(Topic ID: 328083)

Welp, looks like I fubared my Twilight Zone! DAAAAARRRRRR!

By Doug_Quaid

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Your reset problems will probably reappear, unless you either replace the driver board, or do the Bridge Rectifier tweaks. Get a Rotten Dog driver board and never worry about flaky voltage again!

#9 1 year ago

It takes quite a bit of effort to fubar a WPC machine!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I couldn't disagree more. The 5v supply path on the driver board is relatively simple and inexpensive to update. If you have a clean power driver board why wouldn't you have it professionally repaired for a fraction of the cost of a new driver board? Further, many prospective buyers would rather have an original board vs a rottendog.
I *just* fixed a double flipper reset issue on my TZ. I reflowed the solder on the relevant headers, the 5v voltage regulator, the caps and I swapped out C4. Seems to have done the trick and it cost pennies to do.
If it the issue returns I will just go ahead and rebuild the 5v path which will cost dozens of quarters and minutes of my time.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with. I listed 2 solutions, that a relative newbie, could go down to have a problem free experience going forward. He could very easily just keep the original board, if he chose to replace, and send it along with a future sale. Alternately the BR tweaks I mentioned, are exactly what you are making note of, and are easy to do by OP himself or any of a number of experienced Pinsiders. If you look at the time OP has been a member, and the reaction he had to just not getting connectors replugged correctly, intimating that my suggestions are way off base is frankly way off base!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welp-looks-like-i-fubared-my-twilight-zone-daaaaarrrrrr?tu=elcolonel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.