61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I bought one from clay, and have four others. They're good items for the bar.

You can never have too many slot machines. I know the one from Clay is a Williams/WMS. Hope some of the others are Bally.

#14 10 years ago

Also, mark your calendars for May 16-18th as well

#19 10 years ago

A possible pinball event in SE Michigan. Now in the works but could change. Just keep one of those days open if you might want to attend. Will be good if it pans out.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Astropin, start a thread in the EM section about your Roller Coaster. EM's really aren't too hard to work on.

Sometimes it is best for someone to stop in and get it going as well as show the owner some simple tips for future reference. Plus, as a friend of tamoore, he gets it gratis.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

Saugatuck, checking in.

Amazingly, you are not getting as much snow as us as this is not from the Lake Effect™ machine.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

I'm 1.5 miles from the line off of 23.
blockquote>

Trivia: My first dinner date with the gal who became Mrs. Bally was at the then Frisch's Big Boy now known as Ciao! at the Monroe Street exit on US 23.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Do we get a card by joining this club, or is it just a secret knock we need to learn?
Brian from Clinton township reporting in.

There most certainly was a secret knock to get admitted to Flipper City.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Doing a road trip tomorrow (Sat.) to tamoore's to meet up with Astropin and trade my JP for his JM.
Of course I'll also hang out and play pins, with some new ones I've never played before, Diner & Baywatch.
Should be a good day, and I need a break!
So what interesting activities do the rest of you Michigan guys have planned for this weekend?

Replacing the radiator on my car. The extreme cold on Tuesday did her in. Not frozen coolant as I checked it a day earlier since the cold temp warnings were being advised . Coolant mix checked in at -37F.
A real pita as the front end of the car has to come off.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Flipper City was awesome, I can't wait to see the new digs.
I'm sure we have met MrBally, but I am still not sure who you are. hmmmm.

Just ask any of the workers/members and they will point me out.

1 week later
#169 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Better jump on it then!

Must be an LE.

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I remember bumping into another drug rep about 15 years ago and the conversation went like this:Me "Dude! I saw this awesome movie last night. You really need to watch it!"Rep "what was it?"Me "wild things!"Rep "that movie sucked! I turned it off after about 15 minutes!"Me "did you even make it to the first lesbian scene?!?"Rep "first lesbian scene?!? That implies there's more than one?"Me "yup!"Rep "uhhhh, no... I never made it to the first lesbian scene but I'll rerent it tonight!"Me "good man!"

A guy I used to work with told me to watch that movie.

When I did and we started discussing certain scenes, I recall his words; That is SO hot.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Star Trek stuck at Dayton Freight due to delivery truck breakdown. Now I have to wait until Monday.

If it is at the Warren trrminal, consider renting a truck from Home Despot for $40.00 and picing it up Saturday morning. I believe that is a Saturday terminal.

#271 10 years ago

Probably not what you want for a prop:
Gottlieb Queen of Diamonds. Complete. with NOS backglass, bullseye targets and chromed NOS coin door (original painted door in rough shape included) Flaking original BG (6/10) also included. All four bumper caps, while included are badly faded with light bulb burns.

location zip 48188 $1200.00

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Are pinballs allowed in Mishawaka? You're in the middle of Amish country, aren't you?

Ballyhoo '31-'32 models only, also Gottlieb Baffle Ball & Whiz Bang. Rock-Ola Jig Saw and other 100% mechanical games are allowed.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

==[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

I was raised in Flint, so Michigan really owes me some beer as combat pay. Nevertheless, because we Hoosiers are well-mannered folk, I would be happy to bring the beer if I'm ever in your neck of the woods.

You wouldn't recognize downtown Flint these days... The Genesee Bank/Genesee Tower was imploded several weeks ago. Also, The IMA auditorium, which became part of Auto World and housed it's IMAX Theater is gone as well. So is Buick City.

1 week later
#404 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Tamoore, if I was going to MGC I'd help you out no problem. I used to go to MGC a few years back but it got way to crowded and simply outgrew its space. Hopefully this year they have sorted that problem out and I can return to going in 2015.
I miss the show and the people, but don't miss the overcrowding of the past few years.

Agreed, it was too crowded last year. Very difficult to get on any pin to play. Not a very good value for two day passes for my son & I.

1 week later
#447 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Love the 80's promotion material!

Early '80's clubwear on hot girls was the best. Sprinkle in that makeup & hairstyles. Great stuff.

#448 10 years ago

As I've said in other threads, I remember taking the boards out of two Hyperballs, smashing the glass and sledgehammering the cabinets and tossing them in the dumpster. I believ this was in the Spring of 1983. They had zero value, earned nothing and none of the fellow techs wated them. Even at $0.00 I kept the balls for mischeif purposes. Eventually, we tossed the circuit boards into the shitcan as well.

I should have saved the backglass but who knew.

1 week later
#475 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Spotted this on the N.MI CL:
"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."
Might be a good idea if you can find people who would put their machines in your location, other than your typical op. Traverse City is somewhat isolated but a beautiful area to visit in the summer, I used to live there for about 6 years.

I helped clean out Fred Bragenzer's warehouse not too far North of TC (Ironton?). The route op I worked for bought a tuckload of EM's from him in 1983. Video games crashed and pins were now making more than new video games. The op had the bright idea that EM pins would also earn. It was a neat experiment which failed miserably.

3 weeks later
#494 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Count me in on the Michigan thread. I live in Muskegon. Newbie to the pinball scene. Bought my first and only machine so far about 10 months ago. (Firepower) Funny. I've wanted a machine for at least the last 30 years and finally pulled the trigger an bought one. Sad that I waited until I was 60 before I got my first one. Better late than never. Trying to learn repairs as I go, so far so good. Have successfully repaired all issues that I have come across so far. Almost more fun than actually playing. Looking forward to going to the Pinball at the Zoo on the 24th. Nice to have a club Michigan thread. Hope my wife doesn't throw me out as I can see the addiction to this hobby may easily get out of hand. LOL Jack....

For a classic example of an addiction gone crazy, try to make it to John Dayhuff's pre-PATZ party in Battle Creek. If you can't, there is always his Saturday bash in the Fall. And, before Memorial Day is Tamoore's bash near Grayling.

1 week later
#518 10 years ago

Here we go..

3 weeks later
#553 9 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Just got my ticket for Vfw! Going Saturday anyone else going that day? Would be cool to meet some fellow pinheads

Most in attendance will be pinheads. I'll be one of the technicians there in an orange vfw shirt.

1 week later
#565 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Bought a ticket for tomorrow (Saturday) about a month ago but unforeseen circumstances, most importantly my son having surgery today, have caused me to forgo this visit and will hopefully make the next event.

We all hope everything works out well for your son. You will be there in spirit. Save your paypal receipt, while I cannot speak on behalf of the VFW management, hopefully, we can work something out for you at a future event.

7 months later
#635 9 years ago

Ballykid goes to MSU, He told me don't waste my time there. Ann Arbor location has way more pins and they play great. Just like vid says which I agree with as I stop in there every couple of months.

#638 9 years ago

Ballykid was there last night. Besides TWD, they also have a Mustang pin. Unlike TWD, but like a majority of new vehicles purchased, it's a base model; Ecoboost Inline 4 and an Automatic

1 year later
#724 7 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Last week was Dayhuff's party (and what a party it was)! Today Mike Schudel is running his pinballl tournament/fundraiser for Loaves and Fishes. I was there for a moment, donated and played some great pins. Kudos to Mike!

This is the event that you had to buy a machine from him in the past (at regular club prices) to be invited to, correct?

2 months later
#766 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

They do have glass on hand. I saw it the last time I was in the store. They are one of the few real electronics stores left in the area and it is great when you need some random parts. While I was there I asked Mark if they would stock other parts too. I know we can order online but it would be great to have a source we could use to pick them up immediately without the wait.
Robert

Mark is an A#1 guy. I used to work with him when he was in the corporate world.

8 months later
#798 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Really don’t want to handle any money for this event. Handling money slucks would rather handle toys and food goods for the desired organizations. That’s why the refund at the door thing is appealing. PayPal’s card system can manage the Number of people in limited to 100. But it’s kind of a hassle because now requiring people to do three things. One get a ticket. Two get canned goods. Three get a toy. It’s kind of a lot to ask

Agreed....

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Found a PayPal sponser so when can we start reserving a spot and the story on me not having a credit card goes back to the 80's when i was in my roaring twenties and since i had a card the party never stopped til i hit the limit on it after cutting it up and paying it off I've never had one again except for home depot to get money off on certain purchases and immediately pay it off when the bill comes as people say on here cash on the glass is the way to roll

I take it you don’t buy airplane tickets, stay in decent hotels or rent cars?

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I have an awesome sister in law who takes care of booking those and just write her a check for it and pay for the rooms in cash upon checkout CASH IS KING!

Agreed cash is King. For personal hotel stays, Ill pay in cash for single nights. But I have to give a credit/debit card for "incidentals".... Unless i'm part of a prepaid group.

For airfare credit/debit is all that works for me. Same for renting a car from the large firms.

#811 6 years ago

Hope those that are dogging cfh are happy now that the charity event is cancelled.....

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from adania:

Oh no, one of the main reasons i'm flying back to Michigan for Thanksgiving was to attend the VFW event! What's the story? Is there a related thread with more info?

Posts 195/197/199 in this thread caused it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dayhuffs-15th-wow-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's it? That was nothing (for Pinside).

That started it. Then the pm's from a-holes.

#820 6 years ago

Those of us who volunteer to work the event have a good time as well. We're proud of the event and the venue we are part of....

Thanks a lot to those that ruined it.

2 weeks later
#847 6 years ago

The new Flex Lanes on Northbound US 23 were just completed on Monday of this week which provided faster access than ever before for invited VIP guests to the "Black Tie Friday" Charity gala.

20171124_182502 (resized).jpg20171124_182502 (resized).jpg

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

You do realize that you can donate food and toys without having to do so through a pinball show, correct? Heck, you don't even need to have the excuse of Christmas to do it, either.

Screenshot_20171125-123745 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171125-123745 (resized).png

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I heard the toy donations was way up and the food donations slightly down

For the food, yes, weight down slightly. By value, up.

3 months later
#892 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Or probably just me, with my luck. Or maybe VFW will get hit, since I already have my ticket.
Anyway, everybody duck!
https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2018/03/12/wayward-chinese-space-station-crash-michigan/

Meh, Skylab was supposed to crash here in '79 as well. I think some of it landed in Oz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
$ 1,490.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.