IMG_0002_(resized).JPG
IMG_0014_(resized).JPG
IMG_0012_(resized).JPG
IMG_0011_(resized).JPG
IMG_0010_(resized).JPG
IMG_0009_(resized).JPG
IMG_0007_(resized).JPG
IMG_0008_(resized).JPG
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

JUNGLE QUEEN
well this is my 5th machine and have to say it needs alot of care to say the least
started going throught the score reels taking me only about 45 mins a reel now and thats with the plastic parts drying lol
will elicate your help as i need it
but if anyone has some inside tips i will be more than happy to listen
here we go
tommy crum

#2 8 years ago

No tips 'til we get some pics of that queenie

#3 8 years ago

Had a Jungle Queen and sold it to a friend of mine - good player - you'll like it. I picked up a Jungle Princess last year and get to have fun all over again.

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

OK WAYOUT440 HERE ARE A FEW PICS IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

IMG_0002_(resized).JPGIMG_0002_(resized).JPG

IMG_0003_(resized).JPGIMG_0003_(resized).JPG

IMG_0004_(resized).JPGIMG_0004_(resized).JPG

IMG_0005_(resized).JPGIMG_0005_(resized).JPG

IMG_0008_(resized).JPGIMG_0008_(resized).JPG

IMG_0007_(resized).JPGIMG_0007_(resized).JPG

IMG_0009_(resized).JPGIMG_0009_(resized).JPG

IMG_0010_(resized).JPGIMG_0010_(resized).JPG

IMG_0011_(resized).JPGIMG_0011_(resized).JPG

IMG_0012_(resized).JPGIMG_0012_(resized).JPG

IMG_0014_(resized).JPGIMG_0014_(resized).JPG

#5 8 years ago

the two score reel pic the second needs that blade and contacts and one needs a plunger and a new coil
they clean up pretty good but don't know wht i will find next
tommy crum

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from tommycrum:

OK WAYOUT440 HERE ARE A FEW PICS IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

Ah, that's too bad. I kinda like the art on that game. You have some mad skills where you can paint that playfield? The cabinet looks ok as-is, IMO. As far as the backglass goes just seal it and it's good to go. Depends where you want to take it, how much you like the game. Maybe do some customizing, have fun with it.

#7 8 years ago

I just picked up a Jungle Queen as my first project. I'm starting to research on where to start and found this thread. I haven't even unloaded it yet because I couldn't get inside to look for connectors. The glass is stuck in place.

I also need to give the wife time to adjust to me ignoring her "just one" edict. This is either going to be a great cheap project or an expensive divorce.

#8 8 years ago

Hi Tommy.
You got a player there. just go through everything and over haul as needed.takes time, but worth it.
give the steps some tlc, and for the play field, if your not gonna paint it, just clean/wax and play.
fresh rubbers and a new ball, jam on dude!

#9 8 years ago

Ouch.

I'm thinking parts machine. I've never seen a JQ or any other late-model Gottlieb EM in such bad shape.

Usually those 1977 or so EMs weren't on location very long since all the digital stuff started coming out.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

You have some mad skills where you can paint that playfield?

NO NOT AT ALL JUST GONNA GET IT RUNNING I HOPE AND SEE HOW IT PLAYS

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

just go through everything and over haul as needed

thats what i'm planning started with the backbox it seems to need the most work right now

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ouch.

I'm thinking parts machine. I've never seen a JQ or any other late-model Gottlieb EM in such bad shape.

Usually those 1977 or so EMs weren't on location very long since all the digital stuff started coming out.

time will tell as i go through it crazylevi i'm hopeing i don't find that i need to may parts to get it to play

#13 8 years ago

Looks salvageable to me, easy spot and easy colors to redraw too (compared to my Volcano...) so if its cheap go for it (or haggle the price down if not).

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ouch.
I'm thinking parts machine.

After doing a resurrection of what was essentially a trashed woodrail, and then seeing threads about building games completely from scratch or rethemes, IMHO all games are salvageable - labors of love, at least.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

After doing a resurrection of what was essentially a trashed woodrail, and then seeing threads about building games completely from scratch or rethemes, IMHO all games are salvageable - labors of love, at least.

Exactly, the more machines people trash/make into partpiles less games are left behind for others/the future, better to fix them up and keep the numbers up, i'd say!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I've "rescued" some real poop back in the day, including a Spirit of 76 that was in similar shape. Nice to get something like that playing.

These days, I'd look at something like that with a much more sinister eye, salivating at the parts I was gonna get out of it.

#17 8 years ago

haven't been able to do anything on the jq,house got hit by lighting and have to repair the ac unit, looks like it's going to cost me 700 to get the unit working again, hope to have it back working by sat afternoon or sun
it could have been a lot worse. but when thats fixed i will be getting back to the jungle queen
tommy crum
hope everyone has a good weekend

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from tommycrum:

it could have been a lot worse. but when thats fixed i will be getting back to the jungle queen

....ah that's too bad, nobody wants to spend $700 of pinball money on an AC unit.

#19 8 years ago

this is so true and as of yesterday had to add 150 more but it seems to be working will be getting back to jungle queen again

#20 8 years ago

cleanning the last few score reels and did some work putting in new rubbers will have a photo later had a spot that just doesn't look right will need some help with

#21 8 years ago

does this look right ?

IMG_0002_(resized).JPGIMG_0002_(resized).JPG

#22 8 years ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF THIS AREA I CAN USE TO PLACE THEM IN THE RIGHT SPOTS ?
THANKS
TOMMY CRUM

#23 8 years ago

I think there is suppose to be a plastic arch behind the kick outholes. Check Pin Rescue's site for the plastics.

#24 8 years ago

stashboy im talking about the post placement ?

#25 8 years ago

stashyboy is right - you're missing the plastic arch

Here's a pic

IMG_0658_(resized).JPGIMG_0658_(resized).JPG

#26 8 years ago

thanks hoov does the other side have one too and where do i get them

and after finishing cleaning all the score reels it'2 scoreing on 2 3 players any ideas with that thinking the player uunit if u have a pic of that it may shed some light on that problem

thanks

tommy crum

#27 8 years ago

Yes, the other side has one too but it's shaped differently.

Pinball Rescue the plastic set on their website but they're out of stock - $104. Your other option is to find some one selling a complete plastic set (or those 2 pieces you need) or a populated pf.

Have you cleaned and lubed your player unit? Use a Scotch Brite pad on the rivets on the bake lite disc and apply a thin layer of Super Lube.

#28 8 years ago

You could fabricate them too if you are handy, since they are just clear. Do you have the top light shields?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

You could fabricate them too if you are handy, since they are just clear. Do you have the top light shields?

Would you use 3/16" Lexan Mark?

#30 8 years ago

3/16 sounds rather thick, maybe 3/32" is that what you meant? I usually have some old plastics that I scavenge and reuse. That way they already have the 'patina' to match an old set.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

3/16 sounds rather thick, maybe 3/32" is that what you meant? I usually have some old plastics that I scavenge and reuse. That way they already have the 'patina' to match an old set.

I've never went out and bought any Lexan. Using old plastics is a good way to get rid of them.

#32 8 years ago

tommycrum: Let me know if you need any pictures for comparison. I have my JQ open trying to get it running and can easily snap what you need.

#33 8 years ago

yes mce_llc pics of the player unit would be great now; and will need more as i go through the machine; been working in the head only right now finished cleaning all the score reels

and yes stashyboy i do have some plastic here need pics pdf file of those two
and yes i have the top plastic could use the whole set but gonna concentrate on getting it working first

hoov yes i did the rivets and the shoes on the disk just not sure it's on right pics from mce_llc will help with that

thank you all for the help
tommy crum

#34 8 years ago

I don't own the game anymore (fun game btw), but you could look at the piece on Pin Rescue's site and then scale it based on the space left there between posts. You will also need a few of those little split posts(available from PBR).

#35 8 years ago

Snapped a few quickies. Let me know what you need. I hope to get back to work on mine by Wednesday.

straight from the backstraight from the backviewing from the leftviewing from the leftviewing from the rightviewing from the rightviewing from the rightviewing from the rightgeneral back boxgeneral back box

#36 7 years ago

ok have some time to get into the jq tomorrow
any thoughts on why score is going on to 2 3 players each time something is scored
will be looking at the coind door also
thanks for all the help so far i think i will be needing alot to get this baby to work normaly
tommy

#37 7 years ago

Maybe check out the player unit. Could be some of the switches are jacked up from a previous repair/adjustment attempt.

#38 7 years ago

Great game, good luck with it. I'm a bit late to the party, but I made this shield out of some clear perspex. I just traced the shape from the playfield.

IMG_2925_zps2df46348[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_2925_zps2df46348[1]_(resized).jpg

Some more strip down pictures of my JP here, if they are of any use to you.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/Pinball_pictures/library/Jungle%20Princess?sort=6&page=1

#39 7 years ago

The other side

IMG_2922_zps5139ce57[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_2922_zps5139ce57[1]_(resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

Nice, but make the ends more squared off to fit closer to the posts. You don't want the ball to carom into any voids there.

#41 7 years ago

thanks sys6 that looks doable
and i will look at the player unit stashboy
could use a pic of the switches so i know where they are normaly

tommy

#42 7 years ago

whats new today
got the botton board out and started on the 2 coin 3 play unit - found the top contact was missing is this good or bad
i think bad and had one here so i replaced it. any pics of the unit would be a great help to let me know it is right now
and pics and name of the unit in very front right looking at the front of the machine thats the next unit i will clean and check

thanks again
tommy

#43 7 years ago

bump for the afternoon

#44 7 years ago

ok the coin unit is the next thing to get worked on after work today
did get the score motor cleaned yesterday
thanks for all the help
tommy

#45 7 years ago

really could use a few pics of the coin unit in reset position from both sides
mce_llc are u out there
thanks in advance for all the help
tommy

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from tommycrum:

really could use a few pics of the coin unit in reset position from both sides
mce_llc are u out there
thanks in advance for all the help
tommy

You bet. I'll work on some pics for you.

#47 7 years ago

[edit] I removed the pictures because they were showing my problem. You don't want to use these. Use the pictures from this topic instead. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-multi-player-coin-unit-position-jet-spin#post-2106599

#48 7 years ago

Is this the machine that was on Craigs list in Springhill?

#49 7 years ago

no i got it from port richey

#50 7 years ago

update
cleaned all the levers on the coin unit and added a turn to the spring and the fuction is solid
1st click on the step up coil (i think the bottom coil) opens bottom switch and the forth click opens the top switch
and it steps down 1 click at a time on the step down coil (the top coil) any input would be nice

next is cleaning the rivets and shoes on the other side
will up date when i'm done

IT FEELS GOOD TO MAKE THINGS WORK AGAIN

tommy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-i-just-got-a-jungle-queen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.