8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cyclone5.JPG
    cyclone4.JPG
    cyclone3.JPG
    cyclone2.JPG
    cyclone1.JPG
    DSC03216.JPG
    DSC03217.JPG
    DSC03215.JPG

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Bravo Mike!

#52 8 years ago

I am impressed at how fast your sttng sold in a time of need. Thats a blessing in and of itself!

#53 8 years ago

Unbelievable, this site is great, PinMike thats very generous of you!

#54 8 years ago

Yeah Matt. The deal is made. Looks like it will be gone this weekend

#55 8 years ago

Johnny, I wish you all the best and pray for you and your family. I too am speechless about PinMike's generous offer. Mike, I look forward to meeting you. Even more now. Please contact me about getting the JD over to you. Thanks.

#56 8 years ago

Amazing... Still some good in the world after all.
    Best wishes to you and your family Johnny.

PinMike you're the best...

#57 8 years ago

God Bless your family and give you money soon for another Nice Pin!

#58 8 years ago

Best wishes to you and your family Johnny.

Mike, Very stand up and generous move!

#59 8 years ago

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT FOR JOHNNY!!

Johnny came by this morning and picked up Cyclone and it was a pleasure meeting him
    and he is a GREAT GUY!! Its always nice when members meet up and get to know each other
    and talk about pinball,family and other things.I wish you and the family the best of luck John
    and I hope you and the kids have a BLAST!! with Cyclone!!.God Bless You All. :-)Thanks,Mike

#60 8 years ago

pinside and pinmike are awesome. great sense of community here on pinside, huge act of generosity! glad to hear it all went without a hitch.

#61 8 years ago

Wow, fantastic to read this thread. Proud to be a Pinsider

#64 8 years ago

I am surprised the price complainers haven't come out to talk about how Mike over charged him. After all, he could have paid him to take it. (I know, I am out of line here. Please note I have already passed much sympathy to Johnny, and much respect to Mike. I just had to let the little sarcastic Gorilla out for a second!)

In all seriousness, I have never witnessed such perfect, genuine generosity. Again, thanks for the Pinside feel bad (johnny)/good story of the year!!!!

I can't wait to meet both of you someday.

EDIT: and to Mike...I know you were thinking about this pin as a contest prize, right? You could not have done anything better with it! I still vote for getting Robin over here.....

#65 8 years ago

Getting Robin over where?

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Wow, fantastic to read this thread. Proud to be a Pinsider

+1

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Getting Robin over where?

Miss that thread, did you??? I would like to start a contest/fund to see if we could pay to have you visit the Pinside/Pinball/Golf/Poker party next October @ Toad Valley.

Interested?

The round trip price from AMS to Des Moines is only $500...+ another $400! in taxes and fees. Still, if we could get a fund going, spend less than a grand..would you be interested?

#68 8 years ago

Congrats on your new Cyclone Johnny. It's a classic.

Bravo Mike... you are a legend. From tuning up an TZ on your own dime for one pinsider... to flat out giving away a pretty sweet machine to another. Pinmike for Pres 2012!

#69 8 years ago

Mike is one HELL of a guy. It was great meeting him and his family. Mike is as genuine as someone gets. It's rare in life someone meets someone as caring and compassionate as he is.

I look forward to paying this forward as soon as I am able. Can't wait to get this thing home and see the look on my boys' faces.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you, your kids are cute, and you have a beautiful wife. This is a blessed man with a heart of gold. Can't wait to see you again here in 4-5 weeks.

Then it's time for some TZ!!

Will post pics at some point this evening. Thanks Mike, and everyone on Pinside. One hell of a community, and I am proud to be a part of it.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Miss that thread, did you??? I would like to start a contest/fund to see if we could pay to have you visit the Pinside/Pinball/Golf/Poker party next October @ Toad Valley.

For real? Wow, thanks for even thinking about organizing such a thing! I'd love to meet some Pinsiders stateside, that would be awesome! But.. October is not gonna be do-able for me this year due to various personal reasons. We should definitely have some kind of Pinsiders meet-up in the future and I'll happily make the trip to the US of A to attend! But not this year

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

. October is not gonna be do-able for me this year

FYI, I am talking 2012...

#72 8 years ago

I can offer Robin a Southwest airlines buddy pass once he gets stateside if that makes it a little cheaper to fly into like BWI for instance. Actually just read where Toad Valley is so as of yet don't think we serve Iowa.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

FYI, I am talking 2012...

Ah, well that could work! Thanks again for even considering inviting me to come over!

Quoted from Johnny:

Thanks Mike, and everyone on Pinside. One hell of a community, and I am proud to be a part of it.

Mike you are the best! Hmm, maybe Mike should get a special title?

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

maybe Mike should get a special title?

Pinball Angel of Mercy?

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Actually just read where Toad Valley is so as of yet don't think we serve Iowa.

Sure wish you did! We could fly him in to the nearest city that has someone driving over from...MDW comes to mind. Waldo, I think I mentioned it before but I worked @ Chicago (and washington) Center for 20 years...

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

Will post pics at some point this evening.

I can't wait to see it set up!

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Mike you are the best! Hmm, maybe Mike should get a special title? []

Heavenly Hitman?

#78 8 years ago

Glad to hear it all worked out. Pretty nice of you to help out a pinhead in need!!

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The one and only Pinside Hero!

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Pinmike for Pres 2012!

Thanks Rascal If i was President I'd build the biggest gameroom for all the Awesome Pinside Members

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinball Angel of Mercy?

Does that come with Angel wings LOL!!!!

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Heavenly Hitman?

This one sounds good i promise i will be really nice to your Pin.LOL!!!!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The round trip price from AMS to Des Moines is only $500...+ another $400! in taxes and fees. Still, if we could get a fund going, spend less than a grand..would you be interested?

If Robin ever wants to come to the States that ticket is on me.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

pinside and pinmike are awesome. great sense of community here on pinside, huge act of generosity! glad to hear it all went without a hitch.

Thanks Jespo

Quoted from robin:

Thank You Robin.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Glad to hear it all worked out. Pretty nice of you to help out a pinhead in need!!

Thanks Dude.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The one and only Pinside Hero!

Thanks Jarjar.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

Mike is one HELL of a guy. It was great meeting him and his family. Mike is as genuine as someone gets. It's rare in life someone meets someone as caring and compassionate as he is.

I look forward to paying this forward as soon as I am able. Can't wait to get this thing home and see the look on my boys' faces.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you, your kids are cute, and you have a beautiful wife. This is a blessed man with a heart of gold. Can't wait to see you again here in 4-5 weeks.

Then it's time for some TZ!!

Will post pics at some point this evening. Thanks Mike, and everyone on Pinside. One hell of a community, and I am proud to be a part of it.

Thanks Johnny!! I hope you made it home Okay

#84 8 years ago

Amsterdam is a very cool town ........ maybe we should all go there ?
    just leave the GFs and wives home

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Amsterdam is a very cool town ........ maybe we should all go there ?

Why not all come over visit the Koog gameroom in Alkmaar and we'll do an "all weekender" - No need for hotels, just sleep on the gameroom floor (bring mattress and sleeping bag). I've done it before and there nothing like waking up under a pinball machine that someone decided to start playing in the morning.

There are 25 machines so enough to play.

All drinks are on me!

Quoted from pinmike:

If Robin ever wants to come to the States that ticket is on me.

For real? Always wanted to visit expo some day - Maybe I should do a pinball tour d'America

#86 8 years ago

Just read this thread... Pinmike is a true knight for helping Johnny like that, and I'm very pleased it all worked out...

Quoted from Johnny:

Can't wait to get this thing home and see the look on my boys' faces.

This line brought a lump to my throat, and I hope your boys get a big kick out of what could possibly be the best Cyclone around!!

My vote is 'pinball knight' as Pinmakes special title

#87 8 years ago

Pinmike
    Pinball knight

I like that

#88 8 years ago

While this tread was going i was more interested in my own little U20 chip.. shame on me
    Pinmike, you are a true hero.

#89 8 years ago

Robin, I nominate "St. Pinball" as Pinmike's title. He deserves it!

Got home late from work last night....lots of driving

Kids were already sacked out. Will be posting pics, and if I can figure out how to upload a Youtube vid, will post that as well

#90 8 years ago

Im in for an Amsterdam trip! Love that town

#91 8 years ago

That was really cool Pinmike! Johnny, I hope things work out for the best for you and your family. Pinside is a great site...!

#92 8 years ago

I hope your kid's medical stuff goes as well as your pinball stuff.

Hats off to Pinmike.

#93 8 years ago

Props to Mike for the generousity. I can't imagine giving up a machine like that. Guy has a huge heart.

Also props to Johnny. Somewhere in this thread he posted "can't wait to see the look in my kids face" when they see the new pinball. That speaks volumes in itself.

Great people. Great site. I can't tell you how many times i've asked for help and mere strangers on here offer it. Or that I get a PM out of the blue about something. Truly a great site.

#94 8 years ago

A few pics. Thanks again Mike!!!
    cyclone1.JPG cyclone2.JPG cyclone3.JPG

#95 8 years ago

Couple more

cyclone4.JPG cyclone5.JPG

#97 8 years ago

AWESOME!!!!! HURRY,HURRY,STEP RIGHT UP...WE HAVE A WINNAAAA!!!!!
    Those pics really made my day and ENJOY!!!!!
    Thanks John and your more than welcome..Thanks,Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 135.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Star Wars Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside