(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5442 3 years ago

I've been out of the loop for a while. Did they fix the clear coat issues? If I bought a JP now could I trust that it won't have pf issues?

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Buy at your own risk. Some do, some don’t... no guarantee unfortunately.

Wow. After all this time it's still an issue? Bummer. My wife basically pre-approved me to buy one but I can't risk it if it's still a problem.

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

With Stern or pretty much any pinball company lately, it really is a lottery on what you will get for a playfield.
A few options.
1.) Gamble and order NIB. I have, and been lucky.
2.) Set expectations with your distributor over phone AND email. They can go to bat for you if there is an issue, but ultimately it is Stern's decision.
I have found Stern great to work with if you are patient, polite, and if necessary respectfully persistent.
3.) Buy HUO or a Dealer Demo that you can see or get pictures of. This often saves you a few bucks as well.

I'd prefer to buy HUO used but the game is too new/popular right now for that it seems.

1 week later
#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Congrats! I joined the club last week. Birth date was June 3. I promised myself I’d wait 1-2 months before reviewing JP but right now, my feeling is that this is May be the best and most complete pin I’ve ever played.
It will be a long term keeper for me so I have already been buying mods. I may not quite be done as I still need to add art blades and possibly the a Mezel raptor tower. Must haves I’ve already installed included the Mezel raptor pen and Mezel events sign covers.
As for the topper, unless you must have the goat mode it comes with (this game is so deep, I don’t see the value), do yourself a favor and get the Tilt Topper. Mine just arrived yesterday. I haven’t seen the Stern one in person but Tilt’s topper is way cool and at less than half of the price of Stern’s, a much better value and topper IMHO.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How's the clear coat looking on these new machines?

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Did I wear these yesterday? [quoted image]
Absolutely!
Why? Two reasons:
1. I'm a loser
2. Because...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm in the MF-ing club!!

Pasadena? Nice. There's going to be one living in Glendale next week.

1 week later
#5628 3 years ago

Did Stern stop including extra plastics in the goodie bag? Mine only had a key fob I think.

#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've been in contact with Stern ever since I got my "not really a mosquito" rod. They have promised to replace it and have acknowledged that later runs of it were terrible. But even after recent followups they have not confirmed any new, improved production happening anytime soon. I would not suggest buying one at this time unless the seller can send you a pic of what you'll actually receive. It seems it was only the first run that actually looked the way they should. I hope that many people including you contact Stern directly to ask. Unfortunately, getting accurate new runs of that rod is apparently not a priority for them at this time.

Can you post pictures of what yours looked like?

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You are definitely very talented. I like the speaker panel and legs a lot.. Personally I dislike the caution tape look. It's a Road Show thing not JP (in my opinion of course). In fact I challenge anyone to find a scene with caution tape in the original movie lol...

There's a ton of stuff in this game that's not in the movie. I think it looks good.

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hey, all! Wanted to put out a couple pieces of info for my NIB JP Premium, made June 5, 2020, which arrived at my distributor on July 7th, 2020:
1. No pooling or chipping on the playfield (or defects otherwise) that I have seen
2. I don't personally care, because it's bound to happen and it doesn't affect gameplay, but I've seen others here who were curious, so: my playfield started seeing dimpling from the ball basically immediately
3. My game shipped with the incorrect, green spring on the plunger (it is supposed to be the higher-tension orange spring). I have reached out to my distributor, who has been in touch with Stern, who confirmed the incorrect spring, and is sending out a replacement
4. My game shipped with the red/orange rubbers on the flippers
5. Interestingly enough, despite the 1.01 code dropping in April and my game having been made in June, my game shipped with 1.00 code
Loving the game, fickle and brutal as she may be

Hmmm. My game was also June 5 and has a silver spring. What's the deal with springs?

How are the inserts on your game?

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Haven't noticed any issues, and have no complaints!
As far as the spring question: The spring on the inside portion of your plunger, the tension spring, should be orange colored. Are you referring to the silver spring on the outside of the cabinet? That is always silver, but you'll want to check the spring on the plunger beneath the playfield to see if it is the correct color. If it's not orange, contact your distributor to get you the proper tension spring!

Turns out mine is green as well. I sent an email to Stern. Hopefully they'll just send it but if not I'll talk to my distributor.

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Here is the orange spring on Marco's site. $1.49. I purchased it when I purchased some extra coil stops to keep around.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5001-07

Stern got right back to me and said they will send it. I guess little things like this are an easy fix for them. They're probably glad whenever someone's not asking for a new playfield.

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Adjusted my upper right wireform today to feed the upper flipper more smoothly. What a different game this is now! Kind of a pain to adjust but now that the wireform exits much closer to the side rail it feeds it so smooth! No more bouncing or side to side deflections.

How high is the wire form drop supposed to be?

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I finally did it. Made it to the Visitor Center, accidentally took the hard route but still captured the Trex. Highest game I've had yet! Almost broke 1.5 billion ...Man it only took over 3000 games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got enough mods on that game?

Congrats though. I've only ever gotten to 4 paddocks so far. They should add some kind of option to unlock a helicopter ride up to another paddock. Maybe make it possible to skip a few. You lose the points from the paddocks but get further in the game. This game is a little too linear in my opinion, as much as I love it.

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi guys! Im having a problem where my balls keep gets stuck right here. it looks like the post isn't all the way flash and the balls keeps getting caught on it. Anyone else having this problem? or can provide any tips before I take the glass off to get a better look. Thanks
[quoted image]

Is your incline steep enough?

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

A while ago I thought I read that someone was working on a T-Rex head mod for the PREM/LE i.e. a replacement mold. Anyone know if that's still a thing?

Yeah. Here it is.

IMG_9085 (resized).jpgIMG_9085 (resized).jpg
#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

jp le shaker motor died on me single blue wire snapped on me. any ideas how to fix?

What's it look like? Sounds like a soldering job.

2 months later
#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine has done the same thing from day 1 (Sept. 2019) and I haven't had any issue with it damaging anything.

Mine also hits the post but I don't think it's hurting it. I haven't looked closely though.

5 months later
#6764 3 years ago

I hadn't played mine much in recent months but I've had some fun with it lately. Got the amber skooter knob, which really looks great. I wish the game was a little easier though. I've never made it past like the fourth paddock.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I received my Stern lighted shooter rod last week and am qoeking on installing this morning. The instructions Stern sent me I don't think are for this shooter rod, though.
The instructions I received says don't remove the two hex wood screws at the bottom of the plunger mounting plate inside the cabinet. However, the JP rod comes with its own plate and it won't fit with the attached cord through the standard plunger hole.
It looks like I need to remove the wood screws as well and attach the new JP plate to make this work but want to confirm with those that have already done this that maybe received good instructions from Stern first.... also, where does it attach into the board to light up once everything is installed?[quoted image]

I just installed mine the other day and I also got generic instructions that were wrong. You do need to remove those screws.

I forget the exact location where it plugs in but there's another thread on here you can Google to see where it is. It's on the bottom of that pcb on the left cabinet wall.

#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks guys! Do those wood screws screw back in tightly after being removed? I started unscrewing one and stopped as there was a lot of wood dust coming off. Because of the included instructions saying dontvremove those hex screws, I got nervous and posted here wanting to make sure.
I wish Stern would include the proper instructions with these things. Last time it was my shaker that included the wrong instructions.

I didn't have any problem putting the screws back in. I don't remember any wood dust though.

It's amazing how bad Stern documentation is. I work in documentation and I always think about how this stuff wouldn't fly at my job.

#6780 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

One tip which may help some folks out when they try to install the amber shooter rod...
*BEFORE* you take the shooter plate off your machine, use Painters blue tape on the OUTSIDE of the cabinet very carefully marking the exact place that the shooter plate was installed at the factory. Line the edges of the blue tape up with the edges of where the plate meets the cabinet. Make sure the tape is sticking to the cabinet ONLY, and that you do all four sides. (Be kinda precise with the tape because if the blue tape is touching the metal at all, it will probably get stuck under the new plate during re-assembly). THEN install the amber shooter plate by removing the whole back plate, and for re-assembly, match the new shooter plate to the edges of where the blue tape is outlining the location.

That's a good idea. When I installed mine it was wobbly until I tightened it up, but I had to eyeball it as far as making it level.

Is the fake mosquito supposed to be in the very center of the amber egg? Mine looks OK but it's definitely more to the side. From some angles it looks better than others.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the shooter rod tips everyone. I got it installed today. My only concern is that I may have stripped the wood hex screw areaa bit as they didn't really tighten up fully when I tried screwing them back in. It seems secure enough, though, as the other three screws tightened up well and seemed to secure the plate.
I'm assuming it is normal for the rod to flash off and on with the game, right? I thought it would be illuminated all the time. It is when not playing but goes off and on during game play.

I think it lights up during the game when you hit amber targets.

#6803 3 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I ordered my Premium December 29 with an estimated delivery in March later narrowed down to the fourth week of March which came and went with no delivery. I was told Stern was waiting on parts, but a few will soon ship. I took delivery April 13.
I'm enjoying the game and only found one minor issue and another possible issue. The Start button didn't work. It didn't even light up. I played for hours using the action button to start games before I figured out that the inside of the start button, the actual button part, was dangling inside the machine. I connected it back together and that fixed that.
My potential issue is T-Rex. He functions perfectly and while moving vertically he has the typical small motor sound, but he seems awfully noisy when moving horizontally. Like he's straining with gears grinding. I sent a video to Stern support to get their opinion. I hope it's not normal because it's loud and sounds like it's on a path to failure - after warranty of course. I have the games volume loud to cover up the noise. I'm moving it using a flipper button while in diagnostics.

My only quibble is that white flasher lamp on the left which is blinding. It's worse than my F-14 Tomcat. There's an option in the adjust menu to reduce the brightness, but it's not enough. I finally took that clear dome off and temporarily popped a red insert I had lying around in it's place. I'll either be replacing the dome or the led board with blue depending what I can find.
The game is fun and makes my old "Fast and Furious" F-14 Tomcat seem geriatric, but that's another topic.
I installed the over priced Jurassic Park topper with a slight modification. Here is a pic. Don't be cruel.[quoted image]

I dunno. My Trex motor is pretty loud but I don't think it's that bad. I've never gotten that close to it though. That sort of grinding sound is concerning.

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I heard back from Stern and was told all that noise T-Rex is making is normal. There was an attached note from the engineering department that was both helpful and not.
Notes from engineering:
“The switch homing sequence runs at sub-50% speed to get better switch accuracy. As a result, you can hear the motor step pulses more easily, hence the “GRINDING noise. It should only do this when entering the test menus, after the interlock is pulled, or after it goes into 'sleep mode' during attract where it disables stepper power to keep the heat down.”
They explain very well as to why it makes the noise, but then go on to say when it will make the noise. I keep re reading "It should only do this when...". The circumstances mentioned don't seem to be applicable when playing a game. Ah well, I'm going to live with it for now. If it's going to fail I'm sure it will fail before six months go by since I'm in the game room every day. Despite the noise, T-Rex does work correctly. He homes fine, catches the ball, drops it on the ramp or throws it. He's just noisy about it.
Apparently, you guys have faulty T-Rex's if they aren't grinding and growling like mine.

I guess it's ok then? I mean I doubt Stern would say "no that's not normal we'll send you a new one." unless it was flat out not working instead of making concerning noises. Keep an eye on it.

3 weeks later
#6956 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the thin clearcoat on my LE (2020). I can see the wood grain. However no dimpling or wear with over 2000 plays.

I bet if you look closely you will see dimples. Mine has very thin clear but the dimples are pretty small. It's definitely an improvement over my GB which had really, really bad dimpling.

#6965 2 years ago

Any word on Toppers shipping?

#6966 2 years ago

Does the audio lag for anyone else in this game? Like callouts get behind what's going on at the moment?

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not that I've noticed - are they specific callouts or all of them? Are you running the stock code or the custom audio/video version?

I'm on stock code. Sometimes when a lot is going on the callouts seem to get behind. Like if the Trex gets into position, it might say "shoot the Trex" find seconds later. It seems like it queues callouts sometimes if there's multiple things to say at once.

#6985 2 years ago

Notice the LED lighted flipper buttons from PBL? They are a perfect match in color to the LED amber shooter if you have Margaret send the translucent Yellow buttons with her BrightButtons LED kit. They are an easy install and plug into the Ticket connector on the node board.

Do you have a picture?

#7012 2 years ago

Nitro's website now says ETA June for Toppers. I wish they'd update their customers instead of just quietly pushing the date back.

#7016 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're still expecting a shipment this month from Stern. We've changed the eta to June on our website so that anyone that orders going forward would be aware of the next production.

Ah. I didn't know it was an ongoing production. Thanks for the update.

1 week later
#7084 2 years ago

Any news on toppers shipping? May is coming to a close...

1 week later
#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Amazing... offer items for free...just pay shipping... and they complain about shipping... just wow...

Is it expensive? I was gonna ask about this but I keep getting distracted. I appreciate the offer.

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from NorthJa:

Quick question this is my first pinball machine but the legs are not close the the cabinet is that normal? There is about a 1/2 gap from the cabinet to the leg on the side and about a 1/3 of an inch in the front.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There should be a gap but it should probably be even. I would take the legs off and reattach them.

1 week later
#7306 2 years ago

Got to King of the Island for the first time since getting the game nearly a year ago. Still never gotten to Visitor's Center.

#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This game is hard. I k ow for a fact that I will never see the mini wizards much less the final mode. Could this game be the deepest code of any game?

Deepest? Not even close. But it's a good game.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I fucking suck at this game.

It's a hard game. A little too hard in my opinion... And I love Ghostbusters.

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I stand corrected. Mine was brutal, and it was everything I could do not to strip the screws and to get them fully seated.

Mine was also difficult to install.

#7387 2 years ago

It looks good but I still think the stock version looks pretty good and the mod is not worth the money it costs in my opinion. It's so expensive for what it is.

#7402 2 years ago

This game is hard

1 week later
#7573 2 years ago

WizardBlades installed in my JP Premium. Notice the colors of the blades perfectly match the backboard of the playfield...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So you have a premium but got pro blades to match the backboard? Interesting. I was thinking about ordering the premium blades but now I don't know.

#7575 2 years ago

I found the WizardBlades matched the backboard better than Stern's blades. Wizard doesn't really market these as "Pro" or "Premium", they market them based on the color palette, default is the blue, and they also offer their 'sunset' version. You can decide if it matches your pro or premium as you see fit. It now looks more like a continuous theme that wraps around the player's view of the playfield.

I guess I assumed the sunset blades were the premium style because they show them on that model. I could swear some of the JP mods had the model names in the title. I might get the blue then.

Is a shaker worthwhile on this game? I had a topper on order but it kept getting delayed and I started to think it's not worth $600, so I'm thinking about other mods that are a better value...

#7580 2 years ago

How hard is it to install the art blades.

#7593 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered a shaker and blue blades.

#7622 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s definitely a “shooters game”. Shots are plentiful but tight. The game can feel like a brick fest or the smoothest game ever depending on how you’re playing. Wouldn’t shock me if casuals or new players don’t care for it. I’m not that good at it yet, but I’m really enjoying it. Furthest I’ve gotten is the T-Rex paddock….but I’ve hit the quadruple skill shot a few times and man that feels good.

Interesting take considering your legendary hate of Ghostbusters, but the same could be said of that game.

#7637 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why a thumbs down for that. Really? I mean it is Rarehero but come on.

I'm just teasing him because he blocked me over nothing. I'm pretty sure he has half of pinside on ignore so reading these threads must be an interesting experience for him.

#7647 2 years ago

I'm sure this has been convered but I'm not sure where and Stern's documentation is, uh, terrible.

For the shaker motor, is the capacitor necessary for spike 2? I think I've read that it's not but the instructions refer to other instructions that don't seem to have the information.

I think I've also read that the ferrites are unnecessary, but I can't remember. Are they?

#7649 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

If you have the latest revision Shaker from Stern or PBL - no capacitor, no ferrite cores required - plug into the connector on the board and you’re good to go.

Thanks. I ended up installing the ferrites anyways. Why not...

What's the best setting for using the shaker with this game? Does more intense use have any negative inpact on the game?

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from R_O_S_S:

Quick question for some Jurassic Park Premium/LE owners out there. About to get my machine and I want to my sure I have the best balls. After some research I found the "SILVERJET™ PREMIUM PINBALL". Link: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ5
Will these work fine in the Jurassic Park Premium? This is my first pinball so I don't know much about the issue when it comes to magnetizing balls (I know JP Premium has a few magenets). Just want to make sure I have pinballs that will not cause any issues. Thanks in advance for your help.

I use ball baron ninjas and even though they have the magnatization warning, I've never had a problem.

#7686 2 years ago

I was one shot away from visitors center tonight

#7721 2 years ago

Did anyone use spacers when installing the Jada jeep? If so, what size/type?

#7723 2 years ago

OK. In that post he says "You want the metal plate to be parallel to the bottom of the Jeep instead of slanting towards the front. Ideally you would use spacers on the front (I didn't have any, but will probably retrofit them later)."

But it's not necessary?

#7736 2 years ago

Thanks. I haven't installed it yet. Does that metal plate underneath make it look awkward with the Jada jeep? Did you end up painting it?

#7751 2 years ago

I just installed a knocker. Maybe I've just heard too many digital knockers but it doesn't quite sound the way I expected. Can you guys weigh in on whether this sounds right? I'm wondering if I misaligned it or something.

#7756 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put the knocker in all my Sterns including JP and they sound awesome and LOUD. You mounted it to hit the back of the cabinet using the template in the instructions? You turned off the software knocker (knocker volume to off) in the settings menu?

Yeah. I had the template next to it and tried to line it up as well as I could. I took the playfield out and even so found it difficult to screw in down there. I can't open up the game right now to take an overhead picture but I'm probably just too used to hearing fake versions. It's probably fine. I'm not sure what I was expecting.

20210719_195945 (resized).jpg20210719_195945 (resized).jpg
#7761 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

We need a top view also to see the gap.

The sound is definitely more muted in the video compared to in person. How's it look?

20210720_111153 (resized).jpg20210720_111153 (resized).jpg
#7763 2 years ago

It looks properly installed, but what is the distance between the top plate and the tip of the plunger at rest?

I'm not really sure. Roughly the gap shown on the template, or "about an inch" as stated in the instructions. I think I'm just really used to hearing the knocker on an old Williams machine and then synthetic knockers. This Stern version seems to work but doesn't have quite the same sound, which is OK i guess. Just not quite what I expected.

#7767 2 years ago

Alright. I opened it up again and moved everything over a bit and made sure the plate is flat, then moved the coil back a bit. It does sound more like a snap now. I think this is as good as it gets. Thanks.

20210720_142113 (resized).jpg20210720_142113 (resized).jpg
#7771 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not to nitpick, but it looks like you are a little askew. This may prevent the armature from hitting the plate flush, thus not maximizing the sound produced.

I think it looks more askew than it really is. Even so, I loosened it and then tightened it with the plunger flat against the plate. It still looks a bit askew but I'm pretty sure it's hitting flat. Just had a match at the end of the game and it was very loud.

#7780 2 years ago
Quoted from KissPin:

I find myself having a crappy first ball and starting over quickly. Racking up the plays quick

I do this. Plays don't really matter. Whenever you see sale posts that say "only 53 plays," I don't even believe it. You can never play the game and let it rot in a damp basement and it's worse off than a game with 5000 plays. Look at that recent "new old stock" Addams family that was recently listed. The thing was garbage but never played. Have fun with your game, take care of it, and don't worry about the number of plays.

1 week later
#7836 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello all,
I was thinking about getting the Jurassic Park premium. Is it really that good of a pin and justify at the number 2 position on Pinsides top 100?

Of course we all like the game in this thread. You won't find objective opinions here.

3 weeks later
#7946 2 years ago

Thats what I thought, but.... they *ARE* already doing exactly this for the latest run of the Guardians of the Galaxy machines! From what we can determine, the worldwide chip shortage has forced them into this drastic approach, and are using a new revision of the node boards (with a new chip which they could get more easily) which REQUIRES a new initialization code on the SDCARD. So older GOTG machines have a different node board than the latest run of the same machine. New GOTG machines shipped last week will ONLY work with the latest code that was released last week to support the new chip (but older GOTG machines will work with ANY version of the SDCARD).
Go figure!

The chip shortage is hitting everyone hard and dramatically raising prices. At least I can still get my Hawaiian BBQ chips at Ralph’s... For now anyways.

#7948 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

History of my Jurassic Park Premium
Placed $1,000 deposit for the machine with a popular seller
Four months later it’s ready to ship
Seller emails incorrect invoice – over charging me
Contacted Seller – no response
Paid what was owed – not what the invoice said
Advised Seller and asked for corrected invoice
Received response and corrected invoice was promised, but never sent
Took delivery, installed, meticulously leveled and waxed the machine and start to play
Immediately get an amazing amount of ball conga lines heading straight down the middle
Nedry out lane is very greedy
Super noisy T-Rex – am told by Stern that this is normal
Installed the Stern topper – modified with quality dinosaur toys
Stuck some toys on the play field
Made multiple minor adjustments to stop balls from getting stuck here and here and here and he...
Replaced warm white GI with green – definite aesthetic improvement
Replaced round headed screw that interfered with balls entering left half pipe with flat headed screw
Replaced white flasher dome on left side of play field with blue dome and minimized flasher brightness
Minimized back glass brightness during game play
Installed Tim’s code – Fantastic improvement – should have been this way from the factory
Repaired the T-Rex after screw fell out of his jaw and he stopped working
After rebuilding T-Rex the "normal" super loud noise was no longer so super – Thanks Stern
An amazing amount of balls still parading straight down the middle
Nedry is as greedy as ever
Random screws/nuts occasionally roll down the play field - reinstall and tighten them
One LED strip on the Stern topper stops working – something shorted the EXPOSED soldering?
Asked Stern for help – no response – fixed topper with some red neck engineering
Installed cool alternate translite with characters from the movie
Created new free play apron card matching the new translite sticking yours truly in the pic
An amazing amount of ball conga lines still heading straight down the middle
Nedry, Nedry, Nedry…
Covered rivets that interfere with balls entering T-Rex ramp with home made laminated T-Rex sign
Malformed Raptor leans right and barely moves – temporarily wedged a rubber grommet next to leg to straighten and improve movement
A successful shot to control room means 90% chance the ball will immediately drain
Fabricated a swinging paddle to redirect balls preventing 99% of drains from control room
Balls persistently head for the Nedry out lane or down the middle and drain like they were on rails
Fabricated parts and added them to out lanes to reduce drains – not much help
Adjusted level, (leaned left), to reduce Nedry drains – pretty successful
Now left out lane drains more – at least it can save the ball sometimes
An amazing amount of ball conga lines still heading straight down the middle
Last straw - Opened coin door to find cash box covered with metal shavings fallen from play field
Desire to douse machine with gasoline and strike a match is overwhelming
Is it just my machine? Does Stern even HAVE a quality control department?
John Hammond, “When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.”
This machine would have fit right in on Isla Nublar
It seems Stern mistook frustrating for challenging when designing the game
Challenging good – frustrating bad
Stern should be ashamed of their half-assed assembly line
It would be a fun game if one could play it without balls draining so fast as if it were a feature
It would be fun if I wasn’t having to constantly repair and adjust a factory fresh machine
Once in a blue moon the planets do align allowing a good score
Over 1 billion, over 1.5 billion and over 2 billion but good games are rare
Players make liberal use of the activated left flipper start button combo to end games early
Four months after taking delivery I sold this Jurassic Turd
Others might not share my experience, opinion or feelings, but this particular machine was jinxed before I even took delivery. It’s a beautiful game and I know a lot of people really like it. I was excited to get it and I tried to like it, but I found the machine so frustrating that it was going to give me my second heart attack. In the future, I’m going to stick with machines at least 20 years old. My F-14 Tomcat has been running great and I haven't had to touch it since getting it all fixed up thanks to Pinside help. I should take delivery on a shopped HUO Revenge From Mars prototype next week to fill the space left open by the departure of JP.
Thanks to those folks that helped out when problems arose with the JP. I'd like to say it's been fun, but...

It's a hard game but I've never thought it unfairly so. Not like Ghostbusters (which I do like) where it felt unfair a lot of the time. Must have been a poorly made game.

#8003 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So now that Stern is adding the QR code reader to all pins, so now will need a new code update. So will this render the custom video mod done for the game? I was going to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium for the December run.
Man I dodged the bullet when I received a Guardians pro this month with 1.06 code with March 17,2021 build date. I was able to use clelands code thankfully. I really want to use the movie mod for JP.
Freaking sucks. Plus the $1000 price increase on top of it.

Seems likely that the custom code would need to be reworked, assuming there's nothing in the new code that would prevent it. But yeah... Don't buy it assuming you can use the movie code.

1 month later
#8138 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Time flies! I’ve had my JP Prem for almost 3 months, and it’s been my go-to game! Today I took out the T-Rex to do a little tinkering. I was pleased to see how easily the whole mech is removed! Put it back, I think I played for like 3 hours straight today. When I bought this game, I thought it would be a “rotation spot” & I’d sell it after a few months….
Nah. Nope. BOLTED.
This game is so F’ing good and just gets better the more I play it. Design, rules, feel, flow, excitement, satisfaction - this game is just a masterpiece of cohesive pinball design. Everything about it is perfection. I can’t believe I dismissed it at launch…I’ve already apologized for that, but can’t help but think how I could have missed out on this experience due to judging a book by its cover.
This might be one of the best games ever made.

Time to re-evaluate your opinion on ghostbusters as well.

1 week later
#8181 2 years ago

I've had the game over a year and only just now got to the visitor's center for the first time... And it was on ball 1. Pinball is strange sometimes.

#8183 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Huge! I’m 3 months in and feel like I’m 9 from everything aligning to get to visitors center, but that’s why I love this game - and pinball.
Congrats! What was your score?

It was in the 800,000,000 range. In true pinball tradition I blew it on the remaining balls. Wasn't even my highest score but it was the most satisfying game I've had though.

#8193 2 years ago

I have JP Premium and I think the lighting is fine without pinstadiums.

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I picked up a premium this week and am really enjoying it. It is my first modern game. and I am wondering when the up post catches the ball in the “C” shot, the post drops and the ball goes right down the middle. Should this land on the left flipper? Right flipper tip? I will try and adjust the lane guide perhaps but wanted to know where to direct the ball.
[quoted image]

Left flipper.

3 weeks later
#8294 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Thats a bit dissapointing, Zombie Yeti said all the new Premiums built with IC would get full art like Godzilla. Bummer

Yeah. I was wondering about that. They promised game art there.

#8299 2 years ago

Of course they announce this after selling a new batch of toppers...

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

No more unauthorized code or you could brick your machine…
“You will not use or install any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software. Use of Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software may result in your Stern Pinball Machine ceasing to work permanently and/or losing access to Stern Pinball’s online game network, either immediately or after a later installed Authorized Update.
You will not create, develop, distribute or assist anyone else in creating, developing or distributing any Unauthorized Content or Unauthorized Software intended for use with a Stern Pinball Machine, whether to add to or modify the gameplay, any audio content (whether music, sound or voice), or any video content of any Stern Pinball Machine, or to gain advantage in any online or other game modes, or otherwise.”

They're probably worried about custom code ruining their data mining and micro transaction possibilities.

#8304 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LOL. Conspiracy theorist much??
How about they are are finally doing their due diligence to protect the licensed IP they have been given access to?

I can't tell if you're serious.

#8334 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does anyone have the Stern JP LE 1.03 zip file that I could download (eg from their onedrive)? I thought I had a backed up copy of it but can't find it

Added today: Edit: All sorted now!

Can I get this from you?

#8336 2 years ago

I'm thinking about getting titans for my premium? Is it worth it? How's it compare to standard rubbers? Any recommendations for a set in the database?

2 weeks later
#8388 2 years ago

Trying to train my raptor to stand up straight with some wadded up bubble wrap.

20211217_140403.jpg20211217_140403.jpg
#8424 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I searched the thread for info about Ninja balls in this game and found variable advice but the above quote led me to give them a try.
My results were after 270 games a ball got lightly stuck on the control room up post, then after another 30 games two balls got jammed in the shooter lane.
So after 300 games total with the Ninja balls they are now magntized enough to casue me issues and I will have to remove them and put in my original balls while I wait for some ball barron carbon balls to arrive.
It's a shame as the Ninjas are so shiny and cool, I will miss them
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4ebe9e50562efcce738aae153f88de78ccf4d793-1640195343-1800"};
//]]>

but I can't personally reccomend them to anyone for use in JP premium.

I've been using Ninjas for a year and a half with no issues.

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Interesting, do you know how many games you have played in that time? I'm thinking maybe if you play less often then perhaps they would retain less?
My Ninjas are so magnetized after just two weeks of playing (300 games) that they can pick up a small washer. I have a cliffy in my shooter lane so I guess that adds to the chance of my magnetized balls getting stuck there.

I would guess a few thousand games. I don't play that consistently but it's the only game I have right now so it gets played. I actually just recently put in new ninjas because the old ones were beat up. I never noticed any problems with magnetism but I believe it happens. Maybe the balls weren't caught by the t-rex enough for it to ever be a problem

2 months later
#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

For you official Stern topper owners. How would you rate it? Are the extra modes worth it? I kinda like the idea of how the progress transfers from game to game.
Thanks

Don't buy it just for the new mode. Most of the time when the new mode is qualified for me, the ball drains and I never get to start it. Then you have to progress all over again. It's not a great mode anyways. It's a gimmick to sell toppers.

1 month later
#8632 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Looking for advice on how to handle some chipping that I just noticed by the right ramp. What is the best way to prevent further damage? This is a December 2021 build and I am the 2nd owner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Second owner on a December 2021 build? Who dumped this game that fast?

Also, I haven't been paying attention... Is stern still suffering from playfield issues often?

5 months later
#8805 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Are they making any more premiums this year?

I haven't seen it on any of the schedules going around.

2 weeks later
#8836 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m not a fan of the ‘tray’ type plastic shooter lane protectors. I my experience, (like with JP) when there is a finicky auto-launch it tends to affect the launch in negative ways. And also consider that you may have to adjust the shooter lane switch. I like Cliffy’s solution best - but that’s just me.

I've never had a problem with the tray protector in mine. I think it's tricky to install correctly, but if you get it right, it works fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.