61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#310 10 years ago

That was a great interview and great edit by WWMT! You gotta to be proud of this!

Time to start thinking about Pinball at the Zoo. I know lots will wanna buy it there and even better to do an install/seminar to show it off.

#355 10 years ago
Quoted from Solach:

Dude, I saw this ad and I was shaking my head. I understand that they are trying to run a business and they are doing what they need to do to make a profit, but that price is as bad as rape. It's also disappointing to someone like me who is looking for my first pin and is trying to find a half way decent pin with a tight budget. It's like I might have to be forced to overpay on a decent pin because I am not the one trolling all over the place and not getting a chance on a fair deal.

Personally, I strongly recommend PMWolf (Pete Mathis) or Dayhuff (John Dayhuff) if you are planning on buying your first pin. Of course, you are on Pinside so that's a HUGE step in the right direction for getting references. Many Pinsiders will do you well, but no one should be offended if you ask for references here. You plan on spending $1000 or more, you better know what (and how) you are buying.

#356 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have an idea, It will be hard for them to keep buying if they cannot sell any. Would it be a bad idea to flag every ridiculous add that comes from them. I have never flagged an add and I don't know if it would be justified but it's an idea. I won't be doing it but it would not kill me never to see one of their poorly written ad's again.

I would just give it time. Bad business practices can only last so long.

#357 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Since all the local machines are being bought up by the duo in Bay City and some dude in Flint area, and I'm not willing to pay 100% premium on pinball machines right now, I've taken some focus off pinballs and decided to purchase some racing arcades to add to my collection.
Picked up (2) linked California Speed machines over the weekend. They are the deluxe model with the 33" WG monitors. One needs a little work but should turn out to be some pretty nice once they are cleaned up (cap kit, flash drive conversion, etc).
I will also be picking up (2) Hydro Thunders, (1) Final Lap 3, (1) single CA Speed and a WCS94 pin soon.
Might be adding Sega Outrun, and a pair of 4WD Offroad Riot's to the list also.

Man...Vids are such a good deal too if you can haul/pick up. There are machines in Chicago on my "dream" list (DDR, Stun Runner) that are so cheap right now. However, I cannot understand why they can't wait until the weather gets a little better. Drivers and gun games never lose their fun-factor at parties!

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from Solach:

Before aiming on a specific pin based on what I assumed was in my fixed budget (a clean and working WWFRR, $1500) I reached out to Pete and he was kind enough to give me some options on what he had. I am going to try to be patient and keep looking for the pin I want before settling on something I wasn't looking for.

WWFRR is such a great title! I really didn't realize how much fun it was until I played one at Pete's house. Great pick and I think that price range is very reasonable. Good luck with the hunt (and patience is the key - good work)!

2 weeks later
#463 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

I added WCS94 and Johnny Mnemonic to the collection this past week.
WCS94 needs a shop job and there's an 11 pin connector and header that are toast. Also has weak flippers. It's in the process of getting shopped out right now.
Johnny Mnemonic if FILTHY and has some minor issues with the hand. About 90% of the bulbs are in need of replacement.

My WCS is coming next week! YAY!

Also, that JM isn't totally faded so good job scoring one that isn't all yellow on the cab. Gotta get back to digging out my walkout basement so I can get my new pin into the house!

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

I tried digging out my walkout 2 weeks ago. The problem is now getting in the back yard. I've given up...
I can get the pins down the other set of stairs if I take the door knob off, so that works.
This snow really sucks because I have (2) California Speeds with the deluxe 33" monitors waiting to come in. The only way they'll come in is thru the walkout! I have to play them in the garage for now - at least it's heated.

Yep. I hear ya. Here's photo evidence of what I did so far. It's all uphill from here (literally)! My shovel broke too - heavy stuff.

Hey Michiganders, can we NOT buy/sell during these months and wait till the next thaw? I have seen some amazing deals in the past 3 months and I am in no way ready for any of it. Pinball at the Zoo can't come soon enough!

2014-03-06 17.08.39.jpg2014-03-06 17.08.39.jpg 2014-03-06 16.51.00.jpg2014-03-06 16.51.00.jpg
#473 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Spotted this on the N.MI CL:
"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)
Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."
Might be a good idea if you can find people who would put their machines in your location, other than your typical op. Traverse City is somewhat isolated but a beautiful area to visit in the summer, I used to live there for about 6 years.

Oh man. TC has tons of foot traffic during the summer. Location, location, location!

I'll contact him and see and let him know about Pinside and Klov. No reason to pay retail.

#477 10 years ago

After an hour of shoveling, the path was created. After Monday's melting, it looked really good (pic 1). This being Michigan, a snowstorm hit (pic 2). With me and the 1-year-old sick, I stayed inside today and the wifey did me a solid favor (pic 3).

Operation: New pinball on Saturday is now back on in full effect.

Side note: Can everyone with amazing pinball/arcade deals wait for the weather to get better? PLEASE???

2014-03-11 16.11.12.jpg2014-03-11 16.11.12.jpg 2014-03-12 09.46.06.jpg2014-03-12 09.46.06.jpg 2014-03-12 18.19.49.jpg2014-03-12 18.19.49.jpg
4 weeks later
#498 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Thanks MrBally. I've seen a lot of John's photos of his place and previous parties. Would love to go but alas, I work the weekends, 12 hour 3rd shifts Friday & Saturday nights. Semi-retired so that gives me Sun-thurs off. But I am definitely going to PATZ on opening day Thursday. Do you think I would be able to buy pop bumper rebuild parts there for a Firepower? Or is it just lights and such like that.

John's party is the day BEFORE PATZ, so you can totally go if you are free on Wednesday afternoon to evening. Details will be coming soon!

11 months later
#647 9 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

There are people on Facebook that aren't on Pinside, and vice versa. I searched for a Michigan Pinball Collectors page on Facebook and couldn't find one, so I created one. Feel free to join, just search Michigan Pinball Collectors on Facebook. It's another way to network and enjoy the hobby.

Great idea! The Michigan Arcade Group on Facebook is much better/more active/nicer than KLOV right now. Thanks for getting it going there. I'll be searching it out soon!

11 months later
#715 8 years ago

The snow melted - it was a spring warm-up tease! Tax return checks coming in! Let the Michigan buying/selling frenzy begin!

2 months later
#718 7 years ago

Abstract: Went to Richfield Bowl in Flint, MI

TL;DR - Very cool set of pins in great condition

So my family was invited to a bridal shower in Grand Blanc. Scratch that, I wasn't invited (I'm a dude - my wife and kids are not). I did travel with them and had a few hours to kick around while they enjoyed the shower. I remembered seeing SilverSpinner on Pinside here talking about tournaments at Richfield Bowl. Happily, the GPS put me 15 min away so was off to play some pins.

They had a bowling tournament going so the place was hopping! I got $5 in quarters and went to the west end of the building to play some games.

They had a great selection of old and new games in excellent playing condition. No weak flippers that I could feel and the machines where dialed in pretty well. Most were priced between .50 and .75 and there was a phone-app that allowed for virtual payment.

Games I remember off the top of my head (sorry for spelling errors): Centigrade 37, Shrek, Freddy Kruger, Addams Family, The Walking Dead, Nascar, Getaway II, Tron, Rock, Grand Lizard and a few more I cannot remember...

Some machines had speaker mods, lots had LEDs and I bet I missed other cool tweaks done to the machines. Whomever keeps these games in shape should get a medal (hope they are reading this and get my sincerest thanks).

All in all, I had a great time. These games were better than any I have played in any bowling alley. Kudos for Richfield Bowl for supporting the hobby and for those who fix/maintain these games in the wild.

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Those games belong to Andy and Andrew Rosa (silver_spinner and PinWow).
I'll try and swing up there for at least one day of Andy's tournament next month. Any tournament with Palooza in the name is a tournament I've gotta be at!

I should have known! I got a BoP from Andy (through Chris Travis) and it was tuned to the same quality. Great stuff!

5 months later
#723 7 years ago

Last week was Dayhuff's party (and what a party it was)! Today Mike Schudel is running his pinballl tournament/fundraiser for Loaves and Fishes. I was there for a moment, donated and played some great pins. Kudos to Mike!

2 months later
#751 7 years ago

Bumping this thread to anyone in Michigan (or elsewhere) that ever had to shovel a "pin-trench" to where your slider is located. This looks less impressive than when I dug it a few days ago...we are having a February thaw.

This being Michigan, I am expecting 2 more snowstorms before April.

2017-02-07 07.58.40 (resized).jpg2017-02-07 07.58.40 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=marcand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.