61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.
#401 10 years ago

I'd like to say a BIG thank you to clay and anyone that's helping with putting this on.

#402 10 years ago

Am I the only one considering going on Friday?

#403 10 years ago

So far Sunday and Friday have far less people signed up than Saturday at the Ann Arbor pinball showcase. Again unlike other shows Sunday is a viable day. At normal shows Sunday is break down day or games are sold. But again we're not in that model, so Sunday should be just as good as Friday from a game count point of view. But any day should be fine as we cap the number of tickets issued so there isn't an over crowding issue.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Tamoore, if I was going to MGC I'd help you out no problem. I used to go to MGC a few years back but it got way to crowded and simply outgrew its space. Hopefully this year they have sorted that problem out and I can return to going in 2015.
I miss the show and the people, but don't miss the overcrowding of the past few years.

Agreed, it was too crowded last year. Very difficult to get on any pin to play. Not a very good value for two day passes for my son & I.

#405 10 years ago

The Rosie O' Grady's-Chesterfield Pinball League will start again Tuesday, Feb 25th with a new league, though we are expecting to have many repeat players from our previous league.

Our leagues are focused on beginners and most importantly having fun. We usually have first timers playing so it's a lot of fun for everyone! If you’re new to pinball or haven’t played in years, this is would be a great opportunity to learn how to play the game.

How it works:

Our league will accommodate six teams of four members, which will meet on Tuesdays at 7 PM for four weeks. There is only a onetime league fee of $5 per person and the games will be set to free play. Yes, you read that correctly! During league nights, three games will be selected and each team member will play the selected games. Once all teams have played a particular game, final scores will be tallied and given a score between 1 (highest score) to 24 (lowest score). The total of each team members three scores will result in their cumulative team score for that week. At the end of four weeks the team with the highest ranking will be determined the winner. We currently have seven pinball machines at Rosie's.

Our first league night is on Feb 25th at 7:00PM and will run once a week for four weeks.

The league Facebook page is facebook.com/rosiespinball

If you are interested in joining or have any question, contact [email protected]

Rosie O' Grady's Irish Pub
30400 23 Mile Rd
Chesterfield, MI 48047
http://www.rosieogradysirishpub.com/

#406 10 years ago

Looking for a fh, fguy or rs if theres one in the area.

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

So far Sunday and Friday have far less people signed up than Saturday at the Ann Arbor pinball showcase. Again unlike other shows Sunday is a viable day. At normal shows Sunday is break down day or games are sold. But again we're not in that model, so Sunday should be just as good as Friday from a game count point of view. But any day should be fine as we cap the number of tickets issued so there isn't an over crowding issue.

I thinking about coming Saturday or Sunday, but my younger son really wants to go too.. He keeps saying tell Clay I know how to play pinball.

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Ann Arbor Pinball Museum show (May 16-18) now has advance tickets available.

Got a couple for my wife and me. See you all Sunday.

Now for some unrelated news, if any of you guys are interested in comics, I'm the director of the Michigan State University Comics Forum, a great event that is free and open to the public this weekend. Details here:

http://www.comicsforum.msu.edu/

Please say hello if you make it out!

msucf2014web.jpgmsucf2014web.jpg

#409 10 years ago

So what are my fellow Michiganders doing tonight/this weekend? And I mean fun wise, not clearing snow & ice from the gutters or painting a room (unless it's cool or pinball related).

Myself, I'm continuing my Shadow project which is going on 4 months (perfect winter for this!). Starting to repopulate the pf, pain in the ass but starting the home stretch.

Of course playing pinball as well, but that's every weekend.

IMG_0766.JPGIMG_0766.JPG
#410 10 years ago

Also just found the official Michigan State map.Michigan Explained-469.jpgMichigan Explained-469.jpg

#411 10 years ago

tonight- remaking a Tron backbox kit for a friend and fixing a broken spring on TFTC. Yes that is fun. Tomorrow I hope to complete my mods to TFTC-chameleon skin blades, full secondary gi UV, enhanced backbox and apron illumination, interactive speaker and under-cab lighting ect...

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Also just found the official Michigan State map.

Michigan Explained-469.jpg 45 KB

Now that's some funny stuff right there!

#413 10 years ago

Tonight went to Marvin's and to the Arcade near Brighton to play some location pinball. Seen a few fellow pinsiders at each place. Saturday hope to pay the Bay City crew a visit and clean/tweak my Dealer's Choice for use in a tourney at the Ohio Show next weekend.

Hope to see some of you at the Ohio show for the fun.
Todd S.

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

So what are my fellow Michiganders doing tonight/this weekend? And I mean fun wise, not clearing snow & ice from the gutters or painting a room (unless it's cool or pinball related).
Myself, I'm continuing my Shadow project which is going on 4 months (perfect winter for this!). Starting to repopulate the pf, pain in the ass but starting the home stretch.

IMG_0766.JPG 328 KB

Started shopping out a buddies Banzai Run...I think the dirt is holding this subway trough together And the tape, and the fiberglass repair....
Keith
20140219_222238.jpg20140219_222238.jpg

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Started shopping out a buddies Banzai Run...I think the dirt is holding this subway trough together And the tape, and the fiberglass repair....
Keith

20140219_222238.jpg 264 KB

Looks like a mouse is living in there!

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Tonight went to Marvin's and to the Arcade near Brighton to play some location pinball. Seen a few fellow pinsiders at each place.

I wish I lived closer to these places, but my projects would probably never get done!

#417 10 years ago

Detroit Pinball League is on location tonight. Good people, fun pinball, and maybe a couple of brews.

#418 10 years ago

Have fun there Hlaj78. Both Startrek(Stern) and Xmen got a software update last night while I was there. Hope to make the next DPL meetup.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Detroit Pinball League is on location tonight. Good people, fun pinball, and maybe a couple of brews.

On location where? At The Arcade? I might have to come visit.

I'm waiting anxiously right now for my new Judge Dredd to arrive (used uShip) ... any minute now.

#420 10 years ago

Good luck with your U-ship shipment and yes they will be at "The Arcade" in Brighton tonight 7pm till whenever.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

IMG_0766.JPG 328 KB

When you are finished but can't bring yourself to playing the machine because it's soo nice or playing it brings back all the bad memories of fixing it up and u need to sell it, I am here!

#422 10 years ago

Just got back home from a visit to The Arcade in Brighton. First time I've ever been there. All I can say is wow! A lot of well taken care of games there. Just an awesome place. I'll be going back for sure as its only an hour from home.

#423 10 years ago

Michigan pinball guys/gals,

In addition to this thread, you are welcome to join the Michigan Pinball League google group.

This group is free, and we use it to communicate with other pinball enthusiasts in Michigan.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/michigan-pinball-league

There is no spamming (I'm the moderator), and it is a closed group, so only members can post.

As a result, it has a very good signal to noise ratio.

Follow the link above, if you want to join.

#424 10 years ago

Hey gang. Wondering on your thoughts of hyperball. I have a chance to purchase one but have never played one. Seen videos and kinda looks cool. What do you guy think of this one?

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Hey gang. Wondering on your thoughts of hyperball. I have a chance to purchase one but have never played one. Seen videos and kinda looks cool. What do you guy think of this one?

IMO, gets old after about 30 minutes.

Parker

#426 10 years ago

hyperball also likes to break a lot too. kicking around 100 steel balls very quickly does that. the gun overheats easily, and the plastics (30+ years old) break. it's not really pinball but a gun game in a pinball like cabinet. uses a different boardset too (compared to system6/7 of that era.) and yea it gets old rather quickly. noisy game too, there's no volume control for the pleating balls!

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

It's about a loud as a lawnmower.

#428 10 years ago

Get a Rapid Fire. It's a better game, and more reliable.

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Keith

Actually that is more the norm than unusual. Those subways were always duct taped like that and it was a very rare part to find until recently.
that underside of the upper playfield looks really good.

Trust me, I have seen/owned my share

Mr Banzai,
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Get a Rapid Fire. It's a better game, and more reliable.

And just as boring

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

And just as boring

It's not good... just better.

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

that underside of the upper playfield looks really good.

Yes, much nicer than the topside... Hopefully I will change that soon.

Keith

#433 10 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I might pass. Thought it might be a deal at 175

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Thanks for the input guys. I might pass. Thought it might be a deal at 175

That is a deal. The parts are worth twice that. Get it.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That is a deal. The parts are worth twice that. Get it.

Agreed

#436 10 years ago

If you need more parts for it I have one that needs a new board but from my understanding the ball elevator works.

#437 10 years ago

If it's worth it I'll go grab it. The weather might kill it for me picking it up this weekend

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

If you need more parts for it I have one that needs a new board but from my understanding the ball elevator works.

If I do pick this up I might hit you up for parts. Thank you for offering

#439 10 years ago

personally i would not buy hyperball for 175. there aren't a lot of parts similar to other games either, so it's not really a good parts donor unless you need those parts for another hyperturd.

#440 10 years ago

Found my new word for the day!

#441 10 years ago

Some interesting tidbits about Hyperball, they actually thought they'd sell 50,000 of these!

Pulled from ipdb.org:

"According to Williams production records, the initial sales forecast for Hyperball was 50,000 units. However, it was not long before that number had to be scaled back drastically, because the game was not selling as predicted. By this time, more cabinets (and backboxes) had already been made than what would be required for the final production run quantity. The backbox for this game was unique and required a short backglass. The excess backboxes would later be used for the production runs of Defender, Time Fantasy, and Firepower II."

Manufacturer data for Hyperball:
BOM cost per game: na
Production Start Date: Dec-30-1981
Production End Date: May-28-1982
Total quantity produced: 5,000
Quantity sold: 4,444
Price to Distributor: $2150.00

And a quote about Rapid Fire:

'Rapid Fire' was Bally's response to Williams' 1981 'Hyperball'. The pre-production working name of this game was 'Cross Fire'.

At Chicago Expo 2009, former President of Williams Electronics Michael Stroll said that at the time of this game's making, Williams referred to it as "Operation Xerox".

Love the 80's promotion material!

Hyperball.jpgHyperball.jpg
#442 10 years ago

So updates on the hyperball. Guy says power cord shorted out due to balls falling into transformer. Will throw in new cord and an extra cannon. He says getting a divorce and just need to dump it. Just needs the power cord changed. Now I'm not great with machines yet but this sounds like could be more of a problem than just a power cord.

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So updates on the hyperball. Guy says power cord shorted out due to balls falling into transformer. Will throw in new cord and an extra cannon. He says getting a divorce and just need to dump it. Just needs the power cord changed. Now I'm not great with machines yet but this sounds like could be more of a problem than just a power cord.

His ex-wife might be worth more. *might*

#444 10 years ago

No expo for me this year. It really stinks. I committed to chaperone for my school's Washington D.C. trip this year. And while I'm happy to help out, I'm really going to miss this the expo. The good news is that there are other options now that I might take a chance on instead, like the Zoo or the Museum. The irony is that pinball serves as a diversion for me from teaching in a middle school in today's stressful education climate (keeps me from turning to things like alcohol instead). And instead of doing something pinball related on the weekend, I get to go on a trip WITH MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!! AHHHHHH. But seriously, the kids who sign up to go aren't typically behavior problems, so it shouldn't be that bad. Might actually be fun.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

No way! You obviously have never had an ex wife. Still recovering from that one plus monthly payments to boot for the next several years.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

As someone who once owned a Hyperball "that just wouldn't start a game, but lights up" - that became the biggest money pit I've ever experienced in pinball (some due to the game, some due to beginner's mistakes)... I would discourage you from picking this up. I actually think it's a fun game if you change the settings to those detailed here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hyperball

But maaaaaan, is it loud, and I constantly lived in fear of something going wrong with it. The old Williams videogame sounds *are* pretty cool, though.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Love the 80's promotion material!

Early '80's clubwear on hot girls was the best. Sprinkle in that makeup & hairstyles. Great stuff.

#448 10 years ago

As I've said in other threads, I remember taking the boards out of two Hyperballs, smashing the glass and sledgehammering the cabinets and tossing them in the dumpster. I believ this was in the Spring of 1983. They had zero value, earned nothing and none of the fellow techs wated them. Even at $0.00 I kept the balls for mischeif purposes. Eventually, we tossed the circuit boards into the shitcan as well.

I should have saved the backglass but who knew.

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No expo for me this year. It really stinks. I committed to chaperone for my school's Washington D.C. trip this year. And while I'm happy to help out, I'm really going to miss this the expo. The good news is that there are other options now that I might take a chance on instead, like the Zoo or the Museum. The irony is that pinball serves as a diversion for me from teaching in a middle school in today's stressful education climate (keeps me from turning to things like alcohol instead). And instead of doing something pinball related on the weekend, I get to go on a trip WITH MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!! AHHHHHH. But seriously, the kids who sign up to go aren't typically behavior problems, so it shouldn't be that bad. Might actually be fun.

Obviously my view is slanted, but the May 16-18 Ann Arbor pinball showcase festival is really where it's at. There are 200 games guaranteed, without over crowding. It's on 10 acres too so there will be outside activities as well in a very nature/scenic environment, game giveaways, flee market, free vendor space, 25 cent casual tournaments, etc. And no one is asked to bring a game. It really is a best case situation of shows. We're trying to be even more casual than Kalamazoo, which is my benchmark for the most fun/lowest stress show on the planet, but with more games.

http://www.vfwpinball.com

#450 10 years ago

Your view may be slanted, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. This will be my first pinball show because the apparent chaos of typical shows is a big turnoff for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.