(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7920 2 years ago

I remember watching a YouTube video covering a tour of Stern's pinball factory. At the end of the video they showed a guy,who's jobs was to test the finished pinball machine. He made sure
that it was working properly. Has this guy been fired yet? If not he should be told to get off of the property.

#7949 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

History of my Jurassic Park Premium
Placed $1,000 deposit for the machine with a popular seller
Four months later it’s ready to ship
Seller emails incorrect invoice – over charging me
Contacted Seller – no response
Paid what was owed – not what the invoice said
Advised Seller and asked for corrected invoice
Received response and corrected invoice was promised, but never sent
Took delivery, installed, meticulously leveled and waxed the machine and start to play
Immediately get an amazing amount of ball conga lines heading straight down the middle
Nedry out lane is very greedy
Super noisy T-Rex – am told by Stern that this is normal
Installed the Stern topper – modified with quality dinosaur toys
Stuck some toys on the play field
Made multiple minor adjustments to stop balls from getting stuck here and here and here and he...
Replaced warm white GI with green – definite aesthetic improvement
Replaced round headed screw that interfered with balls entering left half pipe with flat headed screw
Replaced white flasher dome on left side of play field with blue dome and minimized flasher brightness
Minimized back glass brightness during game play
Installed Tim’s code – Fantastic improvement – should have been this way from the factory
Repaired the T-Rex after screw fell out of his jaw and he stopped working
After rebuilding T-Rex the "normal" super loud noise was no longer so super – Thanks Stern
An amazing amount of balls still parading straight down the middle
Nedry is as greedy as ever
Random screws/nuts occasionally roll down the play field - reinstall and tighten them
One LED strip on the Stern topper stops working – something shorted the EXPOSED soldering?
Asked Stern for help – no response – fixed topper with some red neck engineering
Installed cool alternate translite with characters from the movie
Created new free play apron card matching the new translite sticking yours truly in the pic
An amazing amount of ball conga lines still heading straight down the middle
Nedry, Nedry, Nedry…
Covered rivets that interfere with balls entering T-Rex ramp with home made laminated T-Rex sign
Malformed Raptor leans right and barely moves – temporarily wedged a rubber grommet next to leg to straighten and improve movement
A successful shot to control room means 90% chance the ball will immediately drain
Fabricated a swinging paddle to redirect balls preventing 99% of drains from control room
Balls persistently head for the Nedry out lane or down the middle and drain like they were on rails
Fabricated parts and added them to out lanes to reduce drains – not much help
Adjusted level, (leaned left), to reduce Nedry drains – pretty successful
Now left out lane drains more – at least it can save the ball sometimes
An amazing amount of ball conga lines still heading straight down the middle
Last straw - Opened coin door to find cash box covered with metal shavings fallen from play field
Desire to douse machine with gasoline and strike a match is overwhelming
Is it just my machine? Does Stern even HAVE a quality control department?
John Hammond, “When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.”
This machine would have fit right in on Isla Nublar
It seems Stern mistook frustrating for challenging when designing the game
Challenging good – frustrating bad
Stern should be ashamed of their half-assed assembly line
It would be a fun game if one could play it without balls draining so fast as if it were a feature
It would be fun if I wasn’t having to constantly repair and adjust a factory fresh machine
Once in a blue moon the planets do align allowing a good score
Over 1 billion, over 1.5 billion and over 2 billion but good games are rare
Players make liberal use of the activated left flipper start button combo to end games early
Four months after taking delivery I sold this Jurassic Turd
Others might not share my experience, opinion or feelings, but this particular machine was jinxed before I even took delivery. It’s a beautiful game and I know a lot of people really like it. I was excited to get it and I tried to like it, but I found the machine so frustrating that it was going to give me my second heart attack. In the future, I’m going to stick with machines at least 20 years old. My F-14 Tomcat has been running great and I haven't had to touch it since getting it all fixed up thanks to Pinside help. I should take delivery on a shopped HUO Revenge From Mars prototype next week to fill the space left open by the departure of JP.
Thanks to those folks that helped out when problems arose with the JP. I'd like to say it's been fun, but...

Thanks for sharing,now Im not so sure I want this game? I have a premium coming in December. What the hell is going on with Stern? I thought my Dialed In was a nightmare dialing it in.
I'm half way through reading the other JP club thread,and I'm really questioning my choice in buying this game. I'm gonna finish the club thread before I decide if I'm going to pull my order or not. Right now,it's not looking like I'll buy this machine.
I know the game is hard and somewhat frustrating,but I didn't expect the same frustration in trying to get it working 100%.
Plus Stern leaving you hanging,is what really concerns me the most.

#8004 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So now that Stern is adding the QR code reader to all pins, so now will need a new code update. So will this render the custom video mod done for the game? I was going to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium for the the December run.
Man I dodged the bullet when I received a Guardians pro this month with 1.06 code with March 17,2021 build date. I was able to use clelands code thankfully. I really want to use the movie mod for JP.
Freaking sucks. Plus the $1000 price increase on top of it.

Did the JP go up 1000 ? How does it work once you give a deposit,can they still raise the price? I assumed that the price quoted would be the price I pay regardless of any future price increases.

#8014 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes they have and yes they can pass any unknown at the time of sale price changes on to the customer. They're not obligated to lose money on the sale because Stern upped their pricing. It's just up to you whether you still want it at the new pricing.

What a bunch of slimy bastards! I'm gonna have to think this over a bit. Now I'm not sure if I'm going through with this purchase or not?

#8018 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

What a bunch of slimy bastards! I'm gonna have to think this over a bit. Now I'm not sure if I'm going through with this purchase or not?

Good news ,my distributor said the price I was quoted,is still good.

2 weeks later
#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from Skhantom2:

Hi! Need some help: I have a JPPE and recently the Jeep with the NewtonMail Will not move all the way around when hit. It stops midway. Tried some WD 40 but didn’t help. Anyone had the same issue?

Very common problem,you need to take the jeep off and clean it up . Try not to use Wd 40 on your machine, better off using a small amount of 100% silicone liquid.
Just search this thread, there's a ton of info to get your Jeep working like new again.
Post # 4785 and 4786 should get your jeep rotation issue solved in no time . Just go to the other Jurassic Park club thread. Don't know why someone thought having two club threads was a good idea?

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Please inform Stern first. They like to hear about the Reoccurring problems found on NIB pins….

1 week later
#8096 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

My Jeep mech is not turning freely anymore! I think I lost an iyem (with the metal balls/ rollers in)
I forgot the name but I think it fell out when I tried to fix the jeep angle.
Anyone has a drawing and a partnumber of the jeep mech?
Thank you!

Here's the part Manny65 recommended. https://www.amazon.com/BRDI26928-Bearings-Miniature-Bearing-Thrust/dp/B08PNQ6Y38/ref=sr_1_21

3 weeks later
#8189 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Am sure I will see neg feedback.....but Pin Stadiums!! Have them on all my games...fully adjustable....

As long as you're happy with them,who cares what everyone else says. I have a Metallica Premium,and I really like the hammer ball lock. A lot of people hate it,and I really can't concern myself with what they like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.