61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Also, mark your calendars for May 16-18th as well

Quoted from RonB:

MrBally said:

Also, mark your calendars for May 16-18th as well

For?

IFPA Championships in Colorado of course, DOH!!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Here's something for Michigan: Mark your calenders: May 24th.

Pinball, video, slots, beer, Pro BBQ, Live music....

More info soonish....

A good time to be has by all at Tamoore's place. Highly recommended to visit.

#55 10 years ago

It's only good for the larger cities in the state. Need some of those cameras up north especially in the Flint area as they seem to get hit the hardest.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

Are there any arcades in the Detroit area with both WOZ and STLE to play?

Marvelous Marvin's Mechanical Museum (Farmington Hills)
http://marvin3m.com/

&

The Arcade (Brighton)
https://www.facebook.com/thearcadebrighton

1 week later
#136 10 years ago

My initials still on the JM or did Tamoore follow through by resetting them after I left. Great guy with some nice games, glad you had the time to go up there and meet up with him.

#149 10 years ago

I was at "The Arcade" last night as well and spotted RyThom happily flipping away. Also paid the AA Pin museum a visit while in the area. Plenty of good times and games were played.

Today get to meet up with some new locals for some pinball fun and travel to Rosa-ville later on.

Think I'll just play my games Sunday while watching playoff football. Will be all traveled out for the weekend and need the rest.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

There's one in Bay City on CL.

Quoted from tamoore:

Humm.. Maybe I'll stop by and look on the way home tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.

RARE!!!!! Only 7300 ever made!!!

Quoted from RonB:

Better jump on it then!

You need to buy it and I'll even transport it up to you for the excuse to make a visit to your place.

#172 10 years ago

If weather and work cooperate I'll be there for some Arcade fun. Look for the guy wearing a Red RedWings collared shirt.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

tamoore said:

Some guy named GVR has the high score on it....

Gravitar? Todd S, is that you?

No No, not me at all. Well maybe it is. Likely I made a typo in the excitement. Should be GRV.

#190 10 years ago

Real nice pickup Tamoore. I'll test your WW out for you again Friday and let you know what I find out.

3 weeks later
#345 10 years ago

If anyone wants a game looked at that resides at the Bay City place let me know as I'm just 10 miles from them and can verify the games status before you make the trip there.

#376 10 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

Today's Michigan Craig List listing that makes you go hrmmmm???
Anyone know this guy?

#381 10 years ago

Placed the ad in Detroit but didn't post it locally brings up a few red flags to me at least. Hope someone scores the collection of a lifetime from the listing.

#394 10 years ago

Will be proudly helping out at the AAPM Showcase. Looking towards meeting up with a lot of new people.

Will also be helping out at MPE and PATZ as well. Possibly bringing "Dealer's Choice" and/or "Toledo" games for freeplay area. Will sell if appropriate offer is made also. PM if interested.

#397 10 years ago

Tamoore, if I was going to MGC I'd help you out no problem. I used to go to MGC a few years back but it got way to crowded and simply outgrew its space. Hopefully this year they have sorted that problem out and I can return to going in 2015.

I miss the show and the people, but don't miss the overcrowding of the past few years.

#413 10 years ago

Tonight went to Marvin's and to the Arcade near Brighton to play some location pinball. Seen a few fellow pinsiders at each place. Saturday hope to pay the Bay City crew a visit and clean/tweak my Dealer's Choice for use in a tourney at the Ohio Show next weekend.

Hope to see some of you at the Ohio show for the fun.
Todd S.

#418 10 years ago

Have fun there Hlaj78. Both Startrek(Stern) and Xmen got a software update last night while I was there. Hope to make the next DPL meetup.

#420 10 years ago

Good luck with your U-ship shipment and yes they will be at "The Arcade" in Brighton tonight 7pm till whenever.

2 weeks later
#469 10 years ago

I made the trip to the Louisville Arcade Expo and participated in the Classics Pinball Tourney. Qualified #2 and ended up taking 2nd Place in the finals which was a very nice payday and loads of fun competing against some very skilled opponents. Games played: Target Pool, Harlem Globetrotters, Cosmic Gunfight, Alien Star, Warlok, and Big Game.

I took my Dealer's Choice to the show for the free play area and it performed flawlessly for the whole expo. Overheard many complements on how it played and looked. May bring it to the MPE show in a few weeks.

Having a great time here in Louisville at the show. Will be making the trip in 2015 for sure.

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Good job. Glad to see my old Dealers Choice is getting some exposure.

Thanks Icecreamman, also congrats on your new additions to the pin family.

6 months later
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Did anyone take any pics at the party, I mean other than Gravitar taking pics of all his high scores?

I only took 4 pics, come on already. All in good fun of course. Just for Astropin.

IMG_7626.JPGIMG_7626.JPG WoZ Ball 1 Score
IMG_7629.JPGIMG_7629.JPG WoZ Final Score (Major fail on last 2 balls - Excitement got me.
IMG_7635.JPGIMG_7635.JPG Xmen Final Score
IMG_7636.JPGIMG_7636.JPG Xmen Combos

3 months later
#612 9 years ago

Unless someone bows out this should be the final bracket for the IFPA Michigan State Championships being held at the Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids on Feb. 7th.

Best of luck to all attending.

MISCS16.gifMISCS16.gif

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You chumps are so damn lucky I'll be at the Funeral that day

They also lucky I'm not attending.

#617 9 years ago

"The Dawkins" no longer has a WoZ, sold it already.

4 weeks later
#641 9 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

There are people on Facebook that aren't on Pinside, and vice versa. I searched for a Michigan Pinball Collectors page on Facebook and couldn't find one, so I created one. Feel free to join, just search Michigan Pinball Collectors on Facebook. It's another way to network and enjoy the hobby.

Great Idea MMuglia.

3 months later
#654 8 years ago

I'll be there about noon-ish, fun fun fun.

3 months later
#664 8 years ago

You have that right about coney dogs. My secret weapon of choice. Thanks for the congrats guys.

I had to go through some great players to get to the top ladder rung. Sarah Schudel (Young, up and coming pinball star), Don Johnson (A top player from Ohio), last but not least - had to battle a little known top 10 world player named Andy Rosa.

4 months later
#686 8 years ago

A trip up north is always a fun time. Looking towards it.

2 weeks later
#689 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

If not then I'd be happy to see Andy Rosa step his show up a bit and fill in Michigan's PAPA Circuit void.

He might be persuaded to try it again, who knows.

#698 8 years ago

I knew the where and who, just not the when as I was home sleeping like Todd is in the pic above, haha.

2 weeks later
#711 8 years ago

Full Throttle was pretty fun to play despite it's little quirks. Once those taken care of I could really like it.

Thanks for having the crew over Zamp. Them Dogs and Sauce hit the spot.

8 months later
#732 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Went to Marvin's yesterday for the first time.

Marvin's is awesome. So many things there that you have to revisit just to see everything. I'll message the owner about the machines needing attention.

1 year later
#873 6 years ago

Yes. Mbrew needs more players to join in on the fun. Play pinball, drink, eat, and enjoy.

7 months later
#907 5 years ago

Come join me and others at the Midland Game-On Store Tuesday nights for pinball. Open to all ages.
Details here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=26362

Can just show up to play the games as well if not interested in a fun tourney.
All games .50 a play.

Pinball area open during all store hours.

4 weeks later
#913 5 years ago

Was a great time and well attended event. Anxiously awaiting the next one.
Will let cocomonkeh give details if like.

8 months later
#960 4 years ago

That MWS guy sure plays a mean pinball.

1 year later
#972 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

How many Michigan pinsiders are going to the new Ohio show pinbrew in a couple weeks on Thursday

I wont be going to the Ohio show as most people don't even have thier 1st dose of the vaccine yet.

4 months later
#976 2 years ago
Quoted from slgerber:

Michigan fully vaccinated - 48% Ohio 46%

No MI events for me except the AnnArbor VFW Show which will require proof of vaccination or you get turned away. So your point is useless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=gravitar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.