(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8622 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Finally had a moment to make a custom roof mod for my second Premium. It's cost me about $10 and about 4 hours. I have provided a visual how-to for anyone that wishes to do something similar. Nothing beats a real bamboo roof in the jungle!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fun idea. I would consider staining it to give it a weathered look that would blend in better.

2 months later
#8669 1 year ago

Joined the club a couple days ago. Great game! Glass slide is perfect. No complaints about my build. Pinball machines always need a little tlc tweaking here and there. This game is no different. Nothing unusual so far except how fun it is. What a terrific design. So many excellent and challenging shots!

#8676 1 year ago

Is there a way to disable having the action button act as another start button? We keep accidentally starting games leaning on it. I looked in the manual but couldn’t find a setting for this.

#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Yes. It's in the settings. I did this all the time as well and it's annoying. You can disable. Sorry I don't have the exact setting number and menu in memory.

Found it. Game adjustment #60

#8683 1 year ago

After just a few days of being in the club, my Trex has stopped working entirely. I’m also having trouble even testing it in the diagnostics due to crappy menu buttons on the coin door.

When the menu buttons do work, it seems like the horizontal test goes okay, but the vertical test does absolutely nothing.

I emailed Stern, but thought I’d ask here too in hopes that someone here has run into this and could offer some advice.

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

A local guy had the horizontal controller board die, if you're getting no vertical movement in test mode (or game mode) then potentially the vertical controller board could be the issue. I know the horizontal board has diag LEDs on the board, so guessing the vertical one has as well - check if you have any LEDs on?
[quoted image]

I checked the horizontal and vertical boards. Like you said, the horizontal board has two red diagnostic leds. Both leds on the horizontal boards are fine.

There appears to be two similar leds on the vertical board. Neither of those are lit.

Another question: I noticed that I can easily and freely move the trex side to side by hand, but it won’t budge vertically. Is that normal?

#8687 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I checked the horizontal and vertical boards. Like you said, the horizontal board has two red diagnostic leds. Both leds on the horizontal boards are fine.
There appears to be two similar leds on the vertical board. Neither of those are lit.
Another question: I noticed that I can easily and freely move the trex side to side by hand, but it won’t budge vertically. Is that normal?

Eddie at Stern solved this for me. Just needed to reseat a connector. Here’s the full explanation:

“You should be able to move the assembly by hand horizontally, but not vertically.

Reseat the CN5 connector on lamp board 9A. From 9A, it goes to the serial motor driver board, this controls the vertical movement.
The horizontal movement is controlled by the stepper motor driver board.”

Great, prompt help from Eddie!

#8688 1 year ago

Time to get intimate with my Trex! The lower jaw just flew off mid-game. Judging by the holes in the jaw, I’m on the hunt for three screws somewhere in my game. If/when I find the screws, how do I access the underside of the jaw to put it back together?

5497A775-10E7-4411-A4B6-91A0C9672C65 (resized).jpeg5497A775-10E7-4411-A4B6-91A0C9672C65 (resized).jpeg
#8689 1 year ago

Finding the screws was easy. No wonder they came loose! They only stick through the lower jaw by about 1/16th of an inch. Wondering if I should get some slightly longer screws or use locktite and cross my fingers.

#8690 1 year ago

Well that was easy. Hopefully it stays put. I put some blue locktite on each of the screws and got the screws back in with my trusty offset Phillips screwdriver that I bought over 30 ago. I originally bought it to remove the lock hasp from the Art Department roof at my college. My friends and I would go up there on hot summer nights and take in the night, always being careful to cover our tracks and put the lock back on when we were done.

2B3C73E0-4E5C-458C-B9F7-146AB3C74851 (resized).jpeg2B3C73E0-4E5C-458C-B9F7-146AB3C74851 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8712 1 year ago

Aside from having to otherwise slum it having a separate thread is total bs. Hell, the Star Trek owners club thread covers not only all three Stern trim levels but two other games that are totally unrelated except for the fact that they have “Star Trek” in the name.

#8725 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's only been explained about a billion times. It's to keep the clutter of malfunctioning Raptor gate & TREX issues OUT of the Pro thread. Pro owners don't give a shit and they shouldn't have to wade through a bunch of tech crap that doesn't apply to them. There are a LOT of posts on TREX issues in this thread. I know other games are significantly different between Pro and Prem but I don't think any of them have as many tech probs as JP Prem/LE.
I never really understood the point of bitching and moaning about 2 threads. Favorite them both and stay current on both. First world problems.

That’s not a reason for two owner’s threads. Specific mech issues such as the Trex or raptor gate can and should be in threads of their own like every other game on Pinside.

1 month later
#8765 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

No reason not to get one. Really great integration with this game. Especially the beginning of TREX multiball. Can be disabled or adjusted via menus.

And rampage and t-Rex chase and….

1 month later
#8825 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Better than that... The actual shot can be made until the END of the "missed shot" video. I've done it many times. You hear the "that's a miss" audio then you hit it and get it awarded anyway.

Yup - had that happen more than once.

4 months later
#8957 1 year ago

How are brand new balls magnetized?

#8959 1 year ago

Brand new in my mind = never been used.

1 week later
#8962 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Update: Looks like all of the three possible parts recommended by Pablo at Stern are on the way! PBL had the Servo motor and the roller microswitch #68 in stock, and sourced the 520-8424-00 controller board (she had to special order from Stern). The only 'gotcha' was the servo motor shipped with bare wires. I had to grab a 6-position molex connector and put it on (which takes a little bit of effort without the right IDP tool). While I was at it, I ordered a set of "pinball jacks" to lift the playfield up out of the cabinet to make this replacement easier.

I’ve never heard of a jack for a playfield. Do tell….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.