61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Thought it was time for us Michigander's to have our own spot to discuss Michigan related activities, which could include, well, anything happening within our state.

Even if you're from a surrounding state, please feel free to join in if you have something to contribute.

Weather it's shows, parties, buy/sell/trade, someone needing help with a repair, you get the idea.

I would like to thank a couple of Michigan Pinside friends I've made during the last year, tamoore and Astropin, for helping me out in various aspects. They're good people!

Let's get the party started!

Upcoming 2014 Events:

Tournaments/Leagues:

Rosie O' Grady's-Chesterfield Pinball League

Avoid the winter blues, join the new Rosie O'Grady's-Chesterfield Pinball League for a chance to win $200! Best of all, you don't have to be a 'pinball wizard' to join since this fun event will give out random prizes during league nights. Rosie's will also have $2 PBR and Bud/Bud Light buckets 6 for $12.

The league will accommodate six teams of four members, which will meet on Tuesdays at 7 PM for four weeks. There is only a one time league fee of $5 per person and the games will be set to free play during league nights.

If you are interested in joining, you MUST sign up first by emailing [email protected]

The league Facebook page is facebook.com/rosiespinball

We are hoping to have our first league night on Jan 7th.
********************************************************************************************************************************
The Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids

Starting this month, the Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, MI will be holding monthly pinball tournaments the second Sunday of each month at 5pm. Our first tournament is Sunday, January 12th. Entry fee is $5 and all entry fees are paid out to the top 3 players. Tournament starts at 5pm and will be head to head matches, double elimination with the matches and machines to be chosen at random by computer. If there are 16 or more players we will switch to single elimination. All players will receive IFPA points if you care about that kind of thing.
Here is a link to the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/493183004113530/

Pyramid Scheme has 22 machines available for play everyday from 4pm - 2am and all are set to $.50/play (except WoZ which is $.75/play). You can see a list of all the machines here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/the-pyramid-schemebar-967-grand-rapids-mi-united-states

********************************************************************************************************************************
"The Arcade" in Brighton

If anyone wants to join the new league forming at "The Arcade" in Brighton the first league night is Friday Jan 24th.

Here is a bunch more info on how to sign up etc.

http://michiganpinball.com/thearcade

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here's something for Michigan: Mark your calenders: May 24th.
Pinball, video, slots, beer, Pro BBQ, Live music....
More info soonish....

Did you get a slot machine? Or did you mean something else?

Pro BBQ and Live music? Man, your parties are getting better all the time! I'm definitely planning on making it.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out, and I'll check in there from time to time.

I thought it might useful to have a Pinside thread, for those of us who frequent this site.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Also, mark your calendars for May 16-18th as well

For?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

You can play games you've only seen pictures of.

Something I know all too well being stuck up here in "no pin land".

I'm making it a point this year to hit some events and parties, would like to play something newer than the Stern IJ & POTC at the local mini-golf!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

if anyone has preferred vendors with good deals on new machines

Hemi out of Muskegon can hook you up, I believe.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I think mrbally is referring to this:
http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

Road trip!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

MrBally will also be happy to know that I now have a Bally Room. 100% Dedicated to Bally gaming machines.

Pics! Or yur' just yappin'!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

I had a hellofa time getting to work this morning! Roads weren't plowed and by the time I figured that I made a big mistake by going out I couldn't turn around. I think we got 8-10 with large drifts.

Pretty nasty up here in the NE sector as well. I'm self-employed, so I can be late, but I still have to get out there and deliver the goods. I need a new job.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Perfect day to start this.

I choose.......................Ugh!

That'll be my word for the day.

#54 10 years ago

Handy site here if you need to travel to certain areas and want to actually *see* what the road conditions are. Also alerts to accidents and construction.

http://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/cameraviewer.aspx?show=det

livecam.jpglivecam.jpg
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

It's only good for the larger cities in the state. Need some of those cameras up north especially in the Flint area as they seem to get hit the hardest.

If you click on "Other", it brings up cameras scattered thru-out the state. Doesn't say which city it is on all of them, but it does on most. Also, if you click on "go to" under Traffic Incidents, it will take you to that incident area with an over head view of cameras. You can then move around the state with the creepy little hand.

It's pretty safe to say that the whole state is a mess today.

#67 10 years ago

I'm going to list events and tournaments for the year with links, if applicable, in my original post. That way people can quickly find what's happening and when, instead of searching through numerous postings.

If you have something you'd like included, just post it and I'll include it.

Thanks!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Am I late to the party? Better late then never.

Hopefully this party goes for a while. I know there's a lot of Michigan folk on Pinside.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Entertainment has been booked as well.

AC/DC??

Metallica??

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This is sounding epic. I may have to pitch a tent....wait, that came out wrong.

Careful, or Centerflank will *pop* up!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's an act that will be fitting for an outdoor BBQ.

Vanilla Ice!

On second thought...........

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

I'm also still looking for a recommendation for a dealer that offers good deals on either or both, and provides reliable service. Thanks in advance...

Good info here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-distributor-share-your-story#post-1364682

#109 10 years ago

Updated my original post to include events & tourneys/leagues.

If there are others that I'm not aware of, please let me know and I'll include them.

Thanks!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Once your in there is no getting out... at least not alive

Are you talking about downtown Detroit?

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There most certainly was a secret knock to get admitted to Flipper City.

Was it three loud cracks on the door?

#118 10 years ago

Doing a road trip tomorrow (Sat.) to tamoore's to meet up with Astropin and trade my JP for his JM.

Of course I'll also hang out and play pins, with some new ones I've never played before, Diner & Baywatch.

Should be a good day, and I need a break!

So what interesting activities do the rest of you Michigan guys have planned for this weekend?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Replacing the radiator on my car. The extreme cold on Tuesday did her in.
A real pita as the front end of the car has to come off.

That doesn't sound like much fun, or interesting!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Let's see. Cleaning, removing wallpaper, installing curtains, putting things away etc etc.

Or that!

I'll be sure to have as much fun as I can, in honor of you guys!

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh nevermind...Looks like I'll be chasing some bats around in the basement

BATS!?! For real? Just get a Scared Stiff & MB and have a theme going!

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Doing a road trip tomorrow (Sat.) to tamoore's to meet up with Astropin and trade my JP for his JM.
Of course I'll also hang out and play pins, with some new ones I've never played before, Diner & Baywatch.

Made the trip, on the icy side and running late, but made it. Did a quick swap of pins and then it was fun time! Played pins until late while enjoying some *adult* beverages. Got to play Diner & Baywatch for the first time, two fun games for sure! tamoore's gameroom is really shaping up nicely, looking forward to the party coming up.

Now I have Johnny in my home, kicking my ass! Very challenging game to say the least, but I like it that way. Should keep me interested for a while. Astropin did a great job applying those cab decals, game looks very nice all around!

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

My initials still on the JM or did Tamoore follow through by resetting them after I left. Great guy with some nice games, glad you had the time to go up there and meet up with him.

Didn't notice the high scores on tamoore's JM when I was there last weekend.

I do recall seeing him making *adjustments* on some of his pins the next morning after that last party.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like this machine was either thoroughly shopped recently or was never played a lot. The underside of the playfield is CLEAN. Even the subway system is clean and clear.

I shopped it when I first got it, including subway, and then did a few light cleanings after including just days before the trade. Wasn't played a lot the last 6 mos.

Quoted from Astropin:

Going to add a lot more LED's as well.

Holy crap, you must like your games to light up the whole basement! I believe I did all the inserts with LED's, but topside still has a few incandescent bulbs here and there.

#144 10 years ago

Club is open for the weekend!

Now serving my famous "Big Meat Chili" (well famous to my family & friends).

Also serving a variety of rums, sorry if it's not your drink of choice, it's what I prefer.

And of course a few pins to pass the time.

So what's everyone else enjoying tonight?

IMG_0744.JPGIMG_0744.JPG IMG_0740-232.JPGIMG_0740-232.JPG
#145 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

So what's everyone else enjoying tonight?

Nothing? Nobody?

Should I close up early tonight?

C'mon Michigan! Don't make me feel like I'm the only one playing pin, drinking & checking Pinside on a Friday night.

Wow, I need to get a life!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I got the LED's & Super Bands for JP and put those in.

That was quick! Pics?

I put LED's in the slings on Johnny. Did you leave them out on purpose? Game plays super-fast! I had to jack up the ass on RR, it seemed so slow after playing Johnny!

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Some people swear by skiing or snowboarding, but I tell ya what...pinball is the cure for Michigan winter!

The biggest plus, imo, is you can stay warm!

Sounds like you guys all had a good time last night, sucks being way up here in Alpena, too far to do a quick trip. At least tamoore is only 1-1/2 hrs. away, so I consider that a quick trip.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Video of the Ann Arbor pinball museum, which is about 4 miles directly south of the Arcade. About 200 machines set up and restored.
» YouTube video

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Definitely would like to make it down there.

#160 10 years ago

Tourney coming up as mentioned in another thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tri-city-pinball-tournament-coming-to-mid-mi#post-1391359

TriCityTourney.jpgTriCityTourney.jpg

#161 10 years ago

Also The Arcade in Brighton is having it's 1st coming up on the 24th:

http://michiganpinball.com/thearcade

thearcade.jpgthearcade.jpg

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

If you are a single player or even a group, you're more than welcome to join us tonight at Rosie's in Chesterfield! We have some open teams that would love to have you join!

Sorry, I didn't realize you still had openings or I would have mentioned it.

I do have your info in my original post of this thread.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Also still looking for a Whrilwind.

There's one in Bay City on CL.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

RARE!!!!! Only 7300 ever made!!!

Better jump on it then!

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Humm.. Maybe I'll stop by and look on the way home tonight.

Didja' get it?

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Trade deal has been made.

Kicking out Elvira?

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The guys in Bay City are getting a pretty nice game, IMO.....

Yeah they are! I'll miss her too, but WW is a great game as well.

Quoted from PEN:

HUO AC/DC Prem. for sale. Thread just started....$5,900 OBO. Trades considered plus cash my way.

How about a nice JM and $3k?

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Wow....that was quick. JM kicking your ass that much?

Nahhh, I was just being silly. Thought that might get your attention!

Yeah it's kicking my ass, but I'm learning to kick back a little. Learning the flow and shots of the game is half the fun, actually completing the modes is the other half.

Hooked up my external sub to it, it's got decent bass if you turn up the volume on the pin a bit, like 13-15.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have already purchased about 150 dollars worth of replacement parts to fix up the Whirlwind... This hobby is great!!!!

Yeah, it's great! I just dropped $168 for Shadow plastics, $175 for Aurich's translight package, $575 for new ramps & brass plating from Chestnut, $110 for LED's......I better stop adding up now, before I get sick.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ron B- Are you really thinking about selling Astro's JM?

No, I was just kidding, I just got it less than 2 weeks ago. I think it'll be a while before I want to let it go. Or as Astropin would say, "This one is NEVER leaving!"

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Looking for pins in the 1800-2200 range.

-Todd.

Don't you already have about 20 that fall in that range?

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I am in livonia and hope to join this club!!

I have a brother that lives in Livonia, and you can join this club if you mop the floors every Sat. night!

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's complicated.

I believe Denise Richards used that term before.....

denise-richards-is-complicated.jpgdenise-richards-is-complicated.jpg
#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I am really getting hooked on pins and think I may get rid of some of my arcades to make more room

I've heard that before!

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Where did you pick that up at?

Hmmmm, Bay City maybe?

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Still have to make the swap (Sunday, maybe).

Didja' get it?

I suppose if you did I'm guessing you're playing the crap out of it, and smacking the lockdown bar every time it drains!

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Not sure if any of you saw the posting in Ann Arbor Craigslist for a TZ for 330.

IF that was real, someone got the steal of the decade! I can imagine the guys email account exploded!

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yep. Astropin and I went and got it.

Cool! I'd like to have one of those myself someday!

Congrats!

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When I did and we started discussing certain scenes, I recall his words; That is SO hot.

Yup, definitely some good scenes in that one!

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from thadawkins:

Even bigger thanks to Tom for the trade.

Who's Tom?

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Six hour tear down, deep clean and rebuild tonight. It's looking pretty good.

Good show old man!

You don't waste any time, do you? Looks good.

Look forward to playing it sometime in the near future.

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Heck yeah. What upsets me is that I took Friday off to accept delivery.

A whole day wasted waiting on someone, and all it would have took is a quick phone call. I feel your anguish!

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from suave84:

I'm only 5 miles from Michigan. Can I join?

Sure, c'mon in!

Just so you know, out-of-stater's have to supply the beer!

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

When we had some Amish guys do some work on our hardwood floors, they loved playing pinball.

Isn't that a sin for the Amish? Or were they playing some old bagatelles?

Quoted from TWeaver:

I'd also like to be an honorary member of club Michigan.

You don't have to be "honorary" to be here, but like I stated before, all out-of-stater's have to bring the beer!

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You wouldn't recognize downtown Flint these days... The Genesee Bank/Genesee Tower was imploded several weeks ago. Also, The IMA auditorium, which became part of Auto World and housed it's IMAX Theater is gone as well. So is Buick City.

Flint has been invaded by self-aware robots.......

#292 10 years ago

But seriously.....neat to watch.......

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Did a news interview today about my undercab lighting, it will be aired tomorrow morning WWMT 3.

Good story they did! How did news channel 3 find out about it?

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well.....I found one. It's going to be a serious restoration project! I'll probably post something up.....when I'm done

Post some pics now! Or start a restoration thread, I'd be interested in following along.

Say, how did you find out about that SW anyway?

#351 10 years ago

Funny, when I was talking to Astropin last Thursday about that LAH I said I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on CL for $3k. Man, I was way off!

Quoted from Solach:

disappointing to someone like me who is looking for my first pin and is trying to find a half way decent pin with a tight budget.

Like Rock said, get to some events and meet people and let it be known what you're looking for.

I'm stuck way up here in Alpena and there's not much around, but I have scored some decent pins by talking to a lot of people. Two of mine came from a local mini-golf place, one I found in a local store, two I scored from placing a "Pins Wanted" ad on CL, just did a trade with a fellow Pinsider, etc. etc. Stay patient and don't overpay because it's convenient. It'll happen, and before you know it you're out of space! (And $$)

#385 10 years ago

Ad says "Looking to sell in preparation for a move". Maybe Pam plans on *moving on* with as much $$ as possible before her hubby returns from yet another overseas *business trip*.

Never know, she might take $5k cash for that MM!

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Also we limit the number of people coming to a set number.

If you don't mind my asking, what is the set number for each day?

I'm seriously considering going on Saturday, so I'm just curious as to how many people may be there. Not that it really matters, as it's not the general public.

#409 10 years ago

So what are my fellow Michiganders doing tonight/this weekend? And I mean fun wise, not clearing snow & ice from the gutters or painting a room (unless it's cool or pinball related).

Myself, I'm continuing my Shadow project which is going on 4 months (perfect winter for this!). Starting to repopulate the pf, pain in the ass but starting the home stretch.

Of course playing pinball as well, but that's every weekend.

IMG_0766.JPGIMG_0766.JPG
#410 10 years ago

Also just found the official Michigan State map.Michigan Explained-469.jpgMichigan Explained-469.jpg

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Started shopping out a buddies Banzai Run...I think the dirt is holding this subway trough together And the tape, and the fiberglass repair....
Keith

20140219_222238.jpg 264 KB

Looks like a mouse is living in there!

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Tonight went to Marvin's and to the Arcade near Brighton to play some location pinball. Seen a few fellow pinsiders at each place.

I wish I lived closer to these places, but my projects would probably never get done!

#441 10 years ago

Some interesting tidbits about Hyperball, they actually thought they'd sell 50,000 of these!

Pulled from ipdb.org:

"According to Williams production records, the initial sales forecast for Hyperball was 50,000 units. However, it was not long before that number had to be scaled back drastically, because the game was not selling as predicted. By this time, more cabinets (and backboxes) had already been made than what would be required for the final production run quantity. The backbox for this game was unique and required a short backglass. The excess backboxes would later be used for the production runs of Defender, Time Fantasy, and Firepower II."

Manufacturer data for Hyperball:
BOM cost per game: na
Production Start Date: Dec-30-1981
Production End Date: May-28-1982
Total quantity produced: 5,000
Quantity sold: 4,444
Price to Distributor: $2150.00

And a quote about Rapid Fire:

'Rapid Fire' was Bally's response to Williams' 1981 'Hyperball'. The pre-production working name of this game was 'Cross Fire'.

At Chicago Expo 2009, former President of Williams Electronics Michael Stroll said that at the time of this game's making, Williams referred to it as "Operation Xerox".

Love the 80's promotion material!

Hyperball.jpgHyperball.jpg
#452 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I can't handle crowded shows either. the chaos that ensues makes it a non-fun experience for me, so i avoid shows with big numbers. especially shows that get their big numbers from the general public.

Same here, I even hate someone standing close to me in line at the convenience store. Get out of my 'bubble'!.

Your show is sounding better and better to me every time you talk about it. I think it's time to order up a ticket!

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I make my GF dress up like that for me sometimes, even though it was long before she was born, lol.

The 80's were long before your GF was born?? And you make her dress up like that??

High Five!

JackAssHighFive.gifJackAssHighFive.gif

You too ladies!
High-Five-For-Glory-Of-Man-Kind.jpgHigh-Five-For-Glory-Of-Man-Kind.jpg

1 week later
#472 10 years ago

Spotted this on the N.MI CL:

"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)
Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."

Might be a good idea if you can find people who would put their machines in your location, other than your typical op. Traverse City is somewhat isolated but a beautiful area to visit in the summer, I used to live there for about 6 years.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

After an hour of shoveling, the path was created. After Monday's melting, it looked really good (pic 1). This being Michigan, a snowstorm hit (pic 2). With me and the 1-year-old sick, I stayed inside today and the wifey did me a solid favor (pic 3).

Yup, another winter blast. Really getting tired of this crap, although we didn't get hit anywhere near as bad as you did.

Great wife you have there!

1 week later
#481 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Heya tamoore, do you mind posting a link to your party thread? Not sure I knew that existed.

Since tamoore is asleep at the keyboard, I'll post it for him:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-annual-red-rocket-arcadefinal-quarter-bar-spring-arcade-event#post-1446882

It will be a good time for sure, as the last few were. I plan on attending.

#482 10 years ago

Just a little reminder from the first page of this thread.

Quoted from RonB:

Upcoming 2014 Events:

April 3-6; Michigan Pinball Expo http://www.mipinball.com/

April 24-26; Pinball at the 'Zoo http://pinballatthezoo.com/

May 16-18; Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

May 24; tamoore's Pinball & BBQ Party with Live Music in Grayling

2 weeks later
#500 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Count me in on the Michigan thread.

Welcome, and you'll be wanting more pins for sure!

As Mr. Bally stated, try to make John Dayhuff's party, great collection!

I'll be at PATZ as well, but on Sat.

1 week later
#530 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Ron Kruzman, he is incredibly busy and does outstanding work.

Next time I do a major project, I'm going to contact him.

Now that my Shadow is all together and after seeing the pics of that cc'd Shadow that was for sale earlier this week, I wish I would've had him cc mine!

#539 10 years ago

See you guys at the 'zoo! Heading out shortly to stay the night at tamoore's, and then we head off in the morning with Astropin.

And remember, what happens at the 'zoo........

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Alright who got the Banzai Run for $80 up in Petosky, Michigan?

I called about 5 minutes too late this morning. I was the second caller and they were "holding it" for someone until 12. I was 1-1/2 hrs. away but took the gamble to go anyway, in case of a no-show. Got there at 10:30 and the guy was already there looking at it and said "Yeah I'm taking it". My heart sunk.

It was the real deal alright, dirty, a little insert wear, some scuffs on the cabinet but looked to be complete, and for $80 it was the steal of the year (decade?). It was donated to the Salvation Army, where it was located, in case anyone wants to know.

The guy is from West Branch and is not on here as far as I know. He has a few pins, not much experience and only planned on stripping it for parts as he told me "Parts are expensive on e-bay." I told him not to do that, it's worth a lot more than that and there's cheaper places to get parts as I gave him a few sources.

Real nice guy and we talked for a while, exchanged phone numbers, I told him about a few upcoming parties (tamoore's & vfw) and he seemed real interested in trying to attend. I was glad it was going to someone that wasn't planning on just flipping it, and I might have made a new friend that I can help out in this hobby.

Of course I was bummed and really wish I could have boasted that I got the deal, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Instead of starting a bidding war with the guy I just let him take it and possibly made a new friend instead of an enemy.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Bravo. Sometimes it's just plain good for the soul to take the high road. Karma might come back to repay you. If you believe in that sort of thing.

Not sure if Karma will come back around for me or not, doesn't matter as I've gotten good deals in the past. I sleep good at night knowing I didn't steal, cheat, lie or rip anyone off today.

It did eat at me for a few days how close I was to scoring a smoking deal, and thinking "I should've done this or that", but I've shook it off. It was easier knowing this guy will enjoy it instead of just putting it back on CL for $4k.

#550 9 years ago

Yeah I'm not surprised, guess he knew more than he was letting on or he did some research.

That's the one alright, that's his phone # and I remember now the backglass is missing. One thing I thought wasn't right, he loaded it into his open pickup truck without any cover in the pouring rain. Not sure but I don't think driving in pouring rain for a few hours is too good for a pin.

Oh well, I guess the lure of easy money is hard to resist. I would have at least gotten everything working and played it for a while before selling/trading.

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'll be there Saturday as well. I'll be the dorky looking pinhead...............

flounder.jpg 6 KB

Ummmm, I don't think you're going to stand out.

1 week later
#561 9 years ago

Reminder for tamoore's party next Saturday, May 24th.

Shaping up to be a good time!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-annual-red-rocket-arcadefinal-quarter-bar-spring-arcade-event#post-1652331

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Had a great time tonight at Clay's Pinball Museum. Clearly the best place to play pinball in Michigan.

Bought a ticket for tomorrow (Saturday) about a month ago but unforeseen circumstances, most importantly my son having surgery today, have caused me to forgo this visit and will hopefully make the next event.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

We all hope everything works out well for your son. You will be there in spirit. Save your paypal receipt, while I cannot speak on behalf of the VFW management, hopefully, we can work something out for you at a future event.

Thank You, Mr. Bally. My son came out ok from his surgery.

I'm not worried about the ticket fee I paid for the Sat. event, consider it a donation.

There's more to life than pinball, it's called family.

3 weeks later
#572 9 years ago
Quoted from bartoparcades:

Oxford checking in!

Welcome! Grab a drink and enjoy!

That's what I'm doing, anyway.

1 week later
#574 9 years ago

So what other events are coming up this year, so that I may add them to the 1st page calendar? I heard tamoore is having another huge bash this fall, maybe he can confirm?

#576 9 years ago

You tell me!

Seriously, your last party was a blast! It meant a lot to me that my son won the "amateur" trophy, very generous of you to give away trophy's and throw such a great party!

1 week later
#577 9 years ago

EDIT:

So I was drinking one night.....

Made some mindless ramblings and deleted them.

Also changed the thread title....then changed it back, sorry 'bout that! I should know better than to change things when I've been drinking late on a Friday night!

#578 9 years ago

Edit: Deleted the link to Michigan's website, I was sounding like a travel agent.

Thumbs down guys? What's offensive, so I know. The link to Michigan's website or the pic of a cheerleader?

Michigan girl gets a hand.jpgMichigan girl gets a hand.jpg

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best thing I saw when I went to Michigan

Detroit Kelly061.jpg 40 KB

Was this in your room or your buddy's?

Ewww, look at her nails!

1 month later
#585 9 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

Detroit Pinball Pub Crawl - Gauging interest

Sounds like a good time! Too far for me, but I'm sure there's plenty down there that would be interested.

Good luck!

4 weeks later
#586 9 years ago

I have my Shadow up for trade still. Some very good offers have come in but I'm really only looking to trade for an AC/DC or Metallica.

Everything works fine and there's no hacks on the boards. I spent many hours on this and at least $1800 on parts and brass plating by Mike Chestnut. For more details and many pics you can view my restoration thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/me-and-my-shadow-an-amateur-restoration

Since that thread I've also installed a new left ramp diverter mech assembly and new pf glass.

I really enjoy this game as it kicks my ass, but it's time for a change to my small collection. I can bring this to tamoore's party on Sept. 27th in Grayling to do a trade if this helps ( saves 3 hours round-trip for you and you can party! ).

Thanks,
Ron B.

IMG_0891.JPGIMG_0891.JPG IMG_0883.JPGIMG_0883.JPG IMG_0884.JPGIMG_0884.JPG IMG_0870.JPGIMG_0870.JPG
#588 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Man that is one sweet Shadow!

And you have a nice AC/DC just sitting there not being played! C'mon man!

Actually I'm hoping to get a Metallica, so that way we can trade later on when we need to change things up.

#589 9 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

Detroit Pinball Pub Crawl - Gauging interest

Any progress on this yet?

3 weeks later
#593 9 years ago

Thanks again Todd! Although I'm still feeling a little rough around the edges, I'm glad I was able to attend!

You and Candy make everyone feel welcome, and I believe a good time was had by all. That garage sure was full with pins and people later in the day, nice over-flow spot.

Looking forward to spring!

#598 9 years ago

Did anyone take any pics at the party, I mean other than Gravitar taking pics of all his high scores?

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm too old for that shit.....I actually forget half the time that I'm always carrying a camera in my pocket

Yeah, even when I bring an actual camera with me I usually forget once I've had a few beers and start playing pins and b.s.'ing!

2 months later
#602 9 years ago

Putting my RFM up for sale. Everything works on it and it plays great, has some newer items such as a video amp, speakers, power supply, cooling fan and LED's.

Some cosmetic issues such as scratches in the pf glass, minor insert raising that was covered with mylar (doesn't effect gameplay), and some dumb-ass used epoxy to hold the left ramp switch in place and the shooter coil bracket. You can't see it but it's there.

Just selling to fund a new game, I might consider trades but really looking to get TWD that I've been hearing so much about as I'm a sucker for a theme I love.

Asking $2600 and I think that's fair, myself I think new glass is needed as I can't stand f'in scratches.

I'll supply any and all pics that are requested.

*EDIT*- Pin has been sold

I'm way up here in NE MI which is quite a drive for most, but I'll supply pizza and beer when you show up.

IMG_1248.JPGIMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1249.JPGIMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1250.JPGIMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1254.JPGIMG_1254.JPG

#604 9 years ago

Thanks! I thought I'd post it in this thread first as it was time to try and wake it up again!

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from initfo:

I'll help. I'm looking for trade bait for my T2. Thought I had a tickle on a DM, but that went quiet. Something like that, JD or a S11 game. I'm in Lansing.

Show some pics! Always helps.

#610 9 years ago

Wow, that is nice!

3 weeks later
#615 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

What do you guys think the market for a used Wizard of Oz is like around here?

I believe Chris (thedawkins) in Bay City still has his, he brought it to Todd's fall party when you were there. Might want to ask if he wants to sell it now.

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Ugh. I guess I'm back to considering NIB WoZ or nothing.

A used one with shipping might still net you a decent deal.

Thanks! Still available.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MM had a big sign on it "Rebuilt Flippers!!!!".

Kind of funny that they put a sign on it stating that, like it's a big accomplishment. That's like a gas station putting a sign in the window boasting "Clean Bathrooms!!!".

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sometimes I have to just crap in a plastic bag and throw it out the window of my van.

I feel sorry for the roadside clean-up crew. (and thanks for that visual!)

3 weeks later
#639 9 years ago

Putting up my WWFRR for sale or trade. Pretty decent condition all-around, everything works. Had it for about a year and a half so time to swap it out.

More details and pics to anyone interested.

$2100 or trade for a similar value dmd pin.

IMG_0677.JPGIMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0692.JPGIMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0691.JPGIMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0690.JPGIMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0679.JPGIMG_0679.JPG

#643 9 years ago

Thanks for doing that!

1 month later
#644 9 years ago

Springtime is finally here and it's time to start thinking about pinball events around the state. I compiled a list of what I know of, if there's anything else happening please chime in.

1st up is the MPE April 9-12. More info at www.mipinball.com

MPE.pngMPE.png

2nd is Pinball at the 'Zoo April 23-25. www.pinballatthezoo.com
Don't forget to get your shirt designed by one of the leading pinball t-shirt artist in the world! (well at least Michigan anyway) Great job as always Ryan!

2015zoo.jpg2015zoo.jpg

3rd is the Ann Arbor Pinball Showcase May 15-17 with 250 machines. www.vfwpinball.com

cropped-vfw1mod.jpgcropped-vfw1mod.jpg

4th is tamoore's Spring Arcade Party. This one keeps getting better every year!

RedRocket.jpgRedRocket.jpg

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I love Michigan in the spring. Is there a better pinball season anywhere else? Four awesome events over the course of two months.

It's a great way to get out of the winter blues, that's for sure!

1 week later
#648 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Springtime is finally here and it's time to start thinking about pinball events around the state.

I guess I stand corrected, it's almost spring. But I'm still thinking about upcoming events and I'm in the mood to start having some fun again!

ImFromMichiganAndImSad.jpgImFromMichiganAndImSad.jpg
1 month later
#650 8 years ago

Thanks for donating products Chris! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, I'll be setting up camp tonight.

I'm glad you posted because I forgot I wanted to ask you to bring an undercab lighting kit for my TZ.

See you there!

#652 8 years ago

Thanks Chris!

My TZ came with a new Mirco cc pf, so I'm set there!

Heading to tamoore's shortly!

3 months later
#657 8 years ago

Haven't posted in here in a while, thought I'd try to bring it back to life.

I know there's a few new Michigan pinside members that probably didn't know this existed, and instead of posting general Michigan talk in the for sale thread we *could* use this thread.

Welcome new members! The bar is open.

#658 8 years ago

Upcoming event in two weeks, tamoore's awesome-as-always fall party.

I won't delve into many details as many of you already know all about it, but if Todd wants to add any info he can.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-quarter-bar-3rd-ann-fall-party-sep-26th-n-michigan#post-2676726

tamoore's Fall Party.JPGtamoore's Fall Party.JPG

#659 8 years ago

A few pics from tamoore's last spring party. Which was a blast, as always!

It was a full house!
IMG_1490.JPGIMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1489.JPGIMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1503.JPGIMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1506.JPGIMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1508.JPGIMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1498.JPGIMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1500.JPGIMG_1500.JPG

This guy in the garage looks a little suspicious!

IMG_1486.JPGIMG_1486.JPG

#660 8 years ago

Mr. Bally, get up here and join in on the fun again! But make it earlier next time, I missed meeting you the last time you showed up because I was done for the night after 12+ hours of pinball and partying.

#661 8 years ago

Congrats to Todd Seaver for taking 2nd place at the Cleveland Show, nice job!

Way better than I would do!

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus christ how horrible was the competition down there?!?!?

Having 3 chili dogs before competing helps you get up the ladder quicker, if you know what I mean.

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

You have that right about coney dogs. My secret weapon of choice.

I KNEW it! The last time I was playing a game with you I could hardly see the pf through my watering eyes.

Good show old man!

3 months later
#671 8 years ago

Happy Holidays to all the Michigan pinheads out there, as well as any others peeking in from other states!

SantaPlayingPinball_(resized).jpegSantaPlayingPinball_(resized).jpeg

#673 8 years ago

Anyone else get snowed in today? I believe it was mostly the northern half of the state that got hit, about 8" in my town and 11" up by Rogers City/Cheboygan.

I tried to go to work today, but the place where I park my work truck was having a difficult time trying to clear out the parking lot, too wet and heavy. So I made the best of it and came home, cleared all the snow from my house and played some pinball. (after a nap of course!)

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh Club Michigan...almost forgot about ya.

Yeah I'm kind of a slacker in keeping threads alive, plus the "What's for sale in Mi" thread kind of took over. But I'll try to keep things rolling here, at least during the winter.

Quoted from tamoore:

I was outta the house at 5:15 in the morning... The new 4wd vehicle I got made it all possible. No way the Saturn or G6 were getting out of here...

What did you get?

#681 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Lots of trees down and power out though.

Same around here, high winds on Christmas Eve knocked out power for thousands and some are still without. Luckily I didn't have to deal with that, but I feel bad for them.

Quoted from tamoore:

It's blue. A Ford something or other.

I'll bet it can fit a pinball or two in it, right?

2 weeks later
#684 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Trying to plan a "Full Throttle" party. Heighway Pinball is confident that my pin is going to ship by the end of the month (we'll see). Once I get a confirmation on a ship date, I'll post the date of the party. Just putting feelers out for who is interested.
Later,
Zamp

Sounds good to me, looking forward to playing that as well as I500 & METPREM.

2 weeks later
#691 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Your going to love Indy 500 Ron!

Yes I did! Keep me in mind when you want to sell it in a few months (or weeks).

#693 8 years ago

Anyone else thinking of spring and all the upcoming events?

I know I am, always a great time to be in MI! (spring, not now)

Trivia question: Here's a fellow MI pinsider hard-at-play, who is he and where & when was this photo taken?

Winner will get an un-opened box of incandescent #44 white bulbs!

who_is_this_(resized).jpgwho_is_this_(resized).jpg

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Todd......at his bar around 4ish am at the last spring party?

WINNER!

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh, and you can keep the incandescence......I have a mountain of them!

Yeah me too! Can't even give them away now.

2 weeks later
#712 8 years ago

Thanks for having all of us over Zamp, we had a good time!

8 months later
#722 7 years ago

Just reviving this old thread as some newer members might not know of it, plus it's a good alternative to posting general discussion in the "What's for sale in Michigan" thread.

I've been rather busy with work to keep this thread active, but everyone else is welcome to post all they want.

I know Dayhuff is having his party today, maybe someone can post pics for those of us who were not able to attend.

Thanks,
Ron

1 week later
#738 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Marvin's is awesome. So many things there that you have to revisit just to see everything.

Only been there once, look forward to the next visit!

1 week later
#745 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Ok confirmed on the Toys for Tots vfw event. It's Saturday December 10th, 2016 from 8pm to midnight.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to make this event with my son. We wanted to go a few times to the vfw but something always comes up and prevents us from attending.

Hopefully the stars align and we can make it, plus my brother lives in Livonia so we have a place to stay close by.

Thanks for holding these events Clay!

9 months later
#774 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Tried to post in Michigan sale thread, but pictures disabled there.

If we posted items for sale here, would they disable picture uploads here as well?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=ronb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.