(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider refugenate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6905 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Is it just me...but it seems a lot of the newly arrived games are showing up with issues..... maybe running the line a little fast..??? Hope mine shows up issue free.....

I just received my JP Prem a few days ago and my T-Rex ramp exit opto didn't work out of the box. So yeah, after a 6 month wait to finally get the game it's pretty much worthless because you can't start a mode or do anything that needs the left ramp to register. I thought the same thing you did about maybe the QA is lacking a little to get the games out the door. I can understand over time something failing or small tweaks here and there but an opto not working straight from the factory? I think that is poor QA. I guess I can just play the Trex events over and over until my new part shows up someday.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

There are a few simple fixes that might save you time. The opto connectors could be loose, and need to be reseated, or the optos themselves may have moved and need to be aligned. Can you provide any observations on the optos positioning next time you pull the glass? Did you try to manually make the opto register in TEST mode? Any more details on what it looks like or what you have already tried may help here...

Thanks for the suggestions Mark, I did pull the glass and inspect the optos. They were both installed correctly and seemed to be aligned perfectly. Checked the wires and reseated them. Nothing registered in test mode. I do appreciate Stern making things right, they always have but just frustrating of course. They are sending me new optos, just takes a while to receive them.

3 weeks later
#7068 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I faced this dilemma as well and after much deliberation, I got the bluish ones from Retro Refurbs for my premium. I thought they best matched the tone, style, and color pallet of the PF. It was a pretty tough call especially because of the cost to ship to the US but I didn't regret the decision.

I agree with this....I ordered the Retro Refurbs blue version and they look great in the Premium. Matching the blue landscape was my priority but I really liked the Jurassic Park gate artwork and also the volcano.

7 months later
#8491 2 years ago
Quoted from Freebird:

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yeah, the coil drives it open, and must be a spring that drives it closed. The jaw opens fine, but it sticks open. When opening it by hand, you can feel it binding at the point where it is full open, before that it is fine, and it has a kind of rubber-on-rubber noise. I believe the jaw rubber is binding on the upper rubber. I can't really tell where yet, wish I didn't have to but I guess I'll have to remove the assembly and have a closer look.

Freebird did you ever look into this further? After playing today, I noticed my T-Rex doing the same thing. Sometimes after the intro roar, the jaw stays open. During game play the jaw will sometimes stay open at times. Also, once T-Rex Multiball starts, T-Rex tries to do the chomp but the jaw stays open a little and the ball falls out of his mouth on the left side. The ball is supposed to stay in the mouth longer for sure. I have the same binding if I open the jaw fully by hand but also wonder if the magnet is not working as it should or is it just the lower jaw not closing like it should.

#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I've encountered the same problem. I think the jaw mech is making contact with the upper inside of the rubber body. I think it needs more clearance but I haven't figured out a solution. At first I thought it was a coil issue or a sensor issue, but I do think it's a jaw binding issue at this point.

Let me know if you figure anything out. It was fine for a few months but just started doing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider refugenate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=refugenate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.