(Topic ID: 321441)

Well crap... Teen Daughter wrecked her car.

By uncivil_engineer

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Applause2 copy.gif
    63B5BF4D-F98A-444A-9C52-300A6ED41846 (resized).jpeg
    E79A13B6-DE8B-41AC-B0D2-C5021EF3E886 (resized).jpeg
    FBC01BEE-24FD-48E6-8506-03B6B8512F5C (resized).jpeg
    20220715_142241 (resized).jpg
    20220713_115613 (resized).jpg
    crash (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F6E9F960-6435-446E-AEFE-FBEE6E445174 (resized).jpeg
    BAD428FD-0F2F-4DF7-8EFC-5BAC0FF27FDB (resized).jpeg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Not bad for a couple of hours of work. The only thing I discovered that may be an issue is that the bumper cover tabs are broken on the divers side. It looks like some one used silicon sealant to glue the bumper on. I need to figure out how to re-attach the cover.

63B5BF4D-F98A-444A-9C52-300A6ED41846 (resized).jpeg63B5BF4D-F98A-444A-9C52-300A6ED41846 (resized).jpeg
    #52 1 year ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Not bad for a couple of hours of work. The only thing I discovered that may be an issue is that the bumper cover tabs are broken on the divers side. It looks like some one used silicon sealant to glue the bumper on. I need to figure out how to re-attach the cover.
    [quoted image]

You really lucked out finding the two pull-parts so easily. Looks like a great fit, and the color is close as well! Don't forget to figure out the KEY situation, since the new door will need a different key than the car had originally. (The minor banged rocker panel may be a subtle reminder to drive carefully on these crazy California roads!)

#53 1 year ago

I remembered the key. Luckily the door lock cylinder was just held in by a single bolt. I had to unclip a sensor, remove the bolt, and it twisted right out from the inside. It took me a half our to figure out, and about two minutes to actually change it out.

#54 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Applause2 copy.gifApplause2 copy.gif

And from what I see in the picture the colour is a good match.

#55 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I recently had the same broken tab issue and found a lot of Youtube videos how to fix them. Apparently, it's a common problem.

#56 1 year ago

This stuff is pricey but creates a very strong bond.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-3-oz-Marine-Fast-Cure-Adhesive-Sealant-PN05220/100571784

#57 1 year ago

I've had good luck stitching plastic bumpers together with zip ties. You need better ones than they sell on Amazon so they don't weaken to UV light but if you use a light color nobody would even notice.

Work so far looks great.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

I've had good luck stitching plastic bumpers together with zip ties. You need better ones than they sell on Amazon so they don't weaken to UV light but if you use a light color nobody would even notice.
    Work so far looks great.

The way the bumper lines up, a couple of 3/4" sheet metal screws on each side would work. However I don't think I want to have the screws showing.

#59 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Looking great so far right on there wasn't any clips from the old one you took off guess not hey

#60 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Agree with others. I’ve made more than my share of epoxing parts like that on my and customer cars over the years.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.