Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4E8E306C-2A46-4088-8786-E9AE3941FB81 (resized).jpeg
    20181218_064744 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2472 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2414 (resized).JPG
    20170924_092826 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
    20170919_182038 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6445 (resized).JPG
    20170903_195428 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2913 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0475 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_5694 (resized).png
    Screenshot_5693 (resized).png
    There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome day indeed. She looks great! She won't be small too long. Years really start to fly by once they are in school. One thing I recommend that I wish I did more was read to the kids everyday starting at a young age. It's especially important in the early days of school. I became a single parent when the kids were young so I always had an excuse of not having time, being too tired, or whatever. I wish I made it more of a priority and a habit.

We've already been getting Doctor Seuss books. My mom and sister got us a few others I never heard of that apparently are popular children's books. Our plan is to read to them often.

#152 6 years ago

My kid likes Green Eggs and Ham. Something about the rhyming I think.

#153 6 years ago

Great thread/read.
    GOT one coming in October. IMG_2414 (resized).JPGIMG_2414 (resized).JPG

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Great thread/read.
    GOT one coming in October.

Congrats!!! Is this your first?

#155 6 years ago

1st. Dealing w/preeclampsia. Inducing this weekend. (37th wk).

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

My wife was diagnosed with preeclampsia, so they were going to induce labor, but coincidentally her water broke hours before she was scheduled to get whatever medicine they give for that.

#157 6 years ago

We couldn't wait to get out of the hospital but the mag for the preeclampsia kept us there for a few days and the little one had to be in the nicu. That was a bummer. In hindsight it was just a big blur and really not that bad. My baby is one now and awesome. The first pinball machine she saw I just put her on the glass and she zoned out. The next one was an EM and the noise freaked her out. It was the first time she looked scared!

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

My wife was induced at 37 weeks as well. About half way through the pregnancy we found out she wasn't growing as fast as normal. My wife ended up going to the doctor twice a week for months for multiple tests. Every time she went they couldn't find anything wrong. My daughter was born 4 lbs 5 oz. About half the size of most babies. Aside from her low birth weight, she's healthy! She eats like a horse and is gaining weight rapidly now.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

My advice when you're in the hospital, don't forget to drink water!! 2 days in a row I drank a 20 oz mountain dew and nothing else. I just wanted caffeine to stay awake. Bad idea! Drinking a diarehtic doesn't help. I got dehydrated!! I felt horrible!!! We were in the NICU and I was completely miserable! My wife, who is obviously smarter than myself, was the one who clued me in to my problem.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

My advice when you're in the hospital, don't forget to drink water!! 2 days in a row I drank a 20 oz mountain dew and nothing else. I just wanted caffeine to stay awake. Bad idea! Drinking a diarehtic doesn't help. I got dehydrated!! I felt horrible!!! We were in the NICU and I was completely miserable! My wife, who is obviously smarter than myself, was the one who clued me in to my problem.

Thanks for the tip. The entire hospital only sells diet drinks (vending/cafeteria). I think the real rub is with toys r us. We ordered a crib and bed set about 6wks ago, but ever since toys r us declared chapter 7 we have been getting mixed signals and no crib yet. Probably going to use a spare pin cabinet or shoe box for the time being.

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks for the tip. The entire hospital only sells diet drinks (vending/cafeteria). I think the real rub is with toys r us. We ordered a crib and bed set about 6wks ago, but ever since toys r us declared chapter 7 we have been getting mixed signals and no crib yet. Probably going to use a spare pin cabinet or shoe box for the time being.

Ask around. A lot of people hold onto cribs and baby stuff in case they have another child. We borrowed cribs and got a lot of hand me downs. We also found a consignment store where you could buy clothes and other baby stuff hardly used for dirt cheap. Young kids don't care about what they wear and happy playing with just about anything. Plus they outgrow clothes fast. As parents, easy to go nuts and buy tons of stuff the kid will barely use. That's why you can find so much cheap out there second hand.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

We got our crib and changing table from a friend of mine who's kids are a little older now. We have so many hand me downs. I'm super grateful for everything we got! We saved so much money!

#163 6 years ago

My wife gave birth naturally with ZERO meds! That was a difficult thing to witness when she started screaming for any kind of relief after it was too late.

It's been 18 months and I'm loving my daughter more every day as she develops before my eyes.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

My wife gave birth naturally with ZERO meds! That was a difficult thing to witness when she started screaming for any kind of relief after it was too late.
    It's been 18 months and I'm loving my daughter more every day as she develops before my eyes.

Your wife is a warrior!! It took the anesthesiologist almost 20 mins to administer the epideral! He couldn't get the catheter to stay in place. Watching my wife writhe in agony begging him to hurry was heart breaking!! I wasn't allowed to hold her hand while he was putting it in because it was considered a sterile environment while he was doing it. I had to stand in the corner helplessly while my wife was dripping in sweat! I really feel for your wife!

#165 6 years ago

Epidural meds....GOOD. IMG_2472 (resized).JPGIMG_2472 (resized).JPG

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Epidural meds....GOOD.

I'm sure the stress level dropped significantly once that started. Very exciting time!

Well wishes to you and your wife on a safe delivery and healthy baby!

Ryan

1 year later
    #167 5 years ago

Well, she loves watching me play pinball!! It's been a great ride so far!

20181218_064744 (resized).jpg20181218_064744 (resized).jpg
    #169 5 years ago

Seems like yesterday. Time goes by too fast!

#170 5 years ago

Cute! Fun when they start running around but oh boy does things change. Now my kids sit around the house. I have to bark out them to get off their butts and run around. Lol

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Well, she loves watching me play pinball!! It's been a great ride so far!
    [quoted image]

My son used to like to watch me play too. Now he insists on playing himself. Always the same. Starts with TWD, then Sorcerer, and finishes up with Centipede.

4E8E306C-2A46-4088-8786-E9AE3941FB81 (resized).jpeg4E8E306C-2A46-4088-8786-E9AE3941FB81 (resized).jpeg

#172 5 years ago

Congrats. Time flies, you'll see!

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-im-going-to-be-a-dad/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.