(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7413 2 years ago

Just put down my deposit with Cointaker for a July build (hopefully!)

For those that got machines in the latest March/April round...are the coil stops still terrible? Do I need to replace before game one? Or has Stern fixed the issue?

thanks!

#7431 2 years ago

I'm in a supposed July allocation for a Premium. Anyone have a rough timeline from their distributor?

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Thanks for the tips guys. Going to take the protector off and look at some Cliffys.

In case you haven't removed it yet...they have a whole video on adjusting the switch if you have this issue...

#7481 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its called a "replay"
Its awarded at a certain point value that fluctuates based on how good/bad people have been playing.

It seems extra weird because it's a pretty bad noise coming from the speaker. Sounds like something is wrong...

...in the olden days this came from a "knocker" which is a solenoid that hits the cabinet instead of coming from the speaker.

In order to save cost, they dropped the knocker and switched over the pop/bark that you're hearing. It's kinda meant to sound like a knocker..but just ends up sounding bad!

2 weeks later
#7693 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Mine works fine on a Pro, but shouldn't be any different w/a Prem.

I haven't installed yet, but ordered one.

This troubleshooting video may help.

Short answer...bend the wire for the switch.

#7703 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

July 19th appears to be the start of a new GOTG run, so not sure where the JP run fits in their production schedule.

Someone on one of the pinball fb groups who seemed well informed said July 26th…

2 weeks later
#7842 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

No problem - here is the link for the stern illuminated amber shooter rod assembly.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7101-00

Just ordered one as well. Thanks!

Note that this is $150 as opposed to the $180 that seems to be the current/new price on Stern's site and elsewhere (for when they come back in stock)...

Edit: I think I just got the last one. Sorry (not sorry/kinda sorry)!

#7869 2 years ago

How many games do you have on it? Something like 2000? There is a feature to reset scores after NNN games. I think the default is 2000.

...and you can turn this feature off. Something like HSTD RESET COUNT

2 weeks later
#7929 2 years ago

Yes, timlah79 created the ultimate code SDCARD image for JP pro and premium. It is based on v1.03 gamecode specifically at this point. Now *IF* Stern starts using new node boards in the next JP production run, they will likely release a new updated SDCARD image to initialize those boards properly. *IF* that happens, you will see them release a new version of game code (v1.05 perhaps), and then *IF* oga83 can update his Pinball Browser to open this new version of SDCARD image, then code artists can update their work to be compatible. There are a few *IF*s here, so to be sure, monitor the pinball browser thread and see if oga83 has made progress to support GOTG V1.08 SDCARD first. That is the first game that has the new node board support in their SDCARD image. Its a very good sign *IF* he gets that done.

Markharris2000 nailed it.

***SPECULATION WARNING***

The other *IF* I would add (and this is speculation...but there's some logic behind it) is that it seems like Stern is about to launch some kind of Internet connectivity (as teased by George Gomez on a podcast last month). *IF* they do that and *IF* they put in logic to check for modifications to assets, then they can make running modified assets anywhere from not-an-issue-at-all to brick-your-machine-bad. The middle ground could be that you can't take advantage of online features/play.

Now as long as they don't change the node boards, you could just opt to not upgrade to the new "internet enabled" code, but then you're potentially choosing between new features and the updated assets.

Once your (our) machines are connected to the Internet, Stern can have a lot more access/control over what you can and can't do. The unknown here is if they will choose to wield that power.

#7937 2 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Personally I don't see them making a change like internet connectivity on a two year old game. When they could capture that hype on the next big title.

I would tend to think the same...except Gomez said it was coming to older titles. He specifically mentions Deadpool and JP is one year newer than that.

“You never know what is going to happen in the next few months. I think that in September – in the vicinity of September – you may be some amazing super cool stuff for a bunch of your games…and Deadpool might be one of those games [laughs] …we are both collaborating right now, and we’re both collaborating on some amazing stuff that you’re going to see in September, stuff that is going to impact on a lot of games on the line. That is what we’re working on right.”

Quote is from TWIP (https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-7-6-21-spooky-announces-halloween-and-ultraman-gomez-hints-and-september-surprise-and-pinball-hall-of-fame-opens/) but the episode is great and worth a listen (https://podcastaddict.com/episode/125160847)

1 week later
#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Good news ,my distributor said the price I was quoted,is still good.

PA… so…please tell me it’s cointaker….

4 months later
#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

ow how to fix that one..??. wonder if washers would fix it as well... cant get tape to it very easy....

This post may have what you're looking for...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/62#post-5321884

6 months later
#8754 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinball Life had the JP Home Pin version of the translite in stock, so I snapped one up. It looks so much better. Definitely more of an action scene without the ridiculous slobbering and drooling as the main focus of the scene. Not to mention the colors look better and richer. Definitely worth the money IMO.

Thanks for this. Ordered and just installed it. MUCH better.

1 month later
#8766 1 year ago

I’m getting ball traps I wasn’t getting before…does anything about this gate look off/wrong to you?

Machine is level…

B77ABD76-7A09-4FC7-9BF2-29AD85E264F6 (resized).jpegB77ABD76-7A09-4FC7-9BF2-29AD85E264F6 (resized).jpegBE6B1248-3CC7-46CE-8129-6E23CDF61115 (resized).jpegBE6B1248-3CC7-46CE-8129-6E23CDF61115 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’m not with you because I love the shot as is

100%.

Such a great feeling when you hit it. The lighting and sound creates more pressure on GZ's Destruction Jackpot, but as a shot itself, Smart Missile takes the cake.

2 months later
#8852 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:I need to replace our pair of apron plastics.

What happened to them?

3 weeks later
#8895 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

This is a common issue which I had also. The wires to the opto were very tight in mine and I had to resolder the connection. It take a bit of time to take the head off and have a proper look but it could likely be the issue.

There is a similar conversation on the Godzilla thread about the building opto. Wires run very tightly under/around those opto boards can be problematic.

3 months later
#8983 11 months ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

I have the ultimate code running on my game. Got the latest update a few months back. Has anyone upgraded to insider connected with this running? All good?

I believe 1.05 is the latest that has a movie/timlah version. You can run 1.05 and use insider connected but that version doesn't have hometeam. If you do this, you need to ensure automatic updates are turned off.

8 months later
#9137 3 months ago
Quoted from peetie:

I bought a JP LE 3 months ago and updated the code about a week ago. Since that, I swear shooting the left ramp is significantly harder. Did the code drop the flipper strength or anything like that?

You can check the release notes to see if it changed...but I believe the default right flipper strength on the premium has always been lower than on the pro for the supposed purpose of protecting the t-rex. You may want to increase it a bit as others have done.

2 months later
#9191 23 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

I have just to understand if I remove the iron blade you have in the Premium/LE machine what’s wrong with that.

The helicopter blade on the premium/LE spins when the ball passes it and scores points. You wouldn't want to remove it.

2 weeks later
#9216 7 days ago

Regarding screws coming loose...I picked up a great trip from the Electric Bat Podcast

Regularly inspect and tighten everything on the topside and underneath the playfield. Even if you don't have a shaker motor, screws can and do work their way loose. If things are loose, they fall out, or the parts they are connected to can break.

How often you need to do this depends on how often the game gets played, natch.

#9218 7 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I only do a once-over tightening on a game that's new to me. The T-Rex jaw screws (3, black, small, Philips) are the only screws I'm aware of in JP that require regular attention, and they just need some BLUE Loctite to stay put.

Those are good JP-specific items, but also suggest you take a look at...
- anything that a ball hits (i.e. tighten posts that have post rubbers, check stand-up brackets under the playfield)
- anything that has a solenoid (i.e. pops, flippers, VUKs)

The motion from the ball or the mech itself will cause them to loosen over time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.