61247360_2336685963322643_5960167511553998848_n (resized).jpg
6D96AF27-E7E4-40D9-BE5A-0919F48F2C2E (resized).jpeg
DBE8E8B9-D968-4CD4-AA4B-7E62FAA67BD0 (resized).jpeg
729F2CD4-5F77-419B-A6F9-27EF455A5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5848 (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20190121-082552_Facebook (resized).jpg
Iron Maiden Launch (resized).jpg
20180314_221858 (resized).jpg
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Your view may be slanted, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. This will be my first pinball show because the apparent chaos of typical shows is a big turnoff for me.

I can't handle crowded shows either. the chaos that ensues makes it a non-fun experience for me, so i avoid shows with big numbers. especially shows that get their big numbers from the general public. not that this is bad, but if there's going to be crowding, i would rather have it be with people that enjoy pinball 365 days a year (and that i share my hobby of playing/fixing/restoring), opposed to the masses that think about pinball just 1 day a year. That is i like shows that are marketed towards pinball collectors and players, versus general masses. i know that sounds weird... maybe that doesn't make any sense... But this is why we're not doing big promotions or radio/tv ads or any of that stuff. Sticking to advertising by word of mouth and in pinball related blogs/publications/vendors. I mean everybody wants their show to be successful. but we just don't want it to be a victim of success and be so crowded there are lines for every game, you can't move, it's too hot, smelly, etc etc. If in the end only a handful of people come, so be it. We would rather have under expectations in crowd numbers than too many people.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I can't handle crowded shows either. the chaos that ensues makes it a non-fun experience for me, so i avoid shows with big numbers. especially shows that get their big numbers from the general public.

Same here, I even hate someone standing close to me in line at the convenience store. Get out of my 'bubble'!.

Your show is sounding better and better to me every time you talk about it. I think it's time to order up a ticket!

#453 10 years ago

That's why the Ann Arbor show is pre-sale only. When we reach reasonable numbers, sales of tickets are automatically turned off. This way we can't over sell the show. If sold out, and you show up without a ticket stub, you don't get in. It's like a concert, you don't sell more tickets than seats.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Early '80's clubwear on hot girls was the best. Sprinkle in that makeup & hairstyles. Great stuff.

Hell yeah.

I make my GF dress up like that for me sometimes, even though it was long before she was born, lol.

#455 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

That's why the Ann Arbor show is per sale only. When we reach reasonable numbers, sales of tickets are automatically turned off. This way we can't over sell the show. If sold out, and you show up without a ticket stub, you don't get in. It's like a concert, you don't sell more tickets than seats.

Could you post a link to the advanced sale site?

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I make my GF dress up like that for me sometimes, even though it was long before she was born, lol.

The 80's were long before your GF was born?? And you make her dress up like that??

High Five!

JackAssHighFive.gifJackAssHighFive.gif

You too ladies!
High-Five-For-Glory-Of-Man-Kind.jpgHigh-Five-For-Glory-Of-Man-Kind.jpg

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hell yeah.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No expo for me this year. It really stinks. I committed to chaperone for my school's Washington D.C. trip this year. And while I'm happy to help out, I'm really going to miss this the expo. The good news is that there are other options now that I might take a chance on instead, like the Zoo or the Museum. The irony is that pinball serves as a diversion for me from teaching in a middle school in today's stressful education climate (keeps me from turning to things like alcohol instead). And instead of doing something pinball related on the weekend, I get to go on a trip WITH MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!! AHHHHHH. But seriously, the kids who sign up to go aren't typically behavior problems, so it shouldn't be that bad. Might actually be fun.

I chaperoned that same trip for my son's class.....if you've never been it's actually a really cool trip. We have more history than I even recalled and it's all in DC. The holocaust memorial is an amazing stop. Most kids that age have no idea what really happened and that memorial/museum is quite the trip. I even learned a few things.....or least had them put into better perspective.

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah, she would be thrilled with that.....

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Obviously my view is slanted, but the May 16-18 Ann Arbor pinball showcase festival is really where it's at. There are 200 games guaranteed, without over crowding. It's on 10 acres too so there will be outside activities as well in a very nature/scenic environment, game giveaways, flee market, free vendor space, 25 cent casual tournaments, etc. And no one is asked to bring a game. It really is a best case situation of shows. We're trying to be even more casual than Kalamazoo, which is my benchmark for the most fun/lowest stress show on the planet, but with more games.
http://www.vfwpinball.com

I agree. Kalamazoo is a great show.
I've been going for 10 years.

The first day is when you can meet all the regional pinheads,
while we are all setting up our pins.

#462 10 years ago

I added WCS94 and Johnny Mnemonic to the collection this past week.

WCS94 needs a shop job and there's an 11 pin connector and header that are toast. Also has weak flippers. It's in the process of getting shopped out right now.

Johnny Mnemonic if FILTHY and has some minor issues with the hand. About 90% of the bulbs are in need of replacement.

20140227_061540[1].jpg20140227_061540[1].jpg
20140227_061522[1].jpg20140227_061522[1].jpg
20140304_195359[1].jpg20140304_195359[1].jpg
20140304_195407[1].jpg20140304_195407[1].jpg

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

WCS94 needs a shop job and there's an 11 pin connector and header that are toast. Also has weak flippers. It's in the process of getting shopped out right now.
Johnny Mnemonic if FILTHY and has some minor issues with the hand. About 90% of the bulbs are in need of replacement.

My WCS is coming next week! YAY!

Also, that JM isn't totally faded so good job scoring one that isn't all yellow on the cab. Gotta get back to digging out my walkout basement so I can get my new pin into the house!

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

My WCS is coming next week! YAY!
Also, that JM isn't totally faded so good job scoring one that isn't all yellow on the cab. Gotta get back to digging out my walkout basement so I can get my new pin into the house!

I tried digging out my walkout 2 weeks ago. The problem is now getting in the back yard. I've given up...

I can get the pins down the other set of stairs if I take the door knob off, so that works.

This snow really sucks because I have (2) California Speeds with the deluxe 33" monitors waiting to come in. The only way they'll come in is thru the walkout! I have to play them in the garage for now - at least it's heated.

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Sweet pins! Where did you get these two machines from?

20140227_061540[1].jpg 228 KB

20140227_061522[1].jpg 252 KB

20140304_195359[1].jpg 228 KB

20140304_195407[1].jpg 319 KB

#466 10 years ago

I don't reveal my sources and definitely not Craigslist.

#467 10 years ago

I posted some information in my party thread about hotel accommodations, but I thought I'd put it here too for people who might miss it...

Hotel information:

We have a block of 15 rooms reserved at the Days Inn, Grayling MI.

1-989-344-0204

Normally $90+tax, we have a rate of $70, tax included for Saturday night, (24th of May).

The block and special rate will expire May 1st.

When booking, tell them it is for the 'Moore Party' to get the special rate.

Rooms are two queen beds. And there will be a 'tip service' shuttle going back to the hotel a couple times during the night.

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

I tried digging out my walkout 2 weeks ago. The problem is now getting in the back yard. I've given up...
I can get the pins down the other set of stairs if I take the door knob off, so that works.
This snow really sucks because I have (2) California Speeds with the deluxe 33" monitors waiting to come in. The only way they'll come in is thru the walkout! I have to play them in the garage for now - at least it's heated.

Yep. I hear ya. Here's photo evidence of what I did so far. It's all uphill from here (literally)! My shovel broke too - heavy stuff.

Hey Michiganders, can we NOT buy/sell during these months and wait till the next thaw? I have seen some amazing deals in the past 3 months and I am in no way ready for any of it. Pinball at the Zoo can't come soon enough!

2014-03-06 17.08.39.jpg2014-03-06 17.08.39.jpg 2014-03-06 16.51.00.jpg2014-03-06 16.51.00.jpg
#469 10 years ago

I made the trip to the Louisville Arcade Expo and participated in the Classics Pinball Tourney. Qualified #2 and ended up taking 2nd Place in the finals which was a very nice payday and loads of fun competing against some very skilled opponents. Games played: Target Pool, Harlem Globetrotters, Cosmic Gunfight, Alien Star, Warlok, and Big Game.

I took my Dealer's Choice to the show for the free play area and it performed flawlessly for the whole expo. Overheard many complements on how it played and looked. May bring it to the MPE show in a few weeks.

Having a great time here in Louisville at the show. Will be making the trip in 2015 for sure.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I made the trip to the Louisville Arcade Expo and participated in the Classics Pinball Tourney. Qualified #2 and ended up taking 2nd Place in the finals which was a very nice payday

Dont break your arm patting yourself on your back.............

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Yep. I hear ya. Here's photo evidence of what I did so far. It's all uphill from here (literally)! My shovel broke too - heavy stuff.
Hey Michiganders, can we NOT buy/sell during these months and wait till the next thaw? I have seen some amazing deals in the past 3 months and I am in no way ready for any of it. Pinball at the Zoo can't come soon enough!

LOL, this is too funny. I've been doing the exact same thing multiple times this winter to get to my walkout. I know my neighbors must think I'm nuts and are always wondering "Well, there he goes again shoveling his lawn ...".

#472 10 years ago

Spotted this on the N.MI CL:

"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)
Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."

Might be a good idea if you can find people who would put their machines in your location, other than your typical op. Traverse City is somewhat isolated but a beautiful area to visit in the summer, I used to live there for about 6 years.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)
Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."
Might be a good idea if you can find people who would put their machines in your location, other than your typical op. Traverse City is somewhat isolated but a beautiful area to visit in the summer, I used to live there for about 6 years.

Oh man. TC has tons of foot traffic during the summer. Location, location, location!

I'll contact him and see and let him know about Pinside and Klov. No reason to pay retail.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I made the trip to the Louisville Arcade Expo and participated in the Classics Pinball Tourney. Qualified #2 and ended up taking 2nd Place in the finals which was a very nice payday and loads of fun competing against some very skilled opponents. Games played: Target Pool, Harlem Globetrotters, Cosmic Gunfight, Alien Star, Warlok, and Big Game.
I took my Dealer's Choice to the show for the free play area and it performed flawlessly for the whole expo. Overheard many complements on how it played and looked. May bring it to the MPE show in a few weeks.
Having a great time here in Louisville at the show. Will be making the trip in 2015 for sure.

Good job. Glad to see my old Dealers Choice is getting some exposure.

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

"Wanting to start a Arcade in TC, Need GAMES/Pinball - $1 (traverse city)Do you have Full Size Games laying around? I have a spot to rent in downtown Traverse City That would be perfect to make some money. Looking for vendors or just your average joe that wants to put his machine in here and collect quarters. We can do a 50/50 split. Maybe you want to sell a pinball machine, bring it here and let people enjoy it in a arcade setting. Please call/text 231-313-1232 if you have a game/pinball/or idea that may help our mission."

I helped clean out Fred Bragenzer's warehouse not too far North of TC (Ironton?). The route op I worked for bought a tuckload of EM's from him in 1983. Video games crashed and pins were now making more than new video games. The op had the bright idea that EM pins would also earn. It was a neat experiment which failed miserably.

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Good job. Glad to see my old Dealers Choice is getting some exposure.

Thanks Icecreamman, also congrats on your new additions to the pin family.

#477 10 years ago

After an hour of shoveling, the path was created. After Monday's melting, it looked really good (pic 1). This being Michigan, a snowstorm hit (pic 2). With me and the 1-year-old sick, I stayed inside today and the wifey did me a solid favor (pic 3).

Operation: New pinball on Saturday is now back on in full effect.

Side note: Can everyone with amazing pinball/arcade deals wait for the weather to get better? PLEASE???

2014-03-11 16.11.12.jpg2014-03-11 16.11.12.jpg 2014-03-12 09.46.06.jpg2014-03-12 09.46.06.jpg 2014-03-12 18.19.49.jpg2014-03-12 18.19.49.jpg
#478 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

After an hour of shoveling, the path was created. After Monday's melting, it looked really good (pic 1). This being Michigan, a snowstorm hit (pic 2). With me and the 1-year-old sick, I stayed inside today and the wifey did me a solid favor (pic 3).

Yup, another winter blast. Really getting tired of this crap, although we didn't get hit anywhere near as bad as you did.

Great wife you have there!

1 week later
#479 10 years ago

Anyone know if the new Rosie O'Gradys in Southgate has pinball or going to be setting up leagues like Chesterfield?

Just wondering.

Traveler

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I posted some information in my party thread

Heya tamoore, do you mind posting a link to your party thread? Not sure I knew that existed.

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Heya tamoore, do you mind posting a link to your party thread? Not sure I knew that existed.

Since tamoore is asleep at the keyboard, I'll post it for him:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-annual-red-rocket-arcadefinal-quarter-bar-spring-arcade-event#post-1446882

It will be a good time for sure, as the last few were. I plan on attending.

#482 10 years ago

Just a little reminder from the first page of this thread.

Quoted from RonB:

Upcoming 2014 Events:

April 3-6; Michigan Pinball Expo http://www.mipinball.com/

April 24-26; Pinball at the 'Zoo http://pinballatthezoo.com/

May 16-18; Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

May 24; tamoore's Pinball & BBQ Party with Live Music in Grayling

#483 10 years ago

Anyone going to the Expo next weekend? Pinbrawl V is a tournament that is giving away a NIB ST pro. Go to this website to register. http://www.mipinball.com/ Reistration has been extended to midnight Sunday.

#484 10 years ago

I'm considering on taking the trip up on Saturday... still trying to convince the other half, though.

#485 10 years ago

The NIB ST Pro doesn't look promising. Need 80 signed up, only 44 so far by the looks of the registration list.

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

The NIB ST Pro doesn't look promising. Need 80 signed up, only 44 so far by the looks of the registration list.

Yup that sucks if they don't make it. I talked to the guy running it he said that of it's not 80 then the raffle is $50 x how many people enter so at this point it's $2,200.

#487 10 years ago

Anyone from Michigan going to MGC? Still looking for transport for a game back to Michigan after the show.

#488 10 years ago

The Rosie O' Grady’s Pinball League will start again TODAY Tuesday, April 1st with our 3rd league.

Our leagues are focused on beginners and most importantly having fun. We usually have first timers playing so it's a lot of fun for everyone! To make things interesting, some weeks we may cover the flippers or inverse the flipper buttons on certain machines. If you’re new to pinball or haven’t played in years, this is would be a great opportunity to learn how to play the game.

How it works:

Our league consists of teams of four members, which will meet on Tuesdays at 7 PM for five weeks. There is only a onetime league fee of $10 per person and the games will be set to free play. We currently have seven pinball machines we play on.

If you are interested in joining or have any question, contact [email protected]

#489 10 years ago

<<Anyone know if the new Rosie O'Gradys in Southgate has pinball or going to be setting up leagues like Chesterfield?

There is not. I have been meaning to speak with the owner to see if they are interested in having pinball there as well. They just opened a few weeks ago.

#490 10 years ago

I wish I didn't work Saturday, I would love that shot at the Star Trek. Hopefully they get the 80 people needed.

#491 10 years ago

PinBrawl registration shows only 54 people on the web site.

#492 10 years ago
Quoted from mikedetroit:

<<Anyone know if the new Rosie O'Gradys in Southgate has pinball or going to be setting up leagues like Chesterfield?
There is not. I have been meaning to speak with the owner to see if they are interested in having pinball there as well. They just opened a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info. Haven't had a chance to stop by there as of yet.

#493 10 years ago

Count me in on the Michigan thread. I live in Muskegon. Newbie to the pinball scene. Bought my first and only machine so far about 10 months ago. (Firepower) Funny. I've wanted a machine for at least the last 30 years and finally pulled the trigger an bought one. Sad that I waited until I was 60 before I got my first one. Better late than never. Trying to learn repairs as I go, so far so good. Have successfully repaired all issues that I have come across so far. Almost more fun than actually playing. Looking forward to going to the Pinball at the Zoo on the 24th. Nice to have a club Michigan thread. Hope my wife doesn't throw me out as I can see the addiction to this hobby may easily get out of hand. LOL Jack....

#494 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Count me in on the Michigan thread. I live in Muskegon. Newbie to the pinball scene. Bought my first and only machine so far about 10 months ago. (Firepower) Funny. I've wanted a machine for at least the last 30 years and finally pulled the trigger an bought one. Sad that I waited until I was 60 before I got my first one. Better late than never. Trying to learn repairs as I go, so far so good. Have successfully repaired all issues that I have come across so far. Almost more fun than actually playing. Looking forward to going to the Pinball at the Zoo on the 24th. Nice to have a club Michigan thread. Hope my wife doesn't throw me out as I can see the addiction to this hobby may easily get out of hand. LOL Jack....

For a classic example of an addiction gone crazy, try to make it to John Dayhuff's pre-PATZ party in Battle Creek. If you can't, there is always his Saturday bash in the Fall. And, before Memorial Day is Tamoore's bash near Grayling.

#495 10 years ago

Anyone know who won Pinbrawl by chance?

#496 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

For a classic example of an addiction gone crazy, try to make it to John Dayhuff's pre-PATZ party in Battle Creek. If you can't, there is always his Saturday bash in the Fall. And, before Memorial Day is Tamoore's bash near Grayling.

Thanks MrBally. I've seen a lot of John's photos of his place and previous parties. Would love to go but alas, I work the weekends, 12 hour 3rd shifts Friday & Saturday nights. Semi-retired so that gives me Sun-thurs off. But I am definitely going to PATZ on opening day Thursday. Do you think I would be able to buy pop bumper rebuild parts there for a Firepower? Or is it just lights and such like that.

#497 10 years ago

Thunder424, my team won the B division.

#498 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Thanks MrBally. I've seen a lot of John's photos of his place and previous parties. Would love to go but alas, I work the weekends, 12 hour 3rd shifts Friday & Saturday nights. Semi-retired so that gives me Sun-thurs off. But I am definitely going to PATZ on opening day Thursday. Do you think I would be able to buy pop bumper rebuild parts there for a Firepower? Or is it just lights and such like that.

John's party is the day BEFORE PATZ, so you can totally go if you are free on Wednesday afternoon to evening. Details will be coming soon!

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from Thunder424:

Anyone know who won Pinbrawl by chance?

Zach Sharpe and Dave won A.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

Count me in on the Michigan thread.

Welcome, and you'll be wanting more pins for sure!

As Mr. Bally stated, try to make John Dayhuff's party, great collection!

I'll be at PATZ as well, but on Sat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,490.00
$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,600 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 990 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcometo-club-michigan/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.