(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mutt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5555 3 years ago

My 3 week old newborn arrived today w/ a June 5th build date and my lineup is officially full. My 1st NIB & like every other pin, my wife says we'll never sell it. she's already started going crazy ordering mods. Now just need a topper.

2020-06-25 10.29.20 (resized).jpg2020-06-25 10.29.20 (resized).jpg2020-06-25 10.44.16 (resized).jpg2020-06-25 10.44.16 (resized).jpg2020-06-25 11.44.06 (resized).jpg2020-06-25 11.44.06 (resized).jpg
#5562 3 years ago

Looks great. We're not a fan of the Stern topper. I know it gets you another mode but I doubt I need yet another mode. Shaker & ext volume control are on the way along w/ a big mezel order my wife placed the other day. She hasn't even playrled it yet but she's all in.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Congrats! I joined the club last week. Birth date was June 3. I promised myself I’d wait 1-2 months before reviewing JP but right now, my feeling is that this is May be the best and most complete pin I’ve ever played.
It will be a long term keeper for me so I have already been buying mods. I may not quite be done as I still need to add art blades and possibly the a Mezel raptor tower. Must haves I’ve already installed included the Mezel raptor pen and Mezel events sign covers.
As for the topper, unless you must have the goat mode it comes with (this game is so deep, I don’t see the value), do yourself a favor and get the Tilt Topper. Mine just arrived yesterday. I haven’t seen the Stern one in person but Tilt’s topper is way cool and at less than half of the price of Stern’s, a much better value and topper IMHO.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5564 3 years ago

My TRex is making a grinding noise when it shakes it's head left right. up down seems normal. with the table sounds on & the glass installed you can't hear it but w/ the glass off it sounds like gears are getting eaten. is this normal or if I should be opening it up to see if an adjustment needs to be made. I'd hate to find out there plastic gears in there wearing down.

here's a vid where you can hear it. its when the head moves left to right. up & down seems fine.

not sure if this is related but it came shipped w/ a piece of foam on the trex ramp but the trex head was NOT resting on it. the head was off to the side up against the chrome wire rails.

20200625_191233 (resized).jpg20200625_191233 (resized).jpg
#5567 3 years ago

thanks, sounded so grindy I wasn't sure if I should take it apart

#5571 3 years ago

the control room pin that pops up to trap the ball was getting stuck in the up position. then the game would get all confused & eventually tell me the ball is missing. loosening the 3 coil bracket mounting screws, then moving it a little so the shaft would return easily, & then retighting fixed it.
Image 014 (resized).pngImage 014 (resized).png

#5583 3 years ago

Well, my control room pin stuck again today so I tried adjusting it again.

Weirder is the exact same screw that I posted a pic of yesterday came off again today. It's from the clear plastic on top of the trex ramp. Just tightened the shit out of it. Wonder how many games it'll last.

20200626_170836 (resized).jpg20200626_170836 (resized).jpg
#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I posted this in the other JP thread as well but I have a new problem since yesterday...
The up post on the control room shot is somehow dropping lower and I keep getting balls stuck in the divot where the post comes out. Suggestions?

I know this is 7 months old & likely been answered but I'm looking for my own stuck ball solution, saw this, & was just working on that pin. if you go under the playfield to that solenoid. it has a little rubber tipped thumbscrew that you can adjust to set the down position of that pin.

Edit - since I still had the glass off I went back & snapped a pic.
20200626_172303 (resized).jpg20200626_172303 (resized).jpg

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For the gate in the pops, have you checked that your machine is level left to right? I just took the glass off mine and tried to place a ball there and it wouldn’t stay. That gate and rubber are sloped to let the ball roll away. I then tried to recreate your picture to compare my gate to yours. See my picture below. Mine doesn’t look like it’s set up much different from yours, but if your machine is level then maybe try adjusting your gate so it rests a fraction of an inch further out.
For the stuck ball in the raptor cage have you tried loosening the screw I circled in red in your picture below (or another screw in that area that might be holding that plastic tight)? Loosening it just a bit might give it enough wiggle to not have the ball stick there. Just an idea and I don’t know though if loosening it too much might increase the risk of the plastic breaking.[quoted image][quoted image]

mine gets stuck at the pop bumper gate too. if I sit the ball on the gate it never get stuck but in gameplay it can. it gets hung up between the edge of the gate & the rubber on the post. it shakes loose.

#5589 3 years ago

i still have to learn what the hell i'm supposed to do when "smart missile is away". i'm not sure what I'm supposed to be aiming for then.

when it said "super double special" and "secret special" all I could think about was double secret probation.

#5592 3 years ago

Here's how it gets stuck at the pop bumper gate. It took SEVERAL games before it got stuck there again. When mods come I'll look at it.

20200626_203229 (resized).jpg20200626_203229 (resized).jpg20200626_203235 (resized).jpg20200626_203235 (resized).jpg
#5598 3 years ago

For all the nedry drops I have yet to hear, dodgson.!bwe got dodgson here!

20200627_002835 (resized).jpg20200627_002835 (resized).jpg
#5601 3 years ago

1st 2 mods arrived & already in but this shaker doesn't feel nice like the 1 in my ac/dc. Not sure if this is an aftermarket brand or if I just need to make adjustments. As it is now, I'd rather disconnect it.

20200627_133920 (resized).jpg20200627_133920 (resized).jpg
#5603 3 years ago

spinning 1 of the shaker weights 180 from the other gave a subtle shake. it was fine. at 90 from each other I think it was more TRex appropriate.

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

mutt any chance you could provide a close up shot of that external volume controls connectors? I have most of those parts on hand and would love to make one myself... just want to be sure of the wires and how they are connected.

I'd have to pull it out of the machine but when I get home I'll see what I can do. basically it has a male & female connector on it. it connects at the inside door controls. you unplug the existing harness under the inside door controls & plug that into the new volume harness. then plug the other connector to the in door buttons. I don't see any reason why you could just intercept those wires & use vampire crimps to tap into them.

1 week later
#5638 3 years ago

for the price of the Stern topper you could get this 12" tall raptor statue
https://chroniclecollectibles.com/products/breakout-raptor

BreakoutCleverGirl00_x1600 (resized).jpgBreakoutCleverGirl00_x1600 (resized).jpg
#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Was at the local distributor today and they had 1 Premium left. Pulled the trigger and will get it hopefuly soon
Somehow i really like the amber rod. Anyone got something if it will become available again? Has the problems with the "wrong" insects been improved.
And how does the one from modfather compare to it? Drilling holes and connect LEDs in the plate i could do myself.

1st let me say I don't have this but from my research, the stern one gets wired inside the cabinet & the LED are in the amber shooter itself. the other 2 appear to be an unlit amber knob w/ an option of setting LEDs in the plate that shine on it.

nevermind, looks like I was wrong.

1 week later
#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Mine isn't orange either. Mine was also an early June build. Sounds like when they got back to building games from the factory re-opening they forgot that part. Easy enough to fix though.
How loud are your T-rex heads? Mine sounds like the gears are grinding. I have the game at sound volume 14 and can hear it moving over the music and callouts.

mine is a june & it sounds like grinding gears too. I sent stern a video but they said it was normal.

sometimes when I get the "shoot the t-rex" message the t-rex has comes down is resting it's jaw on the wire form instead of being down in the ramp. since the t-rex isn't int he ramp, shooting the ramp won't start multiball. basically, anytime that happens, you can't shoot the t-rex. over the weekend it happened about 3 times. I kept trying to get a photo of it but I was too slow.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I can definitely hear the T-Rex moving, but I don't think I've noticed it sounding grind-y.

take the glass off. it'll sound grindy then

#5684 3 years ago

sometimes my t-rex comes down on the wireform & rests it's chin there instead of lowering into the ramp. today during 1 game it happened 3 times. I feel like I posted about this before but it's always hard to snap a pic of it. i'm still running v1 of the code & don't believe updating to 1.02 is going to make a difference. still, I'm gonna try that before taking things apart.

2020-07-14 19.17.42 (resized).jpg2020-07-14 19.17.42 (resized).jpg2020-07-14 19.17.46 (resized).jpg2020-07-14 19.17.46 (resized).jpg
#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This happened to me, but you're not going to like what I have to say. I contacted Stern twice but they ignored my emails. Not sure what the problem is, but I think I adjusted the left/right whatever it's called in the menu, and it doesn't seem to happen anymore, if at all. (It's the left/right settings on the head motion in the menu...can't remember what it's called.)

Thanks, I saw those were options but didn't play w/ them because when she doesn't get stuck on the wire form she lands nicely in the ramp & drops the ball nicely in the wireform so I'd hate to break those. Will check it out.

2 weeks later
#5819 3 years ago

Had to order the Matchbox chopper 3 times before it finally came but finally got it & thru it in. To make it fit I used a belt sander to remove about a 1/16" of plastic off the bottom then I used a knife & file to Hollow out a couple divots in the bottom of it for the screws in the landing pad so it sits all the way down on it.

Tossed a couple leds in the cockpit & wired them to the GI under it.

20200803_213422 (resized).jpg20200803_213422 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So I took out the playfield to install inner art blades. I put everything back and now t-Rex is making a grinding noise when moving horizontally. Here is the video. Can anything be done or must call stern for a new one?

mine has always sounded like this. I sent a similar video to stern who claimed it was normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mutt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.