61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Count me in! Im so glad Michigan turned out to be such a great place for pinball!

Cold winters= lots of bowling alleys
Lots of Polish people= lots of bowling alleys
Lots of bowling alleys= lots of pinball machines

Bare in mind, I'm talking about 70's, 80's, 90's in this case, not the present.

I'm in the club!

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

Are there any arcades in the Detroit area with both WOZ and STLE to play? I'm also still looking for a recommendation for a dealer that offers good deals on either or both, and provides reliable service. Thanks in advance...

Marvin's in Farmington Hills and The Arcade in Brighton each have both.

2 weeks later
#186 10 years ago

Hey Guys-

I need a new pin and soon!! haha. I sold of JM and ES over winter break. I thought I'd be able to snag something else without a problem since I had time to look. There was nothing, and I mean nothing. So, here's where I am:

AVLE Hulk-- Advantage: The seller is willing to meet me in Columbus, OH. Disadvantage: This would still be quite a drive for the both . Other advantages: He's ready to move on and priced to sell with mods and it's a game I really want.

IM-- Advantages: Local, another game that I've liked the more I've played it. I still think it's overhyped, but it seems like a fun in your face game to have for a while. Disadvantages: While pretty nice for a routed game, I've never had a Stern that wasn't HUO. I don't know how well they hold up. Also a reimport from Canada. I don't know if that's a big deal or not. Plus I can get it for a little better price than his best price here.

AC/DC Premium: Advantages: Local. In fact, Pen is very close. Disadvantages: I've given it a couple of chances to grow on me while playing in the wild and it's just never connected with me. Some say the game takes time. On the other hand, it might never happen. I'm more of a "that's a pretty sweet shot to take and I like they physics of it or how the ball looks as it's moving" than "Can I figure out these complicated rules?" But I do like games that grow on me. It's kind of like music. The easily digestible stuff sounds catchy, but is short lived. Well-written and performed songs stay with you for a lifetime.

Ron B- Are you really thinking about selling Astro's JM? I inquired about that one and then boom, it was gone. While I sold JM, I really do think it was a mistake and I miss it. And Astro's seems marginally better than mine, especially with the redecaled reds.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

All good choices. I'd say (if you like AC/DC even a little) go for PEN's. If I had the cash I would. In fact even better; You buy PEN's and then I'll buy it from you when you're done.....unless you're done in 6 months.

Haha. You don't even know me that well and yet you know that about me. YES! I turn them over quickly. My wife has a funny way of bringing that up to. I'm almost getting self-conscious about it- haha

3 weeks later
#322 10 years ago

Hulk has landed in Canton, MI. Just picked up TAVLE Hulk and absolutely thrilled. I've wanted one since it came out. This is one of those "I don't care what anyone else thinks" situations. I play all the newer Sterns at The Arcade and they have ALL of them. No matter what, the Hulk kept drawing me back and drawing me back. Very, very happy to be an owner.

2 weeks later
#444 10 years ago

No expo for me this year. It really stinks. I committed to chaperone for my school's Washington D.C. trip this year. And while I'm happy to help out, I'm really going to miss this the expo. The good news is that there are other options now that I might take a chance on instead, like the Zoo or the Museum. The irony is that pinball serves as a diversion for me from teaching in a middle school in today's stressful education climate (keeps me from turning to things like alcohol instead). And instead of doing something pinball related on the weekend, I get to go on a trip WITH MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!! AHHHHHH. But seriously, the kids who sign up to go aren't typically behavior problems, so it shouldn't be that bad. Might actually be fun.

2 months later
#554 9 years ago

Hey Bax-- I'll be there on Saturday as well. We live pretty close to each other as well. I'm in Canton.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.