(Topic ID: 117883)

Went for it (mylar removal Gottlieb Waterworld)

By Kawasakiltd

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-67.jpg
image-739.jpg
image-356.jpg
image-266.jpg
image-746.jpg
P1120322.JPG
20150204_145341.jpg
20150204_144959.jpg
P1120321.JPG
P1120320.JPG
P1120319.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawasakiltd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Well it turn out very good nothing came up. I used the freeze method and it went well. To take the glue off I put a layer of paper towel down and ronsonol lighter fluid and let it sit on there for 10 mins. Glue came right off with ease very surprised at that. Now to tear it down and wait for my parts and leds to come in.

P1120319.JPGP1120319.JPGP1120320.JPGP1120320.JPGP1120321.JPGP1120321.JPG

#3 9 years ago

Rock do you make under cad kits for gottliebs? How do they look in the flashers are they pretty bright?

#4 9 years ago

All the glue is off looks pretty good.
P1120322.JPGP1120322.JPG

#10 9 years ago

I did not plan on clear coating.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two thick coats of wax and sink the deez.

So I should be good with out clear coating the playfield if I keep her waxed?

#24 9 years ago

I am going to ad lights as well. I am going to put 3 behind the wave ramp it self. Also on the side by the plastic return ramp. I have ordered all the leds for it I am going with blue and maybe some white we will see. Yours looks great. I am also talking with rock about an undercab lighting kit. Hopefully it is not to expensive. With taking the mylar off the playfield is really nice on this game. Thought about maybe having Kruzman touch it up and clear it but not sure yet on that. I don't want to sink the deez with all my money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kawasakiltd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/went-for-it-mylar-removal-gottlieb-waterworld?tu=Kawasakiltd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.