2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4E8E306C-2A46-4088-8786-E9AE3941FB81 (resized).jpeg
    20181218_064744 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2472 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2414 (resized).JPG
    20170924_092826 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1392 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
    20170919_182038 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6445 (resized).JPG
    20170903_195428 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2913 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0475 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_5694 (resized).png
    Screenshot_5693 (resized).png

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago

The fun thing about having a baby is you also get to dress them up in goofy outfits and things

IMG_2913 (resized).JPG

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Mom well she's going to have some moments that men just can't explain for a few months. It will work itself out, try to be understanding.

Good point. It's not talked about much but there are a lot of emotional and physical things that happen before and after childbirth that are hard on women. Depression is pretty common and easy to overlook such things when focused on the child. Help out in every way and make sure the mother gets out of the house kidless now and then.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Good point. It's not talked about much but there are a lot of emotional and physical things that happen before and after childbirth that are hard on women. Depression is pretty common and easy to overlook such things when focused on the child. Help out in every way and make sure the mother gets out of the house kidless now and then.

This is definitely something I have been thinking about actually.

#104 2 years ago

Enjoy! BTW, infants love to watch you play pinball. Get a front-loading baby sling and flip away. Then the kid can enjoy the fan during multiball. A storm is coming . . .

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Post-partum depression. Been around for ages. My wife went through it with baby #2. Not fun at all. No issue with our first.

1 week later
    #106 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My daughter turned 18 last year and I have to say the only frustration was with her mother. The kid on the other hand has been nothing but a complete joy. The apple of my eye. The best thing that ever happened to me. The one that will someday push my wheelchair around.

When I read this I pictured something like this.

IMG_0583 (resized).JPG

#107 2 years ago

Congrats. My Wife and I just had our 5th a little over a month ago. I'm trying to convince her to let me buy an AFMr, haha.

#108 2 years ago

Congrats! Kids are great, so much fun. You will love it and love sharing pinball with them when they are old enough to reach both flippers at the same time.

I took my daughter shopping for "her stool" to play pinball and she loved it so much. She always loved coming downstairs to pull out her stool and play some games.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Congrats! Kids are great, so much fun. You will love it and love sharing pinball with them when they are old enough to reach both flippers at the same time.
    I took my daughter shopping for "her stool" to play pinball and she loved it so much. She always loved coming downstairs to pull out her stool and play some games.

It's the little things like this I'm looking forward too. I feel like some of my memories are founded on the little stuff.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Everyone has been telling us how fast life goes by once you have kids! I already feel like life is on fast forward.

Time does move fast and having children you really do get a new sense as how fast time goes by. Watching them grow is awesome. Advice I had received when ours were born was to really enjoy every moment, the good times and what you perceive at the time as bad. They all are good times and they don't last forever.

My two children are 7 and 9 and it seems like a very short time ago that we were trying to become parents as it took awhile for us to realize our goal. My view on life changed as well as priorities on what was once important changed. Enjoy the change, congratulations!

3 weeks later
    #111 2 years ago

Well, I'm having a daughter!!!!

#112 2 years ago

Time to upgrade to Cloud9, congrats!

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Start building your gun collection now so by the time she's 16 you can be sitting there cleaning your guns with a crazy look in your eyes when the boys come to pick her up. It might sound stupid now but trust me, when she's 16 you won't be thinking so.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

So... my neighbor is telling me about the time when he had his first child. They did not peek before the birth but he was convinced it was a boy. Gotta play football, baseball, basketball... GRRR GRR GRR. He bought all kinds of sports toys and laced the nursery with them. His wife kept rolling her eyes and just went with it.

Then the big day comes. Wife goes into labor, and they drive to the hospital with a football next to him to bring to the delivery room. 12 hours later the baby pops out...

Now, this is the story my neighbor tells me...for at least 5 min (you got the abridged version). He really sells the point about it's a boy, it's a boy, IT'S a BOY!

So, when he continues the story...

... and the doctor says, "it's a girl".

He tells me, "All images of playing sports with my son left my mind and the only thing I can think about is dating".

I told him, "Wow, that's kinda harsh"...

Now, what he meant was... all he could think about was his DAUGHTER dating.

I thought he was pissed at his wife and was ready to find another woman to give him a boy

We both had a very good laugh.

Congrats on a girl! Mine is pretty amazing!
    faz

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Awesome, congrats. One of my favorite kids is a girl.

#116 2 years ago

Spoilers man you found out? We waited till she popped out...I wanted a daughter though.

#117 2 years ago

Congrats! It's fun journey. Mine is graduating high school this weekend.

Here's my favorite parenting advice song:

#118 2 years ago

Congrats, cloud! Girls are fantastic. Mine recently turned 13. The teenage girl drama is rough at times but she is still an absolute joy. She is such a character. My boys are great too but the daddy daughter thing is pretty special. She has zero interest in pinball but can name all my pins. Lol

#119 2 years ago

Have two sons. Oldest,,,,,,EE graduating this Dec. Learned electronics repairing 6800 Bally boards. Pinball for the win. Has job offers from several companies, including Space-X. So rocket scientist. Already has a security clearance. (despite his dad, I didnt help with that). We'll see where it goes.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Spoilers man you found out? We waited till she popped out...I wanted a daughter though.

There was no doubt during the ultra sound. I said it before the lady performing the ultrasound did!

3 months later
    #121 2 years ago

We had a baby shower the other day. I have an aunt who understands me!

20170903_195428 (resized).jpg

#122 2 years ago

Cool!

#123 2 years ago

Love it! Here's a pic of my little guy in an outfit his aunt made for him a few months ago:

IMG_6445 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #124 2 years ago

My daughter Grace is finally here!!!! Greatest experience of my life!!!!! Nothing has come close to this!! It has made me appreciate my wife more than I thought did!! Truly incredible!!

20170919_182038 (resized).jpg

#125 2 years ago

Congratulations! It truly is the greatest feeling. I cried my eyes out when both of mine were handed to me. Enjoy.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Congratulations! It truly is the greatest feeling. I cried my eyes out when both of mine were handed to me. Enjoy.

Thank you!!

#127 2 years ago

congrats buddy!

#128 2 years ago

She's beautiful! Congratulations! There is no greater love on this Earth than between a dad and his daughter. I'm jealous. I wish I could start over again. Enjoy every minute.

#129 2 years ago

Nicely done and thanks for sharing the great photo.

Time to start saving for college... my son started this August and you will likely need every dollar you can possibly save. Also write yourself a note capturing that feeling about your wife and save it for someday when you really need reminded of that love. All the best!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#130 2 years ago

My advice would be to buy a 'baby brezza' by month 2. Once she starts feeding more than 1 oz at a time this is a life saver. Essentially a baby keurig machine. Whether your wife breast feeds or especially if you formula feed (or a mix of both) this is a must.

It mixes dry formula (we used Kirkland brand and loved it) with distilled water and comes out warm. Great for the midnight - 5am feedings or when the wife is bagged. It also allowed me to take part in the feedings with our son and I believe formed a strong bond. They know dad can feed them too

amazon.com link »

Good luck!

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

My advice would be to buy a 'baby brezza' by month 2. Once she starts feeding more than 1 oz at a time this is a life saver. Essentially a baby keurig machine. Whether your wife breast feeds or especially if you formula feed (or a mix of both) this is a must.
    It mixes dry formula (we used Kirkland brand and loved it) with distilled water and comes out warm. Great for the midnight - 5am feedings or when the wife is bagged. It also allowed me to take part in the feedings with our son and I believe formed a strong bond. They know dad can feed them too
    amazon.com link »
    Good luck!

Thanks!! We will for sure look into it!!

#132 2 years ago

Congrats, Cloud7! I'm so happy to have a daughter - kinda wish I had another girl. She is 13 so that opinion might change in the next few years lol.

That baby keurig machine is awesome! My wife back then couldn't breast feed so all kids were on formula. Even if she could breast feed it would of been hard to feed our triplets. We would mix up large batches of formula and fill the fridge with bottles at night for the next day. I miss having little kids but don't miss those days.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Congrats, Cloud7! I'm so happy to have a daughter - kinda wish I had another girl. She is 13 so that opinion might change in the next few years lol.
    That baby keurig machine is awesome! My wife back then couldn't breast feed so all kids were on formula. Even if she could breast feed it would of been hard to feed our triplets. We would mix up large batches of formula and fill the fridge with bottles at night for the next day. I miss having little kids but don't miss those days.

Triplets??! You and your wife are heroes sir!!!

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

It has made me appreciate my wife more than I thought did!!

Wait till the first Mother's Day...it becomes a real holiday you understand

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

My daughter Grace is finally here!!!! Greatest experience of my life!!!!! Nothing has come close to this!! It has made me appreciate my wife more than I thought did!! Truly incredible!!

Congratulations!

My son was born 3 weeks early on July 20. He had his 2 month appointment for shots yesterday. He's currently in the 78th percentile for height and weight. Still not quite as long as I was at birth(24 inches).

IMG_0833 (resized).JPG

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Congratulations!
    My son was born 3 weeks early on July 20. He had his 2 month appointment for shots yesterday.

ha my daughter just had her 15 month + shots yesterday too. They swear this time just a few shots left

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Congratulations!
    My son was born 3 weeks early on July 20. He had his 2 month appointment for shots yesterday. He's currently in the 78th percentile for height and weight. Still not quite as long as I was at birth(24 inches).

Congrats to you as well!! My daughter was 3 weeks early too!! But, she's very tiny just 4 pounds. So, unfortunately she's been in the NICU since Monday. As soon as she can eat without falling asleep she can come home!!

#138 2 years ago

Don't worry once she gets on the teet she'll fatten up nicely

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Congrats to you as well!! My daughter was 3 weeks early too!! But, she's very tiny just 4 pounds. So, unfortunately she's been in the NICU since Monday. As soon as she can eat without falling asleep she can come home!!

It's crazy huh. You think you have a few more weeks to prepare, then all of the sudden the baby's coming now. And it's holy crap, I hope I'm ready for this.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't worry once she gets on the teet she'll fatten up nicely

Lol, that's the issue, she keeps passing out!! I even told her she has them on lease for now!

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It's crazy huh. You think you have a few more weeks to prepare, then all of the sudden the baby's coming now. And it's holy crap, I hope I'm ready for this.

Exactly! When it was happening I'm sure I had the deer in the headlights look. The anesthesiologist looked me and goes "are you ok over the dad?" As I'm watching my wife writhe in agony as he's prepping her epideral. Alot of my friends have kids and talked about their experience with child birth. But in reality, you can't appreciate it fully until you see your kid born. I thought I had a decent grasp on it before. But, that was such a REAL moment for me!

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Lol, that's the issue, she keeps passing out!! I even told her she has them on lease for now!

My son lost almost a pound from his birth weight over the course of the first week and it made me a little nervous, but then he started gaining it back. The doctors assured me this was normal, so don't fret too much if your daughter doesn't gain right away.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

My son lost almost a pound from his birth weight over the course of the first week and it made me a little nervous, but then he started gaining it back. The doctors assured me this was normal, so don't fret too much if your daughter doesn't gain right away.

Everyone has told us it's normal, it's just hard not having her home yet. Getting out of the NICU is going to be a big day!!

#144 2 years ago

Woot! Congratulations Dad. YYMND! You will be home from the NICU soon enough.

Good times are ahead for you. It seems like yesterday I was holding my 1st born in my arms. Now my 4 sons are 17, 14, 12 and 10. I cherish every moment. No regrets here. None of that "Oh just wait until..." Each age, phase, moment etc is precious.

If you have a fraction of the joy that my wife and I have shared, you will be fulfilled beyond your dreams.

Here is my unflattering, early morning, cranky kids Father's day pic from this year. We have come a long way from where it all began 24 years ago. Love these knuckleheads.

IMG_1392 (resized).JPG

IMG_9971 (resized).JPG

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Woot! Congratulations Dad. YYMND! You will be home from the NICU soon enough.
    Good times are ahead for you. It seems like yesterday I was holding my 1st born in my arms. Now my 4 sons are 17, 14, 12 and 10. I cherish every moment. No regrets here. None of that "Oh just wait until..." Each age, phase, moment etc is precious.
    If you have a fraction of the joy that my wife and I have shared, you will be fulfilled beyond your dreams.
    Here is my unflattering, early morning, cranky kids Father's day pic from this year. We have come a long way from where it all began 24 years ago. Love these knuckleheads.

Thank you! I truly hope fatherhood gets me to the point where I can look back and say, man, that was the best years of my life!

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

My triplets were around that size each and we were very happy. Big for triplets. They lost some weight after being born but that's normal. They were born 7-8 weeks early but we were also happy about that. Anything earlier would of been bad. NICU was not much fun but we were fortunate that none of the kids had any serious health issues. One did get septic but pulled through. Last one came home after 6 weeks in the NICU. That was a good day. That experience helped make the first few months of not getting sleep a little easier. Also made the first birthday a big celebration. Count your blessings.

#147 2 years ago

She's home!!!! And, drowning in every preemie outfit she's so small!! Such an awesome day!!!

20170924_092826 (resized).jpg

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

She's home!!!! And, drowning in every preemie outfit she's so small!! Such an awesome day!!!

How adorable. Congrats, man. Enjoy every moment.

#149 2 years ago

Enjoy every moment with her My boy turns 1 year old this Thursday (Sept 28) and I cannot believe how damn fast a year has just gone. I didn't ever really plan to have a child but now cannot imagine life without him. In fact, I am even wondering about working towards another - haha.

#150 2 years ago

Awesome day indeed. She looks great! She won't be small too long. Years really start to fly by once they are in school. One thing I recommend that I wish I did more was read to the kids everyday starting at a young age. It's especially important in the early days of school. I became a single parent when the kids were young so I always had an excuse of not having time, being too tired, or whatever. I wish I made it more of a priority and a habit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 214.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside