61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 7 years ago

Bumping this thread to anyone in Michigan (or elsewhere) that ever had to shovel a "pin-trench" to where your slider is located. This looks less impressive than when I dug it a few days ago...we are having a February thaw.

This being Michigan, I am expecting 2 more snowstorms before April.

2017-02-07 07.58.40 (resized).jpg2017-02-07 07.58.40 (resized).jpg

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Bumping this thread to anyone in Michigan (or elsewhere) that ever had to shovel a "pin-trench" to where your slider is located. This looks less impressive than when I dug it a few days ago...we are having a February thaw.
This being Michigan, I am expecting 2 more snowstorms before April.

At least you didn't have to work on a "beer trench" because of a dispute with the landlord...............
http://www.miningjournal.net/news/front-page-news/2017/02/popular-west-end-brewery-closes-doors/

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

At least you didn't have to work on a "beer trench" because of a dispute with the landlord...............
http://www.miningjournal.net/news/front-page-news/2017/02/popular-west-end-brewery-closes-doors/

What is the backstory here?

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

What is the backstory here?

No one is really sure, but appears to be a falling out between the building owner and the brewery operator. The brewery rents space and apparently the building owner had the snow piled up to prevent entry by the brewer into his own operation.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Is anyone set up for clear coating? I want to do some touchups then will just need it sprayed. Hoped I could catch someone spraying another and just squeeze mine in.

LOL.......funny stuff.

John

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

LOL.......funny stuff.

John

Why? I thought pinside was a friendly place to share pinball. Maybe not.

#757 7 years ago

Why? I thought pinside was a friendly place to share pinball. Maybe not.

It is of course. What I'm saying is don't count on squeezing in your personally touched up playfield into someone else's clear coating process. But ask Kruzman he might be able to squeeze you in.

John

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

It is of course. What I'm saying is don't count on squeezing in your personally touched up playfield into someone else's clear coating process. But ask Kruzman he might be able to squeeze you in.

John

I'm not counting on anything, I was simply asking if someone could help me out and here I'm getting laughed at just for asking.

I'll point out that while Kruzman won't do it because he does it professionally, he did give me helpful advice instead of just laughing at me.

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Abel electronics advertises that they sell glass but there in st. Clair shores.

They do have glass on hand. I saw it the last time I was in the store. They are one of the few real electronics stores left in the area and it is great when you need some random parts. While I was there I asked Mark if they would stock other parts too. I know we can order online but it would be great to have a source we could use to pick them up immediately without the wait.

Robert

#760 7 years ago

I'm not counting on anything, I was simply asking if someone could help me out and here I'm getting laughed at just for asking.
I'll point out that while Kruzman won't do it because he does it professionally, he did give me helpful advice instead of just laughing at me.

See its a good thing I told you to check with Kruzman.

John

#761 7 years ago

I was born in Michigan (Adrian), went to Michigan State. Can I join the club?

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Depends what dorm you lived in @ State

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Depends what dorm you lived in @ State

I got out of it. Never lived in the dorms. but I did work there, Holmes and Brody mostly.

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I got out of it. Never lived in the dorms. but I did work there, Holmes and Brody mostly.

YOU'RE IN!

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I say you're in too. Because you're from my home town. So if you're every back this way stop by for some pinball.

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

They do have glass on hand. I saw it the last time I was in the store. They are one of the few real electronics stores left in the area and it is great when you need some random parts. While I was there I asked Mark if they would stock other parts too. I know we can order online but it would be great to have a source we could use to pick them up immediately without the wait.
Robert

Mark is an A#1 guy. I used to work with him when he was in the corporate world.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

if you're every back this way

Speaking of that. I just bought my ticket for Clay's party. I'll be there on Sunday May 7th!

1 month later
#768 7 years ago

Finally added our game store to the pin map. If you're near by, feel free to come play some games
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10157-game-on-midland-mi

#769 7 years ago

Ann Arbor pinball show May 5-7, 2017 is coming up. Saturday is sold out. Still tickets for Friday and Sunday though, but even those numbers are getting thin. If you want to play 350+ restored games in a limited attendance environment, this is your show. There are also pinball tournaments Friday and Saturday. Tickets at the web site http://www.vfwpinball.com

1 month later
#770 6 years ago

4 days.... until the vfw showcase event

3 months later
#771 6 years ago

Bell music co does anyone on here know who this operator is the rfm in picture @ the t/a truck stop in Monroe Mi. The game Kicks out two balls on every ball start and as soon as one drains you lose the 2nd ball PLEASE FIX
Thx

20170801_203210 (resized).jpg20170801_203210 (resized).jpg

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Bell music co does anyone on here know who this operator is the rfm in picture @ the t/a truck stop in Monroe Mi. The game Kicks out two balls on every ball start and as soon as one drains you lose the 2nd ball PLEASE FIX
Thx

http://www.bellmusicco.com/contacts.html

Google turns up their website with that phone number, and shows them as being in Akron. Maybe they don't own that anymore. Or maybe it's part of a route that's three hours from their shop.

1 month later
#773 6 years ago

Pulled this stuff off a ninja gaiden years ago for a mame conversion. No idea if it's any good. Anyone want it? I work in Lansing and could pass it off at lunchtime. Tried to post in Michigan sale thread, but pictures disabled there.

IMG_20170922_191439 (resized).jpgIMG_20170922_191439 (resized).jpg

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Tried to post in Michigan sale thread, but pictures disabled there.

If we posted items for sale here, would they disable picture uploads here as well?

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

If we posted items for sale here, would they disable picture uploads here as well?

Maybe, but I'm not creating a marketplace ad just to see if anyone wants some free stuff. And isn't there a rule allowing sales of items under $XX without creating an ad? Maybe the rules changed . . .

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Maybe, but I'm not creating a marketplace ad just to see if anyone wants some free stuff. And isn't there a rule allowing sales of items under $XX without creating an ad? Maybe the rules changed . . .

Last i knew anything 3k and under can be posted in regional for sale threads but no pictures without creating a marketplace ad

1 month later
#777 6 years ago

1 week til dayhuffs pinball party whoop whoop!

#778 6 years ago

I'm having a party ??

O'right...hey no problem, I'm all set to go.

John

#779 6 years ago

Dayhuff party....whhaatttt?

#780 6 years ago

Black Friday is coming

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Black Friday is coming

Sweeeeeet thx for posting clay

#782 6 years ago

VFW black friday event November 24th, 8pm till midnight. this is a charity event. Come play the VFW games in the main building.

Admission requires a few things...

1) Canned food item for donation to the Ann Arbor Food Gathers.
2) a toy for the Toys for Tots charity.
BOTH of these things are required.

On the canned food, it must be valid and not out of date! If you're bring stuff from your pantry, check the date. If you show up with food that is out of date, it can not be accepted, and entry will be prohibited. This has been a problem in the past, we need to monitor it better (and will try to do this at the door.)

On the toy, we suggest visiting their FAQ web page at
https://toysfortots.org/frequently_asked_questions/Default.aspx#11
for ideas on toys and the age groups, etc. Note it must be a *new* toy up to age 12, and no weapon style toys.

We were thinking of requiring people buy a 'ticket' for like $1,$2,$3 (?) to manage the numbers better via paypal. Because we never know how many people will show up to this. What do you guy think of that?

#783 6 years ago

I'm just fine with the modest PayPal ticket. I am going to come for sure with maybe a few others I can recruit, let's get a great donation for the charities. Thanks for the win win opportunity again Clay.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

VFW black friday event November 24th, 8pm till midnight. this is a charity event. Come play the VFW games in the main building.
Admission requires a few things...
1) Canned food item for donation to the Ann Arbor Food Gathers.
2) a toy for the Toys for Tots charity.
BOTH of these things are required.
On the canned food, it must be valid and not out of date! If you're bring stuff from your pantry, check the date. If you show up with food that is out of date, it can not be accepted, and entry will be prohibited. This has been a problem in the past, we need to monitor it better (and will try to do this at the door.)
On the toy, we suggest visiting their FAQ web page at
https://toysfortots.org/frequently_asked_questions/Default.aspx#11
for ideas on toys and the age groups, etc. Note it must be a *new* toy up to age 12, and no weapon style toys.
We were thinking of requiring people buy a 'ticket' for like $1,$2,$3 (?) to manage the numbers better via paypal. Because we never know how many people will show up to this. What do you guy think of that?

Sounds fine/acceptable ... and can't wait. Lots of fun at your place.

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

VFW black friday event November 24th, 8pm till midnight.

I thought it started at 7pm in the past

I don't have PayPal and usually spend the same amount on can goods as i would for 1 day admission at the may event even though this is a shortened event and is usually not crowded, don't mind adding a toy also as this is a charity event and haven't made the toy drive event but since it looks like your combining two events into one how about expanding the hours from 6pm-mid and now back to PayPal maybe use that if you start drawing a full house like in may and thx again clay and staff for doing this as anytime the vfw opens its doors i try to be there to support it as it is totally kick ass

#786 6 years ago

i believe you can still use paypal as payment and just input a credit card. i don't think you need an account (assuming we set it up correctly!) the problem with just "winging it" is... we have no idea how many people are coming. this presents a problem with planning and knowing how many people to have there for help. it's a crap shoot that way. somehow need to control that, and requiring a 'ticket' (even if just $1 or $2 or $3) would manage that. we would also have everyone's name, which keeps more control on things. also my insurance agent prefers we do it this way. though we've never had any problems, i would like to keep it that way...

just i look at Dayhuff's party, and the lack of RSVPs he gets, yet the numbers that show up tend to be big. this is just a further indicator that we need to do something, because people just don't RSVP. Having a "ticket" that you had to pay for, pretty much guarantees that the person is serious about coming. It seems to be a good plan to do this...

#787 6 years ago

Well I've been to the black friday event 3yrs running and this would make 4 if i were to email you i was coming i would hope that would count also but it's your place and your rules so i hope your event is successful as unfortunately all i have is a home depot credit card

#788 6 years ago

Clay you are correct that you don't need a PayPal account to pay with PayPal.there is 2 ways one is to send the individual an invoice to there email and the other which is how you would want to do it is set it up like a cart and when paying it will ask you to log in to your PayPal account or pay as guest.I have no PayPal account but pay people almost weekly through PayPal I just pick pay as guest and input my card number.

I'm a night owl so if you need anyone to stay after and help take out garbage,clean the glass on the machines or anything else just say the word.

#789 6 years ago

We all talked about this last night and came up with some limits/ideas.

we want to make it a 100 people max event. any more and it's just too much work and too much stress on our people. we like to make it comfortable but not stressful.

so how do you limit it to 100? can't really just say, "first 100 in and turn others away." That's unfair to someone that drove a hour to get there.

I don't like the RSVP system because people will just RSVP and then not show. Because they have no skin in the game. When this happens it locks out someone that really wanted to come.

So using the paypal inventory cart system, i can put a limit of 100 ticket at some dollar amount. this means you bought a ticket (skin in the game), and chances are good they will show up. So we kill two birds with that stone, in that i can limit the event to say 100 people, and chances are excellent that most (all?) will show up.

The down side is is of course if you don't have a credit card (i'm not sure anyone doesn't have a visa/mastercard??), they can't attend. But that's a pretty limited downside. And i guess an email to me could solve that problem if someone really had no paypal or credit card.

Anyway that's the thinking on this... Comments?

#790 6 years ago

Sounds all good to me, makes sense. One question, will the PayPal link be posted on the vfwpinball website, or right here? Would hate to miss the chance to go.

#791 6 years ago

Another idea that someone came up with was to have a $10 ticket fee which is refundable at the door. So you have to buy your ticket ahead via a credit card cart system, but you get it back in cash or PayPal refund at the door. That would ensure that someone would show up. And if they didn’t, then they lose their $10

#792 6 years ago

I would think refunding the money would be a pain for you guys plus it's for charity so I would be happy to see any monetary fees donated.I wouldn't think it would be hard to find 100 people willing to donate some food,a toy and a few measly dollars to charity for the opportunity to come to the VFW.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

We all talked about this last night and came up with some limits/ideas.
we want to make it a 100 people max event. any more and it's just too much work and too much stress on our people. we like to make it comfortable but not stressful.
so how do you limit it to 100? can't really just say, "first 100 in and turn others away." That's unfair to someone that drove a hour to get there.
I don't like the RSVP system because people will just RSVP and then not show. Because they have no skin in the game. When this happens it locks out someone that really wanted to come.
So using the paypal inventory cart system, i can put a limit of 100 ticket at some dollar amount. this means you bought a ticket (skin in the game), and chances are good they will show up. So we kill two birds with that stone, in that i can limit the event to say 100 people, and chances are excellent that most (all?) will show up.
The down side is is of course if you don't have a credit card (i'm not sure anyone doesn't have a visa/mastercard??), they can't attend. But that's a pretty limited downside. And i guess an email to me could solve that problem if someone really had no paypal or credit card.
Anyway that's the thinking on this... Comments?

I like this idea. I think I want to attend and it’s almost a two hour drive, so if it was a possibility of being turned away at the door I wouldn’t want to risk the trip.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

And if they didn’t, then they lose their $10

I believe you meant "donate" ??

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Another idea that someone came up with was to have a $10 ticket fee which is refundable at the door. So you have to buy your ticket ahead via a credit card cart system, but you get it back in cash or PayPal refund at the door. That would ensure that someone would show up. And if they didn’t, then they lose their $10

cfh - This sounds perfect! I agree with Puffdanny about just making the $10 a donation. Less work for you and more impact on the charity front.
When will the PayPal signup go live?

#796 6 years ago

I would love to attend. I think the PayPal idea would work to limit numbers. It could be used as one of the donations instead of bringing item? Example a check is easier to transport than pile of donations. Just a thought, will be sure to keep watch for your decision.

#797 6 years ago

Really don’t want to handle any money for this event. Handling money slucks would rather handle toys and food goods for the desired organizations. That’s why the refund at the door thing is appealing. PayPal’s card system can manage the Number of people in limited to 100. But it’s kind of a hassle because now requiring people to do three things. One get a ticket. Two get canned goods. Three get a toy. It’s kind of a lot to ask

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Really don’t want to handle any money for this event. Handling money slucks would rather handle toys and food goods for the desired organizations. That’s why the refund at the door thing is appealing. PayPal’s card system can manage the Number of people in limited to 100. But it’s kind of a hassle because now requiring people to do three things. One get a ticket. Two get canned goods. Three get a toy. It’s kind of a lot to ask

Agreed....

#799 6 years ago

Found a PayPal sponser so when can we start reserving a spot and the story on me not having a credit card goes back to the 80's when i was in my roaring twenties and since i had a card the party never stopped til i hit the limit on it after cutting it up and paying it off I've never had one again except for home depot to get money off on certain purchases and immediately pay it off when the bill comes as people say on here cash on the glass is the way to roll

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Found a PayPal sponser so when can we start reserving a spot and the story on me not having a credit card goes back to the 80's when i was in my roaring twenties and since i had a card the party never stopped til i hit the limit on it after cutting it up and paying it off I've never had one again except for home depot to get money off on certain purchases and immediately pay it off when the bill comes as people say on here cash on the glass is the way to roll

I take it you don’t buy airplane tickets, stay in decent hotels or rent cars?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/16?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.