Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

563448_686957659904_667911278_n.jpg
Gal_Sleeping.png
Tzone.png
GalAndBK.jpg
#1 10 years ago

My daughter got absolutely crushed tonight, when I told her I sold BK. She tried to be a trooper, but the tears started flowing.

Funny thing is it's not her favorite machine, she loves Gorgar, TFTC and Cleopatra more but she has a connection with BK that I didn't even know about.

So she took it like a champ, wiped her tears and then proceeded to eat dinner, read and then sleep tonight under the Knight.

She said "All pins need a home where they are loved." I tried to be supportive and told her that the machine was just going to move on to another family where it would be loved. She didn't want to hear it.

As a parent I know you are supposed to expect some of the most random things throughout the journey, but to say this was unexpected was an understatement.

Now she's protesting with her brother under the machines watching "Special When Lit".

GalAndBK.jpgGalAndBK.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Aaawww that sucks for her. I had 4 other pins when I sold my BK and back then my son was 11 and cried as well. He thought it was the best pin in the collection and I had a TZ and a TS at the time!
Great pic though!

#3 10 years ago

My daughter still gives me a hard time for selling my TZ five years ago. I had no idea she liked it that much...

#4 10 years ago

That's okay. Many years from now. Long after this has passed.

She'll get to pick out your retirement home.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

Girls seem more attached to the machines than boys (2 boys, 3 girls here). They roll their eyes every time a new one arrives out of sympathy for their mother, but won't let any leave the house.

#6 10 years ago

She thinks that Steve Ritchie is going to talk to her when she goes to sleep saying

"You MUST keep the Black Knight again."

Kind of like Twilight Zone right...

Tzone.pngTzone.png

#7 10 years ago

My boys protest everytime I sell a machine. I always tell them something else will fill its place. So I just sold off some games and picked up a new one. And like every other time I bring a new one in they tell me it's a keeper for sure. I just say it's a keeper until it is time to sell it, but there will always be another one behind it. And the cycle continues.

#8 10 years ago

maybe she will buy one of her own one day

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And there probably won't be any pinball allowed there.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

maybe she will buy one of her own one day

She already bought her own Cleopatra machine. Saved her own money for it too

#11 10 years ago

Stubbornness at it's best. Plus the whole sock monkey thing is kinda cute Gal_Sleeping.pngGal_Sleeping.png

#12 10 years ago

When I picked up my NBAFB the sellers kid wasnt too pleased about it. Very awkward, he found out it was leaving when I was taking the back box down. Karma got me I think because while loading it I broke my windshield. FYI, backboxes do not fit in the front seat of a mazda 6. It was like a puzzle but I finally got it...

563448_686957659904_667911278_n.jpg563448_686957659904_667911278_n.jpg

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Stubbornness at it's best. Plus the whole sock monkey thing is kinda cute

That's awesome!

Quoted from LTG:

And this is hysterical.

#14 10 years ago

Get her BK2K to cheer her up!!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Get her BK2K to cheer her up!!

I have a nice one come pick it up

#16 10 years ago

Wish my kids were more into pins, but I think my daughter might do the same if I sell off Addams Family.

#17 10 years ago

What a charming gesture from your daughter. It's always good to see kids caring about things especially when it's something you also love.

When's it being picked up? Is she planning on living under there right up until that moment?

#18 10 years ago

Man, if my girls like these as much as yours, I'd buy them whatever they wanted and make sure none ever left.

As it is they probably sell them all on me for a handful of jawbreakers...

#19 10 years ago

Great post. My teenage son never plays BK but he says it can never leave, because he grew up with it (it was my first pin, and it came home a few months before he did). I still like playing it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Man, if my girls like these as much as yours, I'd buy them whatever they wanted and make sure none ever left.
As it is they probably sell them all on me for a handful of jawbreakers...

+1

It would be really hard not to renig on the deal if I saw my kid do this.

#21 10 years ago

I'm hoping the buyer of this machine sees this thread and renigs on the deal.
It's pulling this family apart!
Does your daughter have a protest chant yet?
Like "No way the BK must stay!"

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Does your daughter have a protest chant yet?
Like "No way the BK must stay!"

30 neighborhood kids marching around your front yard with signs screaming "Hell no Black Knight won't go" over and over, should make the news.

#23 10 years ago

My son doesn't like any machines leaving the house. I understand the dilemma.

#24 10 years ago

My daughter is the one person in the family who won't play the pins. You're a lucky man!

#25 10 years ago

Maybe you just have an activist in the making. She'll be chaining herself to redwoods in no time!

#26 10 years ago

Great pics Acampero. Thanks for sharing this w/ us.

Does she still play Cleo,
or does she just like being the proud owner of a 77 Gottlieb sys1 ss Cleopatra pinball machine?

#27 10 years ago

Funny how my kids really don't play them on their own (unless friends or over or I am playing and they join in), only one out of the four will spend any time tinkering on them with me YET if I mention selling such and such a machine they get very upset. We have this arcade machine they never play but if I mention selling it its like I am selling their inheritance...

#28 10 years ago

It's nice to see the younger generation show such interest in the hobby.

#29 10 years ago

My son cried when TAF left a couple of years ago. It was our first pin.

#30 10 years ago

LOL. My kids are doing this to me on every pin now. Loved my Fish Tales as soon as they found out it was being sold.

Their new thing is claiming a pin as their own when a new one pops in.

I have several pins right now that were never ment to be a permanent part of the collection that will be tough to get rid of "because they love it". LOL

#31 10 years ago

I'm struggling to get any of my family to play my pins. My wife occasionally will play Sorcerer. That's about it.

#32 10 years ago

Just tell her there are spiders down there....

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

LOL. My kids are doing this to me on every pin now. Loved my Fish Tales as soon as they found out it was being sold.
Their new thing is claiming a pin as their own when a new one pops in.
I have several pins right now that were never ment to be a permanent part of the collection that will be tough to get rid of "because they love it". LOL

EXACTLY my kids claim them as "theirs" and which ones they get when I pass on...they still haven't learned that my collection is always in flux...

#34 10 years ago

I had this slightly with my girlfriend. Space Jam was my first pin and whenever I mention I'm considering selling it to get something else in it's place she tells me I can't and it's her favourite. When she's staying at my place and working from home there it's the only pin she has turned on and played by herself when I'm at work though and she is a big Jordan fan.

#35 10 years ago

Don't know why, but when people try to transport pins in vehicles that are not vans or trucks it really irritates the s**t out of me. Is it really THAT hard to get things done the right way? Can I fit a pin in this hatchback or small sedan... the answer is "You don't deserve the time of day you foolish bafoon."

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Don't know why, but when people try to transport pins in vehicles that are not vans or trucks it really irritates the s**t out of me. Is it really THAT hard to get things done the right way? Can I fit a pin in this hatchback or small sedan... the answer is "You don't deserve the time of day you foolish bafoon."

Jeepers. Sorry people are trying to do the best they can with what they have.

#37 10 years ago

That's why I haven't sold any of mine. I'm too attached to them, and would probably cry too. Bless her heart.

Note to self: Even though I started this hobby only a year ago, already had vehicles which are not a van or truck, and cannot afford to go out and purchase said van/truck for transporting the occasional pinball machine, I should probably do so anyway as not to "irritate the s**t" out of someone. I guess since I did once try to unsuccessfully (by less than an inch clearance) load a pinball machine into a wagon that will easy haul a couch, 2 lounge chairs, countless Christmas trees, full sheets of plywood, etc, I am a "foolish bafoon." Geez.

#38 10 years ago

I gave my daughter one of my e-m type pinball machines as a present a couple years ago.
A CCM '75 Gold Record. She was happy to get her own pinball machine.
I'm pretty sure she probably just plays it when friends visit her to help entertain them.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jeepers. Sorry people are trying to do the best they can with what they have.

Absolutely. I have an Element and one pin fits easily, but when I found myself with an SI not sold and a BC I just bought, you bet I made a widebody and a system 11 fit. Still don't know how.

#40 10 years ago

I realize people do what they can to get along but how can one justify transporting and moving machines around if they do not have the right type of vehicle...

I see time and time again someone with a large collection of pins and no way to transport them or buy a new one and they post about cramming a pin in a car or worse. I don't understand why you wouldn't just sell off a game you don't play that often and buy a beat up ugly $800 van or truck off craigslist. Especially considering most pins these days cost many times more than a junky truck or van. There are many in my town that are listed for less than the cost of a broken pin.

Hell, you could RENT a local truck these days for less than $100 including insurance. I don't understand but I guess it makes sense to those that haul pins in SUVs and hatchbacks. It ends up hassling the person you are picking the game up from, most often because they usually end up helping find a solution. Something no one ever seems to consider.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Something no one ever seems to consider.

Probably because they aren't professional movers.

No matter how much money you have, or games. Not everybody knows everything.

Or has access to borrowing or renting the right equipment.

Not everybody have that many games coming or going that they need fancier equipment.

For me, on a commercial level. It was years before I got a lift gate. 2 wheeler later. Pinball cart way later. And now with less games coming and going, I get by with a van I have to pull the seats out of.

And right now I'd blow money on games before moving equipment.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And right now I'd blow money on games before moving equipment.

This^^^

#43 10 years ago

Yeah, let the poor bloke you're buying the game from worry about how to get it in your vehicle. This seems a dick move. I'm going to continue to try to move games with the right equipment to make everyone's pinball experience BETTER... more time to play games that way.

#44 10 years ago

Well in the blink of an eye, she will be buying her first house, and you can buy her a BK for a house warming present!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Does she still play Cleo,
or does she just like being the proud owner of a 77 Gottlieb sys1 ss Cleopatra pinball machine?

She loves Cleo but she tells me that it is really hard. You really have to get your shots in order to succeed at that game because it's so fast and those drop targets up the middle are death traps.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Well in the blink of an eye, she will be buying her first house, and you can buy her a BK for a house warming present!

Great idea fireman, but as a father, I'm hoping that that "blink" takes a LONG TIME.

Quoted from canea:

Maybe you just have an activist in the making. She'll be chaining herself to redwoods in no time!

She really is a stubborn one, like her mother, so I think you are on to something.

I am blessed by the gods that most of the family is really into pins. My wife loves having a couple of cocktails and playing, my daughter tries to play everyday. The only one who is not super into them is my son. He would rather play video games than pins, but that's why I have Neo Geo's and all the consoles a kid could dream of. Now that I think about it, I hope he grows up and when day looks back and says "My dad was soooo cool".

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Great idea fireman, but as a father, I'm hoping that that "blink" takes a LONG TIME.

It doesn't. Enjoy as much time with them as possible! It goes quick!

My 20 year daughter old is protesting my suggestion of selling my BK. I just mentioned to her that I was considering it and I too was very surprised by her reaction. I'm glad that my kids enjoy pinball. Now if I could just get the wife to play.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wellheres-a-first and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.