Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Well Played Arcade Virtual Pinball Machine $499. Zaccaria 27 game Collection”

• I'm interested 8 votes
      47%
    • Hello no!!!!! 6 votes
      35%
    • I might get it for the kids but I won't tell anyone on Pinside. 3 votes
      18%

(17 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Seems very strange to release a virtual pinball machine, say it has 27 “Playfields” pre loaded and the ability to add more but not mention even once or show a picture of what the “playfields” are or where how or how much new ones would be.

It's because they know they suck.

I'm excited to see if any of them are just rip offs of user created VP tables.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

This might be the games on it. The Zaccaria Collection on Steam. 27 games.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/974400/Zaccaria_Pinball__27_Retro_Tables/

Then what would the other table DLC be?

If they licensed Zaccaria, I think they would mention it. But maybe not. Farsight and Zen have partnered to do their own virtual cabs, and Zac hasn't so it seems possible.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I've owned 4 real ones in my 20 years collecting and as far as I'm concerned I'm done with real video cabs.
    The pinball will be no difference.

I agree with you that with video game cabinets are a super hassle considering how far video game emulation has come and that the Arcade 1UPs give you the physical controller experience that makes so many of those games special....but pinball is and always will be about the physical play

Yes they'll sell a bunch of these things, but it will only whet the appetite for the real thing.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Doesn't Zac have about 100 tables in total? So you would get the retro pack and then be able to download more.

I didn't realize they branched out into creating unique tables like Zen. So yeah, it probably is a Zac VPin

#22 3 years ago

It looks like a set of standard buttons on the cab with legs, and an extra set of buttons on the table top which are likely for nudge (also no plunger). I like the small size of the table top and get why it won't be as easy to nudge, but meh. It seemed like a lot of people didn't like how nudging was implemented on the Farsight machine, which used buttons. The Zen machine used an accelerometer and I assume the "full size" of this does as well.

edit: nevermind. There is only one extra button on the right side of the cabinet. Idk how they're doing nudging. Slide it around your table top I guess.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Help me out with the math on this...a std pinball playfield is about 20 x 45 for 900 sq inches. These use a 24" LCD, which would yield dimensions of 12 x 20 for 240 sq inches. So a std playfield is about 4 times the area. How do they come up with these being 3/4 size? I assume it is the cabinet dimensions, but the game is played on the playfield, not the cabinet. I mean, could I take a std cabinet, bolt an ipad running virtual pin to it and call it a full sized?

If you're a good marketer you would. Deceptive but technically accurate

It looks like half the "playfield" is bezel and your math basically confirms it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-played-arcade-virtual-pinball-machine-499-?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.