(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone that has bought multiple new games from Stern shed any light on how their announcement of Teenage Mutant Turtles could affect production of backlogged orders of JP, etc?

JP2 has been on the line this week.

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You probably just need a node board to enable the code. But the boards cost 250$..

If the code wasn't encrypted (is it actually encrypted?) you could just skip over the check for the external board so it always returned a "yes" installed.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Something is keeping the pinbrowser from working. I’m not 100% sure of why but I thought I read encryption somewhere. I’m in IT so I try to stay out of the technical weeds when it comes to hobbies. Pinball takes my mind off of work

I assumed it was just that Stern changed the format so pinbrowser didn't recognize it. Has anyone verified it's actually encrypted and not just a different format?

1 year later
#8481 2 years ago

Just a heads-up, Karl DeAngelo (iepinball) is streaming Jurassic Park for the next few hours and giving away some pinmonk stuff (quiet fan kits/t shirts) to viewers during the stream (and every stream in Jan).

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Tonight the contest is to guess how many insider achievements he'll get on a clean JP Premium account. There's a link to the google form you sign up on in the stream. Winner gets a quiet fan kit (spike or spooky). Runner up a pinmonk T-shirt. Type !Contest in twitch chat for his stream to get a link to the contest form and sign up within the first 30 minutes of the stream.

Oh, and Cone of Shame is back as a reward that can be purchased.

#8483 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Bummed I missed this.

The stream's still there and is pretty interesting.

Karl/IEPinball is doing live quiet fan and t-shirt giveaways all month on every twitch stream he does in Jan, and mixing it up so the way to win is different and not the same each stream. He usually streams starting at 6 or 7pm and posts to his facebook/twitter when he's doing it. You have at least 20 more chances to win (10 more streams x 2 prizes per).

#8485 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I will be watching!

Karl/IEPinball is streaming Jurassic Park Prem starting in the next few minutes and will be giving away a quiet fan kit for Spike or Spooky (winner choice) and a T-shirt during the stream. Entries are from now until 8:10 winners announced later in the stream.

Type "!contest" (minus quotes) in the twitch chat to get the link to the entry form.

#8490 2 years ago

Karl DeAngelo at IEPinball is streaming JP Prem tonight starting at 7pm pacific:

https://twitter.com/iepinball/status/1481300827054563332

...he's also giving away more pinmonk quiet power supply fans and t-shirts. He changes the contest night to night, but basically just type "!contest" in the twitch chat (without the quotes) to get the link to the contest form and enter in the first 30 minutes of the stream.

(entries close at 7:30PST. Tonight's contest is easy, just YES/NO he reaches Escape Nublar)

EDIT: Very intense end. Karl made completed the escape, so the answer to the contest was YES. dent123 lost out on a prize at the end - wasn't in the chat to collect. Went to the next on the list instead.

#8505 2 years ago
Quoted from gregpinball:

As this is my first post my apologies if this question has been already covered or if I am posting in the wrong spot.
I am trying to remove the hinge on right side of my JP Premium so that I can send it out for powder coating (LE Green). But, I can't see how to get to the second bolt. Do I remove the screws on the metal box? Is there a trick? Thanks, Greg
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, you have to take off that cover. Make sure the machine is unplugged before you take the cover off and stick any tools inside that area, there's 115v-120v in there even when the machine is off.

#8506 2 years ago
Quoted from gregpinball:

As this is my first post my apologies if this question has been already covered or if I am posting in the wrong spot.
I am trying to remove the hinge on right side of my JP Premium so that I can send it out for powder coating (LE Green). But, I can't see how to get to the second bolt. Do I remove the screws on the metal box? Is there a trick? Thanks, Greg

Also, you can just get raw metal hinges from pinball life to send out for powdercoating so you're not without your game while it's being done:

Hinges:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=535-7999-00_535-7999-01_raw

Side rails:
https://www.pinballlife.com/raw-steel-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

Lockdown:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar-with-actionfire-cutout.html

You only have to do this once for about $200, and then can just roll your extra set with each new machine, or even have the powdercoating done in advance of each machine so it's ready to install day one.

#8523 2 years ago

Karl's streaming JP again and giving away more prizes 7:00-9:00PST - contest guesses are due SOON:

3 weeks later
#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Where have you guys been getting these home pin translites? I've been searching everywhere for one, I can't stand the translite in the premium.

Email Terry at pinball life and see if he can get part number 830-1039-M4. Often he can with a special order.

2 weeks later
#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

answering my own question the peeps at Stern helped and they sent me the part number, in case this ever is needed by someone else.
Digi-Key Part Number
240-2072-ND
Manufacturer
Laird-Signal Integrity Products
Manufacturer Product Number
28A2024-0A0

Were you getting some kind of interference? Are you putting these at the shaker connection or where it plugs onto the coin door interface board?

#8566 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am following the instructions included with the shaker (stern).[quoted image]

Hm, I don't think I ever had those, but I don't get the official Stern one, I get the one from pinball life.

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

As for shaker’s - the official stern shaker seems currently unavailable. Is there any notable difference between that and the PBL one?
[quoted image]

Apparently Stern's has ferrite cores on the shaker power line now. I don't remember it having that before. I have more Pinball Life shakers than Stern (or the terrible) Red Tremor Cointaker sells/sold. Just get the PBL one.

1 month later
#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Looking for advice on how to handle some chipping that I just noticed by the right ramp. What is the best way to prevent further damage? This is a December 2021 build and I am the 2nd owner.

Clean it, let it dry. Tape off the area close to the chip and apply Sally Hansen's Hard as nails clear POLISH (not nail strengthener) to arrest the chip from advancing. You can also mylar over the area if you want extra protection.

2 weeks later
#8635 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey! I have had JP premium for 1.5 years and put a couple of thousand plays on it. Never had any issues until tonight…. Weird things started happening. Different sections of the play fiend would randomly go dark. T. rex didn’t move for 15 seconds at a time. Then the entire lower half of the platforms went dark. Lastly had all arrows randomly light up white then dark then white again. All this occurred during the course of a few games. I looked underneath and it seems like every wire is connect properly. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sounds like a node board freaking out. Did you get any overcurrent errors on the system menu?

#8637 1 year ago

No. I checked everything. Made sure everything was secure. Went through every test. Swapped out the main CPU board with another machine. Redownloaded the code on a new card. Keeps repeating itself no matter what. Seems like it’s in issue in the upper left part of the playfield. The r rex is acting strange and the arrows around the T. rex don’t light up in certain modes (but do light up in other modes, so it’s very hard to figure out)

You could swap node 8 and node 9 boards and see if the problem moves, then you would know it's a board issue, not a wiring or short issue. Be sure to change the dip switches to the new node numbers once you swap the boards so they know their new roles if you try it.

#8639 1 year ago

Ok I’ll try that. Thanks! Are the boards identical? How/where do I change the “dip switches “?

Yeah, node 8 and 9 are the same. The only difference is their address in the system, which is set by the dip switches and changes the function. You'll see the block of switches when you take the boards out. It's small, but hard to miss if you're looking at the board. The settings for each is in the manual, or you can just write down the positions of each then swap the settings.

Also, to be clear, do this swap with the POWER OFF.

1 week later
#8643 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I literally have no idea where to go from here. I have reseated all ethernet cables in the entire machine. Reseated the Trough board cables and at their respective opposite ends. I updated the code prior to installing the kit, and it worked fine before installing the kit, and also my clumsiness. I have no idea what to do.

Did you check connector CN14 on node board 8 (8 is the one near the flippers, not the one closer to the middle of the playfield). Pull it, look at the wires closely, and reseat it firmly.

Also, post a hi-res pic of your node 8 board and the node 8a board (on the opposite side).

#8648 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon PinMonk. Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling well. Anyway, CN14 looks good. Reseated it a couple times.
The red leds light when there is a ball in there??? Maybe they are registering, and I'm looking at the wrong thing? There are 6 balls in the Trough, however whenever I try to start a game, it immediately goes into ball search, and says locating balls. When I do the Trough test, it shows 6 numbered circles like balls. And also for the one I'm thr shooter land. When I activate that shooter line wire trip switch, the ball on the trough test goes solid and the kicker fires. However when I put balls in the Trough, the circles remain just circles, not solid. I would suspect they go solid with a ball in there? Also, here's the 8 and 8a pictures. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try putting pressure on the 8a ball trough board connectors, pushing slightly on the big connector with the PF down and then pulling it while on that screen and see if the balls light up. Repeat with the small connector on the other side. And you're not pushing pulling the top of the connectors, but the side, just trying to see if a loose pin is preventing connection. It's pretty common with these boards for that to happen, especially on route.

#8651 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Morning PinMonk I tried applying pressure, and had no luck. When machine is on, and all 6 leds are lit, when manually kicking a ball out to the shooter lane, the left led goes out, and when the ball return, it comes back on, as it should. Just doesn't recognize thr balls are in there.

So, it sounds like the trough board itself is registering that the opto is triggering (based on the trough board lights coming on and off correctly), it's just not communicating that to the machine?

At this point I'd swap node 9 and Node 8 boards (change the dip switches on each board to the opposite board's settings so they know their new role) and see if the problem moves to the left ramp sign and the dino, because that's what CN14 operates on Node 9. If your trough resolves, but the problem has moved, then that node board was likely damaged and will need to be repaired.

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon PinMonk. I found it. It was a pinched wire that was really hard to see. The pinch was on one wire, and that wire was tight up against another in the harness, covering up the pinch. Just got luck and saw a little anomaly I. The way the wires looked. Took a closer look and verified it. Cut, soldered, and heat shrunk it. All good now!

Awesome. Glad you finally tracked it down!

1 month later
#8693 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

After just a few days of being in the club, my Trex has stopped working entirely. I’m also having trouble even testing it in the diagnostics due to crappy menu buttons on the coin door.

Stern will replace that coin door button block for the menu/diagnostics. They've had a lot of crappy ones that barely work or that you have to play with to make the buttons work make it out of QA into the field. No excuse for it. If you're under warranty ask for a new service button block.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.