(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

From what I've been seeing, the solution is not having the art overlap the post areas, leaving just bare wood, which actually looks fine to me...

What about everywhere the ball guides are bolted to the playfield? The chipping is actually worse there but not as noticible.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My machine is #242 and the artwork is relieved around the posts. No observable playfield issues here.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much for posting. How about where the ball guides and apron are bolted to and touch the playfiueld? Could you kindly post a pic?

Great game, I am sure you are going to love it!

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So the weird thing is that the rippled and peeled paint seems rock hard in that rippled shape. I'm sure the paint wouldn't ripple along the apron edge, and then they'd clear coat it afterward... But how does it ripple with a fully dry clear coat?
I suppose if the clear coat was soft, and the surface got pulled when they installed the apron, it might wrinkle the paint, and then when the clear cures, it stiffens up the wrinkles? I'm just speculating. I would have thought poor adhesion would just cause it to chip away. But to ripple and then get hardened in that shape? Weird.
Anyone think a green sharpie would fix this up? Maybe they'll send me one when they send the missing parts they forgot to install on the playfield.

I feel your pain. Please let Stern and your disto know, your game should not have come like that and they should look after you. Please let us know how you go. Stern need to know about every stuff up so they can do something to get the stuff ups sorted.

Sharpies are a last resort and it does work with UV nailpolsih clear, but not on a new game, on a 10 year old one maybe.

3 weeks later
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anyone install different color posts and flipper rubbers? Would love to see how different color options look, especially the posts in front of ramps.
Here's my idea. I try to blend post with the color of the Playfield near the post.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love all the coloured rings and post sleeves. Remember to use thin tapered post sleeves. Otherwise air balls galore! The thicker ones will also make the shots tighter.

1 month later
#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Does anyone know of a way to protect this damaged spot? I do have it protected with mylar but it's continuing to rip the mylar.[quoted image]

Shooter lane Cliffy's if you like them.

As others have stated, turn down the eject power will this will help a lot. Mylar does not do the job in my opinion. Once the lane starts chipping out it just keeps going.

3 weeks later
#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

I have had this game for a few weeks now and it is awesome. I was reading through a few posts and saw one that a guy noticed some clear pooling under some of the ball guides, I mistakenly looked at my game under bright light and noticed some minor pooling under the apron and the c and s ball guides. It is very minor and I am hoping it doesn’t crack I will probably not contact my distributor until it does I am just going to document it and monitor it. Has anyone else noticed this my build date is 11/11/2019.

Could you please post some photos? We purposely did not get a game yet due to this pooling and chipping issue.

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Like I said pretty minor just hoping it doesn’t crack I will just monitor for now[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting. I hope it does not get any worse for you. I have seen some of the other guys are putting washers underneath the guide bolts. Dissapoints me very much to see this. We have 2 games like that so I know how you feel. Best of luck.

1 week later
#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Titan rings are fine but I really hate the way Titan flipper rubbers shoot - I keep those standard.

If you do not clean the Titan flipper rubbers they will play like rubber. The thin ones (Titan Flipper bands) are like black rubber and the thick ones (Titan Flipper bands) are like red bouncy rubber.

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It’s not a handle, it’s a crash avoider for when you put the play field back in the game which is needed because there is a a lot mounted on the backboard. But it works great as a handle!

Thanks for clearing that up.

SW Prem/LE has one also

1 week later
#4086 4 years ago

Looking forward to joining this club very soon.

#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I got something pretty cool to go with my premium at Expo. During the "Making of Jurassic Park seminar Keith gave me a signed one-of-one CAD drawing that they used to create the game. Going to frame it up eventually and hang it over the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. That is awesome. Congratulations!

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sorry for the triple post here guys.
I just happened to look at the top 100 and I see that JP has dropped down to number 8 now. How on earth can this be? I'm sorry, this may ruffle some feathers but JP is a WAY better game than Lord of the Rings or Monster Bash. I mean come on!
I know, I know the top 100 is really nothing to be concerned about. JP needs to be #1 or #2 IMO

Unfortunately people that do not like Stern rate the games low.. like a 2 or 3, probably never played it either.

I think Pinside should -1 off the final rating until the game is a year old. This will stop or slow down the haters I think.

2 weeks later
#4421 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, I thought it was just me...Deadflip makes it look easy!!!
Curious, where do you guys have your outlane posts...middle or all the way down (smallest lane)

All the way open for us.

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Do you find more effective nudging with them open? Closed doesn't seem to be helping me as I thought it would with the outlane post next to the sling being lower than the sling. Almost traps the ball with no real ability to free it up.

No it is harder. When the out lanes are all the way open you have to nudge quite hard to bounce the ball out. My wife and I prefer if the ball times are a little shorter. Forces you to think of safe shots and play better!

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Gotcha, that's what I thought..Yeah, just started playing this year...

It is an awesome hobby, we love it

2 weeks later
#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hmm anyone else having troubles with the update?
I have installed it, start the game, ball launches and within a minute the flippers will both die and the left slingshot led will also go out.
then after approx 5 seconds the flippers will be live again but the left slingshot led is left off.
going to re-download the code
anyone else?
Edit update:
Looked at the left slingshot leds to see if it was shorted tho it looks fine.
I did move them back to an upright position but same thing after testing.
Tho I did see the inlane lights also turn off as well as the first left target bottom left Above slingshot.
Did noticed during test that the lights do flicker with either left or right flipper pressed.
but after approx 5 hits with the left or right flipper, the left bottom side turns off - until I power off the game and restart.

We have downloaded the code and put it in our game. Everything works fine

Best of luck with your issues.

#4596 4 years ago

USB stick. I am fairly sure you have done enough updates to know what you are doing.

If you are having issues, try a new 16GB USB stick. We have had a USB stick fail. Moving forward for us, if we have any issues updating code, new USB stick first and if that does not work, new SD card. This must be a common issue for Stern to have both versions available on their website.

We had issues with the SD card in 3lvira. Some of the Stern SD cards are faulty. If you flash a new SD card you will loose all your scores and settings. We bought a good quality SD card installed in 3lvira and have had no updating issues on this game since.

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Have you heard anything about specific SD card speed class minimums or recommendations by chance?

This is what it says on the Stern Website:

SD Card – it is recommended you use the same SD Card brand, size, and part number that was provided with your pinball machine. Spike pinball machines require a “Class 10” rated SD Card of appropriate size for proper operation.

We have purchased 16GB SD cards, latest tech and have been putting them in as we need them. Please see below link to Stern site for how to flash a card.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

Good Luck!

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I definitely know what I'm doing, but when an update doesn't work, I'm as clueless as anyone
Since my last USB update didn't work, I bought a new USB 2.0 today and the install seemed to go flawlessly. Only played a couple games, but didn't notice any odd behavior (like I had with my T-REX not working after the last update).
Thanks for the response!

All good. That is why I love Pinside, people helping each other.

We have also started doing full updates and verify "yes" when updating through the USB.

Glad to hear your game is working great!

2 weeks later
#4772 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

How many of you suck at playing your JP?
I do!!

The shots are tight. If you are on you are on but when you are off, game is frustrating. Bricked shot after bricked shot with no points and there are no stand ups next to the ramps to give you bonuses or multiplyers.

1 week later
#4831 4 years ago

We are deciding what color Titans to put on our JP. If you have done dark blue, light blue or green could you please post some photos for us!

Thanks

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I bought a sample large pack to fix up my pins. I had yellow and red and those are not good. They show off the grime. Love Titan!!!!
Green for my JP.
Purple for my BM66

I am thinking green, my wife likes dark blue.

All titans except black show the grime. You just have to clean them more often!

We have purple on our BM66. looks awesome

15848445189742607509116739193197 (resized).jpg15848445189742607509116739193197 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those thinking they will have a better shot at nicer playfield with a later build date, guess again. Mine is a February 2020 build and it is by far the worst playfield I have ever seen from Stern and that includes the ghosting GB playfield I once had.
Clearcoat is waaay too thin and does not appear smooth under light. Raised and sunken inserts pretty much through out. I even have the opposite of a dimple, almost looks like a screw was about to be drilled through. Not too happy but I think I will manage. If this were my only machine I don't think I would be as forgiving.
The one pic is a small sample of all the flaws.
[quoted image]

Many people are following the playfield thread, maybe put it on there too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/102#post-5625167

It is shit like this that will end Stern if they are not careful. As sales go down, they need to stand behind their product. Check every playfield properly before putting them into a game. I think you should say something to your distro, we have been.

1 month later
#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Hye everyone, I have a really strange issue that I'm hoping someone can see if they can replicate. I was having issues with my Trex and it turned out there was a loose wire. Long story short when the Trex was put back together node 9 wouldn't work with all the plugs reconnected. The node works fine when the 2 pin connector below is disconnected which makes me think there is a fault.
The strange thing is, with the 2 pin disconnected, everything appears to be playing normally and I can't figure out what it does. Everything in the Trex functions correctly as far as I can tell; horizontal and vertical motors, jaw coil, magnet coil, jaw opto.
Can anyone tell me what this 2 pin is for?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those 2 wires are still shorting out. We had the same issue, the wires were worn through and touching the metal in TRexs head.

I am fairly sure they are for the opto is the T Rex's mouth.

1 week later
#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Toppers sold out from stern....all 10 of them...lol

Most people that own machines are not on Pinside. That is why Stern created Insider.

Hopefully one of the modders will create a mod that can unlock the extra mode that comes with the topper.

1 week later
#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can you feel any ridges where the insert meets the wood? That would indicate that the clear is very thin, and will lead to wear in the future.

Could you please tell us how you came up with this?

3 weeks later
#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Looking for help on getting T-Rex moving again. When T-Rex MB is waiting to start, the T-Rex does nothing but sit in the neutral position where it should have its jaw lowered to the ramp. My optos work fine and when I hit the left ramp the MB acknowledges the start, but does not. If I drain the ball the MB will then start. I’m using the latest code. Thanks for the help.

Our game was doing that so we pulled it apart over the week end.

Turns out the screw that holds the link for the jaw coil had fallen out. Link is what makes the jaw open.

To test this on your machine, go to single coil test and test the Trex jaw. You will see if the jaw is working or not.

Good luck!

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

thanks for the help PA, jaw works fine. When doing the T-Rex horizontal and vertical tests, it says please wait, homing motors, then moves the head one direction and never stops running the motor without moving anything. Maybe it’s a positioning sensor? Not sure how to test for that.

Sorry, I did not look into our game that far. I am sure there will be some on here that has and will help you out.

2 months later
#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Well I've never seen a powder coated item ever do this ...[quoted image]

Looks like powder coat that has been scratched.

4 months later
#6588 3 years ago

Duh!!

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

no. This has been covered so many times with the designer himself stating that it’s the top of the flipper bat that needs to align to the hole. The bat(yellow). Not the rubber.
This is only for the top flipper. The bottom ones need to align as you have stated. Tip centered with the alignment hole.

Could you show me where KME said this please?

I was unaware.

3 months later
#6919 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Months of waiting for my pin yet so I'm trying to get as much stuff ready in advance as I can. Replacement aftermarket flipper coil stops ordered, full Cliffy set ordered.
Will look into plasic protectors soon.
Considering a playfield protector, has anyone here installed one? difficulty rating? worth it?
Does anyone notice flipper fade from heated coils? I know Pin Monk sells fans, but the 3 fan set is OOS and doesn't ship here and would be costly.
Has anyone installed PC fans? If so I might be interested in some some good quiet fans that can plug directly into the game somewhere if anyone has a link?
What else should I be buying?
Now to search the thread for MODs such as trees etc, wow I never thought at 52yrs old I would be scouring eBay for little plastic trees and dinosaurs, but life can take unexpected turns

We have a playfield protector and a full set of cliffys on ours. No big deal putting one on. The raptor cage is a bit tricky as there is a separate piece to put in but apart from that if you can take a machine apart you can fit a protector easy. Take plenty of photos from all different angles as you remove each piece so you can work backwards and put the game back together. We also mark the electrical connectors with different colour sharpies so it is easier to put back together. Upside is it keeps the playfield pretty good underneath. Down side is you need to vacuum the coil dust out and sometimes the protector sticks to the playfield.

We have not noticed any coil fade, I know what people are on about but we do not notice it on this game. Personally I am not that into the game but my wife absolutely loves the thing. She can regularly get scores of over 1 billion and we have the outlanes wide oped and machine at 6.7 degree pitch.

Have fun with it, it is a cool game.

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Great, thanks for that info
Does the protector stop your playfield from dimpling? and do you notice any "oil slick" type sheen on the protector that I have read can happen with the new thinner sheets? also I assume it doesn't cause any ball hang ups as you would have no doubt said about that.

It definitely helps with dimpling, stopping about 90% of it. If you clean the playfield with shellite (bunnings) before fitting the protectir this will get rid of most of the oil slick. No ball hang ups if you fit the protector properly. You need to make sure it is flat.

We fit the protector because the playfields are definitely not what they used to be. Plan for us if we keep the game ito remove the protector after a few years and the wood has hardened nicely and we still have a new playfield!

16203810256425645132520800530051 (resized).jpg16203810256425645132520800530051 (resized).jpg16203810620057689453952758896395 (resized).jpg16203810620057689453952758896395 (resized).jpg16203810872721937677744043014028 (resized).jpg16203810872721937677744043014028 (resized).jpg

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks again, I'm going to order one and fit it before playing.

All good. If you fit the protector and really do not like it, just take it off. I understand they are not for everyone. Some people like them, some people do not. We want to keep our games as good as possible.

#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks Jokerpoker, I actually already have a playfield protector on my Pin_Bot and I love how it levels out the slightly sunken inserts and makes the game look more glossy, it's the older thicker protector. I don't notice any dust under the edges of mine and I also like my games to be clean. My games room is only used for my games and stays pretty clean and I don't even get much dust on the glass.
So I do have experience with them, but I was wondering how good the new thinner protectors are on new pins, specifically this one and if it would be worthwhile.
Great tip on the shellite before fitting to aviod oil slick look, I will remember that one

You cannot use Mr Sheen with a playfield protector. Mr Sheen is a silicon based furniture polish. Mix it with coil dust and it turns into a fully synthetic grinding paste that is extremely difficult to remove from your machine. This could destroy your playfield. Novus products only and spray them on a rag first so there is no overspray on the game. Most of the nightmare stories about playfield protectors usually go back to polish or wax that had not been put on properly.

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Ive been using a small vac first, then lighter fluid (kingsford!) to clean my playfield. works great.
then a bit of Maguiers wax, let it dry, buff, repeat.

We vacuum our playfield as well!

7 months later
#8378 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

The paper sleeve around the coil inside my trex mouth has come off. Should I take the time to open this up and reapply, or just pull it out?
[quoted image]

If that was my game, I would put the paper back in. If the coil comes loose it can short on the metal jaw.

1 year later
#9046 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Traded my loaded JP prem a while back for a tmnt le and cash. Bad move on my part. Picking up another premium here shorty. Tmnt good riddance.

I much prefer TMNTLE over JPLE. Turtles is much more of a challenge and you really have to think about how to attack the game to get a high score. Short ball times if you play the wrong shots like TWDLE. JPLE just follow the path to the visitor centre and chop away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.