(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2544 4 years ago

Having issues with my T-Rex not grabbing the ball. It regret more than half of the attempts, so it's really affecting gameplay.

Anyone else have to fix this? Any suggestions?

#2659 4 years ago

Is this the official Stern topper?

3 weeks later
#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

T-REX not Grabbing ball Consistently SOLVED.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to post this here as it may help some of you who are also having problems with the T-Rex not grabbing the ball consistently.
First of all, I did the mechanical adjustments that were listed previously in this thread by Keith and other posters regarding proper alignment of the T-rex. I ensured that when the T-rex opened his mouth that his jaw was resting lightly on the ramp and adjusted the T-rex left and right bias to make her jaw line up with the middle of the ramp. However, she still only grabbed the ball about 20% of the time. The other times it would just go in her mouth come back out and not even start the event. This made me realize that she was not being activated to grab the ball.
I went into switch mode and tested the opto on the trex ramp. it would trigger only if I placed a pinball directly on the ramp. If i raised the pinball even 1/8th of an inch off the ramp the the opto would disengage. I then tested the opto in the "O" lane. I could raise the ball 1/4 to 1/2 and inch and the opto would still be engaged. so with this information I realized I needed to raise the optics on the ramp because my pinball was jumping over the opto 70% of the time. However, there was no easy way to raise the opto as it is attached directly to the ramp. At this point I called Chaz at Stern, explained the problem, and asked if he knew of a way to raise these optics. He did not and suggested write a email and send pictures so he could forward to engineering.
However, once I got off the phone and realized there was not going to be an easy way to raise the optics, I started to think of other solutions. What I came up with is not elegant, but it works.
I covered the bottom half of the opto with tape.(see tape on ramp in the pictures below). This effectively raised the optics without physically moving it.
Now when in switch mode, i could raise the ball about 1/4 to half an inch off the ramp and the opto would still engage.
I then tested in game. Now, once the Trex opens her mouth to start a Trex mode, 100% of the shots to the ramp are recognized(starting the Trex event) and she grabs the ball about 80% - 90% of the time.
This is obviously not a permanent solution, but will work until I think of something else or Stern gets back to me.
hope this helps![quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the fix everyone is going with?

I can always start T-REX multiball, but outside of that, when it comes to starting modes, it registers like 10-20% of the time.

Most shots just seem to bounce of the jaw and roll back down.

Makes it pretty hard to play the game.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Not for me, but 1 or 2 of 10 times he eat is very low. You sure you make a hard clean shot to it?

Yup! As I said, for the multiball, it makes it pretty much every time. Just after that, for the T-Rex chase mode or whatever, it will barely catch.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Seems like the main physical adjustments are 1) making sure the jaw is touching the ramp when lowered, 2) an opto adjustment so it will register and trigger the magnet for the catch if the ball hops up a bit entering the ramp, and 3) maybe flipper power to some extent (reducing power a bit). Other than repair issues like screws falling out it seems to be a combination of those adjustments that’s helped a lot of people, including me. I haven’t played with the software adjustments at all though.

Maybe I need to take a slo-mo video to see if the ball is hopping. The jaw is resting right on the ramp.

I wish they would have tested these things more at Stern before sending them out!

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

The jaw is more aligned to the left correct?
Get an mail from stern by Chas, he told me “Check the optical switch (#58) at the entrance of the ramp. This switch signals the T-rex to eat the ball. In some cases the switch is activated on the way down instead of the way up.”
Im not sure if i understand this...

It will s a bit to the left...

Can I change the bias to correct this? If so, how? There Isa setting for left and right, and then + and -. I'm very confused.

Why not just have T-Rex alignment and then give option to go left or right?!?

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

All calibration is done is software. Use the last 3 adjustments in the ADJ-GAME menu to calibrate home position bias as well as left and right. If t-rex is dropping too far to the right move the bias a couple steps negative. Too far left move it a couple steps positive.

I'm confused with having 3 bias settings.

If T-Rex is off to the left a bit when the jaw is down on the ramp waiting for the ball, then do I adjust the left, right, or home bias?

Do I adjust positive or negative?

Wouldn't it make more sense to owners to just have one alignment setting that can understandably go either left or right? Maybe even up or down?

Would really appreciate some info on this.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3748 4 years ago

Anyone know what I can do to fix the vertical alignment here:

The T-Rex is slamming down on the ramp so much that it's shaking screws loose!

#3750 4 years ago

So you can't change the vertical alignment in settings like you can change the horizontal bias?

Also, the instructions at the end for the vertical adjustment aren't very clear. It tells you to go into the vertical motor test, press start to open the jaw, then it jumps right into physically moving the mech and tightening nuts.

The diagram says not to remove nuts, so I'm guessing you loosen the 4 nuts, and after you get the jaw open, you are just adjusting the height of it by hand and then tightening it back up?

Is this done behind the backboard, and can I be done by just pulling the pf out onto the service rails?

Thanks.

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yes, and yes. This is how I did it to the tune of about a 90% successful grab rate.

Quoted from estrader:

Yes there are 4 nuts or screws you have to loosen. Then slide the mechanism up or down to desired position. Pretty easy actually once you find the screws/nuts(can’t recall screws vs nuts)

Were you able to do this by just pulling the game out onto the service rails?

And are the nuts not easy to find? Looks like they're right out in the open.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

One other thing: Again if I'm remembering right I think the best way to adjust the nuts is with the T-Rex in the center position of the vertical test, not with it's jaw lowered. So check the jaw position, return the T-Rex to the middle position of the vertical test in software, adjust the nuts, lower the jaw & check it, then repeat as needed. I remember not being able to adjust the mount position very much if the T-Rex was in the upper or lower position of the vertical test.

But wouldn't the lower position allow you to adjust so it is lightly touching the ramp once the jaw opens?

In the middle position, how could you tell how closely it is contacting the ramp?

#3782 4 years ago

Museum Mayhem is awesome!

SPOILER ALERT!

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Pretty sure THIS screw came out of my trex cause now its having difficulty catching the ball in its mouth. Anyone been through this?[quoted image]

Check the ramp and to plastics. My T-Rex jaw was hitting the ramp so hard it was loosening screws!

I've had to adjust the vertical alignment of my T-Rex.

1 week later
#3997 4 years ago

New code is awesome... This isn't!

This game has been coming apart screw by screw.

Anyone know if I can get these screws back in without taking the entire T-Rex out?

IMG_20200109_000937 (resized).jpgIMG_20200109_000937 (resized).jpg
#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Just do the first 2 steps shown here to get access to put screws back in.. supers easy and super quick
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/60#post-5318928

Can only find one screw.

Need to get two more. Would a hardware store carry them?

Also, would putting locktite on the screws be a good idea when I put it back together?

#4014 4 years ago

Anyone know if putting Locktite blue on the 3 screw that hold the plastic jaw on, would be a good idea?

My T-Rex jaw dropped right off, and I'm only able to find 1 of the screws. Waiting to see if Stern can send me more, or if I can find them at a hardware store, but when I do get them, I' thinking they need to be put in their ore secure, because with all the movement, this is going to happen again.

#4023 4 years ago

Next issue... The raptor gate isn't flush with the pf, so balls are getting stuck there, and often I start games with a ball already in there.

Is there any way to adjust the height of the gate?

1 week later
#4187 4 years ago

Anybody else getting the pock marks on their ramps flaps???

IMG_20200118_213653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_213726 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#4543 4 years ago

Was one T-Rex start away from starting Nublar, and this stupid T-Rex has gone back to rejecting balls.

I'm frustrated because I've been fighting with this mech since I got the game.

In the instructions from Stern, it says the alignment should be such that when the jaw opens, it barely touched the ramp. Even in the highest position with the bolts in the back of the mech, the jaw still comes down on the ramp with a this.

Anyone else getting rejections, or found a way to fix this?

#4550 4 years ago

Another issue I am having is that the flippers seem to be a lot weaker than when I initially started playing the game out of the box. I have other Sterns that have the same snappy power even after years of play.

I changed the coil stops but that did not do anything.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There's a new factory fix for the ramp otpo issue, involving this bad boy right here:
[quoted image]
Installation photos & instructions to come.

This is coming directly from Stern?

What is involved in installing it? Does the ramp have to come off?

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good news, it's super easy. Takes about a minute. You only have to remove two screws, and possibly loosen a third (mine was already loose). Apologies for my crappy camera.
Here's the original part (bottom), new part (middle), and the two screws you have to remove. Notice they aren't the same type of screw; don't mix them up. The one on the right has coarser threads since it screws into the black plastic opto housing.
[quoted image]
Here's a "before" shot:
[quoted image]
Remove the two screws circled in red. You may need to slightly loosen the screw circled in yellow, to allow the clear plastic shield/roof to rotate.
[quoted image]
Rotate the clear plastic counter-clockwise, out of the way:
[quoted image]
Remove the metal protector from the left side of the ramp. The front piece where it curves tightly around the edge can be stubborn. Rotate it up and toward the player to "peel" it off the front edge. You should be left with this:
[quoted image]
Install the new metal piece. Again, the front edge can be stubborn. Push/flex the ramp wall inward to make room for the tightly curved end to slide on. Now you should have this:
[quoted image]
Rotate the clear plastic back in place, and reattach the screws. Don't mix 'em up! Don't forget re-tighten the third screw. Now you should have this:
[quoted image]
You're done! Go catch some dinosaurs.

Did this resolve the issue of the T-Rex rejecting balls?

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi guys,
So Teddy my T-Rex's jaw fell off and I can only find the two screws. I've gone through earlier posts and it seems as though this has happened to a few people. I can't find the third screw. As per the picture, the two screws here I think both come from the two side holes near the back of the jaw. One was still in the jaw (side) when I pulled it off the playfield and the opposite side and the front middle hole were empty. I found a screw in the cabinet that is identical to the one which remained in the jaw so I'm presuming I am missing the screw for the middle front hole.
Someone mentioned that particular screw may be a little shorter than the others? I can do another pass in my cabinet but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody have the specific size of that particular screw so I can just replace it? Or for the meantime, can I get away with just the two screws in the sides?
I'm already dreading putting this bad boy back on, I'm new to the hobby and have done some small mods (shooter rod, headphone jack) but this repair freaks me out a bit. Already hyperventilating. I can use the photo guide posted earlier (thanks for that) but if there are any other pointers in reassembling the jaw I'd be delighted to hear them.
Might also just contact my dealer and see if they will handle it under warranty and then just have them come in to fix Teddy and watch very carefully and ask questions.
I've also for the moment disabled everything related to the Rex so the game is still playable in the interim.
Thanks as always, folks![quoted image]

Had the exact thing happen to me. Putting the jaw back on is simple, so don't sweat it.

I also lost screws, so I contacted Stern to get replacements to ensure I was using the correct screws.

I'd suggest using a little locktite blue to keep them in place.

1 month later
#5051 4 years ago

So with the new code, can settings be changed so that the T-Rex hit is qualified by the ball passing through the opto, rather than the ball having to enter the mouth? I get loads of rejects, even though it's a clean shot.

#5053 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

From the Release Notes.....

So default is that the T-Rex must catch it?

1 month later
#5364 3 years ago

Having a load of issues with this T-Rex! Posted in the other JP group, but figured Prem/LE owners might be able to help out.

Took some slow-mo vids of me taking shots at the T-Rex.

I've also noticed I've been getting a surprising amount of failed shots to the ramp when the T-Rex head it out of the way. Seems to either rattle at the opening, and not make it all the way up and roll back down for a guaranteed SDTM.

I have my game set at 6.5 degrees, and I've also replaced my coil stops. I also have the ramp opto fix from Stern installed.

Not sure what else to do here.

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Not a huge deal and I know page 5 of the manual recommends 6.5°, but consensus is the optimum gameplay pitch is ideal at 7°. Just an FYI.

You guys cranking legs all the way up to get 7? I've got the levellers more than half way put to get 6.5.

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My front legs are almost all the way down, so pretty much all my pitch is from jacking the rear levelers up.

My front legs are down completely, and the rear is 60% up and it's at 6.5-6.6.

#5386 3 years ago

In the lowest vertical position should the head of the T-Rex sort of sit between the sides of the ramp so that it cannot freely move left and right without hitting the ramp?

Also, should the assembly in the back rock back and forth this much?

#5387 3 years ago

One more issue to tackle as well. The truck doesn't spin unless it's a perfectly placed shot to the button of the stationary ball.

I remember I used to get it spinning from upper flipper shots, but now they barely budge it.

Anyone have this happen and know of a fix?

6 months later
#6398 3 years ago

Quick question... Does Game Adjustment #331 change how much the jaw opens?

My T-Rex jaw is not touching the ramp, causing many of the shots to hit the bottom edge of the jaw, and reject.

If I lower the assembly, the sides of the jaw make contact with the side of the ramp, creating a bigger problem.

Anyone?

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure how many (if any) have played with the latest T-Rex adjustments. I would suggest you note down the current setting and then try adjusting to see what that particular adjustment does and whether it was useful. If not then return it back to the original setting. Hope you get it sorted and if you discover what the various adjustments do then please share as I’m sure there’ll be others in the future looking for this info.

Latest adjustments?

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure how many (if any) have played with the latest T-Rex adjustments. I would suggest you note down the current setting and then try adjusting to see what that particular adjustment does and whether it was useful. If not then return it back to the original setting. Hope you get it sorted and if you discover what the various adjustments do then please share as I’m sure there’ll be others in the future looking for this info.

What's the "latest adjustment"?

My issue still is that I can't get the T-Rex jaw to touch the ramp, without the sides of the heads making contact with the ramp.

Can the jaw be opened wider without lowering the head?

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Sorry, I'd heard there were new T-Rex adjustments in 1.03 however on checking it seems there was only one - the T-Rex Mech Driver will now home the motor after all T-Rex throws.

Yeah, noticed that too.

I wish there was a way to adjust the height of the T-Rex head.

1 year later
#8790 1 year ago

Posted this on the main club, but figured it might be better here:

Does anyone know of the backboard can be taken off without too much hassle?

As for as I can see, the T-Rex assembly is mounted to the back of the backboard, but the ramps just go through the cutouts.

There maybe be a few posts and screws keeping everything tight and in place, so hoping I can get it off without too much difficulty.

Any thoughts?

4 weeks later
#8838 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cliffy protectors are always an option too. Protectors seem to perform the same function, just depends on the look you prefer.
[quoted image]

You could also use mylar.

In my experience, Cliffy and other protectors can affect the ball launch. Mylar is your thinnest option, so there are no physical changes to the game.

I also power the power on the trough eject, and you're golden.

2000+ games on JP, and shooter looks new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=wizardscastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.