries*

Do yourself a favor this spring or summer and go. You are only a few hours away. The machines take tokens. If you have any young ones, there are plenty of redemption machines there also so they can "win" something. they even have a Flintstones machine available for play with shorter legs for the little ones.

#9 10 years ago

Flippers is great. Heading down in a couple of weeks myself. Did they have a Mustang?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Flippers is great. Heading down in a couple of weeks myself. Did they have a Mustang?

was hoping to see it but no, they did not have Mustang but it might be there when you go down.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

As Mrs. Slocombe of (Are You Being Served) would say: "I am unanimous in that."

And some of the nicest people who own and operate the place. Well-run, well-maintained, customer and family friendly. Incredible (commercial) collection under one roof.

Yes, they had a Mustang too the last time I was there.

#12 10 years ago

Wow this place looks amazing. I saw info about it on line and plan to make a trip over there sometime this summer! Thanks for the review, I had no idea they had so many rare machines.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

As Mrs. Slocombe of (Are You Being Served) would say: "I am unanimous in that."
And some of the nicest people who own and operate the place. Well-run, well-maintained, customer and family friendly. Incredible (commercial) collection under one roof.
Yes, they had a Mustang too the last time I was there.

Never saw the Mustang but they had every other Stern it seemed.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Never saw the Mustang but they had every other Stern it seemed.

Maybe it was a wild Mustang that was running free when you were there?
Fantastic lineup of machines! I did notice in your pics that the AFM had some bad cabinet fade on its side.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe it was a wild Mustang that was running free when you were there?
Fantastic lineup of machines! I did notice in your pics that the AFM had some bad cabinet fade on its side.

AFM & IJ had fade but played fine. AFM had LEDs throughout and even had a color DMD.

#16 10 years ago

Out of all these amazing machines for the public to play, at 50 cents a game no less, are you guys seriously complaining about some fade on the side art of AFM?

#17 10 years ago

Flippers is amazing! Went on vacation to the Outer Banks last summer and we went there to play. Excellent game spread and amazing prices. One of the best arcades out there. If you do plan on going while on vacation with your family, make sure they have something else to do, because you will easily be there for half a day hahaha

#18 10 years ago

Heading down this summer. Can't wait!!

1 year later
#19 8 years ago

Had a blast at Flippers yesterday. Newer Sterns are always in better shape than B/W stuff, but it's such an awesome place.

Hercules and Big Bang Bar were a couple favorites.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_7.jpgimage_7.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#20 8 years ago

Yeah that place is kick ass!!! Never a line and barely ever anyone in there.

#21 8 years ago

we go there every year on the way to nags head. Love that place. I even sneak away from the beach a day or too without the kids to play for a few hours!

Saw my first metallica there and it's the reason I have a pro of my own!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/went-to-flippers-yesterday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.