(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I dont notice it at all while playing.
It's really just the very corners from a players perspective.
A "bent plastic" would probably eliminate it entirely.

As above ...
I use these on BW DMD games

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

2 weeks later
#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My distributor said back on the line tomorrow. I have a premium paid for so kind of hounding him

Very good to hear. Betting we have the same distributor ...

1 week later
#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

JP does have issues with screws & posts loosening and falling out - not sure if this is specific to JP or just that the factory are overly cautious in over tightening things these days. Question is whether will we need to be tightening these up for the rest of the machine's life - if we use locklite on everything how easy are they to undo in the future, if we need to some repairs?

Just pick the right loc-tite and you'll be good. I use the blue (#242) quite a bit as long as the fastener head is of sufficient strength.
If the head is delicate (say a small slotted head machine screw) I'll use the purple as the fastener may fail in removal
Also good idea to use lower strength where the connection is one that you might have to undo it more often in order to gain access to another part

The Difference Between Red, Blue, Green and Purple Threadlockers (resized).jpegThe Difference Between Red, Blue, Green and Purple Threadlockers (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4738 4 years ago

Just got mine yesterday as well! Had Robert Stone powder coat it Illusion Orange Cherry.
I got the armor swapped, sub installed, pingraffix installed and shaker installed
Game is amazing to play ... better than I expected and my expectations were high.
Born on Feb 25 to a spelling challenged Stern Pinball (check out the "febraury")

IMG_7425 (resized).jpgIMG_7425 (resized).jpgIMG_7441 (resized).jpgIMG_7441 (resized).jpgIMG_7428 (resized).jpgIMG_7428 (resized).jpgIMG_7433 (resized).jpgIMG_7433 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpgIMG_7435 (resized).jpgIMG_7436 (resized).jpgIMG_7436 (resized).jpgIMG_7437 (resized).jpgIMG_7437 (resized).jpgIMG_7438 (resized).jpgIMG_7438 (resized).jpgIMG_7442 (resized).jpgIMG_7442 (resized).jpg

IMG_7405 (resized).jpgIMG_7405 (resized).jpg
#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Anyone ever had a small glitch on launching your first ball and getting an instant map credit, followed by what seems to be an auto launch or a coil in the right side triggering... Hardly ever happens but every once in a while... Running latest code, never happened until version 1.0...

I'd be interested to know if our issues are similar.
When launching (auto or manual) once in a while the game will launch another ball.
Seems only to happen if the ball passes the helicopter blades
If I short plunge and skip the upper wireform (blades) it does not do it
Its also not consistent but I know it's not normal because it happens on the first ball. It's not like I've earned the second ball.

Anyone have any knowledge of the helicopter driving this behavior??

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'd be interested to know if our issues are similar.
When launching (auto or manual) once in a while the game will launch another ball.
Seems only to happen if the ball passes the helicopter blades
If I short plunge and skip the upper wireform (blades) it does not do it
Its also not consistent but I know it's not normal because it happens on the first ball. It's not like I've earned the second ball.
Anyone have any knowledge of the helicopter driving this behavior??

OK ... further investigation this morning shows that "Ball Save" pops up on the screen every time this happens
Also, its not tied to helicopter like I originally thought, and it's not tied to just during a ball launch (but does happen a ton at ball launch). This sometimes also happens in the middle of the game at random times
Whenever it does, "Ball Save" appears on the LCD and another ball is launched thus leaving 2 balls in play

Trough optos? Switch?
Anyone have another Stern game of this period that this happened to?

Maddening and makes the game unplayable (at least for me)
Thx for any advice!

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sounds like a trough issue to me. If ball save flashes on maybe the game thinks the first ball it launched went out of play. Same if the game goes dead in the middle of playing a ball.
First thing I'd do is reseat the connectors to the trough boards (sometimes they work themselves loose). If that doesn't fix it then start going through the switch tests and see if you have an intermittent opto somewhere.

You got me thinking about the switches - thx ... which are also the easiest to test.
I tested both outlanes and wouldn't you know it - Nedry is at it again!
The right (Nedry) outlane switch was set too tight at factory. Sometimes it was staying closed at launch which would automatically serve another ball
Pulled it, adjusted it so the switch mech could fully open in its uncompressed position and all is good now!
IMG_7479 (resized).jpgIMG_7479 (resized).jpgIMG_7480 (resized).jpgIMG_7480 (resized).jpg
IMG_7468 (resized).jpgIMG_7468 (resized).jpg

#4749 4 years ago

New post on my blog - "Find Nedry!" - My journey to buying a Stern Jurassic Park

https://thepinballloft.com/

IMG_7437 (resized).jpgIMG_7437 (resized).jpg
#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's the triple super skill shot.
Left ramp - skill shot (worth 2M initially and value increases by 1M for any skill shot made)
Right ramp - super skill shot (worth 2x skill shot)
Side ramp - double super skill shot (worth 4x skill shot)
Right orbit - triple super skill shot (worth 6x skill shot)

Thx for posting this.

Read it, and then 5 minutes ago and on my first game tonight, on first plunge ... nailed it.
Also first time EVER hitting this combo and probably the last time for a while!! What a rush!!

I know why it's called triple super - I find that "O" lane/orbit super challenging for me out of all the shots

1 week later
#4818 4 years ago

Ugh. This appears to be way to common of a problem ... just 2 weeks old

IMG_7526 (resized).jpgIMG_7526 (resized).jpg
#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from _KTM_:

Are any of the premiums from the most recent batch having playfield finish issues or has this been fixed?

No playfield issues at all. Clear is not too thick either so dimpling is very much reduced. Blast to play, very challenging shots and a target shooter of a game.So many unique shots!

I Had a few minor issues with mine right out of the box - Nedry outlane switch was factory too tight and left apron LED board feeder wire had the Z connector installed wrong. Played maybe a hundred games and lost node board #9 - game is unplayable at the moment as Stern ships a new board.
Eager to get back at it again!

Wrote about the game here
https://thepinballloft.com/
IMG_7433 (resized).jpgIMG_7433 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4897 4 years ago

Got my JP premium back up and running - after 175 plays, it went down from a soldering issue in T-Rex jaw
Wrote about the solve here
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/27/the-park-is-closed/

Got back to playing it albeit after dressing up like a doctor
Wrote about that here
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/29/pandemic/

This game is simply amazing - a masterpiece of:
- Targeted shots that make you a better player
- Combos that (when hit right) deliver crazy speed
- Killer sound and great score ... gotta have a sub
- Great but simple PF art
- Rules that I mostly understand
- Huge variety of gameplay
- Neblar challenge mode to practice all the toughest shots

Now ... if I could only hit that "O" shot reliably

IMG_7594 (resized).jpgIMG_7594 (resized).jpg
#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from jcpinny:

I have a TREX issue. The ball is always caught by TREX but its like the magnet in mouth does not stop activating and the ball remains in his mouth during trex mb. Anybody deal with this? its not the ramp onto but rather the opt switch in the mouth. The opto in the mouth is not registering.

This was my issue BUT before you tear apart the Trex, run diagnostics on switches and stick your finger in there to see if switch (opto) registers
If not, might be same issue I had. Test switch first

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Got most of my game dialed in now thanks to this group.
One last thing that was concerning my family was the amount of ball hop for a ball coming back down the S lane from a weak shot or poor plunge.
I wondered if the ball guide could be pushed up some to stop this. Short answer is no. There is zero play in this guide.
While I had the plastics taken apart I noticed that the metal guide is so damn close to the post that it had cut through the black rubber ring. (Original Stern ring in photo.)
I replace this ring with a new one but it is already getting sliced open.
The only fix I can think of would be to throw out this rubber ring altogether and only put a single post rubber on the middle post.
Has anyone tried this yet or have a better idea?[quoted image]

Same issue on mine. Original was cut and my brand new clear Titan was sliced upon install - nasty hop off that rubber into the left sling every time

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi folks,
So I managed to reattach my Trex's jaw when it fell off but ever since the head has been on the low side of things.
I am trying to adjust as per one of the pinned posts but I find it very hard to get in behind there. When I slide the playfield out towards the front of the pin as far as the resting rails underneath will allow, there's still not a terrific amount of room to maneuver behind the Trex head.
Am I missing something? Pretty new at this. The only other position I can think of is to see if I can go further, and rest the rails on a table of appropriate height right in front of the pin?
Thanks for rescuing an idiot!
Evan

Not sure if you mean the entire T-Rex head is dropping too low onto the ramp area?
Adjusting that position (including L or R) is done this way - using menu and coin door buttons (not mechanical)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

1 week later
#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well crap...now my T-Rex stopped moving vertically and I can't find anything wrong. It does not move during a game and it does not move in test mode. It makes no sound at all in test mode. I have no service error messages either..and no, nothing about the T-Rex is disabled in the game adjustments menu. Nothing appears to be unplugged either. It does move horizontally in test mode and also when you first start a game...but then never moves again at all.

Check to see if the white controller arm (white plastic - left side of T-Rex and behind the backboard) is still attached.
Held on by a "C" clip - probably not the issue but if that comes off the up down movement would not happen

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I have a similar problem, vestus. My optos also work fine in test but I noticed if I move the T-Rex head left and right, the mouth opto will stop working in certain positions. The wiring and solder connections look good so I am thinking there's something loose on the opto reciever board itself.

My issue - detailed on my blog. Long shot but might be one of your issues
Loose wire on Opto board in jaw of T-rex, then that loose wire was grounding out on the board itself

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from vestus:Sorry, but I don't understand.
Your issue Was a problem with the Node-Board?
You had the same problem, that the T-Rex hold the ball?

My issue was with the Opto in the T-Rex jaw, manifested as node board #9 "not found"

1 week later
#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Hey, new to the club. A couple of questions and I have not read the entire forum.
Has anyone had the game start with points (sometimes 7500, sometimes 15000) in the players 1 spot before the player has launched his first ball? This has happened to me when I started a 2 player or 3 player start game. NOt all the time. Weird, just looking to see if anyone has had this happen to them.
I know there is a setting/adjustment to just the shaker motor. Is that a software menu adjustment of how long the shaker shakes? Is the intensity/vibration a physical adjustment on the motor itself? My glass rattles on my machine. I adjusted the lenght of how long it shakes. Not sure if it is the upgraded color changing front speakers that is rattling the glass or the shaker. I have to buy some glass rattle tape to stop the bad glass rattle.
Any info would be great, thanks.

Sounds like you've got a switch adjusted too tight. I had the same issue and my switch was the outlane. Often, it would register as I plunged and add another ball to the game because it had "thought" i drained.
Put the game into switch test mode, remove the glass and tap the playfield is several areas to see if it activates.
Once you find the offending switch, it can be adjusted

Go to this link and at the end of my blog post on this very game you'll see a close of up a typical switch and why/where the adjustment is
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/08/find-nedry/

1 week later
#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I’m in, boys! First NIB!
[quoted image]

Congrats - get ready for some sore wrists!!

1 month later
#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Hye everyone, I have a really strange issue that I'm hoping someone can see if they can replicate. I was having issues with my Trex and it turned out there was a loose wire. Long story short when the Trex was put back together node 9 wouldn't work with all the plugs reconnected. The node works fine when the 2 pin connector below is disconnected which makes me think there is a fault.
The strange thing is, with the 2 pin disconnected, everything appears to be playing normally and I can't figure out what it does. Everything in the Trex functions correctly as far as I can tell; horizontal and vertical motors, jaw coil, magnet coil, jaw opto.
Can anyone tell me what this 2 pin is for?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exact same issue with mine. Wrote detailed fix on my blog here ...
BTW, easy 30 minute fix once you know what the issue is

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=mt45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.