Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4E8E306C-2A46-4088-8786-E9AE3941FB81 (resized).jpeg
    20181218_064744 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2472 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2414 (resized).JPG
    20170924_092826 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
    20170919_182038 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6445 (resized).JPG
    20170903_195428 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2913 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0475 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_5694 (resized).png
    Screenshot_5693 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cloud7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My wife and I will be having our first child in October! We are pretty excited, it's taken awhile for this to happen. Can't wait to raise a little pinhead!

20170407_160457 (resized).jpg20170407_160457 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schabs81:

Congrats! We just had our first one last october. Good luck get another pin now before you cant lol

I do have Dialed In on deposit atleast!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Awesome. I'm happy for you. Let me give you some advice from a 50 year old man. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR WIFE AND THAT CHILD. I spent years chasing pinballs, corals for a aquarium, cars and sticking a needle in my ass trying to be the biggest person in the gym. I didn't realize what was really important till I didn't have the money to buy all that stuff. Now, when my son is 1 year away from going to college I literally cry when I think how much I will miss my son and my best friend. Savor every moment. Take every chance to enjoy that child . Make memories. Hug it, love it, teach it what is important. It will be gone before you know it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I appreciate all advice! We truly can't wait! For whatever reason it's taken us quite some time for this to happen. I'm in my mid 30s now and am not one to act like I know everything. It's a whole new chapter in life for us.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Congrats! Appropriate machine you chose to post with your announcement. That's what your life is going to be like in 6 months.

I thought the exact same thing!

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Congrats, enjoy the ride, and what a ride it is. You'll need to check out this sight from now on.
    Kidwiki.com

Thanks! I'll check it out!

#53 7 years ago

@TheLaw, I enjoyed your graphic retelling of your experience! I may not have my wife read it though lol!

#71 7 years ago

One of my best friends had his first child today. Then my wife tells me one of her best friends who was having trouble getting pregnant for years (same as us) found out they are pregnant. Funny how life is happening.

1 week later
    #73 7 years ago

One of my good friends came over the other day because his kids wanted to play pinball! I hope my kids enjoy it as much as these two!!

20170417_174731 (resized).jpg20170417_174731 (resized).jpg

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Good choice of a pinball theme for your picture!
    Children ground you.
    (Then they drive you nuts when they become teenagers.)
    Congratulations!
    Eric

Thank you! I thought Whirlwind was fitting as well!

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

kids aren't for everyone.
    I am glad that there are intelligent people (cloud7) that are still having them, but also respect those that make a decision not to.

Thank you Hilton, I'm going to show my wife that someone called me intelligent!!

#85 7 years ago

I think I'll print this and laminate it as a nice cheat sheet!

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Congratulations! My oldest just turned 21 and it seems like a blur. It went by so fast

Everyone has been telling us how fast life goes by once you have kids! I already feel like life is on fast forward.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

In the same boat. My wife and I are expecting our first child,a boy, beginning of august.
    Thanks for the heads up about c-sections, Law. I will wait outside if it comes to that.
    I don't know about you Cloud, but I'm scared sh$tless about the idea of being a father. I hope the kid takes after his mother, because I was a real handful to raise.

Yeah, I'm nervous for sure!! I can't remember how many times my parents told me how they couldn't wait for me to have kids! I also hope our kid is more like my wife! My friends and I will talk about the dumb things we did growing up and laugh at how we hope our own kids don't do the same things.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Congratulations to you and the family! Best experience in the world..... well second to opening a NIB pin with them

Thank you! I guess I'm going to have two first this year speaking of a NIB pin!

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Certainly sounds like it's going to be an awesome year!
    New baby & NIB pin!? Isn't that what they call the American dream?

It sure is for me! I just wonder how much time I'll actually have to play Dialed In.......

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Good point. It's not talked about much but there are a lot of emotional and physical things that happen before and after childbirth that are hard on women. Depression is pretty common and easy to overlook such things when focused on the child. Help out in every way and make sure the mother gets out of the house kidless now and then.

This is definitely something I have been thinking about actually.

1 week later
    #109 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Congrats! Kids are great, so much fun. You will love it and love sharing pinball with them when they are old enough to reach both flippers at the same time.
    I took my daughter shopping for "her stool" to play pinball and she loved it so much. She always loved coming downstairs to pull out her stool and play some games.

It's the little things like this I'm looking forward too. I feel like some of my memories are founded on the little stuff.

3 weeks later
    #111 6 years ago

Well, I'm having a daughter!!!!

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Spoilers man you found out? We waited till she popped out...I wanted a daughter though.

There was no doubt during the ultra sound. I said it before the lady performing the ultrasound did!

3 months later
    #121 6 years ago

We had a baby shower the other day. I have an aunt who understands me!

20170903_195428 (resized).jpg20170903_195428 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #124 6 years ago

My daughter Grace is finally here!!!! Greatest experience of my life!!!!! Nothing has come close to this!! It has made me appreciate my wife more than I thought did!! Truly incredible!!

20170919_182038 (resized).jpg20170919_182038 (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Congratulations! It truly is the greatest feeling. I cried my eyes out when both of mine were handed to me. Enjoy.

Thank you!!

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

My advice would be to buy a 'baby brezza' by month 2. Once she starts feeding more than 1 oz at a time this is a life saver. Essentially a baby keurig machine. Whether your wife breast feeds or especially if you formula feed (or a mix of both) this is a must.
    It mixes dry formula (we used Kirkland brand and loved it) with distilled water and comes out warm. Great for the midnight - 5am feedings or when the wife is bagged. It also allowed me to take part in the feedings with our son and I believe formed a strong bond. They know dad can feed them too
    amazon.com link »
    Good luck!

Thanks!! We will for sure look into it!!

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Congrats, Cloud7! I'm so happy to have a daughter - kinda wish I had another girl. She is 13 so that opinion might change in the next few years lol.
    That baby keurig machine is awesome! My wife back then couldn't breast feed so all kids were on formula. Even if she could breast feed it would of been hard to feed our triplets. We would mix up large batches of formula and fill the fridge with bottles at night for the next day. I miss having little kids but don't miss those days.

Triplets??! You and your wife are heroes sir!!!

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Congratulations!
    My son was born 3 weeks early on July 20. He had his 2 month appointment for shots yesterday. He's currently in the 78th percentile for height and weight. Still not quite as long as I was at birth(24 inches).

Congrats to you as well!! My daughter was 3 weeks early too!! But, she's very tiny just 4 pounds. So, unfortunately she's been in the NICU since Monday. As soon as she can eat without falling asleep she can come home!!

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't worry once she gets on the teet she'll fatten up nicely

Lol, that's the issue, she keeps passing out!! I even told her she has them on lease for now!

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It's crazy huh. You think you have a few more weeks to prepare, then all of the sudden the baby's coming now. And it's holy crap, I hope I'm ready for this.

Exactly! When it was happening I'm sure I had the deer in the headlights look. The anesthesiologist looked me and goes "are you ok over the dad?" As I'm watching my wife writhe in agony as he's prepping her epideral. Alot of my friends have kids and talked about their experience with child birth. But in reality, you can't appreciate it fully until you see your kid born. I thought I had a decent grasp on it before. But, that was such a REAL moment for me!

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

My son lost almost a pound from his birth weight over the course of the first week and it made me a little nervous, but then he started gaining it back. The doctors assured me this was normal, so don't fret too much if your daughter doesn't gain right away.

Everyone has told us it's normal, it's just hard not having her home yet. Getting out of the NICU is going to be a big day!!

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Woot! Congratulations Dad. YYMND! You will be home from the NICU soon enough.
    Good times are ahead for you. It seems like yesterday I was holding my 1st born in my arms. Now my 4 sons are 17, 14, 12 and 10. I cherish every moment. No regrets here. None of that "Oh just wait until..." Each age, phase, moment etc is precious.
    If you have a fraction of the joy that my wife and I have shared, you will be fulfilled beyond your dreams.
    Here is my unflattering, early morning, cranky kids Father's day pic from this year. We have come a long way from where it all began 24 years ago. Love these knuckleheads.

Thank you! I truly hope fatherhood gets me to the point where I can look back and say, man, that was the best years of my life!

#147 6 years ago

She's home!!!! And, drowning in every preemie outfit she's so small!! Such an awesome day!!!

20170924_092826 (resized).jpg20170924_092826 (resized).jpg

#151 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome day indeed. She looks great! She won't be small too long. Years really start to fly by once they are in school. One thing I recommend that I wish I did more was read to the kids everyday starting at a young age. It's especially important in the early days of school. I became a single parent when the kids were young so I always had an excuse of not having time, being too tired, or whatever. I wish I made it more of a priority and a habit.

We've already been getting Doctor Seuss books. My mom and sister got us a few others I never heard of that apparently are popular children's books. Our plan is to read to them often.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Great thread/read.
    GOT one coming in October.

Congrats!!! Is this your first?

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

1st. Dealing w/preeclampsia. Inducing this weekend. (37th wk).

My wife was induced at 37 weeks as well. About half way through the pregnancy we found out she wasn't growing as fast as normal. My wife ended up going to the doctor twice a week for months for multiple tests. Every time she went they couldn't find anything wrong. My daughter was born 4 lbs 5 oz. About half the size of most babies. Aside from her low birth weight, she's healthy! She eats like a horse and is gaining weight rapidly now.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

1st. Dealing w/preeclampsia. Inducing this weekend. (37th wk).

My advice when you're in the hospital, don't forget to drink water!! 2 days in a row I drank a 20 oz mountain dew and nothing else. I just wanted caffeine to stay awake. Bad idea! Drinking a diarehtic doesn't help. I got dehydrated!! I felt horrible!!! We were in the NICU and I was completely miserable! My wife, who is obviously smarter than myself, was the one who clued me in to my problem.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks for the tip. The entire hospital only sells diet drinks (vending/cafeteria). I think the real rub is with toys r us. We ordered a crib and bed set about 6wks ago, but ever since toys r us declared chapter 7 we have been getting mixed signals and no crib yet. Probably going to use a spare pin cabinet or shoe box for the time being.

We got our crib and changing table from a friend of mine who's kids are a little older now. We have so many hand me downs. I'm super grateful for everything we got! We saved so much money!

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

My wife gave birth naturally with ZERO meds! That was a difficult thing to witness when she started screaming for any kind of relief after it was too late.
    It's been 18 months and I'm loving my daughter more every day as she develops before my eyes.

Your wife is a warrior!! It took the anesthesiologist almost 20 mins to administer the epideral! He couldn't get the catheter to stay in place. Watching my wife writhe in agony begging him to hurry was heart breaking!! I wasn't allowed to hold her hand while he was putting it in because it was considered a sterile environment while he was doing it. I had to stand in the corner helplessly while my wife was dripping in sweat! I really feel for your wife!

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Epidural meds....GOOD.

I'm sure the stress level dropped significantly once that started. Very exciting time!

Well wishes to you and your wife on a safe delivery and healthy baby!

Ryan

1 year later
    #167 5 years ago

Well, she loves watching me play pinball!! It's been a great ride so far!

20181218_064744 (resized).jpg20181218_064744 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cloud7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-im-going-to-be-a-dad?tu=cloud7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.