New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,377 posts
  • 545 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by brickbuilder14
  • Topic is favorited by 258 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,509 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
D1988CDF-7971-446E-980A-0B55DF204AC3 (resized).jpeg
8E73EDA7-A997-4C02-BAEA-64B0231D7E7C (resized).jpeg
A05365B4-0904-4058-8A7C-5CD2833438A8 (resized).jpeg
20201116_182926 (resized).jpg
JP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
IMG_4705 (resized).JPG
IMG_4694 (resized).JPG
AA823037-84D6-4626-A788-E95C9247D3CF (resized).jpeg
997FBEF0-DFA8-4FA4-8D97-2EEC2DFF3D7C (resized).jpeg
C366E886-60D8-447B-ADEF-B3DB22235390 (resized).jpeg
97AEA4B2-7C86-471C-A832-5265DA020A36 (resized).jpeg
E2DFDBE7-1C00-4E15-81D6-8B205E8EE11F (resized).jpeg
DD1574CF-2FAD-4291-A1CA-6619D2D06B11 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #622 KME posts on TREX adjustments. Posted by sk8ball (1 year ago)

Post #885 More info on aligning the TREX. Posted by pickleric (1 year ago)

Post #1396 Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (1 year ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (1 year ago)

Post #1830 KME gives info on how to adjust the T-Rex. Posted by sk8ball (1 year ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (1 year ago)

Post #2625 Adjusting the raptor pit. Posted by yancy (1 year ago)

Post #2994 How to Remove TREX Head and also fix Jaw Screw that came out/loose Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (11 months ago)

Post #3417 Fix for Orbit optical sensors not registering shots Posted by caker137 (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you don’t have naphtha, a little warm water and dish soap will also do the trick.
I recommend removing the flipper rubbers from the pin, first.
: )

Leave the rubber on and use Novus 2. A few wipes and good as new!

Rob

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

1st is the $ one for sure. I like the background graphics of the others too but can't beat the perspective of the open mouth. My GF is currently making a little art piece of the same size to replace at least one of two as mine is HUO as well.

Maybe #1 belongs to KME?

Rob

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from pninja005:

But is LE worth extra $ over premium? That's the question.

I like the LE art the best, but I'm late to the party so slim to no chance of an LE for me.

Rob

4 weeks later
#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I can’t get my T-Rex to work. In the test modes his jaw is perfectly on the ramp. In game the jaw is well above the ramp and the ball just crashes into it. I’m beginning to think it’s a bug in the software (if these are steppers there’s no reason there should be so much variation). The head is centered (mine needed bias -3) so the jaw isn’t hitting anything when it opens.

Left right is a stepper motor, up/down is just a dc motor. I had problems with the TRex on my premium and it was all because the switch for centering left/right was not closing correctly. There should be other position switch(es) to check for up down too in the test menu.

Rob

#2806 1 year ago

I wish I could see those signs at the back of the playfield.....

Rob

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So owners that have a Prem or LE and also have a Deadpool Prem/LE, how do you rate it compared to your DP? I just got a Prem DP which the kids and I are loving, and I'm thinking about getting a JP Prem. Thoughts?

I bought JP Premium and am waiting for my DP Premium. I like both!

Rob

#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:Based on some discussions here, set the angle a bit steeper To 7.1*. Now I can hit the helipad and all the upper loops much easier but I am having problems hitting the ramps! Hoping to find a sweet spot somewhere between 6.5 and 7.1. We shall see.
Fixed the raptor gate, just an easy adjustment as the ball was getting hung up in the gate. Just the set screws underneath. Next to fix the raptor getting stuck on the plastic.
But knock on wood, just tweaks at this point. Nothing too serious.

Mine is at 6.9 and that feels perfect.

Rob

#3037 1 year ago

A few thoughts on JP after owning it for few weeks now:

- The action button is under utilized in the game. I hope there's more use for it to come....
- It's too bad there isn't a lock and hold feature on the T-Rex mouth. Either during multiball for extended/additional playfield multiplier or part of another mode. Something like the snake on Metallica... I realize that there's no equivalent on the pro so maybe they don't want to split the gameplay features too much.
- Super spinner could really use some lighting effect at the spinner.
- Pteradon attack is one mode that always seems to start and I don't know it's running for some reason.
- Could use an option to disable smart missile during multiball. I'm not sure I like this, but I understand the additional strategy and difficulty.
- There could be fanfare for making combos..

Rob

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yep, and it seems the bias settings don’t fix the issue. Tried about everything and it still hits.

Mine does this and I also noticed on the Stern stream that was happening too.

Rob

#3264 12 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Code update now trex is misaligned every time. Odd. Any ideas?

Did you test the TRex in the diagnostic? Switch 68 works?

Rob

#3292 11 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

It just blows past it and aligns slightly to the right now. It lights up but doesnt stop there.
Bias adjustment seems to fix just curious why it happened with the update and if anyone else experienced it

Mine does that too. I think switch 68 is possibly used for a default centering location, but it's not necessarily the spot where the TRex head needs to fit on the ramp. The fine tuning is up to software timing which is adjustable with those bias settings. When my game was unboxed, the TRex was not working at all. My friend adjusted one of the switches and it's been working ever since.

Rob

#3293 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. And not on a super hard tilt where the bob would need extra time to settle down. Just seems to happen randomly.

Iron Maiden had similar issues where a ball drain would be followed by a long delay before the bonus countdown began.

Rob

#3435 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Do yourself a favor and replace your factory coilstops. Over time I've noticed it harder and harder to make the C and S shots...then noticed a little fluttering in the flippers...lift up the playfield and dust all over..
Don't know who the supplier is but the Stern factory coil stop supplier sucks.
Replaced mine with some Pinball Life ones and it's like a different game...making the shots again with ease.
About 1500 games in
The clean one is the pinball life one obviously
[quoted image][quoted image]

And this is where Stern probably knows the stops suck, but still puts them into games as a consumable part that has to be replaced anyhow, just earlier with these ones. It's been happening off and on for at least 6 years now.

Rob

#3457 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm confused with having 3 bias settings.
If T-Rex is off to the left a bit when the jaw is down on the ramp waiting for the ball, then do I adjust the left, right, or home bias?
Do I adjust positive or negative?
Wouldn't it make more sense to owners to just have one alignment setting that can understandably go either left or right? Maybe even up or down?
Would really appreciate some info on this.
Thanks!

Home bias I believe.

Rob

#3458 11 months ago

I was a bit dismayed to see that the T-Rex jackpot animations have been shortened. I liked the way they were before, but I suppose it made sense to shorten them from the full blown jaw chomping animation.

Rob

#3466 11 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Has anyone had any issues with Trex after installing 0.96? I had two games where trex was off to the right and his jaw wasn't lowered when he was supposed to be in position to catch the ball. This was only when getting ready to start trex multiball. The other trex modes where he catches it were fine. It happened twice. I power cycled the machine and everything was back to normal. All tests appear fine. This never happened on any other software version. 0.96 was installed today. I played a few more games without issues so I'll keep an eye on it. Any thoughts on this?

My TRex was way off to the left after the .96 update and power cycling did not help. I went into the diagnostics and did the left/right test. After that it was ok. That single switch used for default home detection can be problematic I think.

Rob

1 week later
#3599 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My right lower flipper started sticking a bit (not enough to ruin a game...just annoying at the moment).
As far as I know, the only flipper issue is the failing coil stops.
Has anyone noticed if flipper sticking precedes coil stop failure?
Thanks for any advice!

Many times the flippers don't have any up/down play so they will bind and stick. My game was like that out of the box. It's an easy adjustment to fix.

Rob

#3620 11 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

After just 3 days, looks like my LCD is having issues...gonna call Stern in the morning. Anyone dealt with this issue yet?[quoted image]

Call your distributor. They are the ones who will need to get the part from Stern for you.

Rob

1 week later
#3721 11 months ago

I'm 53 and my eyesight isn't the greatest. But I thought I'd ask if anyone else has trouble reading the area I circled on the picture? It's pretty tough for me to read easily.

Rob

20191225_155012 (resized).jpg
#3726 11 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Very Low aggression
Perks + 200k Streaks.

I know what it says, it's just not easy to read during gameplay because it is so small. And if I trap the ball to read it, instant info eventually obscures it.

Rob

#3781 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

2) One blade of the helicopter spinner lightly clips the helipad metal return and I'm assuming that is not supposed to be happening. I need to figure out how to move the spinner slightly left (away from the metal return). Would appreciate suggestions on how to do this

Bend the return down a bit. Don't mess with the spinner. Mine was the same way.

Rob

2 months later
#4694 8 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Has anyone else had issues occur with the T-Rex on the newest 1.0 code drop?
Would like to do the update; but wanted to see if it made sense to hold off due to any new glitches?
Thanks!

No issues with mine, except that it constantly kicks my butt and shows no mercy.

Rob

#4712 8 months ago

Is there any setting to change the T-Rex multiball start so it HAS to be in the mouth? I suppose I could go look, but I'm not sure there is one?

Rob

1 month later
#5081 7 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well crap...now my T-Rex stopped moving vertically and I can't find anything wrong. It does not move during a game and it does not move in test mode. It makes no sound at all in test mode. I have no service error messages either..and no, nothing about the T-Rex is disabled in the game adjustments menu. Nothing appears to be unplugged either. It does move horizontally in test mode and also when you first start a game...but then never moves again at all.

I had the same problem with mine when it was brand new out of the box. There is a mechanical switch (68?) behind the backboard where the T-Rex head is. I think it's used as a relative 'middle' switch and if it's not closing when the head passes middle, the game cannot determine where the head is. It will stop moving left/right during a game and definitely will not go up/down. That switch should be on the display during left/right head test.

Rob

#5082 7 months ago

Did anyone notice that the game audits are broken in the game? On the latest code, mine are all showing 0 even after several games are played. I sent an email to Stern asking if this is a known bug or what the issue could be. I wanted to see outlane drain numbers compared to center drain numbers.

Rob

1 week later
#5153 7 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Mine has been doing that A LOT since the last update. Worked perfectly before, actually glad I'm not the only one.
Either coming up and sending the ball flying or coming up after the ball has passed, sucks when it happens during Invalid frenzy.

Check the up posts and make sure they are not binding. That could be causing some delayed actuation.

Rob

6 months later
#6104 30 days ago

I've owned a JP Premium since they were first available, but I never really got into the game. Mine was such a drain monster that I just stopped playing it for many, many months. I'm going to give it another go, but make some changes to hopefully make the game more fun for me.

I've reduced pitch from 6.9 to 6.7. I'm also considering lowering the outlane posts to their lowest setting because it seems to be a real drain monster compared to my most of my other games.

Question, how many have lowered the posts on their outlanes?

Rob

#6106 30 days ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Why wouldn’t you move the out lane posts? Adjust the game so it’s fun for you. That’s why they’re adjustable! No one wins if you don’t enjoy your own game.

Yup, was going to, just procrastinated too much

Rob

#6109 30 days ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Reducing the pitch makes outlane drains more likely, not less. With a steeper playfield there’s more chance the ball will angle away from a drain - only a more direct path will lead straight out the side.

It depends on a lot of factors like playfield geometry and sling power. At 6.7/6.8 it seems about right so far, even with the C and S shots.

Rob

#6125 28 days ago

I had probably my best game on JP after slightly reducing pitch and lowering the outlane posts. It's still not a cakewalk, but certainly a bit less brutal now. The only other game I felt the need to lower outlane posts on was ACDC.

Rob

#6159 25 days ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

Stern Jurassic Park T-Rex doesn't move at all. I own the limited edition, only owner. When I got the pinball table on release, the T-Rex worked perfectly. Once I updated the new code that Stern released it has never worked since. I figured that the code made it harder to have the T-Rex move/grab the ball, but after having it for almost a year without moving, I asked my friend about it and he said his moves every game he plays.
My guess is that if it's not broken maybe when I updated it I hit a switch that turned off that part of the T-Rex? If that is the case, where could I turn that back on? Any tips would be huge!

Use the diagnostics test for the T-Rex to check the switches. One of them is most likely not working correctly.

Rob

#6173 24 days ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

rob_g, the post above, I just did these test, any insights based on this would be awesome. I own a ton of pinball machines. And haven't had to do much maintenance on them so I don't fully understand it all.

When you go into the horizontal test, the TRex lifts all the way up, then goes side to side (calibration) with switch 68 being near center.

In the vertical test, does switch 64 work? That's when the T-Rex is at the highest spot. 65 is mid and 66 is the lowest. Start with making sure these work first. You may not be able to test 66 depending where the TRex head is positioned. I think if 64 does not trigger, the Trex won't go side to side (calibration) and automatically disables. If any of the switches fail to register, the TRex will disable. I had trouble with switch 68 when I first got mine NIB.

Rob

#6187 21 days ago

Too bad there's no 'Park Mismanagement Champion' which records how many workers are killed by the dinosaurs.

Rob

#6207 16 days ago
Quoted from Chappie101:

Finished the chopper install today, added the light in the cockpit tied to the Helipad light. Looks great!

Rob

#6237 13 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, this is one of the best play fields I’ve seen from stern in a long time. Crystal clear, no ribbing. Unfortunately, pooling and chipping happens over a period of time. Let’s hope stern has it straightened out with this batch and moving forward.

Don't forget to remove the left flap screw on the tower ramp - if the balls will hit it.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside