Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I've been planning on getting a MMR. I do not currently own a pin. I owned a MM and some others back in the day though. I've been taking my family to the pinball gallery in Malvern, and my wife has completely fallen in love with the Hobbit. Unfortunately their MM has been down so she hasn't been able to play one. But with the way she feels about the Hobbit, I think I should get her one and wait a year or 2 fo my MM. Can't afford 2 High dollar pins at once.( Happy wife, happy life and all) plus it's really nice to see her loving a pin. She was putting last night when we had to wait a couple hours to play it do to a tournament.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dodgefolks:

She was putting last night when we had to wait a couple hours to play it do to a tournament.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Lol auto correct. Pouting was what I meant to say.

#4 6 years ago

Id get the MMR personally but they are having quality issues so im scratching that off of my list also.

#5 6 years ago

Get both, 1 for you and 1 for her

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Get both, 1 for you and 1 for her

I can't afford both, not at the same time anyway.

#7 6 years ago

I had MMR and Hobbit at the same time and Hobbit definitely got more play all around. The rule set is deeper than MMR, which is good for me. It's also easy to understand the basics of how to get a multiball, which is good for people that don't play as much as I do. Everyone liked the theme on both. I liked MMR, but Hobbit, with all its supposed flaws, had more staying power for me. MMR was built like a tank and never had a single issue from the time I pulled it out of the box. Hobbit had a finicky beast mech, but JJP staff told me how to do a quick fix and I haven't had an issue since.

#8 6 years ago

I know this may sound crazy, but I’d rather have the hobbit instead of my original MM. wife and kids don’t care about MM and won’t play it

#9 6 years ago

Get Hobbit. If you don’t have any pins right now, it will last WAY longer for you. MMr is great but once you’ve destroyed the castle a bunch of times, you kinda “get” the game. The Hobbit can be different every time you play, and it is beautiful. It is fun and does unexpected things when you play. Plus, double the pop up troll mechs!

#10 6 years ago

I would rather have Hobbit. MM does nothing for me at all. Fun to flip every now and then but have scratched it off my must own list.

#11 6 years ago

I owned an MM years ago and regretted selling it the next day! I haven't played it in 14 years and still miss it!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I know this may sound crazy, but I’d rather have the hobbit instead of my original MM. wife and kids don’t care about MM and won’t play it

Not crazy at all, family voted MMr out.
    Not sure about Hobbit, but lifes too short.
    While they care, gotta have games all will enjoy for now.

#13 6 years ago

If you have a place to play those get something that place doesn't have.

#14 6 years ago

I’d get the hobbit. You want to make the wife happy and there is nothing wrong with that game. It’s pretty awesome imo.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I’d get the hobbit. You want to make the wife happy and there is nothing wrong with that game. It’s pretty awesome imo.

The place is over an hour away, MM's been down for over a month and my wife has no patience waiting and sharing. The hobbit is very popular, she'll get on a roll, then have to walk away. She was telling me she wants one in our basement! That sounds very promising! I was planning on mm but I think now I'll get a hobbit instead.

#16 6 years ago

Get the game your wife wants , you'll make her happy and enjoy the game also .

#17 6 years ago

MM is way better than the Hobbit, but make your wife happy.
    Also, the Hobbit can be had at bargain prices right now, so you will save money over an MMr.

#18 6 years ago

It's better to get a game she wants for sure.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

It sounds like you should get that despised machine out of your house right away before you have a revolt on your hands. If they won't play it, you should sell it immediately (preferably to me.... and cheap)

#20 6 years ago

I think Pincrossing in Linfield, PA still has their MMR which should be about an hour away but I'd verify before making the drive. That said I'd get very bored with MMR and would rather Hobbit, plus there's a lot more MM & MMR out there on location.

#21 6 years ago

Well I did it, yesterday I ordered an open box black arrow hobbit from automated services. Its supposed to be delivered tomorrow. My wife is beyond excited. Downright impatient even. She's so excited I'm glad I got the hobbit instead of mmr. I guess I'll get mm next year.

#22 6 years ago

Hobbit is a great choice I find it a blast. I don't really care that much for MM. I know others do.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-i-think-i-have-to-change-my-plans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.