Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

We tried but censorship is the new norm

#2 3 years ago

It would be nice if 'they' updated the 'temporarily closed' one.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Do they really think we're not going to talk about this situation

#4 3 years ago

yes eh where can we post all those conspiracy theories lol

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Do they really think we're not going to talk about this situation

IDK, how do you make one thread completely disappear? That is some FBI / CIA stuff right there.

#6 3 years ago

I guess the gray heart will forever stay gray.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess the gray heart will forever stay gray.

Definitely

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Now we have a way to finally get Odin's thread locked down.

Oh, very true! Buttttt what ever would we have to discuss in there to close it?
    I'm looking for the definitive answer on that, really.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh, very true! Buttttt what ever would we have to discuss in there to close it?
    I'm looking for the definitive answer on that, really.

edited, LOL

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The virus?

stop, redact that statement. I hear them coming for you now!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

stop, redact that statement. I hear them coming for you now!

Done.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

We tried but censorship is the new norm

What happened? Is this about JJP or something else?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

What happened? Is this about JJP or something else?

I hear there is something going around the world that has killed or contributed to the death of over 171,000 people.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I hear there is something going around the world that has killed over 171,000 people.

Oh, That Thread is gone. I get it. Doh.

#16 3 years ago

Here in the states they who shall not be named are forcing the craziest restrictions on us right now. They want us to suffer as much as possible leading up to November. All previous hoaxes have failed. This is their last shot.

Edit: i personally think it will backfire.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Here in the states they who shall not be named are forcing the craziest restrictions on us right now. They want us to suffer as much as possible leading up the the election. All previous hoaxes have failed. This is their last shot.

IBTL

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I hear there is something going around the world that has killed or contributed to the death of over 171,000 people.

And we lost 60k-80k just here in the states from the 2018 flu season.

Don't get me wrong. All life is precious, but the numbers don't seem to line up with trampling on our rights and causing the 2nd great depression.

Multiple studies, most recent one from Stanford, show a 0.1% fatality rate here in the states and that's if you catch it. The rest have recovered and are now immune. I'm not looking forward to catching it, but it's an eventuality for most of us. Too late to stop the spread. The shut down is only slowing it. Impossible to keep the country shut down until there's a vaccine. Ready to get back to work. Block me if you can't handle this dose of common sense. I don't care anymore. I'm Tired of the censorship and tired of watching so many accept and embrace with no question the police state we're now living in. Especially here in CA.

#20 3 years ago

Here in the states they who shall not be named are forcing the craziest restrictions on us right now. They want us to suffer as much as possible leading up to November. All previous hoaxes have failed. This is their last shot.

Does the rest of the world vote in our election? Because they are shut down too. Do you see how that demonstrates your post is incredibly fucking stupid?

#21 3 years ago

SEASON....YEAR...not 6 weeks.

#22 3 years ago

Also, popcorn, in before lock, 10k by xmas, and goodbye in advance of the biased fascists kicking me out of the thread! Cheers!

#23 3 years ago

I am in before the lock down or should I say Lock out!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Does the rest of the world vote in our election?

Just Russia. But that's ok, they vote for our supreme leader. You know, the guy with absolute authority.

#25 3 years ago

I guess the mods got tired of ejecting and suspending so many, and i do not blame them.
    Just easier to shut it down completely like they attempted before by centralizing the issue to a single topic.
    I had stepped out of the previous topic thread long ago,
    but due to its absence, I have stepped back into the doodoo.
    But this thing (topic) is truly a virus and will continue to pop up all over the place.
    Kinda like Hydra, lop one head off and 3 more take its place.

#26 3 years ago

Where will the further information be posted? When can we expect it? Or were they just lying?

#27 3 years ago

The rest have recovered and are now immune

NOPE

#28 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong. All life is precious, but the numbers don't seem to line up with what trampling on our rights and causing the 2nd great depression.
    Multiple studies, most recent one from Stanford, show a 0.1% fatality rate here in the states and that's if you catch it. The rest have recovered and are now immune. I'm not looking forward to catching it, but it's an eventuality for most of us. Too late to stop the spread. The shut down is only slowing it. Impossible to keep the country shut down until there's a vaccine. Ready to get back to work. Block me if you can't handle this dose of common sense. I don't care anymore.

The truth is....I can find a study to skew any opinion one way or the other.

#29 3 years ago

Too late to stop the spread. The shut down is only slowing it.

Exactly as intended...for the 10,000th time: if everyone gets it at once, the healthcare system will collapse. How can you be so wrong after this amount of time?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I guess the mods got tired of ejecting and suspending so many, and i do not blame them.

If they were getting tired of temp banning the same people they should have done permanent thread eject. If that was the reason (and I partly suspect so) they sort of brought that stress on themselves.

As I mentioned in another thread here, I belong to several other newsgroups of other hobbies and they have multiple threads, actually, a whole section to said topic, and people behave themselves and abide by rules or face getting modded.

It smells like a fish.....

#31 3 years ago

I'm sure the "temporarily closed" thread was more work for the unpaid volunteer moderators than all other threads combined.

How about we cut them some slack?

#32 3 years ago

The shut down is only slowing it

Exactly, without the lockdown the toll would be 3-4 times as bad.
    Keep it slightly at bay until we can get reinforcements.

#33 3 years ago

The failure of “that” thread was “they” stopped enforcing their own zero tolerance policy. They gave an inch and people took a foot...shocking! If the zero tolerance policy would have been strictly enforced, that very important thread that did provide a lot of very valuable information would still be open.

#grayheart

#34 3 years ago

Wickerman2

Would love your interpretation of this:

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well, that post has been updated (mentioning temp close)......actually it appears to have been deleted.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Well, that post has been updated (mentioning temp close)......actually it appears to have been deleted.

WTF is up with these disappearing things?

You're correct that post is now gone.

#37 3 years ago

I'm glad that I live in a state that our Governor is taking a very measured, proactive approach to things. Loved that Hogan got 500,000 kits from South Korea and is not letting the administration roll over him. I wish all states would be this measured.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I'm sure the "temporarily closed" thread was more work for the unpaid volunteer moderators than all other threads combined.

How about we cut them some slack?

Thanks! You hit the nail on the head. The COVID thread was so active that it was becoming nearly impossible for the mod team to keep up with it. And because of the nature of the thread, people were constantly violating the posting rules. You can't even imagine how many abuse reports and emails we've been getting. It's like ten times what we normally have to deal with.

Robin is currently working on some changes that will make it easier for the mods to police the thread. When he is done coding these changes, the thread will be reopened. In the meantime, I am closing this thread and ask all of you to refrain from opening additional COVID threads. We appreciate your patience, and apologize for any confusion this whole situation has caused.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-we-gave-it-a-shot?hl=stuliss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.