(Topic ID: 321441)

Well crap... Teen Daughter wrecked her car.

By uncivil_engineer

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Applause2 copy.gif
    63B5BF4D-F98A-444A-9C52-300A6ED41846 (resized).jpeg
    E79A13B6-DE8B-41AC-B0D2-C5021EF3E886 (resized).jpeg
    FBC01BEE-24FD-48E6-8506-03B6B8512F5C (resized).jpeg
    20220715_142241 (resized).jpg
    20220713_115613 (resized).jpg
    crash (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F6E9F960-6435-446E-AEFE-FBEE6E445174 (resized).jpeg
    BAD428FD-0F2F-4DF7-8EFC-5BAC0FF27FDB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BriannaWu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

As requested…
    The door still opens and closes, but grinds a bit. I don't know if the door pillar is bent. Even if I had a door and fender, there is damage by the door plate that will need a body shop to fix.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

First of all, I'm glad your daughter is okay.

Secondly, I restore classic Porsches. This is a *really* bad spot for damage, and I'd be surprised if there's no frame damage. At the least, it's going to need to go on a frame machine to verify that it's not bent.

Don't **** around on this and keep driving it. Please especially don't let a kid drive it. There are a million things that could be damaged that could lead to a worse accident. Suspension, brakes. Hell, you could have a bearing lock up.

Think of it like a pinball machine. Neglected maintenance is how machines get routed. A car is an even more tightly set of integrated systems.

Frame damage = misalignment. Which means suspension not working right. Which can mean brakes not working well. Which means increased wear on every part of the system.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

You're lucky if you found a car that recent to get parts from. Last time I went to the local scrap yard, most of the cars were 15 or more years old.

This is definitely the way to go for Hyundai body panels.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BriannaWu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/well-crap-teen-daughter-wrecked-her-car?tu=BriannaWu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.