61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

Houghton Lake checking in (I'll just go ahead and assume I represent ALL of Houghton Lake )

I'll definitely plan on being there Todd. (Live Music?)

Oh and MrBally, if you plan on going to Todd's on the 24th maybe you could stop buy on your way and take a look at my Roller Coaster.....I'll pay you to fix it.....I can't figure an EM out. That thing is in too nice a shape to just be sitting there turned off.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Astropin, start a thread in the EM section about your Roller Coaster. EM's really aren't too hard to work on.

Tried that already..... I'm going in circles on it.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What about the pinheads in Windsor….you are practically all around us!

Sure.......welcome.

1 week later
#139 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Made the trip, on the icy side and running late, but made it. Did a quick swap of pins and then it was fun time! Played pins until late while enjoying some *adult* beverages. Got to play Diner & Baywatch for the first time, two fun games for sure! tamoore's gameroom is really shaping up nicely, looking forward to the party coming up.
Now I have Johnny in my home, kicking my ass! Very challenging game to say the least, but I like it that way. Should keep me interested for a while. Astropin did a great job applying those cab decals, game looks very nice all around!

That was fun....wish I could have stayed longer, I was having a good pinball day. Nearly took down Todd's GC on Diner!

JP is playing smooth. I'll be making a couple changes. Decided to go with a Pro Pinball subwoofer. Going to add a lot more LED's as well. Looks like this machine was either thoroughly shopped recently or was never played a lot. The underside of the playfield is CLEAN. Even the subway system is clean and clear. Most of the coils look like they are new as well. Oh, I'm also going with all green Super Bands.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Holy crap, you must like your games to light up the whole basement! I believe I did all the inserts with LED's, but topside still has a few incandescent bulbs here and there.

Well I like the backbox LED'd. Does not have to be super bright. I just like the idea of lower power and heat behind the translite. I tend to like to look of the cooler whites behind a translite as well. Plus all the flashers. LED flashers rock.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Nothing? Nobody?
Should I close up early tonight?
C'mon Michigan! Don't make me feel like I'm the only one playing pin, drinking & checking Pinside on a Friday night.
Wow, I need to get a life!

Actually I did end up playing a lot last night. I got the LED's & Super Bands for JP and put those in. Then I re-arranged the lineup. Then fired everything up and rotated playing all of them. Apparently I've neglected checking the batteries on HS2 (no leaks) but they were dead. I had it unplugged for a while and when I finally plugged it back in everything was erased. So...I get to start from scratch on the scores again.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

How about a nice JM and $3k?

Wow....that was quick. JM kicking your ass that much?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hey Guys-
I need a new pin and soon!! haha. I sold of JM and ES over winter break. I thought I'd be able to snag something else without a problem since I had time to look. There was nothing, and I mean nothing. So, here's where I am:
AVLE Hulk-- Advantage: The seller is willing to meet me in Columbus, OH. Disadvantage: This would still be quite a drive for the both . Other advantages: He's ready to move on and priced to sell with mods and it's a game I really want.
IM-- Advantages: Local, another game that I've liked the more I've played it. I still think it's overhyped, but it seems like a fun in your face game to have for a while. Disadvantages: While pretty nice for a routed game, I've never had a Stern that wasn't HUO. I don't know how well they hold up. Also a reimport from Canada. I don't know if that's a big deal or not. Plus I can get it for a little better price than his best price here.
AC/DC Premium: Advantages: Local. In fact, Pen is very close. Disadvantages: I've given it a couple of chances to grow on me while playing in the wild and it's just never connected with me. Some say the game takes time. On the other hand, it might never happen. I'm more of a "that's a pretty sweet shot to take and I like they physics of it or how the ball looks as it's moving" than "Can I figure out these complicated rules?" But I do like games that grow on me. It's kind of like music. The easily digestible stuff sounds catchy, but is short lived. Well-written and performed songs stay with you for a lifetime.

All good choices. I'd say (if you like AC/DC even a little) go for PEN's. If I had the cash I would. In fact even better; You buy PEN's and then I'll buy it from you when you're done.....unless you're done in 6 months.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have already purchased about 150 dollars worth of replacement parts to fix up the Whirlwind... This hobby is great!!!!

You crack me up.

Of course I just dropped like $185 (Sub, more LED's & Super Bands) on JP and then another $100 on WCS to complete it's LED conversion.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Or as Astropin would say, "This one MIGHT NEVER leave!"

Corrected

Although......the only way STTNG is leaving is if I'm sending it to HEP!

#196 10 years ago

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Ok Michigan guys, I need some help.
I have the chance to get a pin that's hard to come by, but I might need to secure some trade fodder to make it happen.
I need an updated list of what's for sale here.
So, what do you have that needs to be sold? Looking for pins in the 1800-2200 range.
-Todd.

You want to purchase a pin to use as trade fodder? They don't want cash?

2 weeks later
#277 10 years ago

Looking for a DE SW if anyone comes across one.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I just passed one up for $1,500 last month.. It was just too beat up!

Yeah....I don't mind a minor "fix'er upper" but it's got to have a nice playfield and acceptable cabinet.

#296 10 years ago

Is it May yet?

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bump

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well.....I found one. It's going to be a serious restoration project! I'll probably post something up.....when I'm done (which could be a while) Oh.......$1200....NOS Translite, nice playfield and working electronics.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Post some pics now! Or start a restoration thread, I'd be interested in following along.
Say, how did you find out about that SW anyway?

Yeah, yeah.....I owe you one.....oh wait, you have my awesome looking/playing JM

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

$1,200 great price.. Where did you find it?

RonB saw the add on craigslist. The add was for a LAH but SW was sitting next to it in the picture.

It's going to be a BIG project.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So, you told us the good. Now what's the bad? What's turning this into such a project?
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

It really needs a new cabinet....and decals. Found the decals and I'm looking into having a cabinet made (I'm really not set up for that level of woodworking). Various plastics need to be replaced and I've found most of them.

There is a fair amount of (under the playfield) wiring that is not connected to anything. I'm going to need detailed pictures of the underside to help get everything back together.

Could really use a new R2D2 but can't find one. I could probably restore it and make it look decent. The Deathstar motor and parts all need to be cleaned up....along with many of the metal parts. I have a tumbler so should be able to make them look new but the light sockets are the worst because they all have to be de-soldered and then soldered back on again......pain in the ass.

I think the worst of it will be trying to figure out the wiring that isn't connected. Looks like I will probably need some new wire.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'd say that qualifies as a project. The disconnected wiring sounds intimidating. I wish you well on this journey. Any chance of you starting a restoration thread? Seems like I wouldn't be the only one interested in following along.
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

Yeah, I'll get something started. Already took some "before" pics. I'm just worried that with my work schedule picking up this thing might not get done until next winter! So the updates might be slow to come.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Did you buy both of them? Rock said he was going to get the LAH but the guy never emailed him back.. I tried emailing the for LAH but got no response. Good for you man!

He already had the LAH sold when we got there. He's also asking way too much for his Black Hole and isn't willing to move on it.

#371 10 years ago

Looks like I might have to part out that SW.

Missing the Death Star wireform ramp and I can not find one anywhere. It's useless without it. On the plus side I shouldn't get hurt parting it out. Bummed though; I really wanted to restore it.

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There is a guy on here who is looking for a playfield, if you end up having to go that route. That sucks man..
You get hold of the seller yet? What did he say?

He said "???"

Basically he plaid dumb. Said he would look around for it. He's also the same person that said the ramp from Lethal Weapon might be modifiable to fit??? But of course I can't find one of those either.

Yeah I'm sure I'd have little problem selling the playfield, display, boards, brand new translite, good plastics, working motors.....etc....

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Just put a want add out..

Just did that......I'll give it some time.

#377 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

detroit.craigslist.org link
Today's Michigan Craig List listing that makes you go hrmmmm???
Anyone know this guy?

Sure....and I'd like $100,000,000 for my 1973 Roller Coaster (IT'S RARE!)

1 week later
#458 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hell yeah.
I make my GF dress up like that for me sometimes, even though it was long before she was born, lol.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No expo for me this year. It really stinks. I committed to chaperone for my school's Washington D.C. trip this year. And while I'm happy to help out, I'm really going to miss this the expo. The good news is that there are other options now that I might take a chance on instead, like the Zoo or the Museum. The irony is that pinball serves as a diversion for me from teaching in a middle school in today's stressful education climate (keeps me from turning to things like alcohol instead). And instead of doing something pinball related on the weekend, I get to go on a trip WITH MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!! AHHHHHH. But seriously, the kids who sign up to go aren't typically behavior problems, so it shouldn't be that bad. Might actually be fun.

I chaperoned that same trip for my son's class.....if you've never been it's actually a really cool trip. We have more history than I even recalled and it's all in DC. The holocaust memorial is an amazing stop. Most kids that age have no idea what really happened and that memorial/museum is quite the trip. I even learned a few things.....or least had them put into better perspective.

6 months later
#587 9 years ago

Man that is one sweet Shadow!

3 weeks later
#590 9 years ago

Great Party (as always) tamoore!

Free beer, good food, sweet collection and great people!

Had a blast and met some new Pinsider's as well. Zampinator brought his Star Trek and BBH. Never played BBH before and it was a really fun pin. Might have to add it to the "want list". Josh and Chris brought WOZLE, BSD & GNR....thanks guys! I'm starting to "get" BSD and can see why people rave about it......got to stack those modes! X-Men also made an appearance and it was the first time I've ever played that as well.

Todd has added White Water, TSPP, Pinball Magic and CFTBL since I was there last....awesome!

Of course Gravitar walked away with the tournament victory He's definitely in his own class compared to us mere mortals. Well over 700,000 on one ball on WOZLE!!!! Give me a break. Then he demolished X-Men for over 144 million to smash the old GC score.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Did anyone take any pics at the party, I mean other than Gravitar taking pics of all his high scores?

I'm too old for that shit.....I actually forget half the time that I'm always carrying a camera in my pocket

7 months later
#653 8 years ago

I stopped by today on my way home from a meeting....couldn't stay long though. I'll be back tomorrow and I'm hoping to get there early.

8 months later
#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Trying to plan a "Full Throttle" party. Heighway Pinball is confident that my pin is going to ship by the end of the month (we'll see). Once I get a confirmation on a ship date, I'll post the date of the party. Just putting feelers out for who is interested.
Later,
Zamp

Missed this post....but did see the one on Facebook. I plan on being there.

#694 8 years ago

Todd......at his bar around 4ish am at the last spring party?

#697 8 years ago

Oh, and you can keep the incandescence......I have a mountain of them!

2 weeks later
#714 8 years ago

Thanks Chris....had a great time. You have a great lineup and I was very impressed with Full Throttle. That's the most speed and flow (when you're hitting the shots) I've ever seen in a widebody. I think it has a great layout and some really cool innovation. The other games seemed "little" after playing Full Throttle for so long.

1 year later
#818 6 years ago

That's it? That was nothing (for Pinside).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 49.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.