48.jpg
rubber-rattlesnake-fangs.jpg
IMG_20130603_063728.jpg
th-12.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Crotalus-atrox-040110-San-Antonio-Mar.jpeg
Broken_Snake_Tooth.jpg
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

About 200 games in, and the left tooth got snapped off during coffin multiball.

I hope Stern will provide a new head, I'm bummed!

Broken_Snake_Tooth.jpgBroken_Snake_Tooth.jpg

#2 10 years ago

And the bracket itself is showing good amount of wear and dirt for only 200 plays. Stern hopefully will hook you up with a new one but I see this being an ongoing issue

#3 10 years ago

Dang. Hopefully Stern makes a lot of extras, because it's always going to be a point of concern. Good luck getting a replacement. I hope it works out for you.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

About 200 games in, and the left tooth got snapped off during coffin multiball.
I hope Stern will provide a new head, I'm bummed!

I was wondering how durable that part in particular was going to be. What exactly is it made out of? I figured they would use some type of flexible rubber that could withstand hits and not a hard plastic since it was so exposed.

I hope you get your replacement part.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The snake head= freddys hand- part 2

Yep, except I think the problem will be vastly greater with Metallica.

Two small nubs of plastic hanging down over the playfield? Of course they're going to get broken; easily and often.

#7 10 years ago

Pretty sure this will happen to every snake.
Not much use in replacing the head when breakage is inevitable.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Pretty sure this will happen to every snake.
Not much use in replacing the head when breakage is inevitable.

Seriously! How are the teeth *not* going to break?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#9 10 years ago

I imagine that an owner would want to have an extra snake head or two on hand. If they ever sell the game, swap in an unbroken head. At that time, it could mean an extra little bit of cash in the sale. Otherwise, it's not so cosmetically bad to warrant a change every time it breaks.

#10 10 years ago

Cliffy might be working on some "Snake Braces" or dentures as this is being discussed...

Brad

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Yep, except I think the problem will be vastly greater with Metallica.
Two small nubs of plastic hanging down over the playfield? Of course they're going to get broken; easily and often.

Change the material is the easy answer. You can't use metal, that may damage the balls and then you will tear up your playfield quickly. So, since you can't use a harder material use something softer and more flexible . . . go from hard plastic to soft rubber for the teeth; easy answer.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Change the material is the easy answer. You can't use metal, that may damage the balls and then you will tear up your playfield quickly. So, since you can't use a harder material use something softer and more flexible . . . go from hard plastic to soft rubber for the teeth; easy answer.

Not a bad idea. Rubber would hold up much better.

#13 10 years ago

Aint this the second report of this so far?
Owners need to notify Stern just so this is acknowledged straight away.

Mine are good so far - but always in my mind when playing

#14 10 years ago

That's what we've been concerned about ever since the snake and teeth were shown.

#15 10 years ago

It's not a concern to me, but then again I like to smack around my games a bit

#16 10 years ago

Sorry (but not surprised) to hear about this.

Good luck with the replacement, and to anybody working on a custom modded head that doesn't explode after a solid hit to the teeth.

#17 10 years ago

glue it back on

#18 10 years ago

Needs to be a cliffy made for the inside of the scoop to cover the teeth... This will keep happening no matter how many times you replace it..

#19 10 years ago

I agree on the idea of a rubber head. I would think if you had a bracket that the rubber could slip over you could make it work for both stability and easy replacement. While it wouldn't be identical, I am thinking of the Wall of Souls on Freddy, where that rubber simply slips over the switches and takes all the direct hits from the ball. But here you aren't looking for it to be hit, but if it is to allow flexibility.

Brad

#21 10 years ago

I think a solution could be metal but it has to be smooth and make them hook back toward the throat. They could have rubber caps on them to. Like this

Crotalus-atrox-040110-San-Antonio-Mar.jpegCrotalus-atrox-040110-San-Antonio-Mar.jpeg

#22 10 years ago

I don't think anybody on Pinside saw this coming..

#23 10 years ago

Has anyone else had a problem with the ball hanging up inside the mech on the back of the tongue?

#24 10 years ago

Bummer

Stern would have been better off ditching protruding fangs in favor of painted fangs/shadows

Ball hangups in the snake mouth would be much more than a bummer so I hope you find a resolution soon.

#25 10 years ago

I am sure the "moveable lower jaw" will make this issue much less prevalent on the LE's/premiums... or wait a minute I think I mean the opposite

#26 10 years ago

This is truly lame but as said before but not surprising at all. Does not matter what model you own unless someone comes up with a condom/protection for the snake we are all screwed and knowing stern there will be not enough "extras" for everyone. What's the point of gluing teeth back if it just happens again.

I don't see anything that can be done about this one by stern at this point. Not like they have time to snake a new rubber toy, but the same floppy material as the upper part of Sparky would have been the answer. Hope someone with connections at stern forwards this thread over.

#27 10 years ago

Maybe someone can make a mold of the head into a more flexible material.

The only freebies that Stern is going to give you, is what was in your goodie bag.

#28 10 years ago

Like jar155 said just buy an extra to have incase you sell it. May not be anytime soon. But at least you will have an extra.

#29 10 years ago

Not surprising that it broke. Stern isn't helping themselves in the quality department.

#30 10 years ago

Will sparkys shoes hold up? Looks to me like the ball can bash into those also.

#31 10 years ago

When available, Ill be buying and extra snake and sparky. Im not going to replace the peices everytime they break, but If I go to sell it, Ill have the parts.

#32 10 years ago

Someone needs to make snake dentures.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Snake Grills™

Love this idea lol

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Not surprising that it broke. Stern isn't helping themselves in the quality department.

Yup that's Stern for ya. Same BS different day. Slowly killing themselves over this nonsense. Jack is knocking it out of the park.

#35 10 years ago

think how hard it is to get that freddy hand-
smart to stock up big time on snake heads

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yup that's Stern for ya. Same BS different day. Slowly killing themselves over this nonsense. Jack is knocking it out of the park.

l woudn't say ''knocking it out of the park'' ...every Woz i've played doesn't even really play. How is that better than a broken snake tooth?

#37 10 years ago

I'm surprised any experienced designer would let this pass as OK.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

l woudn't say ''knocking it out of the park'' ...every Woz i've played doesn't even really play. How is that better than a broken snake tooth?

Build quality is irrelevant from ruleset.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm surprised any experienced designer would let this pass as OK.

Totally agree here. Who has the last call on something like this? Is it Borg or someone else?

#40 10 years ago

I wonder if adjusting the bottom lip to slightly below playfield would prevent the ball from skipping and hitting the tooth? Seems to me you may be able to prevent this and the teeth won't be an issue.

#41 10 years ago

Check to see if your dental plan will cover it. I asked my health provider but they seemed too busy to return my calls. Im thinking of changing my plan to that one that covers pinball snake fangssss.

#42 10 years ago

It's too bad, the stuff we mold with can take a hell of a beating. Should have molded the snake out of the same stuff they molded wolverine out of

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

» YouTube video

PLEASE stop posting pinballninja videos. Clay has his own site that he allows membership and then provides great videos to for those that join so we can learn about all sorts of great stuff (mainly tech related for those that do not know). I believe this exact same video was posted once before and it caused issues.

Please respect the mans hard work and go back and edit your post to remove the video.

#44 10 years ago

Take it to this guy!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

PLEASE stop posting pinballninja videos. Clay has his own site that he allows membership and then provides great videos to for those that join so we can learn about all sorts of great stuff (mainly tech related for those that do not know). I believe this exact same video was posted once before and it caused issues.
Please respect the mans hard work and go back and edit your post to remove the video.

Before accusing me or anyone else of spreading protected material, check the source. This is a public video straight from Clay's YouTube account.

#46 10 years ago

Bummed? Just pull the other one off, you'll be fine.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Before accusing me or anyone else of spreading protected material, check the source. This is a public video straight from Clay's YouTube account.

I was not accusing, I was asking, hence the 'please'

Did not know it was changed to public. The last time this video was posted, Clay specifically asked people NOT to repost his videos from pin ninja and I think there was some sort of issue that came from the reposting of his stuff.

#48 10 years ago

I think if I was to get one I would cut the teeth flush w the scoop and paint them white. It would at least keep them from snapping off into the gums area.

#49 10 years ago

This is so awesome. Break teeth break!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was not accusing, I was asking, hence the 'please'
Did not know it was changed to public. The last time this video was posted, Clay specifically asked people NOT to repost his videos from pin ninja and I think there was some sort of issue that came from the reposting of his stuff.

I didn't know they were originally exclusive to his site, interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-my-snake-tooth-broke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.