Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oryx_desoldering_pump.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raijin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

burnt connector CN8 (GI lighting)...

DE Tommy... when i bought it ...it had burnt marks on CN8...only thing that didn't work one string of GI backbox lights. i didn't worry... some backbox lights out...who cares???

it wasn't on route...i would just use the machine lightly (thinking ..less use...less wear on GI connectors ...turn my game off after done)

well... after having/playing it for 2 months i start noticing that the connector had gotten darker and darker with each play/start up. and now some GI lights are now out on the playfield. i removed connector CN8 and it fell apart in my hands.

so the question is??
    how hard is it to replace male pins on the board? (newbie here...be easy)

or if anybody lives in south jersey area and wants to show me how to replace pins...i'll buy ya a case of beer.

anybody have thoughts about rottendog boards?? seems like a mixed popular review.

#3 13 years ago

well ...from i've read. DE GI CN8 connector is just a bad design. now what i dont know is ...are the IDC connectors the problem or too much elect. flow thru the pins occurred by too many lights on one loop (bad design)???

read... bad about both.

i think i will be using LED GI lighting in every pin in the future (DE or not) ..less power.

my post isnt to discourage any soon-to-be DE buyers. DE has great games TFTC, JP, Tommy, GnR...many more.

just heads up on CN8 connector and pins!!!!

so how do you remove/desolder a 8 bank of pins at once???
    do they come out one by one?

#5 13 years ago

k. just didn't know if there was enough heat from soldering gun to remove 8pins at once. i guess i'll figure it out.

well... i have a 9 pin connector. but the 5th pin isn't used. has a polarizing key in the 5th. so when i order the male 9 pin connector ...do i just clip/cut the 5 pin (both boardside and outward) then install/solder to board. ..and then install...the 4-key-4 male?

will be replacing female IDC connector aswell.

i'm just iffy on the board/male.

#7 13 years ago

thx maldoror.

but when get the new 9 male pin bank ....do i clip/cut the un-used pin (#5) both bottom and top of pin? if so with what tool...to make a clean cut.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raijin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-i-fell-victim-to-de-design?tu=raijin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.