61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Did a news interview today about my undercab lighting, it will be aired tomorrow morning WWMT 3. It went well we will see how they edit. I will post a link when its available.

I'd like to see that vid once you get a copy of it. Can you do an under light on ss games?

#302 10 years ago

Very cool that pinball has come so far a TV station finds it news worthy for the general public to see under cab lighting effects.

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Anyone use pinball life's or comet pinball yet? Curious on how they look

I have a bunch of the relatively cheap ones from Pinball Life. They're great. Since the bulb part is not really bulb shaped, but sort of squared (or cylindered?), I don't like them where they can be seen. Other than that I really like them. I also have some more expensive ones from Marco. The only things I like better about Marco's is the domed shape looks more like a bulb where they can be seen and I think they are slightly brighter.

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I'd like to see that vid once you get a copy of it. Can you do an under light on ss games?

I will post when I get a link. Unfortunately I did not get to see it live. And yes I can do any pinball machine.

#306 10 years ago

Video will not play on my phone uggghh

#307 10 years ago

Good video and good pub for your work. I like it!

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I have a bunch of the relatively cheap ones from Pinball Life. They're great. Since the bulb part is not really bulb shaped, but sort of squared (or cylindered?), I don't like them where they can be seen. Other than that I really like them. I also have some more expensive ones from Marco. The only things I like better about Marco's is the domed shape looks more like a bulb where they can be seen and I think they are slightly brighter.

I am just wondering how they will look in an older machine and if the cheap ones will have ghosting.

#309 10 years ago

Nice vid and love the set up. Are all of your kits multi colored or can you do custom set up I colors. I think I came across your website the other day. Do you guys have LEDs too?

#310 10 years ago

That was a great interview and great edit by WWMT! You gotta to be proud of this!

Time to start thinking about Pinball at the Zoo. I know lots will wanna buy it there and even better to do an install/seminar to show it off.

#311 10 years ago

Hey Michiganders,

As most of you know, Pinball at the Zoo is coming up in a couple months. I'm proud to say I designed their event T-shirt this year:

[attachment=1449340,undefined]

There's some more information, including a discount pre-order thread, right over here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-at-the-zoo-t-shirt-art-and-pre-order

Many thanks to all of the folks in this thread who have already visited the above thread and especially to those who have pre-ordered.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

[attachment=1449340,]
#312 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Nice vid and love the set up. Are all of your kits multi colored or can you do custom set up I colors. I think I came across your website the other day. Do you guys have LEDs too?

Yes I can custom set the colors but I do it to according to my interpretation on how my kit should perform throughout the games modes and multiballs ect.. I have done a few custom ones per customer requests but we have found that what I design performs much better than what they think they want. I dedicate a lot of time into the initial design and this has worked out well. With a request I just did what the customer asked and it has not worked out one time. I take requests to do machines I do not currently list, I would rather not customize these but I will if I have time to do so. I am also considering making a DIY kit so you guy's will have the freedom to do as you like.
I do also sell led's they are the ones I use for insert's they are too bright for some backbox usage but work good in some GI area's now again my opinions on how I set up led's.

Quoted from marcand:

That was a great interview and great edit by WWMT! You gotta to be proud of this!
Time to start thinking about Pinball at the Zoo. I know lots will wanna buy it there and even better to do an install/seminar to show it off.

Thanks buddy, you got the ball rolling! I just now got to watch it man they cut a ton of stuff out. It ended up pretty good I think funny to see myself on TV. I know I need to get a booth for the show I am worried about my work scheduled an unmanned booth is not cool. I will have to track down the info for the show see if there is space still available.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Did a news interview today about my undercab lighting, it will be aired tomorrow morning WWMT 3.

Good story they did! How did news channel 3 find out about it?

#314 10 years ago

Thanks, they had seen an article in the local new's paper by a fantastic local writter.

#315 10 years ago

These shirts are sweet looking

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hey Michiganders,
As most of you know, Pinball at the Zoo is coming up in a couple months. I'm proud to say I designed their event T-shirt this year:
[attachment=1449340,undefined]
There's some more information, including a discount pre-order thread, right over here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-at-the-zoo-t-shirt-art-and-pre-order
Many thanks to all of the folks in this thread who have already visited the above thread and especially to those who have pre-ordered.
Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

These shirts are sweet looking!

[attachment=1449340,]

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thanks, they had seen an article in the local new's paper by a fantastic local writter.

Great interview man! Glad to see you're doing well with the kits..

#317 10 years ago

Rock

I have a gorgar and just an idea that I think would look sweet. Just a bright red and goes with the speed of the heart beat. How much are those things running? Also, your led's-how are they with ghosting on older williams models?

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Rock
I have a gorgar and just an idea that I think would look sweet. Just a bright red and goes with the speed of the heart beat. How much are those things running? Also, your led's-how are they with ghosting on older williams models?

I will check out the schematics of Gorgar and get back with you. Please email me directly [email protected] just so this doesnt slip my mind. My led's have the same issues ass all other non premium with ghosting but they are in no way cheap led's they are 6.3vac non polar and very bright. I am not here to bs around just to sell stuff these are good led's and I use them. For most of the GI and back box I use other Led's and I may make those available at some point these no other supplier carries them.

Thanks,
Chris

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looking for a DE SW if anyone comes across one.

Bump

#320 10 years ago

Does anyone have a BSD for sale in the Michigan area? I've played it a few times and I really enjoyed it.

#321 10 years ago

Looking for a clean and working WWFRR. My max budget is $1500. Never been a owner of a pin so it can't be a project but it doesn't have to be perfect either. Thanks.

#322 10 years ago

Hulk has landed in Canton, MI. Just picked up TAVLE Hulk and absolutely thrilled. I've wanted one since it came out. This is one of those "I don't care what anyone else thinks" situations. I play all the newer Sterns at The Arcade and they have ALL of them. No matter what, the Hulk kept drawing me back and drawing me back. Very, very happy to be an owner.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hulk has landed in Canton, MI. Just picked up TAVLE Hulk and absolutely thrilled. I've wanted one since it came out. This is one of those "I don't care what anyone else thinks" situations. I play all the newer Sterns at The Arcade and they have ALL of them. No matter what, the Hulk kept drawing me back and drawing me back. Very, very happy to be an owner.

Congrats, Who cares what anyone thinks if you love it that is all that matters enjoy it.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No matter what, the Hulk kept drawing me back and drawing me back. Very, very happy to be an owner.

That's how I know that I want to get a pin for my gameroom. If I am continuously drawn back to a game when I am at a location or pinball show, then I put the game on my list.

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Looking for a DE SW if anyone comes across one.

Well.....I found one. It's going to be a serious restoration project! I'll probably post something up.....when I'm done (which could be a while) Oh.......$1200....NOS Translite, nice playfield and working electronics.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well.....I found one. It's going to be a serious restoration project! I'll probably post something up.....when I'm done

Post some pics now! Or start a restoration thread, I'd be interested in following along.

Say, how did you find out about that SW anyway?

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Post some pics now! Or start a restoration thread, I'd be interested in following along.
Say, how did you find out about that SW anyway?

Yeah, yeah.....I owe you one.....oh wait, you have my awesome looking/playing JM

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

+1!

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well.....I found one. It's going to be a serious restoration project! I'll probably post something up.....when I'm done (which could be a while) Oh.......$1200....NOS Translite, nice playfield and working electronics.

$1,200 great price.. Where did you find it?

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

$1,200 great price.. Where did you find it?

RonB saw the add on craigslist. The add was for a LAH but SW was sitting next to it in the picture.

It's going to be a BIG project.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

$1200....NOS Translite, nice playfield and working electronics.

So, you told us the good. Now what's the bad? What's turning this into such a project?

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So, you told us the good. Now what's the bad? What's turning this into such a project?
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

It really needs a new cabinet....and decals. Found the decals and I'm looking into having a cabinet made (I'm really not set up for that level of woodworking). Various plastics need to be replaced and I've found most of them.

There is a fair amount of (under the playfield) wiring that is not connected to anything. I'm going to need detailed pictures of the underside to help get everything back together.

Could really use a new R2D2 but can't find one. I could probably restore it and make it look decent. The Deathstar motor and parts all need to be cleaned up....along with many of the metal parts. I have a tumbler so should be able to make them look new but the light sockets are the worst because they all have to be de-soldered and then soldered back on again......pain in the ass.

I think the worst of it will be trying to figure out the wiring that isn't connected. Looks like I will probably need some new wire.

#333 10 years ago

I'd say that qualifies as a project. The disconnected wiring sounds intimidating. I wish you well on this journey. Any chance of you starting a restoration thread? Seems like I wouldn't be the only one interested in following along.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

RonB saw the add on craigslist. The add was for a LAH but SW was sitting next to it in the picture.
It's going to be a BIG project.

Did you buy both of them? Rock said he was going to get the LAH but the guy never emailed him back.. I tried emailing the for LAH but got no response. Good for you man!

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'd say that qualifies as a project. The disconnected wiring sounds intimidating. I wish you well on this journey. Any chance of you starting a restoration thread? Seems like I wouldn't be the only one interested in following along.
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

Yeah, I'll get something started. Already took some "before" pics. I'm just worried that with my work schedule picking up this thing might not get done until next winter! So the updates might be slow to come.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Did you buy both of them? Rock said he was going to get the LAH but the guy never emailed him back.. I tried emailing the for LAH but got no response. Good for you man!

He already had the LAH sold when we got there. He's also asking way too much for his Black Hole and isn't willing to move on it.

#337 10 years ago

Hey cool I finally find out something on the LAH. Good to know it's been sold. I am starting to hate the CL BS a simple email would be nice. Talk with the guy tell him you can pick up any time guy says great i am available after 6pm and will let you know. No response since. Bay City spammers probably got this so we should see it listed on my towns CL again soon for $2600.00, I hope they stop using the 12 year old from writing the ad's but here is what I am expecting to see...

Super fun themed game called Last Action Hero - $2600.00

The super fun game play's 100% with no issues WHATSOVER, ARE tech just went THREW it and it plays great! (Some key switch's may not be working but we really don't know what's going on, the flippers hit the ball around.) This game is located at ARE shop that has over 20 pinball machines. Come and take this bad boy home today. This will go up in value like all pinball machines so get it fast. We don't want any trades unless its for another pinball.

If you guy's want to save a little time feel free to copy and paste to your new add.

-These guy's are probably good guy's but they are killing me listing in my area and the ad's themselves are written very poorly. I don't care that they are overpriced but for god's sake's stop listing all over the state please.

I know better than to post something like this but it is one of those days.

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Hey cool I finally find out something on the LAH. Good to know it's been sold. I am starting to hate the CL BS a simple email would be nice. Talk with the guy tell him you can pick up any time guy says great i am available after 6pm and will let you know. No response since. Bay City spammers probably got this so we should see it listed on my towns CL again soon for $2600.00, I hope they stop using the 12 year old from writing the ad's but here is what I am expecting to see...
The super fun game play's 100% with no issues WHATSOVER, ARE tech just went THREW it and it plays great! (Some key switch's may not be working but we really don't know what's going on, the flippers hit the ball around.) This game is located at ARE shop that has over 20 pinball machines. Come and take this bad boy home today. This will go up in value like all pinball machines so get it fast. We don't want any trades unless its for another pinball.
If you guy's want to save a little time feel free to copy and paste to your new add.
-These guy's are probably good guy's but they are killing me listing in my area and the ad's themselves are written very poorly. I don't care that they are overpriced but for god's sake's stop listing all over the state please.

Not sure who got it, but the seller is the kind of guy who if you don't give him a phone call, he writes you off as a tire kicker. I've tried to deal with him 3 times in the past, and never got a deal done.

About the Bay City guys Josh and Chris. Really nice guys, but way in over their heads to be buying and selling at the volume they try to do in my opinion. Their CL spamming is why I no longer hit Craigs List because as you say, the ads are poorly written, quite obnoxious and repeated over and over again. They have no idea how to fix anything, and have some really bizarre ideas about pin valuation. While they do have a tech, the guy only 'fixes' stuff to reach the minimum definition of the term 'working'. I've played pins at their shop that are listed as 'everything works', where the entire GI is out, and important switches aren't registering.

The thing is, I don't think they're being fraudulent in any way. I think they're so new at this that they really don't have any idea that stuff isn't working like It should.

The EATPM that I traded to them that is worth about 2k is over there sitting at 3400 or something. I wish I had known it was worth that. I would have traded it for a CFTBL.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

About the Bay City guys: Really nice guys, but way in over their heads to be buying and selling at the volume they try to do.

Wait a minute Todd you mean to tell me they are actually moving games out by means of cash sales???? I can see them making trades but cash sales wow.

Quoted from tamoore:

The EATPM that I traded to them that is worth about 2k is over there sitting at 3400 or something. I wish I had known it was worth that. I would have traded it for a CFTBL.

Wish I knew you were moving this, I must not have been paying attention. I don't think I will be contacting the Bay city guy's. I see Josh on here and he seems fairly intelligent so is Chris the one listing these machines? If this is the case I would recommend Josh type up the ad's.

One of my old machines was listed on ebay by them. I asked how they liked all the mods I did to it and they responded with (we made all the mods ourselves) that sealed the deal for me. Like many others I can tell my old machines very easily. I know them, I know the imperfections, the character, ect.. the things that make them unique. So with that to me they are liar's and cannot be trusted. I hope they get their stuff together some day, for now they should step back until they get a clue. At least they are not spamming the forums here.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Wait a minute Todd you mean to tell me they are actually moving games out by means of cash sales???? I can see them making trades but cash sales wow.

Wish I knew you were moving this, I must not have been paying attention. I don't think I will be contacting the Bay city guy's. I see Josh on here and he seems fairly intelligent so is Chris the one listing these machines? If this is the case I would recommend Josh type up the ad's.
One of my old machines was listed on ebay by them. I asked how they liked all the mods I did to it and they responded with (we made all the mods ourselves) that sealed the deal for me. Like many others I can tell my old machines very easily. I know them, I know the imperfections, the character, ect.. the things that make them unique. So with that to me they are liar's and cannot be trusted. I hope they get their stuff together some day, for now they should step back until they get a clue. At least they are not spamming the forums here.

I've only had the one deal with them, and I knew what I was getting into before I made it. They had a Whrilwind which I wanted, and I no longer wanted the EATPM. I checked the WW out before I finalized the deal, and realized I could fix it up. In pinball terms, I got hosed, but my eyes were wide open. I gave them a $2k Elvira (nice, but not perfect) for maybe, if you're being generous, a 1400 dollar Whrilwind. Of course, they were quite happy with the trade.

While I was there, they explained to me that their intended customers aren't guys who come to Pinside, or people who are already collectors. They see themselves as a service to a guy or family buying his first (or only) machine, who would like to have it delivered, hauled in, and setup ready to go - and their prices reflect this added value.

That's what I understand, anyway.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

About the Bay City guys Josh and Chris. Really nice guys, but way in over their heads to be buying and selling at the volume they try to do in my opinion.

I have never dealt with Josh before but Chris is a straight up a**hole. I called him about a Frankenstein a month or two ago and asked if everything worked 100% like the ad stated, and he said yes. Then I asked 'isn't this the same one on ebay that the Frankenstein head is broken?' He said 'well yea, but it doesn't affect gameplay and I would have told you when you got here to see it.' I told him if he wasn't honest about the condition then who knows what else could be bad and I wasn't interested anymore, and hung up. He then texted me back saying I wasn't allowed to buy any pins from him. Then he text again saying he wished I came to look at it because he wanted to bash my head in with a brick.

I am not exaggerating this at all. I have all the texts still on my phone. I was very polite on the phone and never gave him any reason to act like that. He was just upset that I caught him lying and that's how he reacted. People like this are ruining this hobby.

#342 10 years ago

I have a nice MSF for you if you are interested

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have a nice MSF for you if you are interested

I bought an Avengers instead, but thanks.

#344 10 years ago

Very nice. I honor of the Bay City boy's I will list in your area soon.

#345 10 years ago

If anyone wants a game looked at that resides at the Bay City place let me know as I'm just 10 miles from them and can verify the games status before you make the trip there.

#346 10 years ago

SOLD

I have a Judge Dredd for sale: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-detroit-area-michigan

I am interested in Revenge From Mars.

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I hate to quote myself but I was wrong on the price saginaw.craigslist.org link

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I hate to quote myself but I was wrong on the price saginaw.craigslist.org link

Damn man.. LOL.

At least when they sell that to the unsuspecting public, it'll be a nice looking and working game.

They deserve 1400 dollars. They did drive from Bay City to Cadillac to get it. Time is worth something, right?

#349 10 years ago

Dude, I saw this ad and I was shaking my head. I understand that they are trying to run a business and they are doing what they need to do to make a profit, but that price is as bad as rape. It's also disappointing to someone like me who is looking for my first pin and is trying to find a half way decent pin with a tight budget. It's like I might have to be forced to overpay on a decent pin because I am not the one trolling all over the place and not getting a chance on a fair deal.

#350 10 years ago

Your fair deals and quality pins will come from this site and others as well as friends you make going to events and shows. It sounds like the guy's in your area well Bay City have nothing better to do but watch CL. Good luck with your first pin purchase.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 1,490.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.