(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #885 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex alignment bulletin from Stern. Posted by pickleric (4 years ago)

Post #1396 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter fix Posted by Chambahz (4 years ago)

Post #1619 read before dismantling the raptor Posted by timlah79 (4 years ago)

Post #1830 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex adjustment info according to Keith Elwin Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #2358 TREX Adjustment info Posted by imagamejunky (4 years ago)

Post #2625 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Raptor pit detailed adjustment instructions. Posted by yancy (4 years ago)

Post #2994 TECH: PLAYFIELD. T-Rex head removal tips and Jaw screw fix. Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #3326 Amber Bonus rules and details Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #3417 TECH: SWITCHES. Opto sensor not registering on orbit fix Posted by caker137 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4063 4 years ago

JP is my first pin and I’m new to the forum. I love the game!

I’m looking for some help. Sometimes when I shoot the control room the ball comes back and the up post hits the ball. One time it wedged the ball in the chute. Just now it rocketed the ball straight up into the glass. It hit so hard I jumped. Are there any adjustments for this? I looked but couldn’t find any. The only thing I thought of was to lower the right flipper power but not sure I want to do that.

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Where is this setting in the menu?

I think what he means is to adjust the leaf switch. I don’t believe there is an adjustment for the switch in the menu. I’d love to know if there is an adjustment for the switch or the up post.

1 month later
#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm about to shoot my T-Rex in the head. Sometimes he doesn't open his mouth. Sometimes he opens his mouth but doesn't swallow the ball (I have the old ramp shield...I guess I should try to get a new one). Sometimes he just rests his head to the right side of the ramp and doesn't open his mouth, like he's taking a nap or something. And sometimes he opens his mouth, swallows the ball, and does everything just as he should.
It's infuriating because it seems like I have EVERY problem with my T-Rex that everybody has described before, and I'm not really sure where to start outside of doing a complete rebuild and working out the opto situation.
Anybody have any ideas or fixes offhand? I don't think anything in software (the bias adjustments, for instance) will fix this.

Have you tried the tape fix? If not I would try that until you get the new guide for the ramp. I’m using the tape fix until I get mine and my trex works really well. I’ve also read here that removing the shims for the plastic over the ramp can help. I still have the shims on mine so I can’t speak to that.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone know if there’s a relatively easy way to take the wire off the gate and put it back on? I’ve looked at this cradle spot on my machine and it seems like bending the bottom of the wire down so it doesn’t extend out so far while also bending the U-shape that keeps it locked in the gate (to allow it to pivot up more for balls to pass under it) could eliminate the cradle spot for balls sticking there.
But it seems like there isn’t an easy way to get the wire off it to do the bending, and I tried bending it in place but it was a bit dicey doing that.

I removed mine and worked on it. I removed wire form (3 screws). Then I removed the rail that the bracket is attached to. First you have to remove the plastic piece that’s on top of it. The rail has one screw on top of the PF and one nut below the PF. You may also have to remove the roof on the tower to get the wire form back on. It really wasn’t bad. I had few issues with that gate and decided to do what was necessary to work on it.

2 weeks later
#4794 4 years ago

This is my first pin and the more I play it and the better I get the more fun it is. Tonight I started T-Rex Chase and Raptor Tri-Ball at the same time. Holy crap! It was so much fun and the points run up really fast! Turned out to be my best game yet.

2E1A8E37-E41C-4142-ADBF-98E43064FD09 (resized).jpeg2E1A8E37-E41C-4142-ADBF-98E43064FD09 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

anyone have had a ultra loud flying ball into the glass from control room coil coming up to late and hitting the ball (premium).
i play in a quiet room and i nearly sht my pants ...and i was thinking about building an airball protector, because it happened 3 times already.
EDIT: just happened again! ouuch

The same thing happened on mine. The first time scared the crap out of me. I posted my concern here and the responses were to turn down the right flipper power. I will say that helped.

2 months later
#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Well, my control room pin stuck again today so I tried adjusting it again.
Weirder is the exact same screw that I posted a pic of yesterday came off again today. It's from the clear plastic on top of the trex ramp. Just tightened the shit out of it. Wonder how many games it'll last.
[quoted image]

Mine came out a few times. I put some blue loctite on the threads and that fixed it

6 months later
#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I was playing my Premium tonight and right in the middle of a game, the game suddenly stopped and the lcd screen gave me a message about closing the coin door or pulling the interlock bar switch (orl something to rhat effect). I had no idea what happened so I opened the coin door (which was closed) and the game completely went off (including the screen).
Now the game will not even power up. After a few seconds, I here a fan whirring type of noise coming out of the silver box in the lower right corner of the backbox (see picture).
I have never had something like this happen with any machine I've ever owned and this was NIB in June. Anyone have an idea of what happened and the problem is? It is if the power supply is gone but I have no idea why. Not happy right now as this game isn't even a year old.
UPDATE: Now no whirring sound either. Zero power to the entire pin. Really concerned something really bad could have happened but have no idea why. No power surge or anything.
[quoted image]

Sorry to hear, that sucks. Good new is it’s covered under warranty. I would leave the game off and call or email Stern tomorrow. The whirring sound is a fan in the power supply. The fan doesn’t run all the time. It only runs when the power supply reaches a certain temperature. My guess is the power supply is fine and one of the boards is bad but Stern can give you some troubleshooting steps to try.

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I hope you're right and that the warranty covers it. I'm at about the 7 month mark and this is my first NIB.
I was hoping it was a power supply issue and that would just need to be replaced. It was really strange. Have never experienced anything like it with any other pin and it is deader than a door nail now .

It is covered by warranty for one year so you should be good. If it completely died all at once that could be the power supply. Since you got the message on the screen first, that tells me a board went bad. If you have a volt meter you could check voltage out of power supply. If not I would just wait and call Stern.

In the meantime, Stern has a video on their website where, I think his name is George, talks through the different boards and components and how they work together. That may help you understand what the components are in case you have to replace one of them.

#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, sorry to hear that. I hadn't read anything about an issue like this happening. I am going to call my distributor and Stern tomorrow. I've just never had an issue like this happen but then again, this is my first spike II, LCD pin.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, sorry to hear that. I hadn't read anything about an issue like this happening. I am going to call my distributor and Stern tomorrow. I've just never had an issue like this happen but then again, this is my first spike II, LCD pin.

Wow. Two of you with dead machines. Let us know when you figure out the problem.

#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtrot603:

Figured out my problem...bad wall outlet! Had to get a volt meter and went through the SPIKE II game power troubleshooting flow chart. Had a low reading on last step. Moved the power cable to a different outlet...and power issue fixed!
24 hours without pinball...how ever did I keep my sanity!
PS: Sorry for invading the Premium/LE owner's group. I spend hours looking for similar problems and this was the closest I found.

Glad it was an easy fix.

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I hope you're right and that the warranty covers it. I'm at about the 7 month mark and this is my first NIB.
I was hoping it was a power supply issue and that would just need to be replaced. It was really strange. Have never experienced anything like it with any other pin and it is deader than a door nail now .

Just curious, did you talk to Stern or figure out the issue yet?

1 month later
#6718 3 years ago

Does anyone have a mod to stop the ball from going behind raptor pen and getting stuck?

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Never had this happen. Do you have a pic, or know how it gets there?

Seriously? Happens all the time. Air balls pop up the clear plastic piece as they come flying in and get stuck behind the raptor. Have to remove glass to dig it out.

31713837-B52B-4CA0-A634-DB266FABB453 (resized).jpeg31713837-B52B-4CA0-A634-DB266FABB453 (resized).jpeg
#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've had this happen on a couple of occasions. Think I read a post ages ago where someone put some clear adhesive rubber dots to stop the ball getting in there - can't recall whether they put them on the underside of the clear plastic or on top of the printed plastic (or both). Pretty easy to try and you don't need to disassemble anything to install them

That is an easy cheap thing to try. Thanks for sharing.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Maybe I do have a vague recollection of this happening once to me early on. I'm just trying to figure out how/where the ball entry occurs to think through a mod that might prevent it, but I'm still not clear on the ball path to get there. What do you think needs to be addressed?

There is a clear plastic piece that is not bolted down on the high side of the play field. I think the ball is hitting and pushing that piece up so the ball slides under it and goes behind the raptor. I think one possible mod is to make something that attaches to the metal hexagonal post with arms that hold that piece in place.

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's the fix...I posted this a while back...I have over 2000+ games with this mod that literally takes 5 seconds .
Cut a Superbands clear post just slightly longer than the distance between the plastic guard and the floor of the raptor pit plastic. (Superbands because it is the stiffest) All we're looking to do is stabilize the main plastic guard which is too flexible on it's own, the ball is compressing the plastic and sliding in above it. Insert the piece where I have mine and you're good to go. The ball will not lift the plastic or compress it. You don't have to worry about the piece coming loose. The ball striking above or below the plastic deflector or even directly has no effect on moving the cut post rubber. I have a small square of 3M tape to hold the piece on the bottom but you don't really need it. Done.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. This is a good solution. Tonight I came up with a different fix. I cut a piece of clear plastic, drilled a hole, and glued it to a collar. The collar sits above the other piece, but based on what you found I need to move it so it’s below. Same idea, keep the piece that’s out in the wind from allowing the ball through.
75C1F7F0-3ABB-4EA0-B274-BC11A34E4392 (resized).jpeg75C1F7F0-3ABB-4EA0-B274-BC11A34E4392 (resized).jpeg

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Very cool idea! That even looks more factory than my ghetto mod

Haha thanks. Your idea is good also. I wanted to use what’s there and not do anything that I can’t undo. I think someone with better skills than me could make something with similar function but more factory looking.

#6742 3 years ago

Hi, please see below.

Quoted from Sulaco:

Hi - After my playing this pin for about a month I wanted to share some observations to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing I am:
-Ball wiggles up the ramps: I am either off a fraction of a mm to cause the ball to rock/wiggle up the ramp (and fall back down) or something else is off. If I am off target, then so be it; but it seems to happen quite a bit.
I have noticed the same thing on the right ramp. I am curious to hear anything others have done to address.

-Tower halfpipe is a tough shot to complete: most of my shots into this seem to hit the top and then fall back down. Is it possible to dial back the strength of the flippers? Or as with the above...I am just off target?
This is a tough shot. You can adjust flipper strength in the settings to see if that helps. I have not tried this.

-My T-Rex is slightly to the left when he is on the ramp. Curious if anyone else's T-Rex is off center a pinch? Is this easily adjustable as some of my shots do tend to bounce off his nose.
You can adjust this in the settings. I had the same issue. I now have his chin closer to the left side of the ramp. This has helped with catching the ball. I believe the setting is called bias. You can change the setting then go into test in the settings to tweak it before you play a game.

More than happy to make any adjustments to the factory settings to get the most out of the pin.
Thanks!

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Just got this unfortunate letter from my distributor that he said he copied from a Stern letter:
As you have probably heard if you tune into global news, manufacturing all over the world is experiencing supply chain issues, and our company is no different. The ports along the West Coast are heavily backed up, congested, and causing delays. You can read about it here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/shipping-companies-look-at-sailing-away-from-choked-southern-california-gateways-11612802085
Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.
However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.
Thank you for your patience and we’ll reach out when games are ready.

This sucks but it’s worth the wait. This was my first pin ever and I love it. I got it Nov 2019 and I still play it all the time. Still trying to get to visitor center.

2 weeks later
#6820 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Adding this to the control room plastic was my answer for that awful white flasher. Couldn't get it on fast enough lol. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/02808-control-room-alt-plastic-piece-mod-for-jurassic-park

I did this also. That white light is brutal.

3 weeks later
#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

Hi,
I am reaching out to the community for some diagnosing / testing / possible repair help with my JP PE. Brief description of what is happening and what Stern and I have done so far:
The 'C' and 'H' are triggered, the 'T' and 'R' are triggered, the raptor door drops, and the Supply Drop is registered right after the intro movie ends and before the ball is plunged (there is a video link showing the issue below):

This issue just occurred when I turned on the game and hasn't stopped. I didn't touch anything on, in, or around the cabinet or playfield.
I have been working with Stern for a little over 3 weeks trying to figure out what is happening. I believe this issue has them stumped. So far I have done the following:
-Switched back to factory 1.03 code - issue is still there with this code
-Replaced a Core Node 3 AMP board - no fix
-Performed various switch tests to see if any are loose - nothing is loose
-Disconnected the Jeep newton ball sensor and started a game - the 'T' and 'R' still register upon game start up
-Factory resets
-Other diagnoses that did not show any glaring issues
What I have noticed is this 'pre-launch scoring' issue does not happen for player 2...it only triggers for player 1. Ball 2 and 3 do not do anything pre-launch either.
I am curious if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar and if you found a way to repair it. My pin is only about a month old.
Stern is also working with me on this, but I just wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else has had this issue.
Thanks so much for your help and more than happy to answer any questions / run any tests / or anything else you can recommend!

Your video on the screen is different than mine. Did you install something different?

1 week later
#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put the spacer nut under left side of shooter lane and still getting rejects on auto plunge. Strength is at 160 now, seems to be best. I've tried all power settings. Any ideas? Taller or shorter nut? I've watched it over and over and can't seem to see the problem. Thx for any help

Mine worked great then all of a sudden started rejecting all the time after about 3000 games. I tried everything including the washer and eventually took the shooter lane apart. I didn’t find any issues. I did take the coil apart and even though it felt smooth in the coil sleeve, the plastic rod on the coil that comes in contact with the ball was slightly mushroomed out. I took some sand paper and knocked that down. Since I did that, I only get about 1 out of 100 rejects. WAY better!

1 week later
#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from Jfmav:

Probably a dumb Noob question but I can’t find the answer on any of the threads. How do I install the cliffy ramp protectors? Or do I even need to? There is a metal ramp entrance with convex screws. The carbon fiber protector doesn’t fit over the screws. Am I suppose to switch out the screws. Do I install it short of the screws. Thanks. (Image of the protector just lying on the field is for reference. I know that I don’t install it here. .

Where do you buy these?

7 months later
#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can someone post the bias settings for the TREX adjustments? The last three options in the adjustment menus. Thank you in advance.

Here are mine. I found it catches the ball better if the mouth is slightly closer to the left side of the ramp. Yours may or may not be the same.

Left 0
Middle -5
Right 0

1 month later
#8537 2 years ago

I have 2 random issues on my Prem I need help with.

1. Sometimes on startup the raptor gate doesn’t go all the way down or it goes to the bottom and stays there. I don’t see any wires under the PF catching on the gate. If I power cycle that usually fixes it.

2. Sometimes the ball only goes halfway up the right ramp but it still registers. I went into switch test and I can’t replicate the issue with the ball or tapping on the PF or the ramp.

#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

But it's no big deal and the game is so hard that it's only fair that sometimes it throws you a freebie

That’s a fair point. It is a hard game. I adjusted the switch so it’s less sensitive but if that doesn’t help I’m not going to worry about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=jp76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.