20190203_221725 (resized).jpg
20190203_140247 (resized).jpg
0201192011a (resized).jpg
0201192012 (resized).jpg
0201192010_HDR (resized).jpg
20180918_185138 (resized).jpg
97634519-2CD7-4330-95A8-957B0A74F4F4.gif
20190131_010732 (resized).jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I will give it a try and report back.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone used bright yellow LEDs under the pop bumper? If so, do you have pics?

I tried bright white and bright yellow in both warm and cool and didn't like the look of the pops with LEDs. The only thing that worked is bright pink believe it or not. Also looks great under yellow inserts! It gives off a deep rich yellow/gold look.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I tried bright white and bright yellow in both warm and cool and didn't like the look of the pops with LEDs. The only thing that worked is bright pink believe it or not. Also looks great under yellow inserts! It gives off a deep rich yellow/gold look.

Thank you! I will try it!

#55 5 years ago

BTW your order will be in the mail tomorrow!

#56 5 years ago

I fixed the woodscrew problem, added more LEDs, and added the pteranodons.

I have quite a few mods coning to me in the mail over the next few days! Im excited!

20190131_010732 (resized).jpg20190131_010732 (resized).jpg
#57 5 years ago

Nice! I've been stalled on mine, need to do some playfield insert repair. Then on to playfield swap. All my mods are here, just begging me to install.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nice! I've been stalled on mine, need to do some playfield insert repair. Then on to playfield swap. All my mods are here, just begging me to install.

I feel your pain. I have 5 machines right now...only one of which (jurassic park) that is fully working.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I feel your pain. I have 5 machines right now...only one of which (jurassic park) that is fully working.

4 here, 1 working fully

#60 5 years ago

4 here, 1 working fully

In all fairness...one is a project. One has a sound issue but plays (i believe i need a sound rom replaced), one is cycling (i need a couple of small parts), and one is the battery holder.

All small fixes, but not 100% working by any means.

#61 5 years ago

I am on pins and needles waiting for my mod items to come in. I am at a stopping point right at the moment, until they arrive.

For those interested, I have to say that after trying multiple options, I really think that frosted, non-ghosting bulbs are best for the GI (I used comet pinball in sunlight tone). They give off the perfect amount of light without being blinding.
The #89 flashers seem to work best either left as incandescents or just going with the LEAST BRIGHT led possible.

The inserts really dont seem improved with color matching. I like them to be as bright and bold as possible, and that comes from the white bulbs. The colored bulbs tend to change the hue and maje them darker. In my opinion, LEDs are meant to make the game lighter...so wouldn't that be contrary to the point?

The backbox seems to work best with incandescents or just white led bulbs. The leds can show up through the translite, however, so you could not put some in...or make sure to use lowered brightness.

Has anyone had any luck with a color combo in the backbox? If do, what did you do?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone had any luck with a color combo in the backbox? If do, what did you do?

No. Warm white. That is what looks good.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The inserts really dont seem improved with color matching. I like them to be as bright and bold as possible, and that comes from the white bulbs. The colored bulbs tend to change the hue and maje them darker. In my opinion, LEDs are meant to make the game lighter...so wouldn't that be contrary to the point?

1. I told you so
2. Leds were not invented to make the game brighter.

Historically the main issue with pinball lighting was it caused a lot of heat, and these machines are made to be left on all day on location, which causes a bunch of bad things to happen.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. I told you so
2. Leds were not invented to make the game brighter.
Historically the main issue with pinball lighting was it caused a lot of heat, and these machines are made to be left on all day on location, which causes a bunch of bad things to happen.

I could certainly see how some people would want to use colored leds for inserts, but that wasnt my goal. All of mine are intact and dont have cracks, so colored bulbs didnt make sense for me.

Brightness was/is truly my goal, and what most hobbyists goals are. I turn my pinballs off, so heat is of zero concern for me.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I could certainly see how some people would want to use colored leds for inserts, but that wasnt my goal.

Agreed

#66 5 years ago

I used colored for most of my inserts and love the look.

#67 5 years ago

yep.

#68 5 years ago

I replaced the cracked start button today.
I have actually tried to replace it before with no success. It is like so many other things on a pinball: delicate but force is needed.
I just couldn't get it out to change it before.

I ended up just changing the broken lense (since that was all that was cracked). I used a flat head screwdriver to carefully pry the lens out of the housing. I bet a butter knife would work too, though.

The housing wasnt really budging, and i felt it would break if i continued. I was a bit annoyed about having to buy the entire mechanism when i really just needed the outside lens, but if it ever fails...it seems like i would have to break it to get it off...so i already have the replacement.

As an addendum...i opted not to put an LED bulb in. It just seemed pointless. I want the playfield bright, not necessarily the start button or coin reject buttons. Brightness in those might actually be distracting.

#69 5 years ago

Do you have a pic of yours? I just want to compare it with all colored inserts?

#70 5 years ago

Do you have a good pic of your inserts lit?

Where did you get the t-rex teeth?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As an addendum...i opted not to put an LED bulb in. It just seemed pointless. I want the playfield bright, not necessarily the start button or coin reject buttons. Brightness in those might actually be distracting.

Bro LEDs also LAST LONGER. I would have put one in just so you didnt have to open it again....like ever.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you have a good pic of your inserts lit?
Where did you get the t-rex teeth?

I might be able to makea gif real quick stand by.

The Trex and teeth are all included with the winteriscoming trex mod that is discontinued. Id gladly sell my trex assembly for $1000 cash and carry, lol!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Bro LEDs also LAST LONGER. I would have put one in just so you didnt have to open it again....like ever.

It's brighter or nothing Dammit!!!

#74 5 years ago
97634519-2CD7-4330-95A8-957B0A74F4F4.gif97634519-2CD7-4330-95A8-957B0A74F4F4.gif
#76 5 years ago

I teceived a lot of goodies today...right as i was leaving for work

#77 5 years ago

I added this little jeep to mine. Looks great

20180918_185138 (resized).jpg20180918_185138 (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you have a pic of yours? I just want to compare it with all colored inserts?

I'll take some, it's getting ready for a playfield swap but I think it's still together enough to get.

#79 5 years ago

Damn, that color DMD looks great!

#80 5 years ago

Damn, that color DMD looks great!

Right? Go LED or GO HOOOOOME.

#81 5 years ago

I'm following along to see what mods are next. I already changed my lights all to LED's and it really brings out the colors of the plastics. Question I have what are people doing for the center of the playfield? I usually play with my lights off overhead, but with JP i have to turn the lights on as the ball can get lost in the dark IMO. Is anyone else seeing this, and what is the favorite option to overcome this? Spotlights? Pinstadium??

#82 5 years ago

Here are some shots and video of the colored led inserts. Huge caveat... that's the old playfield! And yes, the backbox is a bit too bright, been meaning to take some bulbs out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6kApuU193ny2Y2729

0201192010_HDR (resized).jpg0201192010_HDR (resized).jpg0201192011a (resized).jpg0201192011a (resized).jpg0201192012 (resized).jpg0201192012 (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I'm following along to see what mods are next. I already changed my lights all to LED's and it really brings out the colors of the plastics. Question I have what are people doing for the center of the playfield? I usually play with my lights off overhead, but with JP i have to turn the lights on as the ball can get lost in the dark IMO. Is anyone else seeing this, and what is the favorite option to overcome this? Spotlights? Pinstadium??

I am still putting in LEDs and experimenting with colors. I am probably 95% finished with LEDs though.

The color leds under the inserts make it considerably darker. I recommend going with at least a warm white bulb under the inserts...if not something brighter. I used sunlight white from comet pinball.
Frosted bulbs are a must for the GI.

I received the cliffy protectors, but i will gave to do them tomorrow. I am expecting my major mods to arrive in the mail tomorrow.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Pinstadium? Hell no... Worst tasteless idea in pinball history. Why we have plastics and inserts designed for backlit if we have Pinstadium?
Spotlight is a bit better, but hardware looks odd, especially in lower playfield area.
What about lighted starposts? Discreet, and no need external hardware, only built in lights.

#85 5 years ago

Man, everytime I see that upgraded TRex, I want to buy a JP. Then I realize "Nope......that's not factory", and I sigh softly.

Such a shame that mod cannot be mass produced. Definitely makes the list of "Top 5 mods that actually does improve a game."

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, everytime I see that upgraded TRex, I want to buy a JP. Then I realize "Nope......that's not factory", and I sigh softly.
Such a shame that mod cannot be mass produced. Definitely makes the list of "Top 5 mods that actually does improve a game."

I am (obviously) not a big believer in leaving things "factory." If it improves a game, I am all for it. If you have intentions on selling it sooner than later, then make sure you are spending wisely.

JP is a great game regardless of the t-rex mod. I think the t-rex actually looks just fine. If anything...I would add the teeth mod. Someone needs to just do that one.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have ordered the pop bumper led rings. Amber/white configuration.

Interested to see how this looks. I was thinking of using yellow.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Interested to see how this looks. I was thinking of using yellow.

They have quite a few options. Some are the same color on top and bottom (eg. green/green), and there are several that offer a color on top and a white color on the bottom (eg. Amber/natural white).

I was advised to go with the 2 color option. I hope it works well.

#90 5 years ago

Received my mods from outcida today! When I get home later, i will start putying them in!

I still have more items coming next week.

Im getting there....

#91 5 years ago

That is what I used.

Quoted from Daditude:

I have ordered the pop bumper led rings. Amber/white configuration.

#92 5 years ago

@Chitownpinball
"Id like the yoyocopter 3d scoops over the loop combo honestly. Maybe some day?"

Where have you seen these? I am not sure what you are referring to there.

#94 5 years ago

I put up the east dock sign. It looks great!

Also pictured is the ceramic ball (the "egg").
It is such a big improvement over a regular silver pinball...I just wish they were cheaper...

You can also see my gate is unattached. I am about to put on the new one (Tim's motorized opening gate).

20190203_140247 (resized).jpg20190203_140247 (resized).jpg
#95 5 years ago

That sign looks sweet. Will be great with a motorized gate. Love the ceramic ball too! Looks like you hit that ceramic ball and smash it into the target? Sorry, never played Jurassic Park!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not really concerned about price (obviously, lol), but I just want the best machine for me.

Ok. I recommend whatever mods you like.

#97 5 years ago

I added the T-Rex "lava" light mod

20190203_221725 (resized).jpg20190203_221725 (resized).jpg
#98 5 years ago

Is that a special bulb or a regular red LED?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Is that a special bulb or a regular red LED?

He replaced the yellow saucer with a red one, and lit it.

#100 5 years ago

Was the original side art on this machine stencil, or a sticker? I’ve been looking around for reproduction pieces but I can’t find but one site that sells it... Retro Refurbs. Anyone order from them before? Decent quality?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-tojurassic-park-a-dinomite-mod/page/2?hl=tac007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.