61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 10 years ago

Funny, when I was talking to Astropin last Thursday about that LAH I said I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on CL for $3k. Man, I was way off!

Quoted from Solach:

disappointing to someone like me who is looking for my first pin and is trying to find a half way decent pin with a tight budget.

Like Rock said, get to some events and meet people and let it be known what you're looking for.

I'm stuck way up here in Alpena and there's not much around, but I have scored some decent pins by talking to a lot of people. Two of mine came from a local mini-golf place, one I found in a local store, two I scored from placing a "Pins Wanted" ad on CL, just did a trade with a fellow Pinsider, etc. etc. Stay patient and don't overpay because it's convenient. It'll happen, and before you know it you're out of space! (And $$)

#352 10 years ago

I Appreciate the encouraging words. I'm involved in 2 leagues and if I don't end up with a pin, I'm still meeting some cool pin heads. Going to keep digging

#353 10 years ago

Since all the local machines are being bought up by the duo in Bay City and some dude in Flint area, and I'm not willing to pay 100% premium on pinball machines right now, I've taken some focus off pinballs and decided to purchase some racing arcades to add to my collection.

Picked up (2) linked California Speed machines over the weekend. They are the deluxe model with the 33" WG monitors. One needs a little work but should turn out to be some pretty nice once they are cleaned up (cap kit, flash drive conversion, etc).

I will also be picking up (2) Hydro Thunders, (1) Final Lap 3, (1) single CA Speed and a WCS94 pin soon.

Might be adding Sega Outrun, and a pair of 4WD Offroad Riot's to the list also.

#354 10 years ago

I have an idea, It will be hard for them to keep buying if they cannot sell any. Would it be a bad idea to flag every ridiculous add that comes from them. I have never flagged an add and I don't know if it would be justified but it's an idea. I won't be doing it but it would not kill me never to see one of their poorly written ad's again.

#355 10 years ago
Quoted from Solach:

Dude, I saw this ad and I was shaking my head. I understand that they are trying to run a business and they are doing what they need to do to make a profit, but that price is as bad as rape. It's also disappointing to someone like me who is looking for my first pin and is trying to find a half way decent pin with a tight budget. It's like I might have to be forced to overpay on a decent pin because I am not the one trolling all over the place and not getting a chance on a fair deal.

Personally, I strongly recommend PMWolf (Pete Mathis) or Dayhuff (John Dayhuff) if you are planning on buying your first pin. Of course, you are on Pinside so that's a HUGE step in the right direction for getting references. Many Pinsiders will do you well, but no one should be offended if you ask for references here. You plan on spending $1000 or more, you better know what (and how) you are buying.

#356 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have an idea, It will be hard for them to keep buying if they cannot sell any. Would it be a bad idea to flag every ridiculous add that comes from them. I have never flagged an add and I don't know if it would be justified but it's an idea. I won't be doing it but it would not kill me never to see one of their poorly written ad's again.

I would just give it time. Bad business practices can only last so long.

#357 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Since all the local machines are being bought up by the duo in Bay City and some dude in Flint area, and I'm not willing to pay 100% premium on pinball machines right now, I've taken some focus off pinballs and decided to purchase some racing arcades to add to my collection.
Picked up (2) linked California Speed machines over the weekend. They are the deluxe model with the 33" WG monitors. One needs a little work but should turn out to be some pretty nice once they are cleaned up (cap kit, flash drive conversion, etc).
I will also be picking up (2) Hydro Thunders, (1) Final Lap 3, (1) single CA Speed and a WCS94 pin soon.
Might be adding Sega Outrun, and a pair of 4WD Offroad Riot's to the list also.

Man...Vids are such a good deal too if you can haul/pick up. There are machines in Chicago on my "dream" list (DDR, Stun Runner) that are so cheap right now. However, I cannot understand why they can't wait until the weather gets a little better. Drivers and gun games never lose their fun-factor at parties!

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Personally, I strongly recommend PMWolf (Pete) or Dayhuff (John Dayhuff) if you are planning on buying your first pin. Of course, you are on Pinside so that's a HUGE step in the right direction for getting references. Many Pinsiders will do you well, but no should be offended if you ask for references here. You plan on spending $1000 or more, you better know what (and how) you are buying.

Before aiming on a specific pin based on what I assumed was in my fixed budget (a clean and working WWFRR, $1500) I reached out to Pete and he was kind enough to give me some options on what he had. I am going to try to be patient and keep looking for the pin I want before settling on something I wasn't looking for.

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from Solach:

Before aiming on a specific pin based on what I assumed was in my fixed budget (a clean and working WWFRR, $1500) I reached out to Pete and he was kind enough to give me some options on what he had. I am going to try to be patient and keep looking for the pin I want before settling on something I wasn't looking for.

WWFRR is such a great title! I really didn't realize how much fun it was until I played one at Pete's house. Great pick and I think that price range is very reasonable. Good luck with the hunt (and patience is the key - good work)!

#360 10 years ago

Man I need some vid's. It will have to be after I make an addition I am already out of room. Any Mario Kart GP's around?

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Man I need some vid's. It will have to be after I make an addition I am already out of room. Any Mario Kart GP's around?

There's a couple down by Troy but they're like $2900 each.

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from poolshark021:

I He then texted me back saying I wasn't allowed to buy any pins from him. Then he text again saying he wished I came to look at it because he wanted to bash my head in with a brick.

Dam..... I always miss the good party invites. Wish i could get more invites like this sent my way, i always love a good scruff.

#363 10 years ago

I stopped going to saginaw craigslist because an overwhelming majority of the ads are from that one seller. In the "good old days" one usually found a pin that was worth investigating...

image-194.jpgimage-194.jpg
#364 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Yeah Mario Cart would be sweet, I played one at gameworks in Chicago not too long ago..

#365 10 years ago

Dayhuff by far is the best to deal with as far as picking up projects. Once or twice a year he always seems to get some garage load of beat up pins in. Those are the ones I like to work on. I've never met PM Wolf personally but heard he's top tier and a good guy to go to.

As for the Bay City Spammers (sounds like a 70's rock group), I have seen their ads. Tri City Pinball or something. They've littered the Grand Rapids CL, saw the Saginaw picture above which looks the same as ours. I'm assuming they spam the entirety of Michigan. Apparently they've been flagged so much they have to repost using ridiculous symbols like

**&&^^%%@@@The Who's Tommy Pinball **&&^^ - $3000 (bay city)

I buy project pins, not "shopped" but for the prices the Tri City people have theirs listed at I'd go local here in GR to the Game Room Guys. Brick and mortar, dedicated technicians on staff, delivery trucks, the works...and they don't spam the crap out of CL to bring in buyers.

#366 10 years ago

Hey Michigan Pinheads....

Next "The Arcade" Pinball League Night is coming up THIS FRIDAY Feb 21, 7 PM. If you missed the first night...no problem...you can still play and win.

We had over 40 players for night one and there is room for plenty more.

We will also be collecting T-Shirt sizes at league night so we can order up the new league T-shirts!

More info at http://michiganpinball.com/thearcade

arcade-pinball-league-shirt.jpgarcade-pinball-league-shirt.jpg

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Last time I was in Mishawaka I wound up at a place called MegaPlay. They had about 8 or so pins that were in decent players shape. Is it them you're referring to? If so, sad to hear they've gone downhill....
Later,
EV

Yep that is where I'm referring too. Some of the games are playable but some are in pretty bad shape.

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Personally, I strongly recommend PMWolf (Pete Mathis) or Dayhuff (John Dayhuff) if you are planning on buying your first pin. Of course, you are on Pinside so that's a HUGE step in the right direction for getting references. Many Pinsiders will do you well, but no one should be offended if you ask for references here. You plan on spending $1000 or more, you better know what (and how) you are buying.

I can vouch for Dayhuff. Great guy. I bought 3 pins off him.
I haven't bought anything off PMWolf but I met him at Dayhuffs party last year. He seemed like a pretty good guy.

#369 10 years ago

I can vouch for both pmWolf and Dayhuff first class stand up guy's. You will know exactly what you are getting and feel good about the purchase. This is probably why the sell so much

#370 10 years ago

Be careful not to overpay out there. Supply looks really tight. I listed a Judge Dredd yesterday (Sunday), sold it today (Monday) with three other people lined up.

#371 10 years ago

Looks like I might have to part out that SW.

Missing the Death Star wireform ramp and I can not find one anywhere. It's useless without it. On the plus side I shouldn't get hurt parting it out. Bummed though; I really wanted to restore it.

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Missing the Death Star wireform ramp and I can not find one anywhere. It's useless without it. On the plus side I shouldn't get hurt parting it out. Bummed though; I really wanted to restore it.

That sucks! I am sure you can find that death star wire form ramp for someone on here.. Just put a want add out.. I have found a lot of stuff with want adds looking for parts. That Steve guy down in Florida has a ton of stuff. GLWYS!

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There is a guy on here who is looking for a playfield, if you end up having to go that route. That sucks man..

You get hold of the seller yet? What did he say?

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There is a guy on here who is looking for a playfield, if you end up having to go that route. That sucks man..
You get hold of the seller yet? What did he say?

He said "???"

Basically he plaid dumb. Said he would look around for it. He's also the same person that said the ramp from Lethal Weapon might be modifiable to fit??? But of course I can't find one of those either.

Yeah I'm sure I'd have little problem selling the playfield, display, boards, brand new translite, good plastics, working motors.....etc....

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Just put a want add out..

Just did that......I'll give it some time.

#376 10 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

Today's Michigan Craig List listing that makes you go hrmmmm???
Anyone know this guy?

#377 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Anyone know this guy?

Sure....and I'd like $100,000,000 for my 1973 Roller Coaster (IT'S RARE!)

#378 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Anyone know this guy?

Thanks for my big laugh of the day. $25,000 for MM what an Fing nimrod

#379 10 years ago

I sent him a message. I'd like to see what, exactly, is in his crack pipe.

#380 10 years ago

I had to screen shot that ad in fears it might get flagged. I didn't want to lose out on those deals! I was going to offer him less but I thought he was already fair on his pricies.

#381 10 years ago

Placed the ad in Detroit but didn't post it locally brings up a few red flags to me at least. Hope someone scores the collection of a lifetime from the listing.

#382 10 years ago

I got one reply. Pam will accept reasonable offers on the pins. I asked her if she understood what the word reasonable meant. I haven't heard back from Pam.

#383 10 years ago

Reasonable explanations that I can come up with so far:
1) It's all fake and pics are not her own
2) All the machines are HEP
3) Widow who doesn't know much about pins other than vague memories of what her husband once boasted.

If it is "3)" or something similar, you never know - she may honestly not know and could be persuaded to come down to realistic prices.

#384 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Reasonable explanations that I can come up with so far:
1) It's all fake and pics are not her own
2) All the machines are HEP

I also told her that I was pretty sure she was just a troll.

#385 10 years ago

Ad says "Looking to sell in preparation for a move". Maybe Pam plans on *moving on* with as much $$ as possible before her hubby returns from yet another overseas *business trip*.

Never know, she might take $5k cash for that MM!

#386 10 years ago

How about the bay city spammers ad today. Selling off one that they are not making a cent on??? I'm surprised are tech didn't fix it for us so we could sell it for 2,000 lmao

#387 10 years ago

By the way can someone please explain to me why a holes put up fake ads? Is that a way they can say to themselves on I got you good didn't I. There was a hh I think last weekend on the for 300 and guy said it sold and I emailed maybe 10 mins after it going up. I sure hope it was fake

#388 10 years ago

A little off topic but the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum show (May 16-18) now has advance tickets available. Remember this is a limited event (not a cattle call), so once they are gone, that's it. This keeps attendance numbers at a workable number so there aren't lines or just too many people.
Show info: http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128
Tickets: http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

A little off topic but the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum show (May 16-18) now has advance tickets for sale. Remember this is a limited sale event (not a cattle call), so once it's sold out, that's it. This keeps attendance numbers at a workable number so there aren't lines or just too many people.
http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

Sounds completely on topic to me, Clay. Got my ticket for Saturday. Can't wait.

#390 10 years ago

Got my ticket for Saturday too. Looking forward to spending some time in Ann Arbor!

#391 10 years ago

Thanks guys! we're really trying to make this the best show in the midwest with no over crowding and a guaranteed number of games. the facility is set up for pinball too, so it's not like a transplanted room of games going to a hotel or conference room. and heck we don't have to beg people to bring games. (i always hated dragging games to shows myself, or having to say "no i can't this year" and then having the guilt trip that i wasn't a "good pinball citizen" for not bring a game.) That's the worst thing about pinball shows is dragging/setup/tearing down games. my back hurts just thinking about it! since we're a dedicated venue we don't have to deal with that. also that constant nagging from show promoters really gets old. moving games is the quickest way to lose friends. ha!

#392 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Ann Arbor Pinball Museum show (May 16-18) now has advance tickets available.

Just signed up for Saturday also. Thanks for the reminder Clay!

#393 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

also that constant nagging from show promoters really gets old. moving games is the quickest way to lose friends. ha!

Looking forward to your show but no need to take shots at other pinball shows/organizers. I've never been nagged to bring games to a show (asked but not nagged) and every show helps to promote pinball! Other shows also have a lot to offer including speakers and presenters giving the latest info on new games and what not. Any commitment from Manufacturers to be at this show? I also hope this show ends up with a lot of vendors because I do love looking through all their parts and swag too!

#394 10 years ago

Will be proudly helping out at the AAPM Showcase. Looking towards meeting up with a lot of new people.

Will also be helping out at MPE and PATZ as well. Possibly bringing "Dealer's Choice" and/or "Toledo" games for freeplay area. Will sell if appropriate offer is made also. PM if interested.

#395 10 years ago

In regards to Craz's post... i'm just pointing out the facts. "Traditional" pinball shows' model is frankly flawed. Depending on people to bring games is a weird situation. Back in the day, when games were plentiful and not that expensive, you saw a lot of machines come to shows. now as games are harder to find, not as many for sale, and frankly very expensive, why would some one bring a Medieval madness to a show? or a cactus canyon? or a big bang bar? or a cirquis voltaire? or a Flipper Cowboy? or a Neptune? or a Mermaid? or a 1950s pitch and bat? or a 20 foot ball bowler? but ALL these games are guaranteed to be at the Ann Arbor pinball festival. In fact, you can go to the web site and see *exactly* what games will be there. There's no "gee i wonder" situations about what will show up. And what the quality of games will be. As we're a museum with a full scale on site restoration and parts department (probably the biggest pinball parts department in the state of michigan, or even the mid west.) http://www.vfwpinball.com/games.php

And frankly most people go to shows for one reason - to play pinball. the other seminars and stuff are nice, but it's not the reason people really go to a show (except for maybe pinball expo in chicago, as they have the best seminars, and no one is going to beat their gig in that arena.)

And yes there will be vendors at the show. There's no charge to be a vendor, it's free. this encourages vendors to come and show their wares.

Also we limit the number of people coming to a set number. So there aren't too many people and lines. again we are trying to come up with a show model that is optimal. something different to provide the best possible show experience.

our venue is dedicated too. meaning it set up for pinball. it's not a hotel, it's a pinball venue, designed for pinball. that means no extension cords. proper power for all the games. and on a scenic treed 10 acres so if you want to go outside for a coke, it's pleasant and casual. it's not in some strange parking lot in a mini mall or hotel concrete lot.

we are trying to present the best possible pinball show. I think after you see it, you'll agree this is a different model, and one that is sustainable and optimal. is it perfect? no, nothing is. but i challenge any show to have a better venue with a better selection and number of games. (and without the public having to haul their own games around, which is just a hassle, dangerous, and expensive.)

#396 10 years ago

I might be looking for someone to trasnsport a game back from MGC to Michigan. If you're going to MGC, and have capacity to haul a game back for me and would like to offset some travel expenses, please let me know.

Thanks!

#397 10 years ago

Tamoore, if I was going to MGC I'd help you out no problem. I used to go to MGC a few years back but it got way to crowded and simply outgrew its space. Hopefully this year they have sorted that problem out and I can return to going in 2015.

I miss the show and the people, but don't miss the overcrowding of the past few years.

#398 10 years ago

I'm in for Sunday. Can't wait.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Also we limit the number of people coming to a set number.

If you don't mind my asking, what is the set number for each day?

I'm seriously considering going on Saturday, so I'm just curious as to how many people may be there. Not that it really matters, as it's not the general public.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.