(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinespark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3636 4 years ago

My Premium is being delivered tomorrow and I'm giddy, my first pin ever. Got a quick question for any and all of those who have updated to .96, the stern code page seems to have the same file for download under the hyperlink for premium AND the LE .96. They both show up as jurassic_park_le-0_96_0.spk.zip.

Is this OK for install on a premium? Am I crazy? It's the same in the game specific code download page for JP and also in the support -> code page.

Many thanks!

#3638 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Premium and LE share the same code, as the playfield and play features are physically identical

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.

#3662 4 years ago

Hey guys,

So I'm ADORING!!! this game (got a premium) but as a first time pin owner I'm wondering if there are a few things I'm missing vis a vis proper setup. I know this is a difficult pin but my top score thus far is 550 mil and I can't seem to get anything going for the vast majority of my games. Haven't come close to any of the mini wizard modes even if I'm focusing on a single one because:

- Tons of outlane drains, often a surprise
- Brick many shots from the left flipper (A, O and S shots all difficult, C to a degree as well) I am much more able to make the loop and the tower shot from the upper flipper than make anything reliably from the lower flippers except for the middle spinner and the T-Rex ramp.
- Very hard to gain control of the ball and even post passes are tough

Now, I know, GIT GUD, but there's more to that I think, I'm 95 percent certain I just haven't dialed everything in properly? For example even though I have the pitch set to 6.5 degrees currently (steeper than the shooter lane level bubble setting) things feel a little sleepy around the flippers, dead bounces go all over the place. First thing I did was wipe the playfield and apply blitz, everything is lightning fast when the ball is in motion but I'm wondering if I should crank the back legs to get 7 degrees?

Also I'm running 0.96 (reset some of the default flipper power levels if I read the readme correctly) but I haven't messed around much with flipper strength which I plan on doing tomorrow. Again, the biggest issue for me is shots from the left flipper (C shot from the right is difficult but often manageable) so I will do some tests tomorrow but I'm curious as to how others have their power settings and if they've noticed a difference?

Perhaps with a steeper pitch and maybe some lowered power settings I'd be in business?

FYI my playfield looks to have no issues and my T-Rex grabs all direct shots and even some questionable ones. Very glad too that rejects seem to get credit to start a mode even if the Rex doesn't pick up the ball. My only concern right now is that my helicopter spinner seems to ever so slightly make contact with the wireform and I'm afraid to try and bend it too much because it exerts pressure on the slings. I've just applied a little pressure with my fingers and it seems to clear it for a few games before "tictictictic"

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Drop your outlanes to the lowest (closest to the flippers) hole. And if you want to close them off even more, switch them to star posts.
Try a 5 ball game too to get some experience moving through the paddocks.[quoted image]

Hadn't thought of fiddling with the outlanes. I'll give it a try. Thanks for that!

And yes, Neil, I will try and play better. GIT GUD as I said, but I do think I need to fuss a bit more simply because there are aspects to the feel of the table as it currently stands that are making life more difficult for me. A steeper angle I think will actually benefit me, looking at footage online it appears as though streamers have the ball coming back at them at a greater speed than on my machine, I know that's more challenging but it seems to be that it will make for easier control of the ball. The number of centre drains I've had because I'm desperately trying to control bounce is pretty high.

#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seems like you’re on the right track. Definitely try adjusting flipper power also. Dialing it in is fun and takes fiddling with pitch and flipper power to find a setup you like. A slight difference in pitch can require a change to flipper power. The S shot shouldn’t be too difficult off the end of the flipper from a cradled ball. My experience overall has been that lowering flipper power helps.
For the helicopter spinner there was posting somewhat recently showing a good explanation of how to adjust it.

Thanks! I'm happy to fiddle!

I'll have a look for that helicopter fix upthread, appreciate your drawing my attention to it. I must have missed it on a previous pass.

4 weeks later
#4240 4 years ago

Super newbie post again folks, sorry... I've got a set of the Titan bands and I'm ready to put them on but for the slings it appears as though there will need to be at the very least the removal of the wireforms from the raptor tower and the helipad to their respective inlanes to get access. Looks like removal might be easy because they hook around a bolt as opposed to being straight bolted into something but, and I can't stress this enough, I don't know what I'm doing.

Any tips? I'm only marginally afraid at the moment. I've managed to install a new shooter rod and the headphone adapter without f**king anything up so I guess thus far I'm 2/2, albeit with brain dead easy mods.

Thanks as always!

#4245 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

It's as simple as it looks. Easy and you'll be done in no time. Just remove the hex bolts that connect the end of the ramp to the sling plastic, then the screws on the sling plastic, remove the plastic, change the rubbers (make sure to pay attention to how the rubber sits in front of the leaf switches that make the slings activate) ...and when you put everything back together, make sure that before you fasten the hex bolts back tightly, that the ends of the wireforms are nicely aligned with the inlanes. Done.

Thank you, sir! Really appreciated.

#4322 4 years ago

This little guy slid down my playfield just a minute ago (probably rolled) and went into the trough. Stopped the game and fished it out. Any ideas where this goes? I'm guessing about 1/4 inch diameter, maybe 1/6 inch tall, 1/8 inch thick. It's hard plastic, not rubber. Doesn't appear to have any ball impacts on it...

I've looked all over and I can't seem to find any logical spot for it.

Thanks as always!

IMG_4282 (resized).jpgIMG_4282 (resized).jpg
#4329 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's a spacer for the plastic Trex ramp guard, your probably missing the screw there also... There's one on each side of the top of the posts under the clear plastic[quoted image]

You're absolutely right on both counts, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Now to find that screw...

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not a big "topper" guy, but glad I picked up this TiltTopper...looks even better in person. Also impressed with the price ($245), when compared with Stern developed toppers.
[quoted image]

May I ask how long it took for you to get it? I've ordered mine about 7 weeks ago and I've made repeated attempts contacting the gentleman at tilttopper to get an update.

3 weeks later
#4536 4 years ago

Good Grief, what a wizard mode. I can't say with any certainty that I'd make it there in-game, closest I've gotten is Visitor's centre + control room + 1 T-rex mode to go (zero letters.) Very happy to have the Escape "challenge" option.

I also can't imagine Escaping Nublar in the game in a thousand that might get me there. So far my success rate is about 10 percent. When I did it, I nailed the helipad shot and got the full hurry-up value. That was an AMAZING feeling.

It's certainly fun, which is nice, but it's more stressful and adrenaline-pumping which I think is actually a very good thing. The alignment with the "story" of the table and the fact that ultimately it's based to a degree on how you did getting there, truly remarkable. The only one which comes even remotely close in that regard to me is the Princess Rescue in TOTAN and that's a relatively easy thing to achieve and beat.

Beautifully coded, thoughtfully designed, and impeccably executed, in my opinion. "After careful consideration I have decided to ABSOLUTELY endorse this wizard mode."

Keith, you're amazing. As a first time pin owner, I can't imagine a better experience.

IMG_4377 (resized).jpgIMG_4377 (resized).jpg
#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

What an amazing post .
Well done on the mode .

Thank you! I look forward to attempts to get there for real... In the meantime, trying to increase score and decrease time on the "challenge" mode will be a fun addition to an already wonderful table.

I am looking forward to seeing whatever is in store for "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth."

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I still need to try this. It may work, but regardless, my auto plunger gets progressively weaker throughout the game. Seems as if it's a problem on many Sterns.
I will also try reflowing solder to the joints. (Read in an older topic that the solder joint may not be conducting as well when it heats up.)
I will also perhaps try adding a cabinet bumper or something below the link just below the playfield that effectively places more of the plunger in the coil. (Also read this somewhere else.)
Anyone else experiencing weaker auto plunges the longer you play? Any other thoughts?

I find the "lift the left fork a bit" solution to have worked except for immediate autoplunges after a trough eject (ie: certain fast ball saves) and that could be that the autoplunger is working so quickly that the ball hasn't yet had time to go all the way to the back of the shooter lane and thus doesn't get the full power from the autolaunch. I wish there was a setting to force a half second delay on autolaunches because it would get me to 100 percent success.

Action button autolaunches and manual plunger launches from a ball which is at the base of the shooter lane are all successful. I am wondering about autolaunch power though... does seem weaker than when I got the machine.

#4570 4 years ago

Hi guys,

So Teddy my T-Rex's jaw fell off and I can only find the two screws. I've gone through earlier posts and it seems as though this has happened to a few people. I can't find the third screw. As per the picture, the two screws here I think both come from the two side holes near the back of the jaw. One was still in the jaw (side) when I pulled it off the playfield and the opposite side and the front middle hole were empty. I found a screw in the cabinet that is identical to the one which remained in the jaw so I'm presuming I am missing the screw for the middle front hole.

Someone mentioned that particular screw may be a little shorter than the others? I can do another pass in my cabinet but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody have the specific size of that particular screw so I can just replace it? Or for the meantime, can I get away with just the two screws in the sides?

I'm already dreading putting this bad boy back on, I'm new to the hobby and have done some small mods (shooter rod, headphone jack) but this repair freaks me out a bit. Already hyperventilating. I can use the photo guide posted earlier (thanks for that) but if there are any other pointers in reassembling the jaw I'd be delighted to hear them.

Might also just contact my dealer and see if they will handle it under warranty and then just have them come in to fix Teddy and watch very carefully and ask questions.

I've also for the moment disabled everything related to the Rex so the game is still playable in the interim.

Thanks as always, folks!

IMG_4381 (resized).jpgIMG_4381 (resized).jpg
#4589 4 years ago

So I was able to put Teddy's jaw back on, thanks for the cheerleading everyone. Was a bit of a pain because there is seemingly no great position for the playfield to be for me to get at those damn screws at the back and my socket driver had a hard time getting in there, but it's all done and I managed to not set anything on fire.

Might need to do some T-Rex bias adjustments but I'll get to that tomorrow. Tonight is for trying out the new 1.00!

Thanks again for everyone's continued help, you're a wonderful community for helping out this complete idiot with zero mechanical inclination or understanding. (Wrong hobby I guess, but you can't pick what you love!)

#4636 4 years ago

Another newbie question: I've noticed my inlane GI flickers quite a bit (seems to alternate bulbs whenever I flip) and likewise my coin box GI doesn't always seem to be fully illuminated, but I can fix it by pushing the "reject" button.

I've seen this issue with a couple of other machines from youtube streams. I doubt there is a dead bulb, it seems more like a power issue perhaps?

I have installed a pinball life headphone jack, I'm wondering if that is perhaps the culpit?

Thanks as always!

1 month later
#4976 4 years ago

Hi folks,

So I managed to reattach my Trex's jaw when it fell off but ever since the head has been on the low side of things.

I am trying to adjust as per one of the pinned posts but I find it very hard to get in behind there. When I slide the playfield out towards the front of the pin as far as the resting rails underneath will allow, there's still not a terrific amount of room to maneuver behind the Trex head.

Am I missing something? Pretty new at this. The only other position I can think of is to see if I can go further, and rest the rails on a table of appropriate height right in front of the pin?

Thanks for rescuing an idiot!

Evan

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Not sure if you mean the entire T-Rex head is dropping too low onto the ramp area?
Adjusting that position (including L or R) is done this way - using menu and coin door buttons (not mechanical)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

Hi,

I have the horizontal bias correctly adjusted, but the head goes too low. So I will need to mechanically adjust the motor. I just find it hard to get in there.

Thanks!

Evan

1 year later
#7965 2 years ago

Just wanted to do a tiny brag that I made it to Escape Nublar today for the first time. I tanked it hard, didn't even make it through two paddocks but I get to say that I began it from the left flipper. I wasn't trying for progression or even score, I just wanted to go through the T-Rex modes as I hadn't seen Museum Mayhem for a while. 2.2 billion with 56 million from Nublar (told you it was terrible) It was a very long game and my fingers hurt now, that's never happened before. Holy sh*t the stress when I bricked the left ramp to start Nublar and it looked like a center drain.

This game continues to be an absolute classic, I don't see it ever leaving my collection. I think nailing the smart missile shot is the most satisfying shot in pinball.

#7967 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Funny you should just post this. I too just started escape nublar for the first time after owning premium since the start of August. Didn't do that well and tanked trying to hit the 2nd trap target on the 3rd paddock. All 3 jeeps to try and hit it and failed.
Has anyone finished or nearly finished this mode? If so how long can it take as I'm guessIng 20 minutes or more the way I was playing.
Oh Btw I only scored 1.6bil so must not have scored well in some modes

I have tinkered with the "Escape Nublar Challenge" and have a completion rate of about 33 percent but I can tell you that hitting start and playing through Nublar, and attempting to complete it in-game, are completely different scenarios.

And congratulations, it took me MUCH longer than a few weeks to get there!

1 week later
#8026 2 years ago

Quick question, I hit the visitor's centre while I had double scoring on, and it ended up being my GC scoring game ultimately. Anyone know if 2x scoring applies to the VC countup? That would be pretty ridiculous.

3 weeks later
#8125 2 years ago

So I go through shooter rod rubber tips like crazy, I can't seem to find a burr or sharp edge on my shooter rod but after a few dozen plays I start to get a hole in the shooter tip rubber and I have to change it.

Might I be using something too large? Does this pin use a smaller than average shooter rod or something?

I mean I have no problem replacing rubbers but it strikes me as a little weird.

Thanks!

#8127 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Have you gone through the standard stern one or just nice coloured replacements? If your stern one is lying around and in good shape, put it back in and see how long it lasts.
I replaced post sleeves for nice coloured ones and they lasted only days before I could see extensive wear. Put the sterns back and no issue

That could be it, but I definitely have gone through my stock stern tip. Any ideas where I could pick up some sturdier tips?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinespark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=shinespark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.