(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 4 years ago

Got my LE deposit in a couple weeks ago. This is going to be my first machine ever! Of course I've already been scouring the interwebs for mods. I'm looking at first getting the amber shooter rod then I really want to replace that jeep (voted!). So many questions already! Is this a good forum to ask or should I post elsewhere? (This is also my first post ever so I don't want to break the rules! )

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Welcome. Just don’t walk around wearing this guys mug and you are all set.
[quoted image]

NOTED! About the best I could do is grab a photo of my original JP VHS tape. I watched that thing religiously.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Congrats and welcome.
I was a newbie just a few weeks ago.
MY buddy is designing some mods so we will see them soon. All things mods lets rock it.

Looking forward to seeing! I've enjoyed following what you've shared already.

The amber rod with the other mod that lights up the square box will be a nice combo....I see it has 2 small leds but I want more. lol

Good point! I wonder if the LEDs really do the knob justice without the room completely dark.
I'll probably pick it up and see for myself. Any suggestions on who to buy it from? Seeing some conflicting listings. I swear yesterday it was posted for $49 here at Pinball Pirate, now $139.99 . Little Shop of Games has it for $79.

#189 4 years ago

Here you go. I bought a few items from him. Great guy.
beatmaster
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shooter-rod-housing-lighting-kit-new-mod
This will help big time. What you think???

Looks rad! So that could be installed in conjunction with the amber rod? I wonder if he makes it in yellow/amber. I take it the amber rod isn't even produced yet but I'd hate for that one other seller's price to skyrocket like the other so I might just pull the trigger now. This is going to be a long month... LOL

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Ordered amber shooter rod from Little Shop of Games. The site says the rod is on backorder and is thin on details (e.g., it simply says "This “mosquito in amber” LIGHTS UP with an LED!"), but I ordered anyway. Total with shipping was $90.34.

Same. See below!

Here you go, I just looked closer and it states on back order. Give them a call and see if you can get some type of ETA.
The price is half another site.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cabinet-parts/shooter-rods/jurassic-park-mosquito-in-amber-shooter-knob-rod-plunger-for-stern-pinball-machine/

Little Shop of Games has quite a few pre-ordered from Stern that are not all yet accounted for. I'm told you'll get yours shipped the same day they receive them if you order before the first 20 of theirs "available" are taken. They have more coming after that but I'd get in on the first delivery now/email them to be sure.

I got a email this morning and he will make them in Amber/Yellow for us. I think I will order one now.

Nice! I'm gonna hold off though until the Amber Shooter Rod w/LEDs comes and see how well it lights up the "amber."

#234 4 years ago

In terms of a topper, in lieu of an official one yet and my personal obsession... This LEGO set is going to be my time sink as I wait for my LE to arrive. It may just work as a topper too! (I'm going to need room for it anyhow, so why not on the top of the JP?)

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936

75936-lego-jurassic-park-trex-rampage_21 (resized).jpg75936-lego-jurassic-park-trex-rampage_21 (resized).jpg
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question:
Assuming they are shipping Pros.
When will they start shipping LEs?
When will they start shipping Premiums?

GREAT questions as I'm waiting on my LE.
My understanding is:
Pro's: Yes, shipping as I type this
LE's: Aug by EOM (first ones at least---but I don't know xxx/500 aka how many Stern's producing for the first run, maybe 1/2 of the 500. When you'll get yours is likely dependent on the timing of your deposit + that seller actually placing their order with Stern. I was promised that I made the 250/500 cut so I expect to receive my LE within the next couple weeks)
Premiums: Sept (at some point, I would guess as early as they can)

In all, what I'm saying is that it's: first Pro's, second LE's, third Premium's

Hope that helps. I wish I knew more.

#260 4 years ago

I was told 250 for USA and the other 250 to the rest of the world. I bet Europe and Australia will buy up those 250 quickly.
This will be fun to compare when they hit our doors.
I have a feeling I am 101 of 500..lol

The expectation that's been set for me since my LE deposit was absorbed by the seller on 6/30 is that they had already pre-ordered LE's in advance of my inquiry and hadn't "sold out" of that allotment yet. Therefore I hope mine will be <100 serial #, but the actual # isn't guaranteed of course. I've only been guaranteed that my LE will be in transit to me by the end of Aug. Tick-tock!

1 week later
#269 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

In terms of a topper, in lieu of an official one yet and my personal obsession... This LEGO set is going to be my time sink as I wait for my LE to arrive. It may just work as a topper too! (I'm going to need room for it anyhow, so why not on the top of the JP?)
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/jurassic-park-t-rex-rampage-75936[quoted image]

Love it, add some Leds and post up pictures.

Welp, my proposed topper is done . When are the USA LE's shipping again!? I'm running out of distractions...

JP Lego Complete (resized).jpgJP Lego Complete (resized).jpg
#279 4 years ago

I'm new to this but have been looking at the other forum about those with first run Pros finding issues. But that doesn't mean mine or your LE/Premium is going to have the same. I'd like to think that the majority of Pros are just fine and we're only seeing the minority with issues post about it (naturally). Plus I'm sure Stern is well aware as we speak so I would assume they are already mediating the issue(s) in current production of the units about to go out the door. Also, if there are defects in playfield/build quality/anywhere on the machine upon receipt, isn't that covered under Stern's warranty aka they will replace any of it with a quick turnaround time? Am I crazy to be positive on this subject?

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

According to a pic someone posted of the written warranty in another thread, the warranty only covers the lcd and circuit boards. Clearly they have taken care of people with issues beyond that, however.

Hmm, interesting. That's unfortunate they aren't more detailed in the warranty, especially for things outside of the inner workings. I'm trying to avoid the resulting stress of reading through the fine print before I even have mine/have a need to do so (a need no one should have when dropping $5-9k on any product IMHO). Glad to hear that they are taking care of the issues even though the parts with reported issues themselves aren't called out in the warranty boilerplate. That's simply the right thing to do. There is the whole "my machine wasn't received as advertised" stipulation though. I don't see any pooling or other defects in their promo video models LOL. In all seriousness, one of the main reasons I went with Stern as my first machine purchase was b/c of word of mouth how great their customer service is. I hope to never have to use it but feel like they'll make things right if I have to.

1 month later
#881 4 years ago

JP LE #362 is arriving at 5pm today (Seattle)! I will post pics once it's all set up!

BTW, anyone catch word from Stern on the amber shooter rod? Seen a lot of confusion around that in the forums, still nothing up on their site. I pre-ordered mine through Little Shop Of Games a couple months ago.

#901 4 years ago

#362 is all set up! Added my Lego topper and a programmable LED strip. Doesn't look like there's room for the T-Rex itself but that's ok. I've attached it well using Collectors Hold Museum Putty. Hopefully that was the right move! Man, when the shaker really gets going it does seem like the Lego is going to explode but I think it will be alright! I'd love any advice on how to better light it up BTW (tiny spotlights?).

I'm about 30 games in and no problems so far! The playfield is flawless from what I can tell. Only minor issues (which are likely more newbie curiosities than anything IMO) but folks might want to know about:

- The raptor toy's counterbalance weight is not quite a straight cylinder, so it was getting stuck above the plastic guard when leaning forward. All I had to do was turn it so that the fatter side of it kept it under the plastic. Problem solved.
- The upper flipper post was very loose. Fortunately we caught that before playing and tightened it up.
- I'm unsure how the T-Rex jaw is supposed to lay on the ramp. It seems to lay slightly off-set to the left and many times hasn't caught the ball. But again the ramp itself is curved so maybe this is expected? And also expected to not be a guaranteed contact even if you make a solid shot up the ramp? Maybe I just need to play better!
- I'd like to be able to dial down the shaker and disable it electronically from time to time but I assume that's not a thing (yet).

LMK if you want to see pictures of any of the above.

In all, I am truly blown away by this game and extremely happy with it. I was looking for my first pin to be one that will keep me coming back home to free play in between gallivanting around all of the amazing pin spots in Seattle. I think I got it right with this purchase!
JPLE - Edition Plate 362.jpgJPLE - Edition Plate 362.jpgJPLE - Lego Topper1.jpgJPLE - Lego Topper1.jpgJPLE - Full-Right.jpgJPLE - Full-Right.jpgJPLE - Full-Front.jpgJPLE - Full-Front.jpg

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great write up guys and glad to hear your game is flawless timlah79 hopefully this is a sign Stern are on top of the playfield issues.

There were 3 of us looking closely during set up (2 of which are pin purchasing veterans - the 3rd who is not aka me, HA!) so I think it is a good sign!
On a related side note, this weird art thing had all of us scratching our heads. We thought given how perpendicular these blemishes were, that they may not be intended. Well, fortunately after comparing against product photos, these "t-rex scratches" are intentional after all!

First pic is mine. Second is from Stern's site, cropped to match as best I could.
JPLE - MY Playfield Dino Scratches (resized).jpgJPLE - MY Playfield Dino Scratches (resized).jpgJPLE - Stern Official Image - Playfield Dino Scratches5 (resized).jpgJPLE - Stern Official Image - Playfield Dino Scratches5 (resized).jpg

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it supposed to be like creases in a map?

Aaahh perhaps! There are more like it around other areas of the field. You may be right. I just assumed it was dino scratches based on other intentional ones around other parts of the artwork on the machine.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

- The raptor toy's counterbalance weight is not quite a straight cylinder, so it was getting stuck above the plastic guard when leaning forward. All I had to do was turn it so that the fatter side of it kept it under the plastic. Problem solved.

Actually I take this back as being fixed. Still having the issue. Curious if anyone can give me some advice on how this is supposed to be situated?
The counterbalance appeared to get stuck again above the plastic guard. The problem is if I tighten it to much then there's enough clearance to catch the nut at the bottom to the top of the plastic edge. If I loosen it so there's almost no way the counterbalance can breach the plastic edge but it still gets stuck b/c it's made up of a bunch of separate washers.

What I also think I've realized is there is an additional issue with the mold of the toy itself. There are 2 ways for it to get stuck 1) the counterbalance getting caught or 2) the mold of the body catching the mold of the leg and sticking. No adjustment to the joint seems to make a difference here. Given #2 I don't think there's anything I can do to fully stop this from happening. Should I just ask Stern to send me a full replacement of the entire assembly? Also does anyone know if the plastic guard is supposed to stop the counterbalance or is it supposed to clear it?

Raptor counterbalance up.jpgRaptor counterbalance up.jpgRaptor counterbalance down.jpgRaptor counterbalance down.jpg
#959 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s what my raptor looks like when I tilt it forward:[quoted image]

Thanks @eaglepin. Does the plastic guard disallow it from breaching the edge of the guard? I can't tell whether it's supposed to clear that or not. My guess is no, it's supposed to block it since the screw of the counterbalance itself on mine can't possibly clear it. Knowing that may help me figure out what the holistic fix would be here. I may just shoot Stern a note now for good measure.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

two people contacted me and told me i had the sub hooked up wrong, although it worked i switched to this set up and it is way better! Thank you for letting me know guys![quoted image]

Charliew65 Maybe I missed it in a different post, but can you show the connection coming from the audio outputs/connectors on the pin? Are you using just speaker wire on both ends? Thanks!

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#274 JP setup next to # 500 Maiden, Mr Elwin has produced two amazing games!
My box has warning label about CA hazardous Chemicals. Good! I hope they used some good old school stuff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your cats are the best part of this post! Mine won't dare come into the spare bedroom where my pin resides (at least not yet). Your game room setup comes in a close 2nd, especially with those standing mats! I've already been thinking about those -- hardwood floors and my short GF's tiny feet are in dire need! Thanks for sharing!

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

alligator clips one side just speaker wire on the other end, make sure you hook up to speaker INPUT and make sure +-+ and - to -[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, that's what I gathered @charliew65 thanks! I decided to take the existing cabinet sub out of the mix by detaching the harness/connector and just connecting the speaker wire to the harness itself. Unsure what frequencies actually travel through the existing sub, but if it's only lows then it seems like only running audio through the new sub makes sense. However, either way I really have to crank the new sub vol. control. Doesn't appear that the existing line pushes much volume through... or since it's only leveraging a L or a R channel when it hits the new sub, the vol. is cut in half. I'm looking into this kit actually:
PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit.

Do you have the same result aka need to turn the new sub vol up quite a bit?

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I decided to take the existing cabinet sub out of the mix by detaching the harness/connector and just connecting the speaker wire to the harness itself. Unsure what frequencies actually travel through the existing sub, but if it's only lows then it seems like only running audio through the new sub makes sense. However, either way I really have to crank the new sub vol. control. Doesn't appear that the existing line pushes much volume through... or since it's only leveraging a L or a R channel when it hits the new sub, the vol. is cut in half. I'm looking into this kit actually: PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit.

For anyone who is looking to add an external sub, I've learned that the PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit
Is the way to go (after not only a couple recommendations from nice folks on pinside but also the amazing customer service from the manufacturer!). At only an extra $35 ($40ish with shipping) I feel like it's well worth the $ to hook this up right. Doing so avoids over-driving the sub, sacrificing audio quality, and reportedly will avoid possible damage to the existing audio board. I was also able to pick up the Polk sub many have recommended for $99 via Amazon. I'll follow up once I get the kit.

#1029 4 years ago

Curious what established pin owners thoughts are about drawing a line when it comes to "fixing" issues with a NIB LE. As I understand it Stern's warranty only covers electrical issues, not the physical ones I've been facing. With that said their support has been great in helping me. It's just starting to get to a point where I feel like I've already spent more time than I should be opening this thing up, adjusting defects, taking photos and videos, etc. My guess is I'm probably at the 8+ hour mark on all of it. Only one of 3 issues have been resolved. The most aggravating one being the T-Rex rarely ever catching the ball. Happy to provide details (or you can look at my previous posts) but does anyone have a guideline they follow? i.e. "I will only spend xxx hours working on a NIB issue before I ask for a full assembly replacement of the part in question." Something to that effect? I'm trying to be reasonable here as again, they are truly trying to help me but in the end, I've become the technician. This is my first pin. Appreciate any advice!

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I dropped power down on my flippers last night and it's made a HUGE difference for me. I was having a really hard time hitting all shots except the two main ramps. For the tower ramp, I was flipping when the ball got to the tip of the flipper and it would still often miss high toward the left orbit. Lowered the power down to 248 on both lower flippers and 243 on the upper right flipper and all shots are much more consistent for me now.

I just did this as well. While it could be a placebo effect, I am all of a sudden hitting my intended targets way more often. Thanks for the pro tip EaglePin !

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This afternoon I made another adjustment that I think helped even more. While playing I noticed a slight hop on the ball as it transitioned from the right orbit to the upper right flipper. I took the glass off and rolled a ball down the orbit to see if it would go smoothly down the flipper like it does on the lower flippers. It wasn't smooth. It was hitting the upper flipper and hopping out to where it was rolling past the flipper about 1/2 inch away from the face of the flipper. I took the plastic above the upper flipper off, loosened the ball guide screw below it, and used my hand to put pressure on the very end of the ball guide to push it out a bit. Took some doing but eventually I got it to a point where the ball transitions from the ball guide to the flipper much more smoothly now. There's still a slight bit of a hop out away from the face of the flipper, but it's now less than 1/4 inch and it's really made a big difference in hitting the tower ramp. Since doing this and lowering the flipper power I'm hitting all shots way more reliably now.

Damn EaglePin is having a pin Eagle Eye the reason you picked that handle? Ha! I haven't looked at that but will. Your description though sounds like a fix for something that should flow smoothly, not like an improvement one should have to make. Thoughts?

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For anyone who is looking to add an external sub, I've learned that the
PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit
Is the way to go (after not only a couple recommendations from nice folks on pinside but also the amazing customer service from the manufacturer!). At only an extra $35 ($40ish with shipping) I feel like it's well worth the $ to hook this up right. Doing so avoids over-driving the sub, sacrificing audio quality, and reportedly will avoid possible damage to the existing audio board. I was also able to pick up the Polk sub many have recommended for $99 via Amazon. I'll follow up once I get the kit.

Hooked this kit up yesterday and it does make quite a difference! Freq separation to the sub is more accurate, sounds much cleaner, and I don't have to overdrive the sub output. It's also a fairly straightforward plug and play installation. Only took about 10 min. I highly recommend it! Now of course I'm headed down the audio rabbit hole. Trying not to go buying an EQ as well, ha! If only there were a way to replace the Samuel L. Jackson voice actor.

#1118 4 years ago

I'm still in my back and forth with Stern about my T-Rex rarely catching the ball. Can anyone please take a look at this short video and tell me if it's normal that the T-Rex's entire head shifts/pops to the left to compensate for the space of his upper jaw to fit within the space of the ramp? What this ends up doing is having his open jaw cocked to the left side of the ramp. If no one else's LE does this I have to think I've identified the issue. Really appreciate anyone taking a comparison/look. It's extremely difficult to film/show this while using the vertical test mode and in this mode I cannot make the jaw drop to make it more obvious.

Look very closely at the very last second of this 39sec video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNzPW35N2UQKPrYEA

This is exactly what happens every time during regular gameplay just before he opens his jaw.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Does anyone have trouble with the T-rex not always being consistent? Sometimes he lines up perfect and goes down with mouth open. Other times he is off to the side and tries to go down and then just sits hitting the side of the ramp without opening his mouth. It's inconsistent and if I go into the test and test all the vert/horizontal switches he works fine again. This seems like a code bug as the T-rex is all lined up perfect.
I have also noticed sometimes when I go into the horizontal test that I get locked out of all inputs and cannot exit the test menu. I just am stuck on the horizontal test. Again this must be a code bug.
Anyone else have any issues like this with the T-rex eating the ball?

mummite
Just saw this after posting my closely related concern. Mine consistently doesn't line up with the ramp itself. See my post and video here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/23#post-5244106

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Unfortunately, looks like mine had a rough meeting with a forklift somewhere along the way.&nbsp; The cabinet was damaged, so I rejected delivery.&nbsp; Distro is fantastic and already on top of this, just looking for some sympathy here while I wait for a replacement [quoted image]

Man... Shit happens but definitely a huge bummer. Glad your distro is taking care of it. I wonder what # that was and what they do with damaged LEs. If they just replace the damaged parts and resell, you should get a "refurbished" discount! Hell maybe you'll get #501/500!

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

If it helps, I get around 100% with mine and it is slightly askew to the angle of the ramp. I adjusted the setting to get it almost perfect with the ramp, but then I noticed a few balls were rejected that might have made it before I played with the menu settings. I can't tell if it was some off shots or if I made it worse. I set it back to the way it was, and it plays great. I also found that a slight lowering of flipper power helped as well.
My height is set much lower than yours. I did not see an adjustment for height, but there is a test for it. I believe the height adjustment is made mechanically while you are in test mode under the settings. I know it can seem a bit overwhelming to dig in that deeply into a new game, but it may not prove to be too difficult.

Can you clarify what you mean about "made mechanically while you're in test mode"? Are you saying that while in the vert or horiz test, if you manipulate the head (not mess with the bracket as that guide shows) that doing so will adjust the head's center points?

Following advice from EaglePin I actually did try to physically adjust after loosening the bracket. However now it's just more inconsistent. Now the head positions itself more in line horiz. with the ramp half the time, other times it seems to be back in its jogged to the left position.

Regardless, even when it's in straight it still doesn't catch the ball most of the time. I've also played with the flipper settings to no avail. I'm at the point where I truly think the main problem is the weaknesses of the mouth's magnet. I've not been able to prove that it's not triggering. I believe it is every time but the magnet will only catch the ball at the perfect velocity, angle, and depth the ball makes it into the mouth. If it were stronger I imagine those variations wouldnt matter much at all. It seems that all one should need to do is hit a shot that cleanly passes the ramp's side posts.

Everyone's head and jaw position is going to vary and change over time and use, so I really hope a software update is all that's needed to strengthen the magnet and/or the sensitivity of its opto trigger to fix any machine that at least has its jaw laying on the ramp.

I do see other adjustments for the t-rex but they are not documented. Anyone know what the "slurp ticks" or "hold strength" settings do?

#1214 4 years ago

Just downloaded, extracted files, copied only the .SPK files to the root of a USB drive. Now when I plug the drive into the machine, restart it, it gives the message of "code update started" then "GAME CODE UPDATE - INSERT MEMORY USB STICK". It's inserted and no buttons do anything to move it forward. I tried both USB inputs. What am I doing wrong?

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Just downloaded, extracted files, copied only the .SPK files to the root of a USB drive. Now when I plug the drive into the machine, restart it, it gives the message of "code update started" then "GAME CODE UPDATE - INSERT MEMORY USB STICK". It's inserted and no buttons do anything to move it forward. I tried both USB inputs. What am I doing wrong?

Figured it out. Your USB drive must be formatted using FAT32, not NTFS (as was the default for my PC b/c I'm a musician and have to work with both Macs and PCs. For drives to be recognized by both platforms they must be NTFS or extFAT). Why this FAT32 requirement isn't mentioned in Stern's "code update README" file is beyond me...

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone else having trouble getting the code updated? The game simply doesn't recognize the drive when I turn it on. It just starts as normal. I even formatted the drive as someone noted above and nothing. I also unzipped the download. Any insight would be much appreciated.
I'm using a MAC, if that matters.

See my post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/25#post-5247985

Did you format it as FAT32 and copy the unzipped files to the USB's root directory? Gotta take them out of the main folder and put into the root.

#1340 4 years ago

Hey all. After just over 50 plays on my LE, all 3 of the flippers show a good amount of dent/wear at the same spot at the tip. Is this to be expected? Should the machine have shipped with silicone instead of natural rubber? Anyone else seeing this too?

Flipper Worn 10-13-19.jpgFlipper Worn 10-13-19.jpg
#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seems a bit excessive for 50 plays if it’s home use, but games can vary - give a quick wipe down, consider replacing balls with rubber.
Im near triple the play count and other than a bit of dry wax, natural rubber is fine.
[quoted image]

Thanks Vino ! Can you clarify what you mean about replacing balls with rubber? Rubber pinballs? Also, what wax do you suggest using to maintain the rubber on the flippers?

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

So, my head grabbed the ball a lot more when I first set it up. Now it doesn't grab it most of the time. Some of those times it sets off T-Rex MB, but the ball goes in the mouth and out. Didn't someone adjust the mouth opto in here? Wondering if this is what I should do and how much of a pain it is. I'm thinking the opto isn't tripping so the magnet isn't grabbing the ball.

Quoted from spandol:

Anyone do this?

Funny you said that it seemed to grab the ball better when you first started playing. I also only noticed the lack of it after a few games. I haven't touched the mouth opto just verified it "works." Unsure what setting changes that opto if there is one in 0.90.0. In quotes because yes that and the ramp optos works but the mouth/magnet doesn't not unless the ball makes it into the furthest back point of the mouth--which means you have to at least have the T-Rex's position perfect on the ramp, which it never is for my machine. Changes time to time, sometimes centered, sometimes left side, sometimes right side of the ramp. See mine and multiple other folks posts about T-rex issues in this topic.

Might be time to start a separate topic about LE/Prem T-Rex specific issues. This has been the most frustrating issue about the game. There are adjustments in the menu that many have tweaked to resolve. I've tried them all to the point where one setting makes it better for a play, then the next it's as if what I did made it worse. I'm personally at the point where I'm done with both hardware and software tweaks, providing video's etc. I've convinced Stern to send me a whole new assembly. If you want to mess with it software-wise, yes there are ways to "improve" it from some fine folks advice. Unfortunately none have fully resolved the issue for my machine.

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Where did you get the green rubbers for the flippers? What size and material did you get. My stock ones are already looking rough![quoted image]

Same... Pretty lame after just over 50 games. All 3 of mine look like this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/27#post-5253801
Wondering why LE's don't come with silicone or at least replacement rubber.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

Mine has not worked since day one... still awaiting Sterns reply... sorta disappointed it’s been a week and nothing.
My flippers also look like those posted.
Still a fun pin, but a little conflicted with the growing pains.

I'm a newbie to pin ownership but what I've seen with mine isn't growing pains but overall bad quality control. The t-rex and flippers are only two of 4 issues that shouldn't be issues IMHO. I'm also in the broken raptor club. The newest I've uncovered is a downright wrong drilling position of a drop target. Again I'm a newbie but I also spent my entire savings on this machine, an LE, so I expect it to be fully assembled and functional, as designed, right out of the box. I've been working with my seller and Stern since day one, pushing and prodding them as professionally and patiently as I can be, yet all issues remain. I'm super thankful for everyone who's given me tips but this is a brand new purchase. Why am I spending so much time troubleshooting rather than playing has become a question anyone should ask themselves. I hope to bring good news back to this forum soon as I do love this machine.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone having an issue with the raptor post not catching the lock ball? My post is popping up but it's a fraction of a second too late so the ball has rebounded past it. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it was working 100% before the software update and ever since the software update the post is just that fraction of a second late in coming up to block the ball. The game continues on okay and recognizes the ball hasn't been caught &amp; adjusts by lowering the post again. Raptor tri-ball can then still be started by hitting the targets in the cage but it would still be nice to have it make the catch. It seems to be working fine in the coil test, and there doesn't seem to be an adjustment to tweak it in the menu settings. The only thing I found in the menu is an option to completely disable the post.

Yes I have seen this as well. And only since the .90 update. At times I thought it was that my shots into it were hit so fast that the post couldn't keep up (i.e. accidental right flipper entry instead of smoother left flipper entry but I've seen this happen a couple times both ways). Seems like another software bandaid, just as they did with counting the t-rex catch when it doesn't actually catch the ball.

#1433 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed a mis-alignment on the drill holes of certain drop targets? The tightest one on mine is definitely cut wrong. See the product photo vs where mine is. No way to adjust this without drilling new holes in the playfield AFAIK which I am not going to do.

First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.

Drop Target - Mine (resized).jpgDrop Target - Mine (resized).jpgDrop Target - Product Photo (resized).jpgDrop Target - Product Photo (resized).jpg
#1436 4 years ago

Okay Pinheads,
Playing around with some cards to replace the ugly ones Stern sends. HUO so dont need a blaring quarters yellow card or the instruction card you cant read unless you have a magnifying glass....okay off my soap box.
Tell me which one you like better. Those are the 4 pictures I like, I can swap around and change colors. Bring on the feedback. Blueish or Greenish
The center one is the 1st picture and will be magnetic. I think that's the money . haha[quoted image][quoted image]

1st is the $ one for sure. I like the background graphics of the others too but can't beat the perspective of the open mouth. My GF is currently making a little art piece of the same size to replace at least one of two as mine is HUO as well.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The stand up target in relation to the post left of it? They look the same to me, your target looks like it is leaning a little left, you can straighten that.

You're misunderstanding the problem. The target's mount is drilled way too far left. It should be centered with the hole. There is no adjustment available. Look at the underside of yours and you'll see why I can't move it.

#1506 4 years ago

Looking for smart missile tips!
Often times the truck is blocking the shot directly to the drop target. When that's the case should you go up the middle and hope the ball falls into that area? Any other ways to hit the target?

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone noticed a mis-alignment on the drill holes of certain drop targets? The tightest one on mine is definitely cut wrong. See the product photo vs where mine is. No way to adjust this without drilling new holes in the playfield AFAIK which I am not going to do.
First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from spidey:

Add a washer between the bracket and the pf on the right screw. This will force it to lean a little to the right so the overall target is more centered.

For anyone who has this same issue. spidey nailed the solution for me! The drill holes aren't off enough to dremel new positions without ruining things/simply widening the holes to where I wouldn't even be able to get the right size screws in. I added a small washer under the bracket on the right screw. It's now in an almost perfect position. One thing I will say is you can "push" the target itself to the right, but that's not going to push the bracket and it only temporarily corrects the position until you hit it next time. Seems solid now with the washer alone. Thanks everyone for the advice!

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hope so I ordered one before I read it!
Little shop of games says it is included.
That’s good.[quoted image]

I pre-ordered the LED rod from LSoG many months ago. It better be the fully lit version as that's what the description was when I paid them. I checked in with them a few weeks ago and they assured me that I was within their 1st batch. I can't even find the listing on their site today though aka the screenshot you posted. Did they take it down? Makes me a little concerned about when and what I will receive.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Actually I take this back as being fixed. Still having the issue. Curious if anyone can give me some advice on how this is supposed to be situated?
The counterbalance appeared to get stuck again above the plastic guard. The problem is if I tighten it to much then there's enough clearance to catch the nut at the bottom to the top of the plastic edge. If I loosen it so there's almost no way the counterbalance can breach the plastic edge but it still gets stuck b/c it's made up of a bunch of separate washers.
What I also think I've realized is there is an additional issue with the mold of the toy itself. There are 2 ways for it to get stuck 1) the counterbalance getting caught or 2) the mold of the body catching the mold of the leg and sticking. No adjustment to the joint seems to make a difference here. Given #2 I don't think there's anything I can do to fully stop this from happening. Should I just ask Stern to send me a full replacement of the entire assembly? Also does anyone know if the plastic guard is supposed to stop the counterbalance or is it supposed to clear it?[quoted image][quoted image]

For anyone who's had similar raptor getting stuck issues that I have... This is going to be quite the rant, but meant to be more-so educational, I promise. I finally got a replacement raptor from Stern today. From the looks of it it seemed like a quick swap, just unscrew the plastic top guard behind, unscrew the feet, done. NOPE.

PSA: The hardware that holds the feet is nothing but a screw up from the underside and a nut on the top of the pit top plastic, nothing holding it together other than that. To my utter dismay, as soon as i unscrewed one of the feet, down went the screw. Same thing happened on the second foot. There is no mechanism/washer/plug that will hold those screws in place,
they will drop out if you try this and be near impossible to re-fasten.

I ended up having to remove almost every rod and screw from the entire cage assembly, including the tower ramp, just to get enough room to get some kind of tool under the cage top. And even after doing so I still could not get to the underside to get a sideways screwdriver in. If i wanted to take it completely off I would have had to un-mount every drop target within and pray that no solder joints came loose. I wasn't about to do that... So i had to try my best to wedge needle nose pliers to hold onto each underside screw and re-fasten the nuts from the top. Took me almost 3 hours with countless dropping of screws, etc.

The real kicker is that in the end, absolutely NO difference. The new raptor had the exact same issue as the original (counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard and stuck at the leg joints due to the poor mold). So at that point I stole a washer/magnet from the old raptor's counterbalance and added it to the new. That was actually what resolved the issue. I really wish I had just done that first. Lesson learned.

They need to put enough washers to a) weigh the body back down and b) avoid the counterbalance from getting stuck above the plastic guard. Man, this was terrible. Sorry I didn't take any pics, hopefully my description makes sense and no one else runs into this when trying to replace their raptor.

Anyway, educational newbie pin owner rant over. I'm stoked to see that damn raptor stand back up now. LOL

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

downloaded the code and going through the voice samples to replace.....wow there is a ton of voice clips. Crazy amount. That angry guy with the accent recorded a ton of lines - majority not good. I just want to put in the proper welcome to JP, hold on to you butts and some other classics to replace the worst of the new stuff.

Very interested in messing with this myself, @delt31. Could you please share a link to how you're doing this? Using pinball browser I assume? I found a few links to it but I'm unsure which is the latest/most legit version. I'd also like to know if there are any cautions or best practices to consider when doing so. Especially if you can run the risk of bricking the machine, voiding warranty (I assume that's a given), etc. Thanks!

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My raptor was leaning forward, face planting into the plastic. I propped him back up, then tightened the screw on the raptors right side (the outer side of the pin) that goes through his hip.
Works like a charm.
Sorry about your issue. Been there, done that. Glad you got it resolved in the end.

Glad yours was a much easier fix! I tried that and many other tweaks too to no avail. I'm pretty sure the root of my raptor issue is based on slightly off mounting holes of either the plastic guard or the feet so my addition of a counterbalance washer/magnet in the end is really more of a workaround than a holistic fix.

#1690 4 years ago

Has anyone who pre-ordered the amber rod from Little Shop of Games gotten shipping confirmation or received theirs? I've sent them 2 emails the past 2 weeks and they haven't responded.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone elses T Rex hit the left power line thing with its head at times?

My LE even hits the left fence post itself. But I've also had a ton of other problems with it. Finally getting someone over to resolve in a week or so. I'll post details when it's fixed. Hopefully that info will help others like yourself.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Give them a call if you can. There might be something funky going on with their email.

They finally responded today, they still haven't received them. Supposed to be next week.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I'm in the same camp here...I can't listen to that fake Samuel L voice anymore! If anyone comes up with a nice set of callouts, please let me know.

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm hearing that Stern chose to list their limited stock on their site and ship new orders placed their first. Even though they accepted orders from their distributors months ago. Seems like a weird decision to me.

Yeah that's kinda backwards business practice IMO. Makes me wonder how many people preordered from one of their retailers months ago (like I did), then cancelled their preorder, ordering directly from Stern instead. Not a nice way for a manufacturer to treat their distributors/retailers.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

GamerRick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny):

I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I could start indexing the audio clips if no one's done that yet.

Yes please! I was going to start doing that too.

1 week later
#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Just installed my Amber shooter rod. Love it. Boy those instructions suck! They don’t even mention where the wire goes and they tell you not to remove screws that you must remove to install it. Stern you need to pick up your game that’s just ridiculous. Thanks to those who posted what to do. I had to figure out where CN15 was and only knew it was that connector from this thread.

GamerRick Where did you buy the shooter rod from? I pre-ordered mine from Little Shop of Games back in July and still haven't received it.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Has anyone successfully adjusted their Trex with the bias settings in the menu?
My Trex rejects the majority of shots - it sits to the players left side of the ramp. I haven’t loosened the mounts and physically adjusted it yet. I wanted to try and use the menu but I see no changes with the bias adjustments. (Have not contacted Stern yet btw)
Anyone have any ideas?

I and many others had the same problems since day one. It was discovered that mine was missing the set screw in the cylinder/transmission so he rarely found "home." This caused him to usually sit left on the ramp like yours but also often sitting on the top of the ramps right side at times and banging against the left gate post. A tech installed a full replacement. He is now more often centered but still inconsistent. Regardless of where he is on the ramp he still doesn't catch the ball about 30% of the time. Also one of my node boards is bad which was causing opto problems, so the tech swapped them. I have played with the middle bias setting but I can't tell much of a difference a couple steps - or +. I think only a software fix in an upcoming code update will fully address all of it. He relies on the sending and receiving optos on the ramp sides as well as if the upper right flipper is up or down so you could test those. Stern suggested removing the tiny black spacers at the ramp posts. I tried that as well without a difference. Lastly my tech observed that my shaker is too aggressive contributing to his inconsistent positioning. Regardless, Stern is well aware of the problem and I think it's their top priority with the next code update. My tech is coming back in a few days to install a new shaker and dig further. I'll post any update. Hope this helps.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I did this also thanks to the post from chambahz - had to raise up the left side of the fork and it made a BIG difference in the percentage of plunges (both auto and manual) making it up the heliport ramp

I did this a while back and the results were terrible. You need to address the source--the shooter mechanism problem itself. This, while clever, is a horrible recommendation for most people. The auto or manual button push is supposed to be 100% reliably getting the ball up to the ramp. If you've done this workaround you're going to eventually see less consistency, if not at first. Stern needs to address this.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I and many others had the same problems since day one. It was discovered that mine was missing the set screw in the cylinder/transmission so he rarely found "home." This caused him to usually sit left on the ramp like yours but also often sitting on the top of the ramps right side at times and banging against the left gate post. A tech installed a full replacement. He is now more often centered but still inconsistent. Regardless of where he is on the ramp he still doesn't catch the ball about 30% of the time. Also one of my node boards is bad which was causing opto problems, so the tech swapped them. I have played with the middle bias setting but I can't tell much of a difference a couple steps - or +. I think only a software fix in an upcoming code update will fully address all of it. He relies on the sending and receiving optos on the ramp sides as well as if the upper right flipper is up or down so you could test those. Stern suggested removing the tiny black spacers at the ramp posts. I tried that as well without a difference. Lastly my tech observed that my shaker is too aggressive contributing to his inconsistent positioning. Regardless, Stern is well aware of the problem and I think it's their top priority with the next code update. My tech is coming back in a few days to install a new shaker and dig further. I'll post any update. Hope this helps.

Looks like my post got buried in the mix again regarding T-Rex issues. Anyone with such should probably read this. Just trying to help others not fall into the saga I've been dealing with.

3 weeks later
#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just installed .95 and yeah...I've noticed some changes in shaker strength and more importantly, the sound. I've had to tweak the treble and bass to get it close to where it was before the update, but what's really bumming me out is that the volume drops substantially during that epic bonus music/sound (one of my favorite parts of the game) as well as the match sequence sound. There's no way to adjust that because it's embedded in the new code, right?

Yeah I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. It's like most of the highs are rolled off. The volume overall is substantially lower too. I used to have to lower it to like 15 down from the 21/22 default. Now I can crank it to 35 and it still seems low and muffled. I wonder why they did that.

#3217 4 years ago

Sorry to bring some negativity into the thread but I'm looking for advice. I've had a ton of problems with my LE since day one. Literally every problem others have mentioned and more. Only ones I haven't had is any issues with the helicopter or playfield. The short list is T-rex (everything), bad node board, plunger, flipper coil stop, raptor, set trap targets, flipper rubber wear. My distributor has sent a tech out twice and I've had Stern ship me parts as issues have been discovered (no charge). However I've spent countless hours of my own time dismantling, taking videos, testing, coordinating with the tech's schedule etc along with having to not play the machine between each failure just to get the aforementioned service at each step. Also to this day the T-rex and shooter issues remain unresolved and my right flipper is broken until they send new parts (which throughout this process has taken almost 2 weeks with constant email back and forth).
So my question is, am I at a point to reasonably ask for a partial refund of the original purchase price from my distributor (based on the fact I've had to work on the machine, take time off work, etc more than actually play it for the past 3 months)? Or is this just how it is and I should be grateful for the service thus far?
Appreciate any advice/similar experiences you guys have to share.

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The Trex and node board would be frustrating for sure and definitely warranty issues...but what exactly is wrong with the plunger? Springs and screws here and there and some alignment adjustment?.. coil stops and flipper rubber, I buy those in small bulk as they wear out...JP was designed with red rubber in mind for the collector, most pins don't have the red because of the quick wear rate of red vs black and cleanliness issues. What's up with the raptor? and set trap targets?? again, I had some minor tweaks but they were just loosening a screw or tightening a screw here and there to adjust the raptor bob rate hang up issues or tighten up the leaf spring screws to prevent target movement? I'm not disregarding your complaints but I've tweaked and taken the past 3 weeks to adjust and dial my game in...I think or have come to expect it is just part of the hobby as these machines are hand made on the assembly line and can't possibly meet the same standard each and every time..they can come close, but there's always going to be the need to tighten, loosen, adjust and sometimes replace. Everyone's threshold for "it play's perfect out of the box" is subjective and one person's "perfect" may be horrible to another and sometimes this site while great, may falsely lead people to the impression that these games are plug and play..my experience is they are far from it.
I actually love tinkering on my pins...call it an OCD obsession but don't stop playing them for issues and definitely don't take off work...I just play, tweak, fix, replace....and one day.. they get better to the point of just needing a wipedown and some wax...If you don't like doing these things and just like to play, then NIB is probably not for you in future pin acquisitions and may need a more, broken in game.
So, I can't nor can others answer your question truthfully or objectively because your experience with your pin is a subjective one...are you out of line to ask for a refund...man that's a tough one...you can ask but again, it's up to your distro and Stern support. I would say good luck with that but wouldn't expect it to happen.
Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't expect quality and reasonable functionality out of the box for the price tag, but something like a flipper coil stop??? I would get a new part from pinball life or marco (which ship most of their stuff the day of order) on my own and buy 6 more while I was at it - while I waited for the warranty part to arrive - and just continue to play...

fooflighter snaroff So much insight into my issues and expectations, my friends. Truly appreciate everything you've said. This is my first pin so while I've had a ton of legitimate physical issues with the game I am still learning what my expectations/threshold should be. What I explained to my dist today was, "man it would be great if Stern would set expectations from the get-go via a whitepaper or something." What I mean by that is it would be helpful if Stern had documentation such as, "the T-Rex is expected to catch the ball xx% of the time from a solid shot during mode a, b, c." Or, "the plunger should carry the ball around the loop xx% of the time from manual trigger, auto-plunge, etc." Or in terms of the T-Rex catch (which after all the physical issues have now been resolved for me) they could say, "success rates are dependent upon software updates, please refer to code update readme's past 0.xx up to 1.xx". I say this because I have to believe Stern has their own QC standard %'s when testing each game. If one or the other doesn't meet some threshold then it doesn't go out the door. It sounds like Stern can't really call those % out publicly but again I feel like they should. If I knew how often one or more any given "software" related action should fail, I may not be so attune to or concerned about things like the low % of the T-Rex catch.

Now, back to the customer service of my distributor... After jumping on the phone with him today I won't be asking for any refund. I was unaware that the amount of $ he's spent on sending his tech out has already obliterated his margin on the sale of my machine. He also expressed that mine has been an anomaly when it comes to the 10 LE's he sold. No one else has either a) had all of the same issues or b) has reported them (they may have fixed issues themselves or still haven't paid attention/cared). I trust now that I simply got a lemon, but one that can be sweetened back to expected. And Stern themselves have been good at sending me new parts (albeit a bit slow). In summary, I feel that my dist. is an amazing human being who is going above and beyond. He could have told me to F off but instead took losses to make sure all is right. And while I still have the T-Rex and plunger issues, I'm confident that he'll still run that to solution if needed.

Yes, the plunger is still an issue. I'm awaiting parts. The T-Rex has been fixed physically to where I can only imagine once Stern gets it right software wise, the catching issue will subside. fooflighter snaroff PM me if you want more specific answers to your questions.

I hope others don't have all of the same issues I'm having but if they do I hope their dist/seller is as communicative and helpful as mine has been.

#3433 4 years ago

Hi all. Am I losing my mind or is the JPLE manual's picture wrong for how the spring is assembeled on the auto-plunger/slingshot assembly? The manual shows the end of spring being 1/2 way inserted inside the coil + around the plastic coil sleeve. Mine's fat end sits above the coil mechanism currently. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at this correctly while installing a new arm.

IMG_20191206_180734~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_180734~2 (resized).jpg
#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. Am I losing my mind or is the JPLE manual's picture wrong for how the spring is assembeled on the auto-plunger/slingshot assembly? The manual shows the end of spring being 1/2 way inserted inside the coil + around the plastic coil sleeve. Mine's fat end sits above the coil mechanism currently. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at this correctly while installing a new arm.[quoted image]

I'm guessing this is just drawn incorrectly but am still looking for input from the forum. This is all in reference to my ongoing effort to fix my auto-plunger not getting the ball up and around the right halfpipe. It's at a 1/10 to 3/20 failure to rate and often fails 2-3 times in a row. The only thing I've been able to determine via slow motion video is that when it fails, it's not a velocity problem. It's that the ball is not being launched in a straight direction. Something is causing the kicker arm and the link assembly to shift/pivot to the right or left at launch depending on who knows what. That sends the ball bouncing back and forth down the lane and once it hits the halfpipe, it's a) not hitting it square and b) has lost too much velocity to make it around. Everything is as tight as it can be and I have changed velocity settings a number of times to no avail.

Here's my attempt at a slow motion video when it happens. Sorry if the video plays in a mirrored direction: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nPGFDVfC61DnbxZz8

One thing that puzzles me is how much L/R give there is in the connection at the plastic piece of the 515-6304-03 PLUNGER / LINK ASSEMBLY. I can watch the arm pivot L/R as I push back and forth. I feel like when it pivots too much during play, the issue occurs.

Here's a video that shows what I'm describing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2WX9ZbiHxkBrZWN7

I looked at a different Stern machine (Guardians I think?) and it didn't have hardly any give. Does anyone know if this amount of give mine has is expected?
If you don't think so, could maybe the shaft (# 4 - 545-5352-00 NYLINER, 3/16" SHAFT) be too long or the "pin" (#8 - 530-7834-00 PIN: KICKER ARM, AUTO-PLUNGER) cut incorrectly?

I feel like any one of the 5.9 AUTO LAUNCH ASSEMBLY parts, including the kicker arm being bent/distorted could be to blame. I'm not convinced it's the kicker arm though. I say that b/c if it was, I expect nearly 100% failure.

Sorry for the long post just really want to get this fixed and I have already installed a new 515-6304-03 PLUNGER / LINK ASSEMBLY. Stern sent me 3 and all are identical to the original one. I need to know which part(s) to ask them for next.

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Has anyone that ordered their amber shooter rod from Little Shop Of Games received theirs yet? I messaged them last week, still have not heard back.

Nope and I'm definitely in their first batch since I ordered in July. On 11/15 Stern responded to me saying LSOG should get theirs in 2-3 weeks. On 11/29 LSOG said they were told by Stern, "we will be getting ours on the next shipment out from the factory." I just emailed both again. Very perplexed. Maybe next week? LOL

1 week later
#3642 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am so excited! My amber rod finally shipped. I was getting scared that I would be unable to get one.[quoted image]

Any chance this was from Little Shop of Games? Still waiting on mine.

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Yes, it was. As you can see from the invoice, the order was placed a long time ago. I am very grateful that they honored the purchase price and filled the order. Hopefully you will get yours soon as well.

I ordered mine 12 days after you. Same batch.

#3648 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Yes, it was. As you can see from the invoice, the order was placed a long time ago. I am very grateful that they honored the purchase price and filled the order. Hopefully you will get yours soon as well.

Did you actually get a tracking number though? Your screenshot shows order fully processed as if they simply processed your payment but haven't actually shipped it yet. Unsure what shipped confirmation emails look like from LSOG.

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I'm guessing this is just drawn incorrectly but am still looking for input from the forum. This is all in reference to my ongoing effort to fix my auto-plunger not getting the ball up and around the right halfpipe. It's at a 1/10 to 3/20 failure to rate and often fails 2-3 times in a row. The only thing I've been able to determine via slow motion video is that when it fails, it's not a velocity problem. It's that the ball is not being launched in a straight direction. Something is causing the kicker arm and the link assembly to shift/pivot to the right or left at launch depending on who knows what. That sends the ball bouncing back and forth down the lane and once it hits the halfpipe, it's a) not hitting it square and b) has lost too much velocity to make it around. Everything is as tight as it can be and I have changed velocity settings a number of times to no avail.
Here's my attempt at a slow motion video when it happens. Sorry if the video plays in a mirrored direction: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nPGFDVfC61DnbxZz8
One thing that puzzles me is how much L/R give there is in the connection at the plastic piece of the 515-6304-03 PLUNGER / LINK ASSEMBLY. I can watch the arm pivot L/R as I push back and forth. I feel like when it pivots too much during play, the issue occurs.
Here's a video that shows what I'm describing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2WX9ZbiHxkBrZWN7
I looked at a different Stern machine (Guardians I think?) and it didn't have hardly any give. Does anyone know if this amount of give mine has is expected?
If you don't think so, could maybe the shaft (# 4 - 545-5352-00 NYLINER, 3/16" SHAFT) be too long or the "pin" (#8 - 530-7834-00 PIN: KICKER ARM, AUTO-PLUNGER) cut incorrectly?
I feel like any one of the 5.9 AUTO LAUNCH ASSEMBLY parts, including the kicker arm being bent/distorted could be to blame. I'm not convinced it's the kicker arm though. I say that b/c if it was, I expect nearly 100% failure.
Sorry for the long post just really want to get this fixed and I have already installed a new 515-6304-03 PLUNGER / LINK ASSEMBLY. Stern sent me 3 and all are identical to the original one. I need to know which part(s) to ask them for next.

Wanted to follow up on this auto-plunger issue. I believe I have it resolved for my LE so I wanted to share the solution.
Stern was kind enough to send me an entire 5.9 AUTO LAUNCH ASSEMBLY. Upon comparing the old and new I have to say nothing jumped out as different. The new one still has the same amount of "give" in the #17 515-6304-03 PLUNGER / LINK ASSEMBLY where it meets the arm. The only difference is that the old #2 535-0728-00 KICKER ARM was distorted due to attempts to bend it in the beginning.
When installing the new, I re-used the existing coil and switch since the assembly didn't come with the connector soldered on.

Resolution: LOWER (do not increase) the #256 AUTO-PLUNGER POWER setting. For me the magic number ended up being 182 (190 is the default). The magic number for you is going to depend on the angle of your game. Mine is pretty much center-bubbled.
If the setting adjustment alone doesn't fix it, request a new assembly from Stern like I did.
I definitely do not suggest prying around and bending your original assembly nor making adjustments to the metal lane piece.

I hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------
Tl;dr but here are details from all my tests:

Using the DIAG > CLR tool I ran some tests, making adjustments to the plunger velocity in ADJ > Game > Auto plunger setting along the way.
Tested about 30-40 balls each time.

TEST #1: Setting = 190 (Default)
Ironically the first ball failed. Failure rate appeared to be exactly the same as before 1/10 to 3/20 failure rate, sometimes 2-3 in a row.

TEST #2: Setting = 195
This seemed better at first but then I got a bunch of failures in a row.

TEST #3: Setting = 200
Bad idea. Failed more than 50% of the time.

TEST#4: Setting = 185
Now I was getting somewhere. I think I went almost 20 balls without a failure.

TEST #5: Setting = 182
The magic number! Tested 60+ balls without a single failure!

I've now played at least 30 more games and I kid you not, I have had only ONE failure.

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks for posting your resolution. Doesn’t happen enough where people go back and update.

You're welcome! I've tried to be vigilant about following up on all the issues I've had with enough detail that it will help others, especially if I have a resolution to share. It's important to do! I also look for if my solution worked for other folks. VERY curious about responses for this one.

#3677 4 years ago

Perhaps there's already an answer I just can't find it. Curious if any company has put together a full rubber + plastic replacement set for JP (post sleeves, o-rings etc.)? I'm traversing the parts list and adding onesie twosies to my Pinball Life cart, wondering if there's a better way / simply a set I can buy with desired colors. Looks like some companies have put together sets for other games.

#3758 4 years ago

Anyone have advice on lighting up the raptor + tower area better? It's really dark in that general vicinity. I think purpose of the light mounted behind the helipad sign is to shine across the field to do so but doesn't do a great job. It's almost like light needs to be coming from a different direction. I'm not really looking to buy a pinstadium kit but perhaps someone knows of a good mini LED lamp to mount over there somewhere? I have the tower mod from mezel but the lights they used are super dim and orange which is cool (and I think expected?) but they don't provide additional light per se. Appreciate any tips!

1 week later
#3887 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Sorry for the noob question, but my JP Premium just arrived yesterday and my raptor is in the down position unless I physically lift it up. It doesn't appear to be getting stuck on anything. Any tips or can someone point me to where this has been covered?

As long as you've ruled out it getting caught on anything (i.e. the hand sticking under the top of the cage, the counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard), it's likely the mold of the body vs. legs or like was already said you need to loosen the legs a bit. Lastly you may have a little wiggle room to rotate the legs ever so slightly where they are screwed in at the feet. But I hope you don't have to do the latter. BEWARE it's very difficult to get those screws back in. See this post about the nightmare I had with that: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/33#post-5268057

#4058 4 years ago

EDIT: I think this question/issue can be disregarded. I now believe what I was seeing was a lamp under one of the right side plastics that appeared to be coming from the underside. Unless anyone knows of an underside light in that area of course.

---------------------------

I noticed a light issue that I think has been going on all along I just didn't know. Around the center of the playfield where the Escape Nublar and Visitor Center LEDs are, there's a light that lights up the playfield in that general area (from the underside). When I'm playing it's never on. When I was running the auto plunger test today I noticed it dimly flickering as I tested. I went through all the lamp/light/LED tests I could find and none of them seem to trigger that light specifically. I'm not even sure which one it is in the manual. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Here's a pic of the general location:
Playfield light area (resized).pngPlayfield light area (resized).png

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Which flipper rubber do you think is the best for this game? I want to try superbands or titans.

I haven't tried titans but I love the superbands I bought. I went with orange for the bottom flippers and green for the top. It does come down to your preference. The polyurethane is "stickier" than the standard rubber which I like better when it comes to catching the ball and they feel more precise. My standard rubbers were also deteriorating quickly. Only thing I do miss about the standard is being able to let the ball ride the left flipper over to the right one to catch it. The superbands will slow the velocity during that trick. I suppose some wax could change that but I'm leaving them as is. The glow is really cool too!

1 week later
#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm curious if delts31 is planning to continue his solid work on a remixed audio package with the iconic callouts from the movie or if someone else is working on that as well. I see the work that folks are doing on other titles and definitely feel like this game needs a killer audio mix with all of the callouts we know and love. Cleland does killer work as well as I'm sure others in the pinside community have done for other games. What's the good word on this front?

I'm still working on this with another pinsider. We recently obtained a new version of an amazing dialogue only mix of the JP original movie (better than the rip you can do from the 7.1 remastered discs). This is causing us to retrace our audio cutting and sweetening steps, but it's going to be well worth it. The introduction of the 0.97 new voice actor and other factors from that update have also slowed things a bit. I will post an update in this topic once I have something positive to share. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project
We appreciate everyone's interest and patience thus far!

#4227 4 years ago

I feel like I came across a post for recommended EQ settings but asking b/c I can't find it. I have the PinSub kit from Pinnovators hooked up to an external Polk sub. I then I have the outputs RCA Y-cabled to feed an additional pair of active speakers that project sound from the rear corners of my tiny game room. In other words, I have the sound feeding all of the pin's speakers + my external ones + the sub.

I'm curious if anyone has a similar set up and if so, what you have toyed with as far as 10 settings, especially since 0.97 introduced a 10-band EQ option. In the release notes, this is mentioned:
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.

I'm not sure what exactly is meant by that last sentence ("NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device). It almost seems to imply you are bypassing the pin's speakers altogether and are using an outboard EQ + speakers instead. I am not using an external EQ. My speakers do have a simply 3-band EQ on them but I have other games routing to them as well via an audio switch so I keep those flat.

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Just got off the phone with Hemispheres and they don’t have any Stern JP shooter rods either. He had some EBay ads up, but he took them all down. I got some good info though...
Sounds like designer/guy that was supplying Stern with the mold for it bailed on Stern. George Gomez has now been tasked with coming up with a new mold and it will eventually get done, but ‘it’s going to be awhile’. All of the distributors seem frustrated with Stern’s accessory department lately. I was told that Stern has around 50 of the shooter rods in stock which were cast using the original mold, but I’m not sure how they’re going to be distributed amongst all the distributors asking for them. Hemisphere’s wait list is over 45 at this time.
I’ve had one on order with Mike @ GAP since September and I know he’s frustrated the same as me. I’ll just stick it out and keep waiting. I was told that Stern is not going to leave everyone that wants one empty handed, they’re eventually going to get them out to the people, but ‘this is basically Star Wars topper 2.0’. Who knows, maybe the new version will be better? Stern just doesn’t seem to care much about making/designing accessories and would rather make games.

Wait are you saying that as of right now, no more rods are being released by Stern to anyone? I've had mine on preorder from Little Shop Of Games since the first week of Aug. They ordered like 20 way back then and have only received 4. I'm next in line but per your description it sound like it could be quite sometime...

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Ugh my distributor still hasn't gotten his allotment, sounds like it could be a while yet.
Good thing this one is "bolted".
I can be patient.

Got somewhat promising news from Stern this morning. They haven't had any stock in the past few weeks but are expecting about 50 pcs in the next week or two. So that sounds like production hasn't halted, just stalled again it seems. I'll definitely post again once I receive shipping confirmation from LSOG.

1 week later
#4406 4 years ago

For replacing the jeep / truck: I've been trying to find a 1:43 scale model of the green and red Ford (Jungle) Explorer. From others who have replaced theirs with the Jada Jeep 1:43, that seems to be the right scale. Anyone know of a company who makes the explorer in 1:43 scale? So far, I've only been able to find Matchbox and Tomica models that are too small (1:64 scale). Here's a pic of the Matchbox one for reference. Thanks!

Matchbox Jurassic Ford Explorer (resized).jpgMatchbox Jurassic Ford Explorer (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4604 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

We have hit the 1.0 ! !
V1.00.0 - February 19, 2020
===========================
- When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth - added a new Ultra Wizard Mode that is started if you complete Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, Secure Control Room and Escape Nublar
- Escape Nublar - added intro blowoff when you press both flipper buttons
- Escape Nublar - extra balls awarded after starting Escape Nublar will award consolation points (15M)
- Escape Nublar Challenge - initial path you are spotted is determined by the direction of the Truck when the mode starts
- Visitor Center - fixed an issue where the Inlane Up Post would not come up to catch ball during a Fossil award / Tilt warning
- DNA Combos - now enabled
- DNA Combos - sound effect will now happen the moment the combo is achieved, the display effect may be queued up and displayed later if necessary
- DNA Combos - some of the harder combos have been made easier (check Instant Info for details)
- Super Combos - now score 5X instead of 3X
- Perfect Paddock - added a bonus 2x paddock bounty if all the staff is rescued from a paddock
- Super Combos - added new compy attack videos for super combos
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track current percentage of staff rescued
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track DNA combos and how to collect them
- Instant Info - added instant info page to track Wildcard Fossils collected and how to collect them
- Skill Shot - added Ultra Super Skill Shot which starts a special hidden feature for that player's game
- Skill Shot - added MXV Skill Shot
- High Score Tables - added When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth Champion
- High Score Tables - added Skill Shot Champion
- High Score Tables - added DNA Champion
- Raptor Tower Combos - fixed an issue where the tower combo text was occasionally being formatted improperly
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the lockdown button would turn green with no credits in the game
- Speech - fixed an issue where instruction speech could be heard after end ball
- Credit / Partial Credit Sounds - updated sound effects
- System - Updated to V2.44.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.57.0
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Adjustment Changes:
- removed 'NUBLAR CHALLENGE ON START PRESS' in favor of Standard Adjustment 'GAME MODE ON START' in the SPI adjustments. Defaults to STANDARD, set to CHALLENGE to always start Escape Nublar Challenge on start button press.

I was really hoping for some kind of video mode before or once they hit the 1.xx mark. I assume this means there will never be one? Assuming so b/c as I'm told most of the time once a game hits 1.xx that means it's not much more than bug fixes and improvements to current modes/video/audio stuff. Aka no "brand new" gameplay features will be added moving forward. What about the auto-launch button? Is its only implementation going to be the one-time tranquilizer? Curious if anyone has some insight on this notion. I could be misinformed.

1 month later
#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got somewhat promising news from Stern this morning. They haven't had any stock in the past few weeks but are expecting about 50 pcs in the next week or two. So that sounds like production hasn't halted, just stalled again it seems. I'll definitely post again once I receive shipping confirmation from LSOG.

Low and behold, 8 months later I finally received my Stern Amber Shooter Rod from LSOG. I hope others are starting to get theirs too. The irony though is that the mosquito in mine just doesn't even look like a mosquito. It doesn't even have legs or a proboscis. While it looks great overall, lights work etc., I just feel underwhelmed after waiting all this time. I'm wondering this is just what all the "insects" look like? Could others share a close up pic of theirs? Pics of mine below.

IMG_20200323_200306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200306 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200310 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_200310 (resized).jpg
#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here's what my original looks like. Never really looked closely, but it looks fine to me. Can't believe people obsess over shit like this...legs, proboscis, wtf?
[quoted image]

Unsure if you looked closely at my pictures. Mine looks like a sliver of wood with wings attached. I don't think simply expecting the product to look like a mosquito, especially given the price + an 8 month delay is being obsessive. Yours looks like what I was expecting. I appreciate you sharing the photo, that's what I was looking to find out.

#4859 4 years ago

Thanks to all you guys above for providing feedback and pics. I ended up letting my support contact at Stern know and he thoroughly agreed that what I got was in no way up to the standards of the quality they expect. I now know that I'm not crazy aka the amber shooter I received is not what it was intended to be. So, he's going to have a new one, personally inspected beforehand sent out to me (as time permits with what's going these days of course). That's amazing customer service in my opinion. I'm very thankful for the level of support Stern continues to provide. You guys simply spending the time to reply with your thoughts and pics was beyond helpful. Hopefully I just got a bad one and those who finally receive theirs from this latest run aren't like mine. More pics for good measure in case it helps:

IMG_20200324_130301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130329 (resized).jpgIMG_20200324_130329 (resized).jpg
#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

False, they are not done with them. Just got a bunch in and they all looked pretty nice. Guys, understand this is a real bug. They are all going to look different. They will not be in there picture perfect. I think they are pretty slick... especially once installed and lit up.

I hope that you've seen some new ones that actually look like mosquitoes, not what mine looks like. I've already seen pics from 3 other people that look identical to mine. You can't sell a product like that with completely different qualities. I understand there should be minor differences as that's of course what they would be realistically. However these knobs should all at least look like mosquitoes, mounted correctly, not slivers of bark with wings, tiny off-set to the side of the mold. It's clear that previous production runs were what people expected. So based on that, the price tag, initial proven design, let alone those like me who have waited 8 months, what is being sent out today is unacceptable IMO.

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern told me the guy who did the original run did not want to continue the project so they found someone else to do it and they look different for sure.

So IMO it's one thing to change vendors/production of an item, but it's quite another to sell it as the same product when there are clearly innate differences b/t the runs. From the pics I've seen from multiple people from different runs, it's basically not the same product anymore. To think that whoever at Stern thought the new 'look' would even pass as a 'mosquito' as advertised is beyond me. The new run does not reflect the original product description which is still alive and reads: "Our shooter knob and rod is crowned with an egg-shaped amber globe, housing a suspended fossilized *mosquito*..." https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/jurassic-park-shooter-knob

The bottom line is the 'bug' inside now is not a 'mosquito' so they shouldn't be touting it as such. It makes me wonder if Stern intended on using a very low res product pic from the get go. This is the image they've had and still have today. I have pretty good eyesight. Can you even tell what it's supposed to look like inside of the amber? This is their actual .jpg file on the site (highest res, unedited version you can download/view from the product posting, not a thumbnail):
JP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgJP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nice. Which one is that?
There are so many listed.
Is it the Papo?

Looks like the Papo one/the same one I added to my pin. It really does look fantastic and super easy to mount with that specific screw/post location. You just have to make sure his wings don't impede on the ramp. The way he has his mounted more upright is how I have mine too and that does the trick! Oh I didn't end up drilling into mine (maybe he did?). I used a sturdy wire clamp to one of the figurine's feet/ankle. Hasn't failed so far. There are multiple ways of course. Let me know if you want to see pics of the way I did it.

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It is
Looks awesome and really looks like it belongs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah that's the best thing about adding this Papo pterandon figure in particular, especially in this location. It looks like it belonged there in the first place like you said. Plus it's an inexpensive, very detailed addition. I highly recommend!

2 months later
#5605 3 years ago

Possibly stupid question. Is there a feature adjustment for the Slingshot "sensitivity"? I see one for Slingshot Power but I'm unsure if that adjusts how hard the slingshot slings the ball when triggered or if it adjusts amount of force the ball has to contact it with in order to trigger the slingshot/sling the ball at all. Or maybe there's another setting I'm not seeing? I'm looking for a way to adjust the latter. It's just way too sensitive IMO to the point of frustrating at times. I also wonder if my swapping those rubbers out for Superbands has made them worse/more sensitive. Appreciate any insight!

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Each sling has two leaf switches sticking up from under the playfield. It is simply how close those are gaped that will determine the sensitivity.
A leaf switch adjustment tool works great but you can just stick a small screwdriver down between the leafs and make them stay more open then closed.
If the ball has to push the rubber ring further inward to make contact, the sling will not fire as quickly.

Ah ok I think that makes sense, thanks Arcade ! I wish there was a menu setting adjustment instead as I would hate to break these completely. Just so I'm clear, you're saying increase the gap(s) like so with a flat-head screwdriver? (see screenshot)

2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png
#5618 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Correct. That is the gap you are trying to increase.
Use the screwdriver towards the bottom where the wood is. Go slowly. This is regular maintenance stuff that it's worth knowing how to do. As long as you have the game off you won't do any real damage.
You might have to try a couple times to get it to your liking.
This is the tool mentioned. Don't need it, but worth having if you are going continue with this addiction
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

ectobar Using the screwdriver method ever so carefully worked. I also re-attached the stock rubber rings. I can now finally catch the ball when it lightly touches the slingshot instead of it being slinged annoyingly/unexpectedly. Now when the ball hits either with an appropriate force, they sling away as expected. THANK YOU! This is a gameplay changer to say the least. I will also say that I now understand why a tool was made. With the screwdriver method, one could accidentally "disable" the slingshot entirely by bending too far or damage the switch entirely. So good tool callout there. I'm going to play with the stock rubbers for a while then try my super bands again later to see if there's a difference in gap. One thing I noticed early on when installing the superbands is that they seemed "stressed" at the connecting pegs... as if they were "smaller" than the stock ones (but they are not). What I mean is that with the superbands, they seemed to press the forward part of the switch further back than with the stock rings (in turn, closing the connection between the back of the switch and making it more "sensitive" to hits).

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did Stern stop including extra plastics in the goodie bag? Mine only had a key fob I think.

I believe they did stop sending extra stuff. All I got with my LE was replacement stickers for the switches IIRC.

#5642 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Was at the local distributor today and they had 1 Premium left. Pulled the trigger and will get it hopefuly soon
Somehow i really like the amber rod. Anyone got something if it will become available again? Has the problems with the "wrong" insects been improved.
And how does the one from modfather compare to it? Drilling holes and connect LEDs in the plate i could do myself.

I've been in contact with Stern ever since I got my "not really a mosquito" rod. They have promised to replace it and have acknowledged that later runs of it were terrible. But even after recent followups they have not confirmed any new, improved production happening anytime soon. I would not suggest buying one at this time unless the seller can send you a pic of what you'll actually receive. It seems it was only the first run that actually looked the way they should. I hope that many people including you contact Stern directly to ask. Unfortunately, getting accurate new runs of that rod is apparently not a priority for them at this time.

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

For all the nedry drops I have yet to hear, dodgson.!bwe got dodgson here!
[quoted image]

There are tons of Nedry lines they put into the code but decided to never trigger, including this one. I'm pretty sure out of the 20 or so they have in the code, only 5 or 6 ever play. It's really sad. B/c of this, I put the line you mentioned w/ at the end "see, nobody cares" in my custom code for an option that plays during the control room entry, instead of that horrible, fake Ray Arnold actor saying the same thing.

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can you post pictures of what yours looked like?

Here you go. Pics can be seen in a post from me a while back in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/97#post-5548869

#5692 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Tim did Stern send you a replacement? I have issue with mine, but even worse.

Nope. They are supposed to but haven't made new production of the rod. Therefore if you buy one now from their site you're gonna get what I got.

#5735 3 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue where a ball will fly into/behind the raptor figure in between the two clear plastics there and get stuck? (i.e. in between the tower model and next to/behind the raptor)? It's been driving me bonkers b/c when that happens it requires pulling the glass off to retrieve it, often with a magnet and losing your game. It seems the "dual" plastics there are supposed to prevent that but they don't on my LE. They like to "trap" the ball instead. Hopefully this pic shows the area where this happens often. Anyone aware of a way to prevent this? I will say that the tower mod might be partially to blame because that one plastic it comes with does tends to contact the tower wall itself "bending" it up/downwards from it's expected position.
Raptor (resized).jpgRaptor (resized).jpg

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've had it happen a couple of times where the ball goes between those plastics (I don't have the tower mod). Clearly the top plastic is there to stop ball hangs but it needed to be closer to the bottom plastic to avoid allowing the ball to squeeze in between. From your description, this area seems to be worsened for ball hangs with the tower mod - can you trim the plastic that makes contact with the tower wall so that it can sit flat and allow balls landing on top of it to run down and off the plastic?
As gtrefraction eluded to, you don't need to lose your game when retrieving a hung ball - if you leave the coin door open it'll disable the solenoids, then once you've retrieved the ball drop it into the shooter lane and replace the glass and lockdown bar. Once you close the coin door the solenoids will be re-enabled and it'll shoot the ball back into play.

You guys both have good points. Yes I have the Marco balls and see more flys (didn't know that was a thing). For me it's much more frequent that what you guys have witnessed. I will try "shaving" the plastic so that it doesn't contact the modded tower. I say this b/c when it does happen the plastic has touched the modded tower and turned itself up/down. I feel like it's a design issue, mod or not. Hoping to hear if anyone without the tower mod who has this issue. Would be cool if someone made a "blocker", perhaps some kind of vertical clear plastic to avoid this altogether. No clue how that would work/how it would mount tho.

Anyway really appreciate the insight here guys. I'll report back!

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's what I have done and it works 100% and takes 2 seconds.
I used a clear post (superbands due to it's thickness) and cut it to fit just slightly larger than the opening between the two plastics.
I didn't use glue, or anything, literally just wedge it between...I don't see it, forget it's there, and it prevents the clear plastic from flexing and allowing the ball back there...I've played over 500 games like this and haven't had the issue since.
Also, I am using the raptor tower mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks like a viable prevention! However, you say you just wedge it in there with no fastening. Is the pressure of the two plastics with that clear post in between actually enough to keep that "wedge"/clear post it in there? It seems like that would be prone to getting knocked out onto the playfield itself. I mean, you said 500 games and no issue so I'm not trying to doubt you. Just seems a bit scary to have no adhesive. I'll give that a shot though since I have some extra post superbands that I'm not using. Thanks brotha!

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

for those that love dino's and have more money then god maybe a warehouse or big lot at pinball conventions.
*Crocodile Dundie voice* Huh thats not a topper mate..this is a Topper!
Looks like the company has gone belly up and all the assets are going up for auction.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dinosaur-auction-in-langley-1.5651547?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR1IBByJCdzERAk0wdu2T8DJ3ly3qBBrt5EQ2cPuCw_WzpEqpbTnNwdV5oU

If only they'd built the "Dinosaurs On Noah's Ark" exhibit. That would've made them some god-like profits (prophets?) for sure!

#5776 3 years ago

A while ago I thought I read that someone was working on a T-Rex head mod for the PREM/LE i.e. a replacement mold. Anyone know if that's still a thing?

#5783 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Finally got around to doing my last mod, one that I wanted to do for a long while..Turned out awesome I think.
Used a 9/64 drill bit to drill out the spun rivets in the matchbox helo and separated the 2 halves and removed the landing gear...then used a grinding wheel to flatten the top of the helo to give clearance for the metal blades while using the factory bushing plate mounted under the plastic (didn't change that setup at all). I then used a step cone bit on the top of the helo to widen a whole large enough to give the plastic sleeve for the rod and the washers connecting the blades with ample room to turn uninhibited. (Basically the helo just sits around the original post)... Finally used a dremel to give some clearance for the 3 screws on the helo pad and fastened the helo to the pad with 3M tape.
Pretty easy mod all together, just need the right tools to start.
Love how it turned out
Here's a video of it in action, click link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UZCWovuQw4dEjyZ-vRdhOq1uWxwUN_i4/view?usp=sharing

[quoted image][quoted image]

This is spectacular! I've been waiting for someone to figure this out. I have a drill with general bits but it sounds like you do need to grind down the top of the helicopter itself and need some special "cone bit" in order to do this? I don't have a grinder unfortunately. Either way, well done man. Looks like it should have been from day one!

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. Here it is.
[quoted image]

Thanks, but I'm speaking to the Stern JP2 Prem/LE T-Rex head, not the Data East one. Anyone know if someone is working on this? My guess is no otherwise I would've probably found a recent post about it. I imagine it would be a lot of effort. It would be so awesome to know if any modders are looking into it.

1 week later
#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In regards to Q1, if it is just the auto-plunger (ie the manual plunger makes the ramp) than it is most likely that the 2 strike arms of the auto-plunger aren't both touching the ball causing the ball to have sideways movement and not enough momentum to get up the ramp. prodoshi did a great post a few days ago showing this issue and how to adjust the auto-plunger https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/120#post-5758762
If you are having an issue with both the manual and auto-plungers, then it's possible you need to raise the left fork at the entrance of the reverse ramp by placing 1 or 2 small washers under fork. The reason is that the ball gets sideways movement and loses momentum hitting the side walls of the ramp such that it doesn't make it up onto the wireform. This post from caviel shows the washers https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/81#post-5484171
Also worth checking that the manual plunger has an orange spring on the plunger and not a green one (which was shipped with the early machines), oh and check that the PF is level from left to right.

Thanks so much for this. I have been plagued with this issue since day one. Unfortunately I've done all of this plus installed a brand new, entire shooter assembly Stern sent me (and tweaked that over multiple months). The success rate is abysmal still to this day. I even got that lane protector and it still hasn't changed a thing. Also, before the protector, the wood of the right side of the dremeled starting point began to "divot" (which is why I bought the protector). This tells me there's an alignment problem in general. I even notice that from the underside the whole shooter assembly has an ever so slightly shifted to the left mounting. I'm convinced that there's an overall alignment issue with the mounting holes in the playfield for the shooter assembly and/or possibly the halfpipe itself. In other words I'm screwed no matter what I bend or adjust.

In the end it is what you described--the ball bouncing back and forth up the lane. I have slo mo video I can share with anyone who thinks they can help me. It's the most aggravating thing. The t-rex catch issues I have too, but this auto and manual plunge fail ruins one's game as when it fails the ball usually drains down the outlane.

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Tim, sorry to hear that your having issues and it does sound like you have an alignment issue. Is it with both the manual and auto plungers or just one? Maybe some photo of the ball in the trough showing where the auto and manual plungers line up, as well as slo-mo's of both plungers in action (if you able to post a link to them) - if the ball is bouncing off the sides prior to the forks of the ramp then I'd be saying you need to look at adjusting the plunger mech but if it's happening in the ramp then an adjustment of the forks or the ramp itself might be required. Also wondering if the shooter lane protector is contributing to this issue as well.

fooflighter , Manny65 , others who have kindly responded, thank you again!

The issue has always been an issue before and after the lane protector. It looks like I may be getting a tech out here (again) to look so I'll report back if there's a resolution. I really hope it doesn't come down to a playfield swap. Here's some video and pictures. I've sent tons of videos and pics to Stern over the past year both before they sent me a replacement assembly and after. They've showed all of this to engineering and no one seems to know why I keep having this issue.

The videos I currently have were just before I got the protector, but I promise you it has not changed the success/fail rate whatsoever.

Regular speed video with tons of failures and me changing the view throughout: https://photos.app.goo.gl/czeZi6YCPqZYPxmN9
Different, slo-mo video (Note that for some reason it doesn't become slo-mo for a few seconds and depending on the angle you may have to listen for the failures. If you download it it may be slo mo the whole time): https://photos.app.goo.gl/9p18js4PTrzdiPgy9

Attached is a pic of the divot that's formed over time likely directly related to/because of this issue.

Let me know if you have any epiphanies!

IMG_20200702_213713_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_213713_2 (resized).jpg
#5860 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Looks like it is bouncing off the side walls of the shooter lane - first pic shows the ball in the center of the lane but the next pic shows that same ball up against the left wall as it's on the fork. It seems that most balls bounce off the left wall around the start of the fork, so I was wondering if the fork was causing this but the 3rd pic shows the ball already on the left just as it reaches the fork. It seems that the amount of bounce off the wall determines whether it's back in line to make the ramp - the 4th pic shows a ball exiting the shooter lane well to the left so it hits the ball guide to the left of the ramp and simply rattles in the bottom of the ramp. So the ramp itself is not the issue.
I would be interested in a close up pic of the forks from the balls perspective - maybe hold the phone upside down with the camera as close to the PF taking a pic looking down the shooter lane. I'm trying to see whether the forks edges are below or above the PF surface and their height relative to each other. Also interested to see what happens with the ball when manually plunging - any chance of a slow-mo video? This would help eliminate the fork as a potential issue.
I agree with Vitty that the auto-plunger does seem at a slight angle (see the last pic when the plunger is firing). The ball seems to sit against the 2 prongs but if the plunger is firing on a slight angle that would impact the travel of the ball down the shooter lane. Unfortunately I've not looked at how the plunger is connected to know whether an adjustment can be easily made as I'm currently in Covid-19 lockdown and unable to get to my machine. Maybe post some pics so I can share my thoughts on how I'd trying squaring it up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the close attention to details Manny65 ! Yeah your explanation is exactly what's happening. This video I linked earlier should be slo mo but for some reason it doesn't become slo mo until the ~20 second mark: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9p18js4PTrzdiPgy9 You may have to download it first to get it to play in slo mo or use a player that will play it slow for you. Sucks b/c the first few launches in the video are failures. LMK if that doesn't work and if you still need pics. Really appreciate the assistance from afar.

1 month later
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've seen the scale for replacing the jeep as 1:43 & 1:32 - which is best/closest to the original size?

I installed the 1:43 Jada 24038-W1 Jurassic World 2015 Movie Die Cast Wrangler Jeep. Not easy to find nowadays (not surprised). I bugged Jada about making a similar sized Ford Explorer but I'm not sure that would work at 1:43 since the jeep if mounted at the right balance barely clears the loop ramp. I think the Ford given its longer hood may not clear it at that scale. Would be so awesome though!

1 month later
#6083 3 years ago

[Deleted: I posted in the wrong thread, please ignore!]

1 week later
#6126 3 years ago

FWIW the best change I've made to reduce the amount of outlane drains and more chances to catch the ball was to go back to the stock slingshot rubber rings. I had put superbands on them which made them way too sensitive, slinging on the slightest graze of a ball on them. It was if I never had a chance to catch the ball and they often fired the ball out the outlane. I also did the trick to slide a flathead screwdriver in between the contacts ever so slightly to give them more breathing room. Now I get slings when I expect them and again have a chance to catch the ball with the left flipper when it drops out of the control room. Prior to these changes/reverting the slingshot rings, I was never given that chance and it drove me nuts.

2 months later
#6486 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get the Helicopter Opto Board part # 520-8442-00? I believe I accidentally scraped it when adjusting my helicopter assembly. The LED doesn't do anything now. I've checked all connections and even in tests there's no indication of an issue except that the switch doesn't register anything in switch test when rotating the blades/pin. I can't find the part online anywhere and am still waiting for Stern's parts department to return my emails. My guess is that I'll have to wait for them, but maybe someone knows a seller or has an extra? Thanks!

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I would send a ticket to Stern support and see if you can get it free under warranty. They are pretty responsive.

My warranty ended a couple months ago unfortunately. Yes they have been incredibly helpful throughout my warranty period. Since not a single site has either of these parts listed I reached out anyway. They did get back to me the next day, but said I had to contact a distributor to purchase the parts and Stern will send them to me. Understandable, out of warranty company policy, but kind of frustrating. I had already planned to pay for the parts and expedited shipping, this just draws out resolution. I imagine I can't find these part numbers on any site b/c they don't commonly break (aka idiots like me don't usually break them LOL) so no one stocks them? Would be nice if they were listed as a backorder option somewhere so I could at least submit an order online to get the process started. Just my 2 cents. I suppose I'm getting what I deserve for not being more careful!

I'm also hoping that these are the only parts I need. Like I said the switch test and technician alerts tools don't reveal any issue. The test simply doesn't register anything when I spin the blades. I'm not sure the expectation here. Should the game "know" that something's wrong and lead me toward the cause or is this normal diagnostics behavior when any given switch or opto goes out? Sorry if that's a stupid question... I know I can break out my multimeter but I'm not an expert in this area and the board is incredibly tiny.

#6489 3 years ago

It's all of a sudden been issue after issue a few months out of warranty. I posted about my helicopter opto issue 2 days ago that I thought was my fault for making adjustments to the helicopter. However, what happened today is in a completely opposite end of the playfield. I have not been able to find an answer anywhere, I hope someone here can help.

I'll try to explain as best as possible:

Firing up the game today resulted in me noticing that my TOP GI-LEFT lights weren't working as expected. I have the Mezel Tower Mod and the T-Rex Gate Mod (that has LEDs in this area) - lights on both were out. Going into DIAG revealed alerts about CHECK NODE BOARD 9 OVERCURRENT PROTECTION. Digging in closer OVERCURRENT PROTECTION - UPPER PLAYFIELD - DRIVE: NONE LIGHT: TOP GI-LEFT. Doing OVERCURRENT TEST on Node 9 flashes all of the GI lights except for those in question and maybe another one? (noted as 154 in the manual). I also got an error along the way about TROUGH MALFUNCTION and I see the Raptor Cage / Gate try to initialize but stop halfway through.

I've checked all connections and nothing looks wrong. I also replaced the Tower Mod LED that wires into the Tower Lights. For about 5 min everything lit back up and there were no alerts. But within my first gameplay ball everything went out again, rinse and repeat with that Node 9 GI overcurrent alert and Trough malfunction messages . I then disconnected the two LED mods. No change. Some screenshots below.

I don't understand what is causing all of this all of a sudden. The mods have been in the machine forever without issue. I have no other mods that leverage the machines power and again eliminating them didn't change anything. The little monitor mod in the pics is powered outside of the machine BTW.

Any advice on what else to check? From what I've read the DRIVE value in diagnostics tells you where the problem is but in my case it's DRIVE: NONE

Should I buy and install a new node board?
PXL_20210108_212302486 (resized).jpgPXL_20210108_212302486 (resized).jpgPXL_20210108_212336847 (resized).jpgPXL_20210108_212336847 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

I posted a revised description of the issue here per recommendation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple

Added over 3 years ago:

For anyone who runs into the same OVERCURRENT DETECTION NODE 9 + TROUGH MALFUNCTION errors/alerts I recently faced, I finally solved it through tons of troubleshooting and forum help. Please see the this thread, especially the Key Posts in this thread if you ever run into this issue: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple/page/2?kp=1&kp_sort=keypost_summary#index

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Man if there is one person on this thread that should get help it is you!! Please anyone with experience with a Node issue chime in!!
Tim when you say you were referring to the manual do you mean the manual that came with the game or the new manuals for the SPIKE systems now finally listed on Sterns website with detailed wiring diagrams ect?? Below is a link to one of them although I do not know if it will help with your problem, as quickly reading through pages 48 and 49 talks about overcurrent but does not look like the best step by step break down to the core problem, but there are several new manuals on their site now.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

Thanks, I did not know about this specific manual. I've gone through the flowchart and am stuck on page 46 at the multimeter step:
"At the node board,
measure the source wire
of the G.I. to ground. Use
the manual to determine
wire color."

I have no idea what it means by "source wire of the G.I.". The JP manual doesn't note a "source wire" location for the G.I. either.

I own a multimeter. Is there not a video about this somewhere? Maybe someone who knows about this stuff and is willing to do me a favor by walking me through this and subsequent steps via phone can please PM me?

I posted a revised description of the issue here per @manny65's recommendation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple

1 week later
#6539 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Has anyone installed the "fence upgrade" and had an issue with the TREX hitting the left fence? I tried adjusting the left / right bias in settings and it helps but when TREX goes crazy at the beginning it always hits the left fence pretty hard. I don't think it's really hurting anything but I don't want to scratch up the TREX head, lol. Any ideas? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine has always been this way and it did scare me at first. However, I've had the mod installed for over a year now and nothing has gone awry with either the mod or the t-rex b/c of it. I suppose it depends how close/hard she's hitting the mod though. Mine just barely does during thrashing only and it seems like there's enough flex in the fence assembly to not be damaging or wearing anything out. Also, FWIW I elected for the mod install option of keeping the existing tower plastics, adhering the mods to them as opposed to replacing entirely. Also, I will point out that my mod was not made very well. The LEDs on the top of the fence post in question here broke off during install (the LED housings and posts are not part of a single 3D print and mine were barely attached by some hot glue or something--poor design IMHO). When that happened, mezel wouldn't send me a replacement without me first returning both fence posts. Since it would have been too difficult / risky to rip the mods off to send back to them, I epoxied the LED housing back on myself. Luckily its stayed in tack for over a year now, even with the t-rex knocking at the post every so often.

4 months later
#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Can someone please tell me the approx length and width of the car on the newton ball spinner, Thanks

Do you not have the machine to measure it? If you're looking to replace the stock jeep with the movie one you need the 1:43 scale Jada 24038-W1 Jurassic World 2015 Movie Die Cast Wrangler Jeep (not the 1:24 or whatever other models they make). That particular 1:43 model 24038-W1 is hard to come by nowadays but fits just perfectly if you mount it correctly. Do a search on this forum to find lots of advice on replacing this. I've been hounding Jada over the past year to make a same 1:43 scale "Jurassic Park Explorer" since I think that would also look very cool but they have yet to make one at that specific scale, not to mention even at that scale it may not clear the wire ramp since in general the Explorer is longer than the jeep. Hope this helps!

2 weeks later
#7233 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

After almost 20 months of waiting, the day finally came. On October 22, 2019, I paid in full for a Jurassic Park Premium. I ordered from Jonathan at ASOA (search the forum using ASOA if you don’t know the mess that guy caused). For weeks and weeks he told me to expect my game in the next few days. After two months of this, I demanded a refund. He refused and kept promising that my game would be delivered. Then he kept making more and more excuses. Then he was finally outed on Pinside and started making monthly refund payments to those he’d ripped off. And to his credit, almost all have received most of their money back, including me.
A few months ago, I tried ordering this game through another distributor, but it seemed the game was near impossible to get. Part supply issues, etc., and more waiting. But today—finally—I joined the club.
But sadly, I set the game up and it is momentarily unplayable. I knew there might be problems when I lifted the head up and the translite came crashing down to the floor. Luckily, there was no permanent damage to the head or translite. But I soon discovered the shooter rod housing was cracked, my shooter rod won’t stay in a playable position, and the right flipper leaf switches are barely attached to the cabinet and won’t make good contact (so I can’t get either of the right flippers to work consistently, no matter how much I play with and bend the switches).
If anyone could take a picture of these flipper switches, I would greatly appreciate it. And for some reason, the game shipped without a tilt bob.
On a positive note, the t-Rex seemed to be working properly when I rolled a ball up there with my hand. Hopefully I get it playing soon. Can’t wait to put the Titan rubbers, mirror blades, and shaker motor in that I ordered a year and a half ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well all of this sounds terrible, I'm sorry to hear. Do you think damage during shipping has caused any of this? It would seem unlikely that Stern would allow a machine out of the factory with a clear crack in the shooter housing or a translite lock not locked. As far as the plumb bob, that's not attached when shipped. You should find it inside the coin tray or somewhere else, within it's own ziplock bag. Per your request, since I had my LE open just now I snapped pics of the left and right flipper buttons. Pics below.

Again it seems like there may have been shipping damage to your machine so I would leverage your seller and Stern support to make things right.
Flipper Left (resized).jpgFlipper Left (resized).jpgFlipper Right (resized).jpgFlipper Right (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Those holes should be threaded from the factory. Your plate is a factory defect. If you have a Tap&Die set, you can thread it yourself.

Upvoting this because you should put this on Stern for the defect and get a new plate. I did not have this issue and mine is from I think the 2nd/3rd run. While good advice about how to thread it yourself, I don't think you should have to given what you likely paid for it. I would say DON'T ask for a new amber mold as well if you are happy with the way yours looks, just get the plate. The various runs of the mold have been hugely hit and miss. Only the first run actually looked like the mosquito intended. Almost all runs I've seen pics of since Stern changed manufacturers of that mold have been a terrible representation of Hammond's IMO (except for a few folks who seemingly got lucky with how theirs turned out).

2 weeks later
#7599 2 years ago

HAPPY 4TH WEEKEND ALL.
I did the impossible.......JP and BM up on the block for a weekend sale. Mama needs her first PIN and I have 2 in mind.
Local pick up gets a super deal.
Let the games begin.

(Insert trying not to cry emoji here) What a long strange trip it's been Royale-W-Cheese !

4 weeks later
#7870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My assumptions:
- Installed slightly askew
- Original models vary in shape
- Heat impacted during storage/transport
Unless it is completely out of mounting alignment, it's really not that big of a deal. Just carefully apply a little heat, slightly reshape, and you'll never have to worry about it again.
[quoted image]

Whoah some of the raptors are green? Didn't realize Stern changed the model up since my LE. Or is this a custom job?

1 month later
#8078 2 years ago

Hi all. Long time JP LE owner here. Got a couple odd issues popping up that I'm curious if anyone knows about. Apologies if answers are already in this thread, I did some searching and couldn't find anything specific to my issues.

1. T-Rex catches ball, magnet holds it, she chomp chomps then once she roars with her mouth open and begins to turn again, the ball falls out of her mouth. Is it possible that my magnet is wearing out? My t-rex software settings are all set to stock if that helps.

2. Upper right flipper: I don't know if its been this way all along but I noticed the flipper not triggering. From testing it appears that as we speak, the right flipper button must be pressed in all the way for the upper flipper to flip. Pressed in partially = the lower right flipper flips but the upper does not. Press it fully = both the lower and upper flippers flip. Does this sound like an intended design or do you think something has gone awry with my machine?

#8087 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

T-Rex catches ball, magnet holds it, she chomp chomps then once she roars with her mouth open and begins to turn again, the ball falls out of her mouth. Is it possible that my magnet is wearing out? My t-rex software settings are all set to stock if that helps.

Bumping this conundrum to see if anyone has had an issue like this with their T-Rex magnet/hold?

#8099 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Sorry, can't help out, but good luck Tim! Sounds like maybe a wire or connection is loose, and when the Trex moves a certain way power is cut to the magnet? Just a guess.

Thanks DakotaMike . I'm not sure if it's a loose connection as sometimes it doesn't even take much of a head turn for the ball to fall from the magnet. The ball sometimes falls out as she's raising her head vertically too. I'm not sure how to test the magnet appropriately either. If I go into coil test for the t-rex magnet, hold the button, the magnet holds the ball but as soon as I manually lower the jaw while still holding the test button, it falls out of her mouth. Unsure if that's expected or not. I also don't know if there's a magnet strength setting. The only setting I've found for something related is T-REX MAG THROW MAG OFF TICKS and T-REX JAW HOLD POWER. My guess is the former is just how long to hold the ball and the latter may have nothing to do with the magnet, just the jaw? Both are default and changing them doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect. I did try cleaning the magnet with contact cleaner. Maybe that will help. If not, I guess I should just replace the coil + magnet assembly. Really not sure.

#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like your issue is the following:
1) ball lock in the raptor pen is triggered and the post to hold the ball in the pen comes up to trap the ball
2) when the post comes up and traps the ball, the gate is also supposed to come up so that when the post releases the ball the ball rolls forward and is blocked by the gate
3) on yours the post is coming up to hold the ball, but the gate isn't coming up so when the post drops down the ball just rolls back into play
Is that what's happening? If so, I just found these posts where someone seemed to have a similar issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/88#post-5441649
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/88#post-5443747
And here's a post where it mentions it got corrected:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/88#post-5446747
Maybe @jordannar can comment on what was done to fix it.

Goyomex -- EaglePin may have pinpointed exactly what you need to know in order to fix this. However, before I saw his post yours reminded me of an issue I had with my raptor cage literally last week even after I had replaced its motor only a month or so ago. Even with the new motor installed it would go down but then often not go up, or maybe halfway up despite I could hear the motor turning. For me it turned out (pun intended) to be the turning of the lower plate pictured below not being positioned correctly. The motor turned the plate until it would get stuck on the bracket because I had it mounted too high + angled/offset (likely replacement user error on my part). I lowered the plate and made sure it was level by way of loosening the set screw (where the arrow is pointing in the photo), let the plate drop down slightly, ensured it was level, then re-tightened the set screw. Now my cage goes up and down and no contact of the rotating plate to the bracket occurs. Hope this helps.

JP raptor cage assembly (resized).pngJP raptor cage assembly (resized).png

2 weeks later
#8168 2 years ago

Has there been any advents in keeping the the T-Rex ramp plastic guard from cracking? I'm now on my 4th one and keep having to order them from Ulek at $8 a pop. One of the primary reasons it cracks all the time seems to be that the replacements are not curved so there is constant stress on the left hand screw points. I've tried different washers, heating up and creating a curve in it myself, going looser or tighter with the screws, going with or without the post plastic spacers, etc. and the dang thing keeps breaking. The only replacement I've found is the one in question from Ulek. Curious if anyone has made one that perhaps is made of a more durable/flexible plastic that conforms to the curve needed to screw it on without stressing it out?

PXL_20211010_205406826 (resized).jpgPXL_20211010_205406826 (resized).jpg
#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Seems like you could get a piece of petg and cut one out yourself and then heat it along the bend area with a heat shrink gun to form the correct angle. Once thats done I'd mount with minipost donut rings sliced in half like a bagel. You may just create a little market for yourself!

Genius! I will try that half donut method with the new ones.

Quoted from John_I:

I would contact ULEK. They should be making them out of PETG. Looks like that is acrylic in order to crack like that. I've been happy with the items I bought from them, so they would probably welcome the feedback.

Fantastic advice, thank you! I did message them and they came back saying they will cut the new ones from PETG. I assume they were going to do acrylic again if I hadn't asked. Will report back once I get them!

#8185 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Thanks for looking into this. I'm having the same problem over and over and looking forward to seeing what you end up getting/doing so I can copy it!

Update on the T-rex ramp plastic...

Got the new plastics from ULEK. They claimed these ones are PETG, not acrylic but I can't tell the difference. Tried out the "donut" method Cliffy suggested using mini 7/16" silicone post rubbers. At first I tried cutting up post sleeves but they were a little too wide.

For the front two screws, I didn't bother cutting them in half (not a very easy thing to do BTW) since I am still using the black plastic spacers beneath. I just didn't want any metal on plastic. I screwed them in pretty tight -- enough to "squash" the rubbers a bit. Hopefully that's not too much stress. If the screws begin to loosen I'll probably got back in with some locktite.

For the rear connection I did cut a rubber in half like a donut. One half b/t the washer and the top of the plastic guard, the other between the bottom of the plastic guard and the metal opto bracket. I had to find a longer screw in order to make it work.
I also didn't heat/bend the plastic this first time around. I just let it do its natural curve. I want to see how long this holds up as is. See photos below, I'll report back!
JP ramp plastic with donuts 1 (resized).jpgJP ramp plastic with donuts 1 (resized).jpgJP ramp plastic with donuts 2 (resized).jpgJP ramp plastic with donuts 2 (resized).jpgJP ramp plastic with donuts 3 (resized).jpgJP ramp plastic with donuts 3 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Update on the T-rex ramp plastic...
Got the new plastics from ULEK. They claimed these ones are PETG, not acrylic but I can't tell the difference. Tried out the "donut" method Cliffy suggested using mini 7/16" silicone post rubbers. At first I tried cutting up post sleeves but they were a little too wide.
For the front two screws, I didn't bother cutting them in half (not a very easy thing to do BTW) since I am still using the black plastic spacers beneath. I just didn't want any metal on plastic. I screwed them in pretty tight -- enough to "squash" the rubbers a bit. Hopefully that's not too much stress. If the screws begin to loosen I'll probably got back in with some locktite.
For the rear connection I did cut a rubber in half like a donut. One half b/t the washer and the top of the plastic guard, the other between the bottom of the plastic guard and the metal opto bracket. I had to find a longer screw in order to make it work.
I also didn't heat/bend the plastic this first time around. I just let it do its natural curve. I want to see how long this holds up as is. See photos below, I'll report back!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Following up on this as promised. Good news. It's been almost 2 months of playing regularly and my T-Rex ramp plastic is still in tact, no cracks or issues. Therefore, I'm considering this genius solution by Cliffy (making rubber "donuts" + ensuring the ramp is PETG, not acrylic) a viable way to keep your ramp plastic in tact. So I've marked it as a key post to help others. If / when it decides to break again I'll surely let everyone know. So far so good!

#8359 2 years ago

Need some help with my T-Rex on my JP LE. I will try to explain thoroughly the background and issue at hand.

30 days ago, my LE's T-Rex's mouth magnet was acting up--It was failing to hold the ball. Instead of messing with that existing assembly's specific issue (since replacing that coil + magnet looked daunting), I replaced my entire T-Rex assembly with a brand new assembly (a far later model than my old LE had, basically the "newer" version that newer Prem owners have--but AFAIK the only difference is the head mold). I have Lior's head mold, so I took that off of the old assembly and put it on the new. The head mold is irrelevant to my issues now but worth mentioning. The new assembly install was perfect, no issues whatsoever, no need to make any software or hardware adjustments or anything. Just mounted it and called it a day. It was working like a charm until tonight. Again this was barely 30 days ago, a brand new assembly.

Tonight out of nowhere, the T-rex started jittering during T-Rex MB when thrashing to the left (an issue I know many have faced). In tandem it seemed as if the jaw wasn't closing all the way all the time. I couldn't get it to do the jittering in Horiz or Vert test, only during gameplay BTW. The jaw issue was intermittent in gameplay and in Vert test. My biggest concern was the jittering, not the jaw issue. I figured that something had gone out of alignment physically. So I pulled the assembly off and inspected it thoroughly. Nothing physically stood out. The set screw to the gear was totally tight, nothing else loose or missing hardware wise. The jaw mech seemed just fine. So I put it back on.

Result = same issues and worse. Please continue reading....

I then decided that maybe the motor level bracket was coming loose, giving the assembly the wrong height, stressing the motor or something. So I started looking into adjusting that. As I loosened the nuts that hold that motor bracket, one of the screws came out of the wood entirely. Looking closer, I now saw that the playfield's back wood hole for said screw was completely spread open. I have been unable to reattach the screw that came out of it because of that. I can screw and screw and it just doesn't reattach. I'm unsure if the screw itself broke in half and the other half is embedded in the hole still or what (AFAIK it's impossible to see how these are actually mounted to the wood without removing all kinds of stuff from the other side of the PF wood on the back + the wood panel itself). Plus as you can see from the photos, another one of those motor bracket "holes" where the screw itself has not (yet) come out was also beginning to tear apart. I can only assume that screw is about to fall out too any day now.

I've tried retightening all 3 of the remaining motor mount nuts whose screws have not pulled out, moving the mech up and down via the motor bracket, testing over and over again at each position I'm able to. The original jittering keeps occurring in both gameplay and Horiz test. In fact now the tests are being weird. The Horiz is not finding actual home for example. The test is displaying that its moving to crazy xxx # positions when the t-rex is simply going to expected positions.

My questions:
1. How do I "revive" these wooden hole mounts that are now obviously spread apart? Do I need to order and install an entirely new playfield back wood and possibly purchase new hardware? I am very concerned about the motor hole mounts + that I now only have 3 mounts holding that motor bracket--How sustainable could this be over time even if I get it working again as is? Advice here?

I think that is what started all of the above aka has allowed the T-Rex old or new assemblies to go out of alignment. As you probably know if you've dug into that area, the motor assembly mount is separate from any given T-Rex assembly itself. A new assembly simply connects to that motor mount via the plastic arm.

2. Is the broken screw actually broken or is that the full screw and literally how short it is + it just screws into the wooden hole, relying on that hole itself to keep it there?

3. Does my above description indicate anything wrong with this brand new T-Rex assembly I installed < 30 days ago? If I remove it again, what should I check within the assembly itself?

Below are pics I was able to take of the screw that came out of the wood + the cracked/spread wood holes of the other one that is about to come out any day.

BTW yes you will see that the nuts have been taken completely off in that one pic. I know that's not advised but this was later aka after the one screw had broken off entirely. I had to remove the bracket in order to feebly attempt to get the broken screw back in which I am not able to due to the wood hole being cracked.
broken screw (resized).jpgbroken screw (resized).jpgscrew about to come out (resized).jpgscrew about to come out (resized).jpgscrew hole that is effed (resized).jpgscrew hole that is effed (resized).jpg

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It looks like a nylock nut on the end of a broken stud, hard to tell from just the one picture of it.
That looks like a machine screw, not a wood screw in which case that hole was drilled bigger than it in the first place.
Not sure how those are mounted, just a guess would be a stud similar to the one you have to take out for the shooter lane cliffy. Maybe a T-nut.
The quick and dirty would be to get a wood screw a hair shorter than that one, put some wood glue in and fill the hole with toothpicks.
Cut off the toothpicks when the glue dries and screw away. Or a shorter fatter screw.
I'd be wary of that screw working its way loose over time.
I would try to fix it the correct way, that stud should be replaceable.
It'll probably be some work but it is doable and probably worth it in the long run.
Stern may be able to help identify the correct part so you don't have to disassemble it all to find out before ordering a new one.

Thanks man. Of course I can't find that screw in the manual or I'm blind. I found the other end sticking out under the ramp. It did in fact break in half. Do you or anyone know what this type of screw is called? I'm not under warranty, otherwise I'd ask Stern support.

Also isn't there a guide that goes over how to physically calibrate the t-rex? I don't mean the one that speaks to the motor bracket height. I'm looking for instructions on adjusting the set screw that attaches the assembly's "transmission" or maybe its called the switch cam? Because now my t-rex is doing its crazy jitter thing not only when it goes all the way left, but as soon as it hits center on its way to the left. I feel like adjusting that might fix my issue or its transmission is just busted. PM me if you want to see a video. Thanks!

Sorry for the blurry images.
PXL_20211210_042543608 (resized).jpgPXL_20211210_042543608 (resized).jpgPXL_20211210_042726594 (resized).pngPXL_20211210_042726594 (resized).png

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's similar to a pop bumper screw https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-bracket-mounting-screws-fin-screws.html - the only thing would be whether it's the same thread size and screw length. Maybe the manual mentions the pop bumper screw part number and you can compare the thread size.
Can't offer any advice on T-Rex as I haven't had to disassemble mine (touch wood)

You are the MAN Manny65 !!! Just found it hiding in the 5.60 BACK PANEL ASSEMBLY page 63.

#14 237-5921-04 FIN SHANK SCREW - 7/8" LG.

It's labeled #14 but the pic only shows #15 for the nut itself.

I think its similar or maybe the same as this one at Marcos https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5921-04

2021-12-10_14-12-16 (resized).png2021-12-10_14-12-16 (resized).png2021-12-10_14-12-58 (resized).png2021-12-10_14-12-58 (resized).png

PXL_20211210_222153222 (resized).jpgPXL_20211210_222153222 (resized).jpg
#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:Also isn't there a guide that goes over how to physically calibrate the t-rex? I don't mean the one that speaks to the motor bracket height. I'm looking for instructions on adjusting the set screw that attaches the assembly's "transmission" or maybe its called the switch cam? Because now my t-rex is doing its crazy jitter thing not only when it goes all the way left, but as soon as it hits center on its way to the left. I feel like adjusting that might fix my issue or its transmission is just busted. PM me if you want to see a video. Thanks!

As a follow up to what started all of this t-rex jittering madness, I have been able to compare/contrast my old t-rex assembly cam shaft and all other parts within and make parity with my new assembly. My old assembly did not have the jittering problem, just the holding the ball magnet problem. After I matched everything up to the new from the old it does look like my cam shaft was slipping and not in alignment (I'm still looking for anyone that has a guide to this BTW). If so, please post it and mark it as a key post.

I reinstalled the new assembly yet again, after going through that and the jittering has gone away. BUT in the end I think all of my original jittering problems AND my jaw not closing all the way were due to that damn back plastic. You can put smaller spacers in but that doesn't necessarily solve the problem. With smaller spacers, there is more likelihood of the arm in the assembly to contact the "square cutout" of the back plastic. In other words, you can get jittering if the back of the t-rex's neck contacts the back plastic OR you can have the same issue if the mechanics of the assembly contact the inside of the square cutout. If the lower jaw pushes against it too then the jaw goes out of alignment and won't close all the way.

Without the plastic at all I was able to resolve the jittering AND jaw not closing all the way issue. Anything I tried with the back plastic on reintroduced one or both issues. Therefore I'm saying "eff" that back plastic. It's not "pretty" without it but that lets the t-rex have as much room as it needs. I am probably going to leave things as is since they are working again. But if I revisit putting the plastic back on I will probably end up cutting it so that it's square cutout is larger and cannot interfere. For now, I can live without the plastic because having this thing work is the most important. What a crapshow...

Added over 2 years ago:

Follow-up to adjusting the T-Rex switch cam/crank shaft. I still had some jittering at times even after just removing that back plastic altogether. This is how I readjusted and the issue has disappeared completely now:

1. With the T-Rex assembly in hand, loosen the set screw attached to the transmission (using a small allen wrench.
2. Holding the assembly with the head down and transmission facing up. Center the head. Note that in this position the crank should not be triggering/pushing the switch.
3. Apply a tiny amount of loctite and tighten the set screw.
4. Re-install the assembly, and reset home by running the horiz and vert tests. In horiz test, test the thrashing function.
5. Check for proper operation in gameplay, specifically during T-Rex MB when she thrashes.

1 week later
#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

You need either the Stern topper or Insider Connect to get goat mode.

I'm guessing that since the 1.05 release notes clearly state:

- Goat Mania - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC
- added "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" only when a topper is not connected, default to YES

Then that truly means you either have to have the topper or be connected to IC. Has anyone triple confirmed this though? I don't have IC nor do I plan to get it. Just seems like a bummer to lift the restriction of buying their topper but then lock it down to only IC owners. I'm not even sure how to get into that mode to see if I can on 1.05 w/out IC.

#8420 2 years ago

PSA: I had a frightening issue with my game / T-Rex head yesterday that I wanted to share in case others run into this. I'll mark it as a key post.

ISSUE: Upon triggering T-Rex MB, I noticed that shots such as rescues, paddock completion, paddock start, and T-Rex MB jackpots were firing, shots I wasn't even hitting. It was so bad that I could just hold the ball in the flipper and watch as the game triggered shot after shot (specifically switch after switch). It was mind boggling. I immediately thought, great one of my node boards is probably going haywire. Thankfully that wasn't the case, keep reading...

TROUBLESHOOTING: I first power cycled the game to see if any tech alerts popped. None. I then went to the node board test and ran it against each one. No errors. I then started to think ok what recently changed in my game? Oh that's right, I had to readjust my t-rex assembly the other day. So I started there. I checked all molex connections from the assembly to all of the boards and everywhere in between. Everything seemed solid. I then realized, wait a min I think the T-rex mouth opto LED wasn't lit when this was happening. So I then went into switch test to test all the switches and optos related to the T-rex and ramp.

BAM, found the cause! As I moved the T-Rex jaw up and down, the switch test showed that each time TONS of switches were being triggered aka all of the ones / shot switches I mentioned above.

CAUSE: During that last step I felt detached wires coming from the underside of the jaw = the two leads that connect to the jaw's opto board had broken off of it. Now, why that wouldn't just disable that little board vs. doing that crazy switch trigger behavior instead is beyond me.

RESOLUTION: Re-soldered the two leads back to the jaw's opto board. When doing so I realized there was a lot of stress on them because my t-rex head mold was holding much of that connector's wire lead. So basically as the t-rex moved around, as the jaw opened and closed, etc., those solder joints were getting yanked over and over again. I think this was user error on my part when I was messing with the assembly days prior. So I cleared the lead and made sure when re-attaching the head mold, that connection/wire would not be yanked.

I hope no one else ever runs into this but if they do, they find this post!

2 weeks later
#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from Freebird:Seems that when the magnet releases during the chomp that his mouth is open and so the ball falls out rather than being chomped. Anyone else see this?

I had what sounds like a similar issue. It seems like the whole holding the ball relies on the jaw being closed at certain times and/or the magnet being activated at other times. I ended up just replacing my entire assembly but my guess is that if I had spent more time looking into the magnet/coil itself that I would have found that the magnet coil needed to be replaced. Seemed like too much to do at the time. My newer assembly doesn't do this.

Quoted from Freebird:

I believe I figured out the first issue - my t-rex jaw is binding when it opens and it sticks open. Hopefully an easy fix.

I've had this too -- the jaw not closing as expected. Mine ended up being a physical issue: Have you checked by hand to see if the jaw opens and closes freely? What about in vertical test where you can have the test mode open and close the jaw? Check the wire that leads to the two leads to the jaw's opto board. Is it taught? You may need to loosen it up/pull it out slightly from the mold to "give it some give." If the wire is caught up, the jaw will struggle to open/close especially if the head is in the highest vertical position. You may have to take the assembly off entirely to look. See if all is well with the jaw's pivot pin and two e-clips. The jaw should should move freely down and snap back up on its own. If you still don't see the issue, remove the head and jaw molds entirely, re-install the assembly as just metal and see if all is well in testing.

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from Freebird:

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yeah, the coil drives it open, and must be a spring that drives it closed. The jaw opens fine, but it sticks open. When opening it by hand, you can feel it binding at the point where it is full open, before that it is fine, and it has a kind of rubber-on-rubber noise. I believe the jaw rubber is binding on the upper rubber. I can't really tell where yet, wish I didn't have to but I guess I'll have to remove the assembly and have a closer look.

The rubber on rubber is also a likely culprit. Yes I think you've reached a point where you need to carefully remove the assembly and inspect it. Please let us know what you figure out. Could be another worthy key post solution for this issue. Godspeed!

1 week later
#8512 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Directly above where the lower jaw hinges to the upper. In coil test if the jaw is stuck open and you use your fingers to spread the rubber body it will snap shut. I just needed minimal spacers to give the lower hinge clearance.

I've suspected that a lot of my jaw issues have been due to the "rubbing" of the mold as well. Can you please show pics or if you don't want to dismantle the assembly again, then like Manny65 said, download and mark-up that diagram to show where you put spacers in between what part and what spacers you used (model number)? That would really help the community!

2 years later
#9208 17 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
If you want to see the new Augusta A109 helicopter Mod in interaction with the game you can see here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only#post-8105862
Enjoy!

pinopinballmods Can you please keep posts about updates to your mod within the ^^^ thread you created? It's fine to post an initial link to your mod thread and therefore have people here be aware of your mod. However, posting updates about your mod in this thread doesn't seem appropriate. Many people leverage this JP owner's thread for help and updates about JP itself, so posting your mod updates/photos/etc. convolutes things and doesn't help people find what they are looking for in this owner's thread.

#9210 14 days ago
Quoted from CincyPinballer:

I honestly think the shake motor really screws things up in this game.

I 100% agree about disabling the shaker motor. When I first got my JP LE (back in 2019) and needed a tech to come over for help with random screws falling out and such, the first thing he advised was to disable that shaker motor since it will eventually cause even more physical issues later on. So I've had mine disabled ever since. It's a cool feature but not cool enough for me personally to jeopardize the physical workings of the machine. There is a setting for "minimal use" which is probably the best advice for anyone who really loves the shaker but I do feel like it causes things to come loose over time regardless. Maybe newer JP builds have been better with less risk of things getting shaken loose. I'm just speaking my 2 cents to my experience with my original JP LE built in 2019.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.