20190203_221725 (resized).jpg
20190203_140247 (resized).jpg
0201192011a (resized).jpg
0201192012 (resized).jpg
0201192010_HDR (resized).jpg
20180918_185138 (resized).jpg
97634519-2CD7-4330-95A8-957B0A74F4F4.gif
20190131_010732 (resized).jpg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Is that a special bulb or a regular red LED?

I ordered the T-Rex "lava" mod light from timspinballmods.com

It really pops on the pinball.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Brandon101884:

Was the original side art on this machine stencil, or a sticker? I’ve been looking around for reproduction pieces but I can’t find but one site that sells it... Retro Refurbs. Anyone order from them before? Decent quality?

There are some on ebay and a couple of other sites I saw. I can't speak to the quality of retro refurbs. Sorry.

#103 5 years ago

I also remember unplugging CN7 from the backboard to stop the annoying GI flashing. Works on most other data east and sega games as well.

#104 5 years ago

I am considering side blades, but the ones I really like seem to come from overseas, abd the shipping is over $500. Im not paying that much in shipping. Does anyone know anywhere else I can get these or can get them vectored and printed?

Screenshot_2019-02-04-15-02-02 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-04-15-02-02 (resized).png
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

shipping is over $500.

lol, what? Who charges that much??

#106 5 years ago

Wow, for $500 you could probably pay a professional artist to paint you custom art blades!

#107 5 years ago

Your first picture is just the backboard scanned, stretched and cut to the side profile. Should be easy to have a printing company recreate if you scan your backer board, cut to fit even. If that's the one you like

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I also remember unplugging CN7 from the backboard to stop the annoying GI flashing. Works on most other data east and sega games as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east/

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Thats the company that said it would be 500 to ship. Thats 500 "euros," so even more in american dollars.

That’s because they are not allowed to sell products to the United States. Copy right problems. Do a search on pinside and you will find the work around.

#114 5 years ago

I also have the gi smoother. It’s wonderful for JP and TFTC.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

That’s because they are not allowed to sell products to the United States. Copy right problems. Do a search on pinside and you will find the work around.

Im not exactly sure what to look for. This same company has a decal set i am looking for as well. I will pm you.

#116 5 years ago

I received the remainder of my LEDs today and I finished. I opted to put "not so bright" LEDs in the backbox and to leave several areas with no bulbs. I feel there just isnt much to be done with the backbox color-wise...at least, not that I have discovered.

I received my black leg bolts to be added on later, and my LED bumper lights (i may put those on in a little bit).

I got my 3rd dino topper (pictured below):

20190204_152856 (resized).jpg20190204_152856 (resized).jpg
#117 5 years ago

I got caught up fixing up another pin and i didnt have time to do what i wanted with JP. I planned on putting on the LED bumper lights, but i didnt realize i needed to glue some pieces and let them sit. Looks like i will get to them tomorrow.

#118 5 years ago

I got caught up fixing another pin and I didn't realize I needed to glue the LED bumper posts lights, so they will have to wait until tomorrow.

I am going to take this time to just say that all LEDs are not equal. I have not experimented this much with them before, but i tried everything...different companies, colors, brightnesses, styles, etc. I used 5 different companies LEDs, and in the future there are only 2 that will get my business. I dont want to disparage any company...but there are 2 that stand head and shoulders above the rest.

#119 5 years ago

Congratulations on the JP good luck with the modding!

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from tac007:

I added this little jeep to mine. Looks great
[quoted image]

Where is the jeep from? That looks great!!!!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I got caught up fixing another pin and I didn't realize I needed to glue the LED bumper posts lights, so they will have to wait until tomorrow.
I am going to take this time to just say that all LEDs are not equal. I have not experimented this much with them before, but i tried everything...different companies, colors, brightnesses, styles, etc. I used 5 different companies LEDs, and in the future there are only 2 that will get my business. I dont want to disparage any company...but there are 2 that stand head and shoulders above the rest.

I used Comet in my Pinbot and am pretty happy with them. Which ones do you prefer?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I used Comet in my Pinbot and am pretty happy with them. Which ones do you prefer?

Comet and cointaker are definitely the best.

@ryanwanger at Comet Pinball was a HUGE help to me. He answered my many questions and even had suggestions and recommendations based on what I was looking for. I would highly recommend using Comet Pinball to anyone looking to add LEDs.

#123 5 years ago

Agreed, I was happy with Comet all the way around. Good pricing, fast shipping and good selection of colors and types.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from JurassicJarvis:

Where is the jeep from? That looks great!!!!

Matchbox Jurassic World Legacy.
Sold at Target stores.

IMG_20190205_124418671 (resized).jpgIMG_20190205_124418671 (resized).jpgIMG_20190205_124538844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190205_124538844 (resized).jpg
#125 5 years ago

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't done much to JP.

I still have several mods waiting to be put on.
Moving JP gate, moving raptor in the cage, side art blades, LED pop bumpers, scoop lights, cliffys, LED strips behind dino sign in the back, and trees.

I have also ordered the color dmd to put on.

I am still waiting on an order from the pinball center for some decal sets, and I have another dinosaur being shipped. I also plan on ordering some scoops from yoyokopter.

I just need to get some time to do it.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I still have several mods waiting to be put on.

Buying mods is much more fun than installing them.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Buying mods is much more fun than installing them.

Yes. Yes it is.

Mine are backing up, lol. I just need a day off and I will get to them.

#128 5 years ago

In land of opinions; here is mine. Do not put pinsound in your game...period. Getting bitchy at that? Put it in. That’s fine. However, a true fan or pinhead that finds the Williams score to be cherished understands the danger John, in what you are doing. What’s going to happen when you put pinsound in your game? Something most or all of us may afford if we want. I’ll tell ya what’s gonna happen. You are gonna be watching the Blu Ray one day, John Hammond is gonna say “There it is.” And ya know what, you won’t feel shit. Not a thing. You would have introduced that score into your life by putting it into your freakin pin to be heard daily. Arguably worse, what happens if you go to Universal orlando and experience the “Jurassic Park the Ride” or the new supercoaster rumored to go up. Your scientists were too preoccupied thinking if they could they didnt stop to think if they should. While none of you have asked my opinion: “There it is.”

2 weeks later
#130 5 years ago

For those wondering, I have not been doing anything with JP lately. This is the busy time at my work, and I just haven't been able. I have received most of my mods, however, and i just need to put them on.
I am still waiting on the yoyokopter scoop mods (pictured below) and I am waiting on a custom paint job on my Tim's mod opening gate mod (also pictured below):

I am going to wait to do the side art blades last, so that means it looks like the raptor crate and sone lighting strips are next. I have to figure out how to attach these back cab led strips. I have some 6v and 12 v strips.

Screenshot_2019-02-22-11-18-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-22-11-18-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-22-11-18-34 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-22-11-18-34 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-24-21-33-50 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-24-21-33-50 (resized).png
#131 5 years ago

Gate looks nice!!

#132 5 years ago

Got my gate in the mail today! Thank you PantherCityPins

Screenshot_2019-02-27-00-55-44 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-02-27-00-55-44 (resized).png
#133 5 years ago

Welcome! Hope you like it!

#134 5 years ago

1 year later
#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This is what I have. Id like the yoyocopter 3d scoops over the loop combo honestly. Maybe some day?
I think i need to put some diffusion on my leds of my gate. This was another gate done by another pinsider before tims came out.
Also the led color dmd is so much better. Its a 90’s game, it just makes it look like its a badass 90’s game instead of a computer monitor. Lcds are the the birds.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the location icon signs? I've been looking and can't find them. Thanks!

1 month later
#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I replaced the cracked start button today.
I have actually tried to replace it before with no success. It is like so many other things on a pinball: delicate but force is needed.
I just couldn't get it out to change it before.

I ended up just changing the broken lense (since that was all that was cracked). I used a flat head screwdriver to carefully pry the lens out of the housing. I bet a butter knife would work too, though.

The housing wasnt really budging, and i felt it would break if i continued. I was a bit annoyed about having to buy the entire mechanism when i really just needed the outside lens, but if it ever fails...it seems like i would have to break it to get it off...so i already have the replacement.

Great thread. Thanks for sharing.

Can you elaborate on this start button removal a bit? My button sticks a bit...and I really want to fix it, but not sure if it is worth the effort/risk of removing it. It is just annoying that the first think you touch at the start of a game isn't perfect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-tojurassic-park-a-dinomite-mod/page/3?hl=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.